Suggestion: Shorter Mayhem grind or longer Mayhem event.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Hello,

With the current Mayhem format we've got only 9 days to knock out 20 hours. For a lot of us this is a very difficult requirement, not to mention those who took time off work for the pre-announced dates and then had those dates changed. I have two proposals to fix this.

#1. Reduce the Mayhem grind to 15 hours.

#2. (More likely) increase the Mayhem event from 9 days to 15 days.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Last edited:
#2.

too short

#2. (More likely) increase the Mayhem event from 9 days to 15 days.

This, it is nearly impossible for people with work and family to manage 20 hours gameplay in only 9 days, especially when only one weekend is included :eyecrazy:

This, it is nearly impossible for people with work and family to manage 20 hours gameplay in only 9 days, especially when only one weekend is included :eyecrazy:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to XarcX again"

I literally got sick because I was running several days in a row on very little sleep and I work in a job where I'm exposed to sick people all the time. Sleep deprivation doesn't do your immune system any favors. And then they reset the instance on me twice... I'm a little salty.

whats the end date now btw? i kinda lost track after all this stopping / pausing / resetting bullshit

I was thinking about this myself yesterday. Only 9 days for 20 hours of Mayhem is very difficult, considering we only had 1 weekend on those 9 days.

So you have to play 2.22 h / day so you can finish this event. Is that much? I guess not.

Yes ..2 weeks duration would be nice.....ALSO would like the old scheme back -->killpoints for every kill..not lucky points given...so you can also see the killing effort ...in old days..1 mob= 1point ...etc

maybe also every 50.kill another 10 points or such..

So you have to play 2.22 h / day so you can finish this event. Is that much? I guess not.

Yes, it is.

Yes ..2 weeks duration would be nice.....ALSO would like the old scheme back -->killpoints for every kill..not lucky points given...so you can also see the killing effort ...in old days..1 mob= 1point ...etc

maybe also every 50.kill another 10 points or such..

If you remove the luck factor then the players with the best weapons and more pills would win always. The event would be decided even before it started, there wouldn't be any incentive to participate for eveyone except the people with access to that top weapon that they can share between them. Terrible idea.

Last edited:
Yes, it is.

If you remove the luck factor then the players with the best weapons and more pills would win always. The event would be decided even before it started, there wouldn't be any incentive to participate for eveyone except the people with access to that top weapon that they can share between them. Terrible idea.

well in 1 way you are right..but many ppl have different opinions.....its a GRIND event to where the best/highest points get the prize...so the best gear and buffs should also have a better chance to win...

on the other hand i wouldnt be happy ...when a grinder with full buffed gear etc gets like 4k points... and a fun player with no stress,unbuffed etc ..get a 5k one.....where is there the effort to get better gear,pills,etc and go all in then???

well in 1 way you are right..but many ppl have different opinions.....its a GRIND event to where the best/highest points get the prize...so the best gear and buffs should also have a better chance to win...

on the other hand i wouldnt be happy ...when a grinder with full buffed gear etc gets like 4k points... and a fun player with no stress,unbuffed etc ..get a 5k one.....where is there the effort to get better gear,pills,etc and go all in then???

because better gear gives you higher dps and dpp which lets you kill more mobs faster for less money which means more looting events per hour which means a higher chance to win... this has been mentioned a trillion times before.

Can't make everyone happy.

Can easily make everyone unhappy though.

Do you remember when it was 40?
They already cut in half due to our whining.

keep the time requirement, but up it to a month long.... or perhaps even 3 months... it is a 'summer' event after all... maybe even do 3 rounds, one for each month of summer next year. First round you 'win keys' that will unlock second months round, and that wins you a key for third month's round.

It will be very unlikely that a badly equiped player, even getting 1x 5000 points, wins the event. Having top gear and pills gives you enough advantage to win 99% of the times. If you remove the luck factor you ruin the event. The people with top gear will always win and keep getting stronger, no one would be able to contest them.

Whats the points in getting the best weapon and pills if one player steps in and get 2x5k or 3x5k and then just watches the mountains? Is that fair? Ive got 15k points with 2x250 only, some other got 18k with 2x1k and 1x5k. Opinion?

And also if you always need to hope to get that big pointer is wrong. A competition means something else not hopeing, it means effectiveness, exercise, precision and skill. They made it with some eligibility requirements so all stand a chance to win but the ramdomness of the big points is not working. Ofc the ones who get them are happy but the rest are not.

And also if you always need to hope to get that big pointer is wrong. A competition means something else not hopeing, it means effectiveness, exercise, precision and skill. They made it with some eligibility requirements so all stand a chance to win but the ramdomness of the big points is not working. Ofc the ones who get them are happy but the rest are not.

you must be playing something different then. 99% of EU is about luck.

Without the luck factor, most players do not have a chance, so you'd see a lot less participation. The way it is, higher dps has the advantage (more kills = more chances to loot larger numbers), but the lower dps players still have a chance, so you get an event everyone feels like they can compete in...

As for the time frame, realize that players that are able to squeeze their hours in as late as possible in the event generally have an advantage, as they are generally better geared and higher skilled. So if you make the time frame too long, you start getting into situations where the players that did their runs early in the event are at a disadvantage to those that start later. Plus, with the ability to mulligan, grinders can extend their run times until they decide to mulligan to try and hit those extra points.

Just my two cents.

The event would have been fine time wise if the original dates worked out. But once it got reset we lost a couple days and it only covered one weekend, not 2 as originally announced. Also when the event was messed up the 2nd time we lost a day since they didn’t extend the end date I don’t think.

Whats the points in getting the best weapon and pills if one player steps in and get 2x5k or 3x5k and then just watches the mountains? Is that fair? Ive got 15k points with 2x250 only, some other got 18k with 2x1k and 1x5k. Opinion?

You were unlucky, just accept that fact and move on. This game was always about luck. I am also Cat2 and probably wont get top 3 but you wont see me crying over that.

"...exercise, precision and skill." What game are you playing? This game is about money, nothing more. You have more PEDs, you buy/rent better weapon, you kill more mobs. There's no skill involved. Money wins.

I guess I'll reserve my "used to walk to school 10 miles in the snow" comment. :rolleyes:

Because "fair" means everyone gets a chance - and the more effort, preparation and hard work you put in the higher you chance of winning is. As long as you have the best gear and setup, you WILL win 99% of the time against others. Just because you didn't get lucky this time around doesn't mean the event setup is flawed, it just means you didn't get lucky

I guess I'll reserve my "used to walk to school 10 miles in the snow" comment. :rolleyes:

Believe me I remember those days well. I recall the first Mayhem. I also remember how one-sided it was and how few people actually gave it an honest effort.

Back