Gold Card Announcement

I paid 200 PED for my first GC and reader, it was not free when I started EU

Yes, me too, or maybe it even was 250 ped?
Not sure, cant remember, since I got to old in the meantime.

But, that was a ONE-TIME fee to buy the "hardware".

Now he was talking about a MONTHLY fee of lets say 100 ped just to use that hardware.
You're willing to pay 1200 ped per year just to use your cold card??

Dont think so ;)

both systems should be kept, gold card and android pocket, if any will be stop the only thing will happend is the game to loose investors and dedicated players, players who make the game attractive, known and worthwhile for others. So ..is realy not a good move in my personal opinion, is just a loose/loose situation. If the accounts will start to be hacked big time...then you can say 'bye bye' to real investors and medium ones. You do not change a system who works for 15 years, becouse you have costs, you just tax it for who want it, 50-100 ped\month or something.

GC is expencive for MA and therefor it will be removed definately as support told me (decision is made no way around)

For those who don´t like it on their all day smartphone (security reasons), there is an easy solution.

Cheap kids android tablet, with a cam (cam needed to activate the app) - cost around 10 € (at least where I live).

Conect this kids tablet to your PC by a cable or conect it to wlan to download/install the app.

Cut the connection (wlan/cable) when app is installed.

Activate the app

Done

This 10 € kids tablet replaces your reader and can be seen as seperated hardware, not connected to anything.

Its as safe as the card reader and card.

Already did that.

I am ok with that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GoNi again.

See, take Goni as example.

He nearly rage quited over this.
Even more conservative than the pope, but even he managed!! :thumbup:

Yes, me too, or maybe it even was 250 ped?
Not sure, cant remember, since I got to old in the meantime.

But, that was a ONE-TIME fee to buy the "hardware".

Now he was talking about a MONTHLY fee of lets say 100 ped just to use that hardware.
You're willing to pay 1200 ped per year just to use your cold card??

Dont think so ;)

if you can choose from free pocket and 50-100ped for gold card, i dont see what is wrong . Choosing is always a better choice. I think 50 ped is a more reasonable number. More services need to be available for clients, in my opinion, and if is expensive to keep, need to be taxed, is a normal way to do things.

if you can choose from free pocket and 50-100ped for gold card, i dont see what is wrong . Choosing is always a better choice. I think 50 ped is a more reasonable number. More services need to be available for clients, in my opinion, and if is expensive to keep, need to be taxed, is a normal way to do things.

I hear what you say, but it doesnt work that way.

To offer you the choice would imply that MA would need to support both options.
Now, what happens if only 10 players decide that they want to pay to keep the GC in the air?
Will they pay 1000 ped instead of 100 ped since there's just to few people to pay for the costs to upkeep it.
The fewer people who are willing to pay that monthly fee the higher the fee for the others would be.

And lets be honest, I dont think you can find many who will want to pay this monthly fee if there are plenty of solid alternatives.

I hear what you say, but it doesnt work that way.

To offer you the choice would imply that MA would need to support both options.
Now, what happens if only 10 players decide that they want to pay to keep the GC in the air?
Will they pay 1000 ped instead of 100 ped since there's just to few people to pay for the costs to upkeep it.
The fewer people who are willing to pay that monthly fee the higher the fee for the others would be.

And lets be honest, I dont think you can find many who will want to pay this monthly fee if there are plenty of solid alternatives.

you realy live in a world of the mentaly poor people, hungry for real food and working daily for a boiled rat. I bet are at least 1/3 of the players who prefer the GC and are willing to pay 50 peds monthly for it. Not in your family, that is clear. I can donate you 1 ped for your family yearly expenses. DOUCHE!:eyecrazy: metaphoric message!

Last edited:
If I've got a functioning gold card, can I continue to use it until it dies?

you realy live in a world of the mentaly poor people, hungry for real food and working daily for a boiled rat. I bet are at least 1/3 of the players who prefer the GC and are willing to pay 50 peds monthly for it. Not in your family, that is clear. I can donate you 1 ped for your family yearly expenses. DOUCHE!:eyecrazy:

Might be a language barrier here, but this post sound horrible offensive.
:scratch2:

I bet are at least 1/3 of the players who prefer the GC
Yes, there are maybe 30 (I think even far less) of those people here who preferred the GC.
1/3 of those makes 10.

Just as I said. 10.

Wizz ...my message to you was metaphorically ...normal, equal to the proportion of players you refer to ... like 10 players. You talk shity stuff, you got my answer. The real number is around 500-1000 players for gc, maybe more..we do not know that. But that is not the main problem. These players can be investors with much more money then 20k pocket android players. Can be an important problem.

for count, another person

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s.idioata e mata si cu sorta bai count :)..asta ca sa radem fara cratime...ca sa nu mai scriu alt mesaj si pt tine

Ahh, so you just start pissing me off in Romanian?

Dude, you can call me an ignorant hypcrit idiot in Romanian, but that doesnt make you right with your 1000 players.

Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.

Ahh, so you just start pissing me off in Romanian?

Dude, you can call me an ignorant hypcrit idiot in Romanian, but that doesnt make you right with your 1000 players.

Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.

that is a message for another guy, romanian, count is his name, i did specified

that is a message for another guy, romanian, count is his name, i did specified

damnit dude, now I dont know if I should hate you, or to apologize to you. :scratch2:

:laugh:

So for those who haven't kept track with Mindark a lot, just logged in every now and then to check on their unfertilised landareas..
Will they be able to login with only their password, after the gold card expires? Or will they have a locked account, which can only be unlocked by sending a copy of their id?

Will they be able to login with only their password, after the gold card expires? Or will they have a locked account, which can only be unlocked by sending a copy of their id?

My guess on this one is B)

We will be locked out, but dont worry, we will be unlocked after we prove who we are. (Again.)

So for those who haven't kept track with Mindark a lot, just logged in every now and then to check on their unfertilised landareas..

yep you have send in your ID. then send in a GDPR request for it to be removed from their records.

See, take Goni as example.

He nearly rage quited over this.
Even more conservative than the pope, but even he managed!! :thumbup:

That was never an option for me :D

Dont do this.

You can choose....

Sad watching the last death throes of Mega. :whiner:

Was against till last weekend... when "error 72" made my login almost impossible and me outrageous. After 15' and when finally worked I was already in the 2factor authenticator registration page. Ye, I know and I feel like a "traitor" :) but in the bottom line the new security system it is more reliable at least. think about it again.

Time is counting down the card change so thought I'd add a walk through. It's not difficult, my wife and I share one cell phone. Because of the new security we had to buy a new phone for her EU account.

Here is how we did it.

First we needed a google play store account to download the EU pocket app. I had one and tried to do this without using it but could not. So perhaps you need one.

So now you have your google play store account, if needed. Type in Entropia Pocket in the google play store and click install.

First I completed my own EU pocket with my existing cell phone.

Maybe because I use firefox and use many types of filters I could not use the typical login to EU to complete this. I went to the EU generic homepage and logged into my account. NOT the game but the EU homepage. and went to account security and found the EU pocket app notification.

At this point you should have the EU pocket app/downloaded on your cell phone. Once the app is installed you will see at the bottom, a button to press to link your account. At the same time on the EU website you will see a button to press to link your account.

You will need to allow the app on your phone to scan and and take photo's at this point but you can turn that off later.

Once you press both ok on your phone and the EU website your cell will change to camera mode. You will have both your cell phone and computer screens open at this time. Hold your cell phone at a distance from your computer screen and scan the square box on your computer monitor with your cell camera. When successful you will be notified

Record the security number provided for future reference. This is very important. For me I had to scroll down a bit. It is a four digit number.

For my wife we bought a $40 phone at Walmart. We used the same google play store account to download the app. The phone came with a free $40 prepaid card but we did not have to use it. I allowed the new phone access to our current mobile wifi account and repeated the above steps.

If you don't have your own wifi connection many places like McDonald's or Starbucks provide free one's. Just look for the unlocked icons under wifi connections and click that and download EU pocket.

Then turn off wifi on the phone and your all set.

Last edited:
I just had to restore my iphone and to reactivate EU's 2fa first time in 2 years. Two takeaways:

1) even though I disabled 2fa before restoring, it asked me for the 6-digit code when I expected a QR code. Turns out the goldcard security stays activated in the background and takes over when you disable the app (at least until the 30th). I'm so glad that I managed to find the card after 2 years and the reader still had some juice in it (after 11 years!).

2) now this is really serious screwed up shit. The recovery code you were given when you activated the Pocket for the first time doesn't change after disabling and reactivating 2fa, they reuse the original one each time. You may protect your phone as much as you want, but you get that little 5-letter (!) code compromised and you are done, as anyone can disable your 2fa without a need for your phone/app. Rent a safe deposit box and place your recovery code there, resist the urge to tattoo it on your body :D

I just had to restore my iphone and to reactivate EU's 2fa first time in 2 years. Two takeaways:

1) even though I disabled 2fa before restoring, it asked me for the 6-digit code when I expected a QR code. Turns out the goldcard security stays activated in the background and takes over when you disable the app (at least until the 30th). I'm so glad that I managed to find the card after 2 years and the reader still had some juice in it (after 11 years!).

2) now this is really serious screwed up shit. The recovery code you were given when you activated the Pocket for the first time doesn't change after disabling and reactivating 2fa, they reuse the original one each time. You may protect your phone as much as you want, but you get that little 5-letter (!) code compromised and you are done, as anyone can disable your 2fa without a need for your phone/app. Rent a safe deposit box and place your recovery code there, resist the urge to tattoo it on your body :D

In the process of getting an authenticator app to work, at one point I disabled the 2fa, and when I reactivated it, there was an option to use the prior code, or generate a new one.

I never had a gold card active so I'm not sure how that might have affected the process. I do now that I was offered the chance to select a new code if I wanted. If I recall though it was done oddly, another panel on the page so I had to scroll past the information that sort of assumes you will be using the same code. I did find the process a little confusing but once I figured how to find the page in the website it went ok.

GG finding that card. I entered the code wrong the other day and I was so worried I might have Mega'd ;)

I never had a gold card active so I'm not sure how that might have affected the process.

Perhaps it's different without a gold card. I just deactivated it again and went thoroughly over every page and option, and the only place that mentions the recovery code for me is the deactivation form.

On the other hand, in their FAQ I found this: "If you were to lose your device you can always deactivate your Entropia Pocket security by entering the recovery code you received when you activated Entropia Pocket for the first time."

gold_card_removal_002.jpg

For those who have been on a break and read this post after 30 September 2018.

I suppose I should ask... I'm on a break from Entropia at the mo (house move/PC not set up/borrowed internet/busy at work yadda yadda) so can I sort out switching from GC to this app thingymajig after 30th? Or am I going to end up in some sort of locked out stalemate that will require passport maily'ness?

(I sincerely hope it isn't the latter)

I suppose I should ask... I'm on a break from Entropia at the mo (house move/PC not set up/borrowed internet/busy at work yadda yadda) so can I sort out switching from GC to this app thingymajig after 30th? Or am I going to end up in some sort of locked out stalemate that will require passport maily'ness?

(I sincerely hope it isn't the latter)

From what I have been told anyone using the gold card system after the end of this month will be locked.
Then you either have the security removed from your account and then install the pocket app , or not.

gold_card_removal_002.jpg

For those who have been on a break and read this post after 30 September 2018.

Yeah even thou you have login & password plus gold card you are not trusted to remove it with out sending ID :silly2:

I activated the 2fa on Microsoft authenticator instead on my phone even thou i dont like having to use the phone for login.

(Side note my GC still works since 2007 with same batteries)

Did anyone get this working with an android emulator?

I had no idea we were going to get our accounts locked on the 30th, just assumed we would be able to keep on using the GC till it broke :confused:

Back