Suggestion: Player funding platform

Alukat123

Stalker
Son Alukat Goku
Hello, could you implement a platform to invest into players?

Something like the banks just in auction house fashion, where people can put up the amount of peds they need and the interest they're offering.

Example:

Name - PED wanted - interested offered
player - 500 - 0,5% p.m.

to prevent people from listing themselves and just taking off with the money, it has to be backed up by ped and/or items. This amount is locked and it's not possible to spend below that amount.
People can't withdraw below the amount of investment.

So if somebody wants has take a 1000 PED this person is unable to withdraw peds to an amount that it would drop below 1000 PED on card and/or item value.

fund gets dissolved and the invested peds getting paid back to the investors, if the player is offline for 6 months, just to make it more secure for investors, if something happens IRL to the investment taker.

This would provide a quite secure way for investors to invest into players.

It can also help the economy grow, by allowing players to move their unallocated peds to players who are in need of peds, allowing the latter to buy additional stuff and so on.

Edit:
When in loan window and setting up the WTL, then a pawn box is created in the inventory.
The pawn box then shows x/y PED , x = ped value currently in box, y = ped value needed to back up the loan.
once x is > or = to y, you're allowed to "ok" for the WTL.
This way only the value of the contents inside the box needs to be mathed out and compared to the value that has to be in the box for backing up the loan.

As it goes for the box-properties:
- items inside the box can't be used for anything, except for being listed into auction or trading, when the trade partner has equal or higher amount in TT-value in his trade window.
The items or PED the boxed item(s) have been traded for are getting placed inside the box.
- weight is normally applied for the contents of the box
- x has always to be > or = to y, so if you want to take something out of the box, you need to put something else into the box first.
If you try to take something out and x would become smaller y, then you get the massage: "removing this would drop the item value inside the box below the required value, please add more value to the content of this box before trying to take out this again".

Last edited:
Hmmm?

Scammer alert!!!

Seriously, what if:
someone creates an Alt, takes the money and simply drops it to his main char (scam) ?
someone gets some money and starts gambling Explo IV and lose all (simply lost) ?

How would investors get their money back ?

Hmmm?

Scammer alert!!!

Seriously, what if:
someone creates an Alt, takes the money and simply drops it to his main char (scam) ?
someone gets some money and starts gambling Explo IV and lose all (simply lost) ?

How would investors get their money back ?

to prevent people from listing themselves and just taking off with the money, it has to be backed up by ped and/or items.

:rolleyes:

to prevent people from listing themselves and just taking off with the money, it has to be backed up by ped and/or items.

They're backing up a ped loan with ped? Then they already have PED and don't need a loan. If they have items, they can go to the banks as thats what they're for

They're backing up a ped loan with ped? Then they already have PED and don't need a loan. If they have items, they can go to the banks as thats what they're for

I did not write it, I merely quoted it for the person who apparently can't read.

Ok, lets say I have 2k PED on my card, now I can take 2k PED credit from other player, but 2k PED is locked on my PED card to be able to pay back.
Now I have 4k PED on my card, but still can use only 2k, as 2k is locked (backup).

Why not just use my own 2k PED ???
I can do exactly what I could have done befor taking the credit.

Doesn´t make sense to be honest.

People can't withdraw below the amount of investment.

So if somebody wants has take a 1000 PED this person is unable to withdraw peds to an amount that it would drop below 1000 PED on card and/or item value.

There is no word about the items or PEDs used for backup are locked.
So it is possible to decay, lose, trade.
It just can´t be withdrawn.

If it is locked it doesn´t make sense (see post above).
If it isn´t locked (scammer allert!)

Ok, lets say I have 2k PED on my card, now I can take 2k PED credit from other player, but 2k PED is locked on my PED card to be able to pay back.
Now I have 4k PED on my card, but still can use only 2k, as 2k is locked (backup).

Why not just use my own 2k PED ???
I can do exactly what I could have done befor taking the credit.

Doesn´t make sense to be honest.

Example:
player has level 35 weapon skills but only 700 PED on his card and another 500 PED* of items in storage, which he is going to sell over time.

If he'd buy full TT Armatrix LR-30 + hootfoot 25 (L) + limited Jarhead armor set, then the 700 PED are basically gone but he has no money for ammo left.
Currently he either needs to wait for the other 500 PED to sell or TT it and by this wasting the MU.
With the fund that player could buy the stuff, have about 1,1k item value (gear + stuff in storage) and could take a loan of 500 PED and could go shooting without having to tt all that storage stuff.

* the 500 PED may be either gear for a different mob or loot or whatever.

same with crafters who may have 2k PED item value in storage which may take half a year to sell, have the cash for several clicks on a rather fast selling item but not enough peds for residue to fill the item, they could take a loan too to keep going.

There is no word about the items or PEDs used for backup are locked.

sorry, forgot to type that in the original post. I'll edit it.

Last edited:
If he got items to sell, he can use the items to get a loan from the ingame banks, or he can sell it to trader/shopowner (fasttrade).

If he takes a loan form another player, and the items are locked, what if his hunt/craft turns out really bad, so don´t have the PEDs to pay back. In this case what is this items valued (TT?). He can´t sell it at reasonable MU when it is locked!
In this case he could also have TTed the items directly, to fund his playing.

Personally I would choose the trader/reseller option, thats fast cash for a little less MU, but at least some MU.

If he got items to sell, he can use the items to get a loan from the ingame banks, or he can sell it to trader/shopowner (fasttrade).

at the bank 60% (!) annual interest...
and as it goes for trader/shopowner, depending on the item they may just offer very bad MU or only TT , because they're unfimiliar with those items and want little to no risk...

traders may work fine for ores/enmatter and animal oils, but when it comes to vehicle, furniture, clothes and other stuff that doesn't sell very quickly or weekly or monthly basis, then the trader situation becomes quite bad quickly...

If he takes a loan form another player, and the items are locked, what if his hunt/craft turns out really bad, so don´t have the PEDs to pay back.

well, MA knows the returns and they could even take another safety meassure prevent this, like locking loan+25% to prevent this.

In this case what is this items valued (TT?). He can´t sell it at reasonable MU when it is locked!

that's why PED and/or item value, they can temporariliy unlock it for trading, when the trade partner puts in an equal or more TT-value item or ped. If the player sells that item, he will have peds to back it up.

Last edited:
beware of lending...

'Renting'
Clarification about Entropia Banking Operations

Clarification about Entropia banking operations
Clarification about Entropia banking operations
04 June 2007

Since we released news about the virtual banking licenses, several questions regarding loan services and banking affairs within Entropia Universe have been raised. The main concern has been the lending of items for interest. We feel that we need to clarify our policy about this.

Recently MindArk PE AB issued official virtual banking licenses. These licenses comprise a secured bank system for processing loans and securities in the form of items. All transactions made via this official bank system, such as loans, defaults, securities, interest etc., are safe and as such guaranteed by MindArk.

By contrast, loan services offered outside this official bank system cannot be guaranteed by MindArk. If an item is exchanged between avatars, this transaction will be logged as a regular TRADE. And as all trades are final, MindArk will not investigate claims if a loan giving avatar refuses to return items or money.Many people do not fully understand the true value of their virtual items until they are lost. They will then contact MindArk PE AB for assistance and will realize that we cannot help them; this can cause a lot of unnecessary grief and frustration.

We do not wish to discourage entrepreneurship within Entropia Universe, but based on experiences from community feedback and support case history, unfortunately not all entrepreneurs offering loaning services are trustworthy members of the Entropia Universe and therefore we need to be strict in our policies in order to protect the community from scams and cheating.

Therefore, any loan services offered outside the approved bank system will be considered by MindArk as scam attempts and the avatar offering such services risk a permanent lockdown of his/her account.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...H-amp-R-Circle&p=681145&viewfull=1#post681145

'Fund Scams' As noted above, according to Mindark: so ALL 'funds' where one avatar holds stuff that other avatars are claiming they have ownership of should be considered a potential scam in process... Below are links to Funds that have been mentioned in forums, community websites, etc. (some did turn out to be major scams already, some haven't yet... Be cautious since Mindark considers these sort of setups as 'potential scams' and we, as a community should too unless Mindark's stance on this matter and ability to allow us to have multiple folks own one thing in game (outside of the deed system for Akradia Underground Deeds, Calypso Land Deeds, etc.) ever changes someday... (Honestly, I'm not sure why Mods don't delete every 'fund' thread since Mindark won't stand behind funds as they are scam-bait, unless maybe the Mods themselves are behind one or a few of them?)
*fund*
LA Collaboration Fund
Chiee's EU-FUND - Investment Opportunity
My Money Mint add PEDS to your account value every month!!!
Looking for co-investors in the Cyrene stable
JoshEdward’s Smart Trade Terminal Solution (STTS)
R&R Fund
Thread Related to R&R Fund
NDX
Pirate's Investment Fund
Hardwrath's NBK Fund Payback Post
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nvert-L-to-PED&p=867769&viewfull=1#post867769

Entropia Investment Fund
Related Thread(s):Did EIFund scammed people?

------------
I do agree, would be nice if there was more power in the in game banks, and/or if they could do more with them like the stock markety crap icos that are somewhat partly associated with entropia already (deep token by Mindark, Game Tester by Arkadia, Neverdie coins and tp coins, etc. by Neverdie, etc.) The old stock market in game based on pretend investments was all refunded back to the players involved... real stock market crap would be cool, so long as it doesn't all crash out like compet deed value did.

P2P lending is a very sketchy market... In theory with 'smart contracts' deep token or something similar developed in the future could be made to do something along those lines?

Think I read somewhere that Mindark got involved in deep token since CEO is an old hat on ico crap... maybe there's something in the future for that?

Last edited:
Ok this could be a nice feature.

I could pawn my items to another player, but still have this items in my storage/inventory.
So I can sell it or even auction it for at least TT.
That way I would collect the MU for item (free PED) while the TT value collected gets locked to back up the loan.
This could really work.

Lets look at the issues:
Droping items, the pawn items must be undroppable
Gifting items, in P2P trades the pawned items have to be untradeable if offered price/item has less TT value.
Auction, startbid of pawned item has to be at least TT value of the item.
Stackables, if pawned item is a stackable it must be unuseable for crafting
Decaying, if pawned items is consumable(pills) or decayable (weapons/armors/tools) it has to be unuseable to the owner.

A lot of coding to do all this checks, and it would make banks obsolete.

Although I start to like the idea, I don´t think MA will like it.

Ok this could be a nice feature.

I could pawn my items to another player, but still have this items in my storage/inventory.
So I can sell it or even auction it for at least TT.
That way I would collect the MU for item (free PED) while the TT value collected gets locked to back up the loan.
This could really work.

Lets look at the issues:
Gifting items, in P2P trades the pawned items have to be untradeable if offered price/item has less TT value.
Decaying, if pawned items is consumable(pills) or decayable (weapons/armors/tools) it has to be unuseable to the owner.

A lot of coding to do all this checks, and it would make banks obsolete.

Although I start to like the idea, I don´t think MA will like it.

I don't think banks will become obsolete, they can still be used as "auto-buy" or order function just without fee.
Like the pawn shop on RT, last i checked, a few years ago, all loans were set up for 1 day and was basically used by the owner to buy stuff (at least i think so).

As mastermash already pointed out, there's interest in player set up funds, now MA should provide a secure platform.

Lets look at the issues:

A lot of coding to do all this checks

i think this can be done with a lot less coding by adding a pawn box to the inventory.

Like:
When in loan window and setting up the WTL, then a pawn box is created in the inventory.
The pawn box then shows x/y PED , x = ped value currently in box, y = ped value needed to back up the loan.
once x is > or = to y, you're allowed to "ok" for the WTL.
This way only the value of the contents inside the box needs to be mathed out and compared to the value that has to be in the box for backing up the loan.

As it goes for the box-properties:
- items inside the box can't be used for anything, except for being listed into auction or trading, when the trade partner has equal or higher amount in TT-value in his trade window.
The items or PED the boxed item(s) have been traded for are getting placed inside the box.
- weight is normally applied for the contents of the box
- x has always to be > or = to y, so if you want to take something out of the box, then you need to put something else into the box first.
If you try to take something out and x would become smaller than y, then you get the massage: "removing this would drop the item value inside the box below the required value, please add more value to the content of this box before trying to take this out again".

Last edited:
nobody should take a loan to fund hsi gambling addiction. this would be the worst feature that could be added. just take a real life loan and deposit if you need the money so badly. or just play in your budget range.

nobody should take a loan to fund hsi gambling addiction. this would be the worst feature that could be added. just take a real life loan and deposit if you need the money so badly. or just play in your budget range.

sure, go to a bank and ask for a 50-200$ loan, let me know how that played out and the stuff did react :D

got anything constructive to add or are you only here toss some ad hominem around?

sure, go to a bank and ask for a 50-200$ loan, let me know how that played out and the stuff did react :D

got anything constructive to add or are you only here toss some ad hominem around?

maybe you should read up on what an ad hominem attack is. i know you like that and you wanne use it but this was not the correct use case.
and there are special services in my country where you can indeed take up 100 to 500 buck loans for up to 3 months.

maybe you should read up on what an ad hominem attack is.

I did, did you? accusing other people of having gambling addiction is ad hominem.....

also, did you even read the thread? the gambling addicts just can't get loans and blow it all, they have to back those peds up, so there's a meassure to prevent addicts to take big loans or loans over and over again...

I did, did you? accusing other people of having gambling addiction is ad hominem.....

also, did you even read the thread? the gambling addicts just can't get loans and blow it all, they have to back those peds up, so there's a meassure to prevent addicts to take big loans or loans over and over again...

if you would do what you ask others to do and read carefully you could have seen that my statement was a general one aimed towards gambling addicts per se and not directly at you. if you take it by heart maybe you feel like you are a gambling addict though. nevertheless the statement was not aimed at you.

if you would do what you ask others to do and read carefully you could have seen that my statement was a general one aimed towards gambling addicts per se and not directly at you. if you take it by heart maybe you feel like you are a gambling addict though. nevertheless the statement was not aimed at you.

ok.... but nevertheless, there's a mechanism in place that prevents gamblers from taking big loans or loans over and over again....

and there are special services in my country where you can indeed take up 100 to 500 buck loans for up to 3 months.

ok, smallest in my country is 500 bucks and there's condition for getting the loan ofc.
1. problem with RL loan: If one doesn't meet the conditions, one won't get one.
2. problem with RL loan: one may just need to withdraw the peds one got via loan to pay the loan, that risk is especially high if you got pay loans back within 3 months. So one has to pay deposit fee, one has to pay withdrawal fee (at least 10 bucks), one has to pay interested for the loan.
3. problem with RL loan: if you withdraw the peds, they appear in your bank account and so they are income, depending on your income it may get taxed and other stuff.

small RL loan, when you have rather low income, good way to waste money...

Last edited:
ok.... but nevertheless, there's a mechanism in place that prevents gamblers from taking big loans or loans over and over again....

ok, smallest in my country is 500 bucks and there's condition for getting the loan ofc.
1. problem with RL loan: If one doesn't meet the conditions, one won't get one.
2. problem with RL loan: one may just need to withdraw the peds one got via loan to pay the loan, that risk is especially high if you got pay loans back within 3 months. So one has to pay deposit fee, one has to pay withdrawal fee (at least 10 bucks), one has to pay interested for the loan.
3. problem with RL loan: if you withdraw the peds, they appear in your bank account and so they are income, depending on your income it may get taxed and other stuff.

small RL loan, when you have rather low income, good way to waste money...

and all those things are especially true for loans in EU.

1. you make a loan with stuff that you could just sell to make profit with it
2. as runs in EU tend to be a lot more often on the negative side than on the positive one means you wont be able to pay back the loan you took anyway which means you will lose the stuff you pawned which means you lose even more money because now you basically sold it for tt value
3. the loan will have a fee which is lost anyway
4. as you usually tend to lose on a run if you are not incredibly lucky means you gamble that this one run you take the loan for will be a positive run so you can pay back the loan AND get ur items back to sell them for a profit. thats a massive gamble here that you will lose 9 out of 10 times.

you basically just want to add extra costs to your overall costs for no apparent reason which makes it a lot likelier that you will lose in the end.

and all those things are especially true for loans in EU.

1. you make a loan with stuff that you could just sell to make profit with it
2. as runs in EU tend to be a lot more often on the negative side than on the positive one means you wont be able to pay back the loan you took anyway which means you will lose the stuff you pawned which means you lose even more money because now you basically sold it for tt value
3. the loan will have a fee which is lost anyway
4. as you usually tend to lose on a run if you are not incredibly lucky means you gamble that this one run you take the loan for will be a positive run so you can pay back the loan AND get ur items back to sell them for a profit. thats a massive gamble here that you will lose 9 out of 10 times.

you basically just want to add extra costs to your overall costs for no apparent reason which makes it a lot likelier that you will lose in the end.

ffs, read the thread first....
1.) those items are backup and a mechanic is in place that allows to sell while using them to back up the loan...
2.) ofc you need to play carefully and choose a loan-size, that assures that you will be able to pay loan and get your items back...
3.) significantly less, yes.
4.) see 2.)

You add extra fee, to tab into extra profit stuff where you don't have the peds yet/atm to do that stuff...

before you make any more responses, read the thread!

So would the items be based on tt value of the item? Or would each lender put their own valuation on the items? Could they choose to accept only specific items? Or would it be any item?

So would the items be based on tt value of the item? Or would each lender put their own valuation on the items? Could they choose to accept only specific items? Or would it be any item?

Yes. No. No. Yes.

Back