Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
    Prowler
    Killarious K-Max Maximillion
    Society
    Don't Feed the Animals
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ???

Only thing they ever wanted from me was a copy of my passport or driver licence.

That doesn´t hold that much personal data, you claim they want to know.
    I worked with government on quite a few projects mainly the attorney general software systems and that scan bar on back of your drivers license and that scan bar on your passport hold way more info then you know. even a scan of the front of my state drivers license can revealed a lot of info not shown on the print of the license, there is scanable info all over the front of a driver license where I live.
    --K-Max--
    "The Habitat Bargain Bin" (Omegaton West Habitat, Delta Bldg, Blk A, Shop 5)

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    That will not help if hacker successful sent you a unnoticed trojan, which captures and reports your login and password to the hacker.

Thats why I want to have 2FA security!
    I'll be ok.

I always am.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Max View Post
    I worked with government on quite a few projects mainly the attorney general software systems and that scan bar on back of your drivers license and that scan bar on your passport hold way more info then you know.
    Here is the standard of it:
    https://www.aamva.org/dl-id-card-design-standard/

Most of it appears to be things like address and physical description, according to standards. In EU, "Race/ethnicity" is considered one of the sensitive information. (I guess the US definition is more or less the color on the photograph.) If your drivers license issuer has put more info on it, I would suggest complaining to your local politician about it. Having "race" or "ethniticy" in barcode, or the text "sexual predator" [Florida] on the front *can* be sensititive in some juristictions. And while Veteran probably is a good status thing in USA, I guess in countries like Sweden it can be sensitive if it shows that you are likely to be in a military reserve (´hemvärnet´).

The 1D bar code seems to contain either some reference to social security number, or license or ID number, date of birth, expiration and a two-digit manufacturing number.

I guess if you really want you could block out the barcode(s) and see if MA still accepts it.

In Sweden on back of driving licenses there is a barcode that contains the social security number. One example when it's used is when you clam a snailmail package. It's used as a lazy way for computer systems to note "I've seen your ID".

Modern ID cards either has a visible chip (eg gold plated) or an RFID Circuit. The chip can contain a digital ID (used to, for instance, "sign" your tax form), and the RFID is on passports and "national ID cards" (instead of passports when travelling within EU); it contains biometric data. Kind of sensitive, but logically doesn't come on a photo copy.

Doesn't some services in USA make a photocopy of the drivers license, like hotels?
    Last edited by aia; 06-29-2018 at 08:05.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Modern ID cards either has a visible chip (eg gold plated) or an RFID Circuit. The chip can contain a digital ID (used to, for instance, "sign" your tax form), and the RFID is on passports and "national ID cards" (instead of passports when travelling within EU); it contains biometric data. Kind of sensitive, but logically doesn't come on a photo copy.
    Well, if I scan my passport and sent the copy as a .jpg file, who on earth can read out the chips from that ?

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34