Gold Card Announcement

If you start using entropia pocket does gold card stop working or can use both on your account?

Gold card stops working, but for now it's reversible if you remove the Pocket from account.

They work differently. With the pocket you can't generate a list of codes to use without the card, it's always realtime (30 sec per code or so). And if you mistyped a code or failed to login because "already logged in", you have to wait until it expires and the next one generated.

Last edited:
I think some people are missing the whole point of that enhanced security system by requesting it to be on more operating systems.

It's meant to be a separate piece of authentication NOT attached to your system. If you can just run EU and open the pocket app on the same computer at the same time it's not protecting you if someone gains access to your machine.

You've got to evolve with technology people. If you don't have access to a smartphone then just download an android emulator and use that instead... or just disable the extra security and ensure you use a unique very strong password for EU.

Truth be told, the original gold card system was not that secure in the first place. It was a primitive system at best that often failed and left people locked out of their accounts.

And thats two different systems, if emulator runs on same mashine as EU?

The 2 way authentifaction is a safety system for the case, one of your devices is infected with a trojan, its still impossible for the hacker to have access to your accounts.
So if we listen to you, install emulator or just use strong password only, a hacker who manage to get a trojan onto your mashine, will get access to your account.
FAIL

Thats why I like the GC!

Smartphones are even more threated by trojan virus software than comon PCs.
Most people don´t have a virus scan app or a firewall installed on their smartphones!"

Guess why I don´t like this pocket app.

There is much better options, my bank f.e. uses photo tan for authentification. A photo tan generator cost around 10€. So cost factor would be the same as the GC reader.

Personally I would prefer if they simply keep GC system in place, just because I already have that and it is very save system.

If you start using entropia pocket does gold card stop working or can use both on your account?

as I know of, people who started using app will not be able anymore to go back to GC system (I remeber someone that was trying the app and had to send a support case to go back to GC System, and this "support" will be discontinued now, for sure, imo)

I will miss my Gold Card :cdevil:

Oh I am absolutely sure of it, that's why I addressed to others. :)
There's no need to install anything else, not to keep these phones connected to the internet once you have the application. And you can turn them off after you get your codes... so there's very little chances of hacking them :p
But I would go for device versus emulator 100%. There are chances you can lock yourself out and quite often...

yea,i think we will buy 1 real good smartphone for other uses also(probably will be 2 million pictures taken of our cats by my wife ) and 1 crappy one for my account :)

I thought the GC would be a safer option to i must say. Because nothing is safe on the internet imo..
But i gess im wrong then..
Also i still cant logg in to Virtualtycon still, havent been able for years. It give me a message that its wrong password.
I just bought a new phone so i thought that maybe it work now but still same issue.
Wonder if i use the Pocket it work on Virtualtycon to so i can logg in there finnaly?

Owell i gess its time to move on to the pocket app anyhowe now ;)

Truth be told, the original gold card system was not that secure in the first place.

As far as I am aware, there is not a single documented case of an Entropia account that used the Gold Card system having been hacked or otherwise compromised.

That's a pretty damned good track record for a "primitive system" that has been in use for well over 10 years.

As far as I am aware, there is not a single documented case of an Entropia account that used the Gold Card system having been hacked or otherwise compromised.

That's a pretty damned good track record for a "primitive system" that has been in use for well over 10 years.

So why remove it?

I love my GC that is the first Project Entropia modell released... :(

Fix that shit first before you force everyone tot use it!

Such a bad idea. Hackers are getting very skilled at compromising phone based 2FA systems.

So which of the below is the reason?

1. MA sees facebook and co making $$$ harvesting user data from cell phones and wants in on that action.

2. High level executive has ownership/investments in the company that supports entropia pocket for MA.

3. Licensing fees for the gold card are getting too high or no longer available.

4. Aliens.

I have contacted support asked for keeping GC system.

Everybody who like the GC system should do the same.

Such a bad idea. Hackers are getting very skilled at compromising phone based 2FA systems.

So which of the below is the reason?

1. MA sees facebook and co making $$$ harvesting user data from cell phones and wants in on that action.

2. High level executive has ownership/investments in the company that supports entropia pocket for MA.

3. Licensing fees for the gold card are getting too high or no longer available.

4. Aliens.

tumblr_lzkjmpxsbv1qhjyb0o1_500.jpg

I think some people are missing the whole point of that enhanced security system by requesting it to be on more operating systems.

It's meant to be a separate piece of authentication NOT attached to your system. If you can just run EU and open the pocket app on the same computer at the same time it's not protecting you if someone gains access to your machine.

You are right. I would rather use the app on an offline (win or linux) system, rather then on a frequently used 'smart'phone. ('smart' = Self Monitoring And Reporting Technology)
Please keep in mind that spy-phones, also called (sp)-i-phones or android phones, are quite easy to get compromised or hack into.
As an ex-hacker I'm very aware of that. They are WAAY easier to hack into than a WIRED MULTI-FIREWALLED system. Let alone an offline system.

Imo the Entropia Pocket should contain a PIN or PASS before providing your login code.

Amen, also a backup card would have saved some trouble.

So why remove it?

Very simple reason. With the 'app', MA is no longer needed to provide GC and readers, as well as do the administration on the system..

I have contacted support asked for keeping GC system.
Everybody who like the GC system should do the same.
NOT True when your GC card starts wearing out.

I have to agree with 711. :wise:

I like the Gold Card system and feel much safer with it.

So why remove it?

It's probably a much cheaper and pretty safe option, so it's a good move.

No one will take away GCs. People are free to sleep with them under their pillows :D

And once again MA demonstrate their total lack of understanding about how to provide good customer service.

Below is some shit i'd like to adress regarding pocket-app.

First issue:
I tried to disable my Entropia Pocket with the pocket recovery code a while ago because my old phone died. After doing this I received a message that it was disabled. However when you try to re-install the pocket security on a different phone....
You receive the msg: "– 2 Factor Authentication Required –". <--- We just disabled this.

I (thankfully) could enable it on my old phone again, but this sucks... This is what support told me:

In order to deactivate Entropia Pocket, we must ask you to please upload front and back color copies of a current and valid photo ID to this case, where all four corners are visible, and your full name, a document number, and your date of birth are clearly shown.

For example a Driver's License, Passport or National Identification Card, so we can verify that you are the rightful owner of this account.

We are aware that this is a complicated procedure, but we can assure you that it is in the interest of account security.

Ok, second issue:
You cannot log in with the virtual tycoon app combined with the 2factor thing. When you enter the key it pushes you straight back to login screen.. The solution to this is:
1. Open app
2. Login with usedname & password
3. Enter your Pocket key
4. Force-close the VirtualTycoon app after you are pushed back to login screen
5. Re-open it and you are actually logged in?!

This only works if your phone and you are fast enough to do this in 30 seconds (new code generated).

Third issue:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...opia-(Project-Entropia-or-Entropia-Universe-)

Most of your dedicated and depositing playerbase is from the GoldCard ERA. Don't fuck them over even more....

Note: Re-enabling my pocket security on a different phone took 4 days!! Imagine losing your phone during an event!

Last edited:
What happens if you're phone gets stolen? Can your account be compromised?

What happens if you're phone gets stolen? Can your account be compromised?

Most modern smart phones have fingerprint login or retina or facial recognition login. ENABLE IT. You can also use a pin or a pattern on most phones.

So somebody cut off your finger or took your print from a beer glass and stole your phone and they also know what entropia is.

Then they can now access your phone. Then they still need your login details. first your username, maybe its your emailadress, maybe its not.

ofcourse you have a really hard to guess unique password for entropia? If you don't, get it.

So the thief also needs those two things.

so in short:

1 they need your finger (print), and get it working on the fingerprint reader (which is hard imo)
2 they need to know what entropia is and know what entropia pocket is
3 they need to know your username
4 they need to know your password
5 they need to download entropia universe
6 and then they may be able to login and steal stuff from you.

In all that time you can contact support and ask to temporarily lock you, so you can verify with Mindark who you are (copy of valid passport + bank account with visible name)
Also there are security apps that locate your phone when it gets stolen. If the thief uses the phone you get an email with gps coords and other details which you can give to the police.

I would say it's pretty damn safe.

holy crap people

its 2018

adapt to the new security system on android or IOS...

if you got stuff on your avatar worth more than an android phone that you can pick second hand.. whats the issue? you wanted to depo that cash too?

save some money each month until september, it ain't that difficult lol

you got until september to save that money and get a phone, or a second hand pad... or if you're a cheap ass you can just get an emulator and download the app...

if you fail at that don't come raging, it's your own fault... :scratch2:

and as mentioned in OP

MA announced this waaaay back... and now you still havn't moved on to the app based security system and come raging that it's bad on MA's side..

the stomach on some people.....................................

you sound like a bunch of swede's blaming EVERY ONE but yourself or refusing to adapt to new changes... grow up

I dont have a cellphone and haven't for over 7 years now. I am retired on a fixed income now with no room for purchasing a phone or the service for it. I have played Entropia since 2012 and I am the leader of Apocalyptic society so I have obligations to fulfill there. I find it arrogant to think that everyone should have a cellphone and, if not, should get one. The security system was working just fine for me when I had thousands of dollars in my Entropia account, which I have since withdrawn to live on. Narrow minded people shouldn't be too quick to judge others if they dont
have the means to comply with this. Accommodations should be made for those that cant change.

P.S. I use Windows 7 Ultimate...still the best Operating system out there, so Win 10 isnt an option either. (And I built my computer)

If this is going to be forced upon us then I may HAVE to quit, Not want to. I still have a few thousand dollars in the game, may have to sell out.

Last edited:
android phone 33 euro from wish. 4 gb ram, 32 gb storage. would fit the one app entropia pocket.

https://www.wish.com/search/phone#cid=5b0e8ba01578bf53a8bb7b8e

I am sure if you dig harder, you can get a cheaper one. Probably one that's cheaper than 200 peds (which was the cost for the original gold card)

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that MA is doing this for their benefit, not ours

I have a strong feeling that MA is doing this for their benefit, not ours

What is the benefit?

gold card had to be purchased from Mindark, App is free ?
The only benefit I see, is that people would also install compet if they make the step in 2018 to get a smartphone.

The time has come for the venerable Gold Card Security system to be phased out.

As mentioned in the 2016 State of the Universe Address, MindArk has been planning for some time to eventually phase out the Gold Card Security system.

Support for the Gold Card Security system will officially end on September 30, 2018.

thumbs_down.jpg

This is a very bad decision.

What is the benefit?

gold card had to be purchased from Mindark, App is free ?
The only benefit I see, is that people would also install compet if they make the step in 2018 to get a smartphone.

Access to your phone number to sell to third parties to generate income

A solution would be a version for linux and win10.. A emulator Is a bad fix, but never a solution :)

the game is win 10, and now i need to have android or Ios to enter this win 10 game... how funny :scratch2:

Given it is on android I suspect that it would be possible for some nice developer to decompile it and produce a linux or windows version based on the code that works the same as the original.

Access to your phone number to sell to third parties to generate income

You don't need to have a phone number with an android phone. An android phone works perfectly fine without a sim card. You need to have wifi briefly to install the app and sync it once, but it also works offline, so you can turn wifi off and dont install a sim-card and still be able to use the app.

I'm a Gold Card owner since my first month in EU (that's about 5 years ago!)
I have a recently purchased brand new smartphone, *(because it is neccesity for pay e-bills of my electricity in my counrty!!!!)
But I don't like to be forced to this "two factor" authentication thing. I like Gold Card and I wanna stay to this as long I'm still in EU.

* if someone want to get rid the "old fashion paper-> mail receipt" bills in Greece and he want to get an e-mail bill and pay throught internet, he/she needs a mobile phone number, not a regular one. Go search why!!!

If we have to do it, there's no point in arguing about it, I just want to make sure it's a seamless transfer.

So I just download this app to my phone, then somehow the system knows I have a gold card and converts it over...is that about right?

I assume it will switch off the gold card and allow me in via the app. Is it nice and straightforward, just like that?

If my phone battery dies, will it throw out all the time coding sequencing?

Cheers

Rick

If you have both entropia pocket and entropia universe on the same pc, that kinda beats the whole purpose of entropia pocket being seperated from pc...

How about a cheap hardware solution with a physical card and a separate device for reading the card. This would solve the issue of the app being on the PC.

Man that sounds like such a good idea. I wonder why MA didn't think of that one years ago... oh... wait a moment... they did :clap:

ok,thx for the answer :)
but it has to be 2 devices ?
we cant use 1 device for both accounts ?

What we need.... is some sort of cheap physical hardware device that can be used with any account... then each account holder could have a separate card that fits into it.

Wow, that sounds like a great idea. One wonders why MA didn't think of that one years ago... oh wait... they did

Back