Question: Minumum required efficiency?

Vagrant

Old Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Vagrant Arangar Melanwil
Two questions:

- In your fact based experience..what efficiency/turnover combo grants you 95% plus return?
- Are you regularly using a sub 66 (Based on: ArMatrix i guess is the norm with a none L amp now) efficiency setup? What is your general experience with returns on that? (not counting big hits)

Lets hope my questions are allowed here :)

Made the mistake again :) So efficiency is key for loot quantity. But i have got nice returns with 60% eff and worser returns with 70% eff, but think the sample size need to be very big to draw conclusions. I like to believe it will even out sometime.

Last edited:
The loot quantity is based on damage per pec, i do believe MA said it can make a difference between 0-7%. For all the old weapons DPP is tied on the eco, but it's about finding the balance. Very good DPP but much overkill can result in less average loot.

Efficiency has impact on quality of loot, higher eff will yield more rare drops.

Don't stare to blind on just efficiency, it's about the combination to kill an mob efficient, so that can mean different weapons/dps for different mobs.

Reverse those...efficiency affects loot quantity (0-7%). Dpp affects loot quality (item drops)

Reverse those...efficiency affects loot quantity (0-7%). Dpp affects loot quality (item drops)

Damn, not the first time i made that mistake. You are right!

I'm floating around 95.5% after killing around 240k punies with unamped TT rifle (57%eff).

I also checked my returns around every 10k and in most cases I was at 93%. But some runs with global would put me back to 95%+ long term.

My conclusion is that those claims that you need to kill 1k mobs for returns to average are most likely false. It's most likely more than 100k kills.

Two questions:

- In your fact based experience..what efficiency/turnover combo grants you 95% plus return?
- Are you regularly using a sub 66 (Based on: ArMatrix i guess is the norm with a none L amp now) efficiency setup? What is your general experience with returns on that? (not counting big hits)

Lets hope my questions are allowed here :)

Most of my recorded runs are pre-looter skill runs and I was running over 97% after 4 months or so, and that was using things with as low as 46.5% eff up to 65% with the majority in thr 54-56 range.

thanks for sharing :)

If there any mid-level player (around 80) that want to share their success story also?

Yea the sample size is always a thing (be scientific and all that)... yea MA hinted that high turnover helps, but they also said things are calculated per mob and stuff.

My experience over the past year or so is basically that my runs most of the time end somewhere between 80-95 and on very rare occasions above 100 ..and when I do end up above 100 it is nowhere near covering my loss..

Last edited:

Are we then now in an "EFF race" where only those with the best EFF-rated weapons will have a chance to get the 95+%? Is this the bottom line?

I'm getting over 96% tt return with over 170k cycled in the Mulmun instances with roughly only 65% efficiency.

I'm getting over 96% tt return with over 170k cycled in the Mulmun instances with roughly only 65% efficiency.

Very similar results with 63.5% eff

Are we then now in an "EFF race" where only those with the best EFF-rated weapons will have a chance to get the 95+%? Is this the bottom line?

No, as looter skill may play into it now as well, but there has not been enough testing on this.
however if you have a low eff rated weapon, dont expect the better result than someone who has high eff weapon

Nice, sounds like some nice turnover and top % capabilities there!
For all your efforts you have only lost 6800 then..

Nice, sounds like some nice turnover and top % capabilities there!
For all your efforts you have only lost 6800 then..

Let’s assume Xen is turning over roughly 1500 ped an hour, that means roughly 113 hours of shooting, to lose $680. This comes out to around $5.5 per hour to play the game, while achieving the better end of the return spectrum. I’d say this is probably not something to be exactly happy about. Especially considering that if Xen is turning over more ped per hour than the cost to play per hour goes up.

Let’s assume Xen is turning over roughly 1500 ped an hour, that means roughly 113 hours of shooting, to lose $680. This comes out to around $5.5 per hour to play the game, while achieving the better end of the return spectrum. I’d say this is probably not something to be exactly happy about. Especially considering that if Xen is turning over more ped per hour than the cost to play per hour goes up.

Then lets account for gaining 6% average MU :)

My guess would be mayhem tokens + boxes cover all TT loss and push him on profit side. The reason he grinded them so much.

MA's goal is 98% return max. Assuming they have calculated it with impossible 100 effiency, it is rather easy maths for "granted" 95% reurn. 1% tt return equals ~14.3 effiency (based on 0-7% eff. impact).

Let's take 0 eff for absolute minimum (91% tt return) then 95% would be (95-91)x14.3 = 57,2 effiency

Ofc you should have enough bankroll to survive bigger losses unitil finally get something nice and hunt mobs according to your looter skills. Leaving out looter skills as it isn't debunked completely and we all hunt -20 lvl mobs compared to looter skill :laugh:, i'd say final formula for tt return would be: tt return % = 91+(effiency/14.3)

Leaving out looter skills as it isn't debunked completely and we all hunt -20 lvl mobs compared to looter skill :laugh:, i'd say final formula for tt return would be: tt return % = 91+(effiency/14.3)

What level mob should you be hunting for better returns, based upon loot skill? i.e. if my animal looter is at level 10, but my robot looter is at level 4..?

Ive wondered this about the looter skill

Is there any research?

Back