Question: Summer 2018: Anyone got more than 1 point per mob?

Konstantin

Young
https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/summer-mayhem-2018/

"A random number of points (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, or 5000) is automatically awarded after defeating one of the event instance mutants."

I run some 5 hours so far in cat 3. Each time I start skulls I check counter it's about equals my( kill-rate * minutes )+boss*N.
Means I m getting no more than 1 point per mob. (I can miss some 10-50 points since count on the go but 250 and up would stand out )
Just interested if anyone have got any 250-5k extra or something in cat 3 or lower.

Sorry if it was discussed already , could not find yet.

I got a 250 last night in Cat 3. Although most were ZERO points.

seems coincidence in my case, just got support answer

This is intentional, not all kills guarantee points, each kill may earn you a point as you've noticed but not all do.

UPD: So I may have a multi as well as I getting 0 most time.

It does not suit event description , but I really could expect it ....

Last edited:
after 5 hours, I got 2x 250 points.
Just under 1500 points so far. :scratch2:

but many 0 points.

PS, if you hit a 250 or bigger you get a message on screen. So you cant miss those.

If it's intentional to not guarantee points every kill, WHY do the rules say what they say??

Same as last event...not every kill gave you a point....and they worded it the same way.

Edit: apologies as it does say random between 1 and 5k after defeating one mob

Last edited:
after 5 hours, I got 2x 250 points.
Just under 1500 points so far. :scratch2:

but many 0 points.

PS, if you hit a 250 or bigger you get a message on screen. So you cant miss those.

True! You get the big blue message. Ive got 250 points last nigt twice.

i got an 1k in cat 6

edit:

2x 250
1x500
2x1000
1x5000

10h into competition :p

Last edited:
i've got like 6-7 x 250 point and 1 x 500 points from mobs not from bos in cat 3
but still have no clue where to put myself

So i read in the closed thread "possible point exploit" that someone wrote "you get 16 bosses during the 20h period"
Is there any truth to this? i've gotten 2 bosses in 10 hours now.. seems a bit off! cat 1.

So i read in the closed thread "possible point exploit" that someone wrote "you get 16 bosses during the 20h period"
Is there any truth to this? i've gotten 2 bosses in 10 hours now.. seems a bit off! cat 1.

It no longer spawns every 30mins...it is now based on kills...around 160-170 i think.
Resets every time you leave instance though so you need to stay until you get a spawn otherwise you are at a disadvantage. On average i think 1 every 45 mins to an hour is easily obtained.

did you log out in between?

because the boss spawns after a certain amount of kills.
And each time you log out, that counter is reset.

So this event is only for the NON-STOP grinder, and not the occasional grinder that does 40x 30mins. Because then you will get no bosses, so no 250 points, so no chance to win.

did you log out in between?

because the boss spawns after a certain amount of kills.
And each time you log out, that counter is reset.

So this event is only for the NON-STOP grinder, and not the occasional grinder that does 40x 30mins. Because then you will get no bosses, so no 250 points, so no chance to win.

Wow.. that sure would have been nice to know before hand :mad:

Wow.. that sure would have been nice to know before hand :mad:

yes, same here.
I had been wondering the exact same thing why the big smurf didn't come.

IMO a flaw in the event.

To bad I have a life which requires me to log out every now and then.

It no longer spawns every 30mins...it is now based on kills...around 160-170 i think.
Resets every time you leave instance though so you need to stay until you get a spawn otherwise you are at a disadvantage. On average i think 1 every 45 mins to an hour is easily obtained.

I got the boss every 37-38 mins. If you relog after you kill one boss should be fine not loosing time on next respawn.

I got the boss every 37-38 mins. If you relog after you kill one boss should be fine not loosing time on next respawn.

Yep.. tried this last night and it seems correct, got three more bosses this way, too bad I only found out after the first 10 hours.. but hey! I stuck with it for as long as I could.
Now I'm at 99.43% before tipping over to lvl25 blp sniper so i don't dare to kill anything the last 1.5 hours

Yep.. tried this last night and it seems correct, got three more bosses this way, too bad I only found out after the first 10 hours.. but hey! I stuck with it for as long as I could.
Now I'm at 99.43% before tipping over to lvl25 blp sniper so i don't dare to kill anything the last 1.5 hours

hehe. i have same prb with lvl's, gonna need to chip out some more to stay eligible.

thank you for your answers

Sorry, was so busy grinding through event so have forgotten about the phorum.

In my observation big multi start to come after 5 hours.
biggest was 1k points (I could miss some but closest contestant score shows I rather have not).
in summer event after restart Bosses start to come on around 35 minutes each.
Data for Cat 3 A.

It was summer event.
On merry 2018-1019 boss spawn in Cat4 A about same time 35-40 mins.
Multipliers of 500 points started to come earlier.

You can get a Boss mob to spawn every 30 minutes as long as you reach the kill count requirement before 30 minutes..

Lets say the KC required is 100 (hypothetical numbers for easy math guys). If it takes you 39 minutes to get 100 kills then the boss will spawn at 39 and the counter starts all over again. Note:Time wasted killing boss is time wasted getting kc before the next boss spawns.

If you can kill 100 mobs in 20 minutes the boss wont spawn until the 30 minute mark. or 30 minutes from the death of the last boss mob.

So when you start, if you get the 100 kills required at 20 minutes, the boss then spawns at 30 minutes. If it then takes you 3 minutes to kill the next boss, the next boss wont spawn until 01:03 into the event if you get the required kill count before that 30 minute minimum wait time is possible.

Another thing to note. The event is 5 hours, so even if you spawned the boss every 30 minutes on time (aside from time to kill each boss, you should then quit the event before the last 30 minute increment because you will be kicked from the instance before the boss spawns and you can kill him.

So after you kill the 9th boss, leave the instance so that you don't lose the opportunity to get those 250 points.

Same thing applies, if you are averaging 45 minutes or an hour per spawn (for newer players or just fooling around in a higher cat) make sure you have plenty of time left for you to spawn and kill the last boss before the timer hits 0.

I was once in the middle of a boss fight and my counter hit 0 and kicked me out mid-fight. So not only did i not get the points. I also didnt get the loot from the mob that I had down to 40% hp.

This is the way I understand it, I could be wrong so if anyone knows of it working differently please speak up.

Good luck
Xanato.

Back