FYI: LA51 and LA25 deal with dombath broken, Smilgs has LA25 again

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Dear Entropia community,

Some of you will be surprised to find me yet again fully owning and selling LA25 which was recently run and listed for sale by dombath together with LA51.
This is because [subj] happened and I want upfront set the record straight on what happened as otherwise it is open for speculations, half-truths and lies.
And to raise awareness on how much each of the involved parties can be trusted to stick to their deals and words.
Any of what was said below can be confirmed by transcripts and/or third parties involved.

Please don't use this thread for discussion on the price of the LAs,
I paid more than the sale that was agreed on when originally acquiring them thus the original asking 600k.

short version
  • long negotiation during which all LA related income and expenses data was provided on very detailed level, day by day
  • dombath twice lowering the already agreed trade price from 600k to 550k and then shortly before sale to 500k
  • dombath initially proposed term 18 months which I extended to 24 to make it more likely for him to gather the funds
  • mutual agreement to trade 2 LAs for 500k in 24 months from deal date 2017 1st February, 350k for LA51 upfront and final 150k for LA25
  • supposed misunderstanding as of which I assumed the deal was off and sold LA25 for 150k (2017-07-27)
  • on promise from dombath to pay up half of the difference and follow through with the deal, I bought LA25 back for 170k (2017-08-30)
  • I did not run anything on LA25 for the whole deal duration and after he asked let dombath fully run the LA25 after the mishap above - looking back suppose this was just a way to test LA25 and if needed back out of the deal
  • later on request of dombath we agreed to set the price at 150k if trade by 1st of July 2018 (closer to the initially negotiated 18 months)
  • then, ~1 month before the deadline, dombath announced that the deal is off and he won't be buying the LA25
  • since then we had failed to agree on any reasonable compensation and dombath even started to claim that I manipulated data provided before the initial trade - which is not true at all, can and will post the data here if the need arises

full story
End of 2016, we agreed dombath would buy my LA51 and LA25 - monopoly of 3x osseo DNA
The negotiations with dombath were tough, communications quite often vague, had to squeeze to give concrete terms written out
(e.g. multiple times asked for a concrete payment plan and eventually had to create a proposal myself).
And price was changed twice after agreeing to buyout @ 600k, to 550k and then 500k shortly before trade.
After all of this, I was left with a feeling the deal is shaky and the chances that in 24months things would get finalized not very certain,
but agreed to trust dombath and do it. That’s the pretext to understand the conditions, quote to make it clear I indicated my confidence level
is very low after the 2 price drops.
01-14-2017, 14:46 girtsn
Re: Lands
in the thread i am selling a monopoly of dna since dna parts are not dropping, taxfree osses have been around
since ages ive been hunting them myself in 2012 and 2013
but hell ok, we can agree on 500k to make it round, 350k for la51 on 1st of February and then commitment to trade la25 asap
but definitely within 24 months @ 150k, no more changing mind please?
this is ofcourse a bit of a virtual discussion and not raising my confidence that you will buy the la25 eventually

during the negotiation process I sent a complete overview of all LA globals while in my ownership where my own globals were clearly seen
as well as income of each day where event payouts, fertilizer costs, big industries paid vs. recieved were all included,
no LA related payments outside of these data

With the statistics file I also sent along the following note which clearly indicated my own contribution as well as LA25 used mainly for my hunting
date: Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 8:41 PM
subject: Re: LANDS
You will see that Smilgs used the LA a lot for own hunting, ~ 27.5% of total globals.
Then again I have done literally nothing to promote the LA ingame except bumping it on forum,
no ingame events since june 2014 when becoming PLA of big industries.
Also kept LA25 exclusively for my own hunting while it could be excellent for team big osse hof/most loot events.

We made the initial trade of LA51 for 350k peds @ 1st of February 2017.
Then, couple of months later I received this PM
from: PlanetCalypsoForum.com <admin@planetcalypsoforum.com>
date: Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:30 PM
You have received a new private message at PlanetCalypsoForum.com from dombath, entitled "Re: Lands".
Hia, i am sorry but i have decided to sell on the la 51 for someone else to enjoy.
Would you like me to try to sell #25 along side?

Also around the same time I noticed this reply on May 24th 2017 in thread which was created on May 18th 2017, to sell
Atrox lands (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?294152-Selling-Atrox-Lands-la40-and-la02).
It seemed very clear that the new thread was created to sell one osseo LA (51), also from the thread URL, LA25 was not part of it at the creation time.

The form of "sorry but", “sell on the la51” without LA 25 and "sell #25 along side" (not a native English speaker, along side written in 2 words sounded
like "next to" more than "in the same package" to me - besides what is the point of asking if the 2 should be sold together or not if the deal was in effect?)
convinced that the deal is off I replied too bad that it happened, and if anyone would want LA25 via dombath’es thread I would be ok to sell it for 150k.
Since then I was fully convinced the deal was off, the trades would happen independently or together and had not checked the sale thread nor had
I received any updates on it.

07-25-2017, 16:55 I created this sellout thread that at time included LA25 for BO of 150k
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?299193-bulk-skills-uberish-items

Very quickly, the BO was met and the land was sold (2017-07-27)
Then next day after the sale (very unfortunate timing indeed):
07-28-2017, 22:09 dombath
Re: Lands
Hi, today i recieved word that la25 has had an offer.
could I ask if it is [name removed] thats offered?
Not a massive problem its sold but i can foresee his plans
He will turn all to young and steal as much of la51 as possible.
This will be a problem for me. Is there anything you can think or tell me that may help?
Strangely here it is "not a massive problem if it is sold". Also this is not mentioning the deal being on.

In any case, since then dombath started to insist the deal was never off and that I broke the deal and did not honor my word.
After a lot of discussions and me feeling bad for the position dombath was in and being concerned for my reputation if this went public
(although still convinced the fault was at both sides for misleading/missing communication)
I managed to convince the buyer (2017-08-17) to buy back the land @ 170k with dombath agreeing to split the difference of 20k with me
as the miscommunication was mutual - on condition that dombath was confident to come throgh on the final payment which he also confirmed.
Had to borrow IRL money for this and deposit as the peds were already spent ingame. Buy back happend @ 2017-08-30.

After this, dombath contacted me @ 11-23-2017 to ask for some favours - to be able to manage LA25 and get the income from it to be able
to speed up the repay process + he complained on how bad it has beeing going etc. and asked if we could stick with the 150k price for LA25.
I agreed, on condition that the 150k would be paid closer by originally proposed deal finalization (18 months) if not 160k by 1st of February 2019

Then lately, as the 18 months were approaching, I asked for a confirmation on the deal going through where in a much more detail
but basically dombath replied that
  • he is sorry but the deal is off and I can keep the LA25 or sell it
  • complaining that the price was not correct so start with and that I hid information on the trade - surely not the case
  • he does not agree to any compensation paid to me as of above except returning LA51 for
  • the original price minus 20k and taking over his remaining credit he still owes for LA51

Sorry for the lots of text and details, but I felt this had to get out - reputation and sticking to your word means a lot in any kind of business.

Thank you.

Getting dizzy from reading all of that, cash up front is allways the best way to go.....if buyer cant afford it today then why should he pay you with your own money??

Getting dizzy from reading all of that, cash up front is allways the best way to go.....if buyer cant afford it today then why should he pay you with your own money??
Agreed I would have preferred to receive 500k upfront but it was not possible. I think sticking with your agreements is important however.
In the end this is my error on choosing trade partners.

Last edited:
sounds like you got hosed to me. I agree with linzey though, shouldn't have made the trade if they couldn't afford what you were looking for. stick to your guns.

I will say though dombath is a very hard person to get a hold of. i have asked for times he could be online to get paid peds for his events, but he can never provide a time.

p.s.a for any land owners. if your running any type of event where you pay for globals on your LA, i don't think it would be to hard to schedule a time even if its once per month that you will be online for 1hr so ppl can collect there peds. (EX. on the third of every month i will be online from MA time 2-3) even something that could change monthly, that you could put into your posts. there seems to be no shortage of bumping events, but paying them is tough.

p.s. little high five for captain jack as i did participate in some of his LA events, and he was very easy to contact and receive payments from with zero issues.

Bud girts, I really worry about some of the deals you make in this game. I really hope you find someone to buy these lands and you find happiness in the game - and be careful of what you do. Everyone wants the Whimpy way of dealing in this game.. gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. No deal is set until the money is in hand. You can't do anything any other way.

Just remember people there are 2 sides to a coin.

Girts you speak of trust and honour but you have none.

Not when a 500k deal is on the plate anyway.
La25 fell through because of your dishonesty not mine
I already have a loan in place ready for LA25, there is very good reason that I refuse to take it and go ahead.

Why dont you tell everyone how bad LA25 really is?, or how you pumped up the la before selling to me ?
You said that 27% of the income on la25 and 51 was your doing
Not 99% la25 and 1 % on LA51
You gave me data for a few years and said recently ive kept it for myself and set tax to 10%

Or how your spreadsheet show big industry payments which should be 4 peds per global so nearly 10k down a month can be 6k positive? All added to the bottom line profit then handed to me with a smile on his face and no mention.

For those who dont know, girts won The BIG accumulator almost every month by the looks off it and offset the pla cost with that
Thats a huge missed expenses. One you would think he knew about yet somehow missed and forgot to
Mention.

Or how you sold LA25 before speaking to me then tried to charge me 20k for your mistake.
I would never have sold 51 without first asking if that was ok, NEVER.
I did not get one pm from you and had to find out through someone else ,,,utter bullsh!7

I have offered you la51 back with 20k goodwill from me to settle this but you dont want it,

Make sure you trade with girts with your eyes glued open. Check check and check again Don't miss a thing,

sounds like you got hosed to me. I agree with linzey though, shouldn't have made the trade if they couldn't afford what you were looking for. stick to your guns.

I will say though dombath is a very hard person to get a hold of. i have asked for times he could be online to get paid peds for his events, but he can never provide a time.

p.s.a for any land owners. if your running any type of event where you pay for globals on your LA, i don't think it would be to hard to schedule a time even if its once per month that you will be online for 1hr so ppl can collect there peds. (EX. on the third of every month i will be online from MA time 2-3) even something that could change monthly, that you could put into your posts. there seems to be no shortage of bumping events, but paying them is tough.

p.s. little high five for captain jack as i did participate in some of his LA events, and he was very easy to contact and receive payments from with zero issues.

This is a little unfair, i have paid out thousands of peds to people, you just have to send me a PM. It can be a pain with time zones il agree

I am self employed and often away around the country so im affraid sometimes it will be a few days before i can meet you. Also no i cannot say that on the 3rd every month i can login at said time, my schedules dont work like that, they change daily.
Best way is just pm me il do my best to get to you asap

Just remember people there are 2 sides to a coin.
also remember, your actions speak louder than your words
Girts you speak of trust and honour but you have none.
very cynical to say that after breaking an agreement and after I bought LA25 back after you bashed me for weeks about breaking the same agreement which was mostly based on your miscommunication (though was it really?)
Not when a 500k deal is on the plate anyway.
La25 fell through because of your dishonesty not mine
I already have a loan in place ready for LA25, there is very good reason that I refuse to take it and go ahead.
Why dont you tell everyone how bad LA25 really is?, or how you pumped up the la before selling to me ?
You said that 27% of the income on la25 and 51 was your doing
Not 99% la25 and 1 % on LA51
You gave me data for a few years and said recently ive kept it for myself and set tax to 10%
Or how your spreadsheet show big industry payments which should be 4 peds per global so nearly 10k down a month can be 6k positive? All added to the bottom line profit then handed to me with a smile on his face and no mention.
I gave you ALL the income and expenses data (the few years you mentioned happen to be ALL the years I had the LAs) and all tracked globals on both LAs day by day - this is a level of detail LA buyers rarely get, the BIG industries payments and point claims were very clearly mentioned as seen below, can share the full Excel file I sent if you prefer that.
As for the 99% la25 and 1% on LA51, this is clearly seen by the globals which were fully provided.
10% was set only for 1 month as an experiment WAY after our sale as also seen in my hunting log history
There was no pumping, I was hunting on my LAs and did not change my hunting amounts before the sale.
big-ind_615613.jpg

For those who dont know, girts won The BIG accumulator almost every month by the looks off it and offset the pla cost with that
Thats a huge missed expenses. One you would think he knew about yet somehow missed and forgot to
Mention.
  • almost every month is a far fetch - out of the 35 months in question, there were 6 not part of big industries, 19 months without any payback and 10 with payback claims - so you had plenty of data to evaluate
  • this was included in the Excel file that I sent and clearly annotated as such same as loyalty points gathered
  • you are forgetting to mention that I paid big industries 4 peds of every global I had on my own LAs - you are not doing that are you?

Or how you sold LA25 before speaking to me then tried to charge me 20k for your mistake.
I would never have sold 51 without first asking if that was ok, NEVER.
I did not get one pm from you and had to find out through someone else ,,,utter bullsh!7
I have offered you la51 back with 20k goodwill from me to settle this but you dont want it,
don't leave out how you initiated it by your misleading message quoted in the OP and reassured me that the deal is on and that you will honor your part of the deal to get me to buy it back for you
Make sure you trade with girts with your eyes glued open. Check check and check again Don't miss a thing,
Yea like check the fully disclosed data that you get from him and don't be a dumbass

07-29-2017, 13:23 dombath Re: Lands
How could you do that to me? We had an agreement. If lands had not sold as a bundle on the forum i was going to buy 25 myself. You knew this thats why i wrote you email to ask first.
You gave me 18 months from 51 sale date to pay down loan and gather funds for 25

07-29-2017, 17:07 dombath Re: Lands
I was quite prepared to buy if it wasnt sold before time said.

07-30-2017, 10:06 dombath
We had 18 months to find the peds and if a sale was not seen in that time we would buy 25 as per agreement. The whole point off that was that YOU would not split the lands those were your terms.
There is no honour and I feel like an idiot.

07-31-2017, 19:10 dombath Re: Lands
[name removed] has suggested i take this all public and see what the community has to say

08-01-2017, 08:00 dombath Re: Lands
After raising 850k for 02,40 and 51 why would you doubt me to find 150 when time came.

08-17-2017, 17:58 girtsn Re: la 25
would you be willing to split the 20k in half, meaning make the final purchase price in the initially agreed 24 months from 1st of february 2017 (1st of february 2019) for 160k? as said, i really don't feel like the misunderstanding was fully my fault.
think this is the best solution by far if you want to keep monopoly. do let me know asap as i need to deposit a lot unforeseen.

08-17-2017, 18:47 dombath Re: la 25
Hi wow he has changed his mind quick. Yes sure i can do the 160k to keep the monopoly

04-26-2018, 10:31 girtsn Re: LA 25 buyback
Hello dombath, could you please confirm the deal of paying up for LA25 is still in effect? I definitely don't want to wait for 2019 not using the LA in any way to find out that it is off, if there is an issue please let me know.

Also if all is good we had a discussion to lower the final payment from 160k to 150k if you could stick to your initially proposed schedule of 18 months which is 1st of July instead of the longest possible 1st of February 2019.

04-26-2018, 10:41 donbath Re: LA 25 buyback
Hia yes definatly still in place.

04-26-2018, 11:05 girtsn Re: LA 25 buyback
You wanted to decrease from 160k to 150k, I agreed for that in case the deal can be finalized by 1st of July.

04-26-2018, 12:04 dombath Re: LA 25 buyback
Yep all sounds good to me for 1st july

isnt this a discussion you should do in private? :scratch2:

I think Girts just wants to make things straight should his name be vilified by "Buyer" due to "Buyer" trying to sell off his LA's before he has even made full purchase/rights, you know?

I think Girts just wants to make things straight should his name be vilified by "Buyer" due to "Buyer" trying to sell off his LA's before he has even made full purchase/rights, you know?

I though it was against forum rules.

Wise words. Making accusations in public won't normally de-escalate a conflict.... the only good think coming out of it would be if everyone learned something from the process, so perhaps the pcf community should make a sticky : *trade guidelines in a virtual world* on the forum (or do they exist already?) to mitigate these kind of cases in the future. My 2 cents...

I tried to sort this out in private pm and did tell girts that this thread, which he threatened over and over again in pm would not end with a different decision from me.

I have offered back LA51 with 20k peds compensation which i think is more than fair.

That offer still stands

There was clearly confusion and a fair bit of miss understanding all along the way
I am not an angel free from blame but nor is he.
The deal went south for numerous reasons, please dont be too quick to lay blame and hate. sometimes these things happen in any walk off life and any type of deal.

I am sorry it happened but the only way i see to rectify this is girts to takes the most prized LA51 back, im ok with that there is no scam going on.

Imho what is against the rules is disputes - but I don't have any at this point, just want to set the record straight on what happened as there were a lot of baseless accusations which I don't want to be seen as true statements.
I though it was against forum rules.

Imho what is against the rules is disputes - but I don't have any at this point, just want to set the record straight on what happened as there were a lot of baseless accusations which I don't want to be seen as true statements.

owww, ok, I guess I misinterpreted your OP then.
It felt a bit like you had a dispute, but maybe that's just your way of describing friends :rolleyes:

Anyway some personal comunication was revealed. I remeber bans and thread locks on this forum in the past for that.

Wow,

You both still hold both LAs, you have had a deal both agreed to.

Simple solution, finish the original deal, you both agreed to, and lay that damn thing down.

All happy!

Some things went wrong in you comunication, shit happens.
Get over it and make the final deal as originally agreed on and nobody has to complain.

Why you make it much more complicated than it is?

Back