Gold Card Announcement

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The time has come for the venerable Gold Card Security system to be phased out.

As mentioned in the 2016 State of the Universe Address, MindArk has been planning for some time to eventually phase out the Gold Card Security system.

Support for the Gold Card Security system will officially end on September 30, 2018.

MindArk considers account security one of its highest priorities. As such, we are announcing this change well in advance so that Entropia Universe participants have ample time to migrate over to the Entropia Pocket solution before the September 30th deadline.

About Entropia Pocket
If you have not yet upgraded to Entropia Pocket, now is a good time to do so. Entropia Pocket is available for free for both iOS and Android devices and offers secure Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) system for your Entropia Universe account.

Entropia Pocket will generate a unique code every 30 seconds that can be used to securely log into one's Entropia Universe account, providing optimal security and peace of mind.

Security systems similar to Entropia Pocket are used by numerous online banks around the world. We believe that your Entropia Universe account deserves the same state-of-the-art security as your real-world bank so we offer Entropia Pocket to all participants, free of charge!

Entropia Pocket is an invaluable companion for every EU adventurer, providing real-time information about system updates, in-game events and news. We also recommend that you accept notifications as we will utilize this system to notify you of important announcements such as Developer Notes and Support information.

Read more about Entropia Pocket on the Account Security Pages.

Originally Posted Here

I do like the Entropia Pocket security system, however

PLEASE MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR MORE OPERATING SYSTEMS

Since I have to keep my smartphone outside of the house because one of my daughters gets headaches every time I bring the device inside, I would appreciate it if we can use the app on Windows or Linux systems !!

Also possible would be using regular FFA, so that it can be added to browser extensions or independent FFA apps to be used on wired systems.

It would be a good time then to implement x86 support for Android

Freaking BS !!! I don't have any Ios or Android system.. make it also for win 10 please !

Why removing a working system? Do i need to buy ios or android now.. no thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Since I have to keep my smartphone outside of the house because one of my daughters gets headaches every time I bring the device inside, I would appreciate it if we can use the app on Windows or Linux systems !!

Also possible would be using regular FFA, so that it can be added to browser extensions or independent FFA apps to be used on wired systems.

You can install android emulator for instance Nox... I am using it this way and it works good.

It depends on the emulator x86 which is native for windows emulators is not supported
You can install android emulator for instance Nox... I am using it this way and it works good.

That's the best answear i've see today. Solutions before critics.

That's the best answear i've see today. Solutions before critics.

A solution would be a version for linux and win10.. A emulator Is a bad fix, but never a solution :)

the game is win 10, and now i need to have android or Ios to enter this win 10 game... how funny :scratch2:

Is there something that will run on my Nokia?

Is there something that will run on my Nokia?

Any car can run on our nokia it will come as clean as before but if you enjoy EU we must adapt.
Winners search for solutions, losers find excuses.

Any car can run on our nokia it will come as clean as before but if you enjoy EU we must adapt.
Winners search for solutions, losers find excuses.

smart people can explain what went wrong and determine wether or not it's really the "losers" fault or if it's things out of the "losers" hand....

Last edited:
If you have both entropia pocket and entropia universe on the same pc, that kinda beats the whole purpose of entropia pocket being seperated from pc...

hmm Android has different platforms it can run on (most common arm, arm64, x86)
some emulators run on arm architecture some run on native x86 as thats the cpu architecture most of Windows pc's are native to
both are supported by android, but this app does not support x86 platform
i am running an emulator as well but it has to be arm for the time being
Sorry but you missunderstanding something and your sentence does not make any sense.

These are requirements to run basic emulator
Requirements

also you have to enable virtualization in Bios and your CPU have to support it.
Enable CPU Virtualization/

Looks like this - https://imgur.com/a/Hl0pPpo

i am an conplete technoob and we dont have an mobile phone,my question is ..do we have to buy 2 seperate phones ?
since i have an account and so does my wife

i am an conplete technoob and we dont have an mobile phone,my question is ..do we have to buy 2 seperate phones ?
since i have an account and so does my wife

I do think 2 simple android ipadthingys is enough, no need for smartphones Id guess :)

I do think 2 simple android ipadthingys is enough, no need for smartphones Id guess :)

ok,thx for the answer :)
but it has to be 2 devices ?
we cant use 1 device for both accounts ?

holy crap people

its 2018

adapt to the new security system on android or IOS...

if you got stuff on your avatar worth more than an android phone that you can pick second hand.. whats the issue? you wanted to depo that cash too?

save some money each month until september, it ain't that difficult lol

you got until september to save that money and get a phone, or a second hand pad... or if you're a cheap ass you can just get an emulator and download the app...

if you fail at that don't come raging, it's your own fault... :scratch2:

and as mentioned in OP

MA announced this waaaay back... and now you still havn't moved on to the app based security system and come raging that it's bad on MA's side..

the stomach on some people.....................................

you sound like a bunch of swede's blaming EVERY ONE but yourself or refusing to adapt to new changes... grow up

FYI

Entropia Pocket runs offline. Old Android 2.3 will do, so you can run it on 10$ old smartphone without sim card. Use wifi to download app, then switch off wifi, gsm and gprs/lte (or use airplane mode). It should work for one week on one charge.

It's also good to do a factory reset/clear cache before install so some stray services are killed and dont drain battery.

Clearly i'll find a way around this, but given that windows is a relatively common operating system (I've heard of it, maybe you have too) I would have thought they could have made a version to work with windows. If someone wants to run it on the same PC as Entropia then that's their own problem.

btw: MA never said they would be withdrawing the gold card, they said we could continue to use it but we wouldn't be able to get new ones.

Clearly i'll find a way around this, but given that windows is a relatively common operating system (I've heard of it, maybe you have too) I would have thought they could have made a version to work with windows. If someone wants to run it on the same PC as Entropia then that's their own problem.

btw: MA never said they would be withdrawing the gold card, they said we could continue to use it but we wouldn't be able to get new ones.

Most accurate post in this thread..
I also still think it's easier to hack my phone then it is to steal my old GC

ok,thx for the answer :)
but it has to be 2 devices ?
we cant use 1 device for both accounts ?

2 devices, yep

When you install the application, remember to write down the initialization code or whatever it's called, in case you need to change phone or something, otherwise you will have to go through support to deactivate and reactivate the application on another device.

For those that think it's an expensive solution, there's plenty of time until September to withdraw a few hundred PEDs and buy yourself a device. If people don't have PEDs nor the $ for a device, then most likely the account is not in need for 2FA, in my opinion.

bluestacks.com/

android emulator for windows

Last edited:
2 devices, yep

When you install the application, remember to write down the initialization code or whatever it's called, in case you need to change phone or something, otherwise you will have to go through support to deactivate and reactivate the application on another device.

For those that think it's an expensive solution, there's plenty of time until September to withdraw a few hundred PEDs and buy yourself a device. If people don't have PEDs nor the $ for a device, then most likely the account is not in need for 2FA, in my opinion.

ok,thx for the reply,

it isnt an matter of finances btw,im an oldschoolgeezer that dislikes changes ;)
we have been postponing buying phones( i absolutely hate them ) but i guess we have to bite the bullet and dive into this new techera :p

The issue with this is that it defeats the whole purpose of having the Entropia Pocket if you have it on your computer, it is supposed to be an anti-hacking protection in case your computer/account gets compromised.

You can run the Entropia Pocket app on any ios/android tablet aswell if that would help.

If you need to run it on your pc however you can run android emulators that works pretty well and should work with the Entropia app.

it isnt an matter of finances btw

Oh I am absolutely sure of it, that's why I addressed to others. :)
There's no need to install anything else, not to keep these phones connected to the internet once you have the application. And you can turn them off after you get your codes... so there's very little chances of hacking them :p
But I would go for device versus emulator 100%. There are chances you can lock yourself out and quite often...

I think some people are missing the whole point of that enhanced security system by requesting it to be on more operating systems.

It's meant to be a separate piece of authentication NOT attached to your system. If you can just run EU and open the pocket app on the same computer at the same time it's not protecting you if someone gains access to your machine.

You've got to evolve with technology people. If you don't have access to a smartphone then just download an android emulator and use that instead... or just disable the extra security and ensure you use a unique very strong password for EU.

Truth be told, the original gold card system was not that secure in the first place. It was a primitive system at best that often failed and left people locked out of their accounts.

I think some people are missing the whole point of that enhanced security system by requesting it to be on more operating systems.

It's meant to be a separate piece of authentication NOT attached to your system. If you can just run EU and open the pocket app on the same computer at the same time it's not protecting you if someone gains access to your machine.

You've got to evolve with technology people. If you don't have access to a smartphone then just download an android emulator and use that instead... or just disable the extra security and ensure you use a unique very strong password for EU.

Truth be told, the original gold card system was not that secure in the first place. It was a primitive system at best that often failed and left people locked out of their accounts.

So I should get an extra phone for Virtual Tycoon? :laugh:

If you start using entropia pocket does gold card stop working or can use both on your account?

Back