How big is Calypso?

Kshahdoo

Young
I've heard it was around 3000 square kilometres back in 2015. Has it become even bigger since then?

Each server square is 8192*8192m ~= 67.1 square kilometers.

Eudoria has 12 server squares, archipelago (incl. Atlantis archipelago) - 5, Amethera (including Treasure Island) - 14.

That'd give us roughly 2080 square kilometers.

Calypso Gateway (aka Thule), Crystal Palace, FOMA and Monria are one server square each, not included in the above figure.

Not sure where that 3000 comes from, it could be referring to the whole universe.

Server squares are easy to count in LBML maps.

I've heard it was around 3000 square kilometres back in 2015. Has it become even bigger since then?

Calypso appears to be made up of 31 servers, each 8k x 8k in size. That would make it a little under 2100 square kilometers. The size has remained unchanged since 2015.

Each server square is 8192*8192m ~= 67.1 square kilometers.

Eudoria has 12 server squares, archipelago (incl. Atlantis archipelago) - 5, Amethera (including Treasure Island) - 14.

That'd give us roughly 2080 square kilometers.

Calypso Gateway (aka Thule), Crystal Palace, FOMA and Monria are one server square each, not included in the above figure.

Not sure where that 3000 comes from, it could be referring to the whole universe.

Server squares are easy to count in LBML maps.

From here http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/calypso/

Calypso coordinates go from 16384,24607 to 90112,98303.
That gives us 73.7 * 73.7 km or 5433 square km.

Except that the land area is not square and most of that is inaccessible ocean.

I go with Svarog point of view :) 73.7 * 73.7 km or 5433 square km
You can go through water everywhere i think! I walked and hover (on water) all over the map, East to West and North to South on Caly and also made the same on Arkadia, Rocktropia and Next Island.
On all planets there are no "fake" places on map . You have access everywhere. Some are deadly ofc.
..maybe you refer at Eudoria - Amethera borders but I count that as bug xD.

Many places on Earth weren't accessible for humans 100 years ago, that doesn't mean the planet size was smaller :)

Many places on Earth weren't accessible for humans 100 years ago, that doesn't mean the planet size was smaller :)

I never said the planet was smaller, but in playable area it has less than 2100 km². Tell you what, when you can send me a screenshot from 16384, 98303 and 90112, 24607 then I may believe your numbers.

Of course, the earth has a diameter of 12,742km and an area of 510.1 million km². Calypso has a diameter of 8836 km which would mean it actually has an area in excess of 245 million km².

Last edited:

But don't forget there are empty spaces between uper and down of map, you can not travel in straight line, for example from right down side of up'er map to right down side of lower side of map.

But don't forget there are empty spaces between uper and down of map, you can not travel in straight line, for example from right down side of up'er map to right down side of lower side of map.

yup - got a politician north, south, west and east of here

Calypso is so big that even after 10 years people still hunt entry mobs such as puny/kerbs.
Legend say that it will take you about 200 years to find all the remaining mobs ingame so you can potentially start hunting them.

I never said the planet was smaller, but in playable area it has less than 2100 km². Tell you what, when you can send me a screenshot from 16384, 98303 and 90112, 24607 then I may believe your numbers.

Of course, the earth has a diameter of 12,742km and an area of 510.1 million km². Calypso has a diameter of 8836 km which would mean it actually has an area in excess of 245 million km².

You know you're arguing about something that is entirely meaningless, right?

Sounded more like a challenge being made Oleg and if somebody could post screenshots of the areas at those coordinates - well that would be the end of any argument.

And this is an internet game - it could be argued that everything is meaningless here.

Since OP question it's answered with one way or another... can we agree in something?
Caly is big enough for us to luv it :laugh:

Your post was not a question at all.
It brought a witty response from Suza though.

I hope you did not feel too big a fool, because I am sure that was not Suza's intention.

A question about why you are being so pointlessly aggressive.

There was no aggression, merely being didactic. Any aggression seems to have been on your end.

That feeling when you just got done mining, and you need to head back to a tp, so you auto-fly back a 2 minute trip and get a good stretch in :)

Calypso is so big that even after 10 years people still hunt entry mobs such as puny/kerbs.
Legend say that it will take you about 200 years to find all the remaining mobs ingame so you can potentially start hunting them.

Not everyone have the money for big things, and some of the puny hunters make good profit... where is the problem? :) Also there are ppl, have no interest in risking money on uber creatures.

To be not off topic, for a miner caly is not realy big, but big enough.

More importand, that we all have our fun. :smoke:

Not everyone have the money for big things, and some of the puny hunters make good profit... where is the problem? :) Also there are ppl, have no interest in risking money on uber creatures.

To be not off topic, for a miner caly is not realy big, but big enough.

More importand, that we all have our fun. :smoke:
I've long enjoyed penny poker myself. Las Vegas, not so much (well that's not true, I've enjoyed Las Vegas no end every holiday season for over a decade now, but I don't gamble there :) )
Come right down to it, there is no One True Way to play this game, and to claim there is, is to miss out on most of the game. It's important to learn for yourself what specific things about this game are fun for you, and to focus your time and deposits on them. The real challenge is, this game is more flexible than most. More work goes into defining your favorite niche and less into powering it.

Back