Gold Card Announcement

i put it in there to trigger the stupid people... and 2 fell for it. what a shame.

yeah, to call people stupid for having a smart phone. Right.

But as I said, I'm awaiting all the sell out threads.
Better be quick with selling all your shit, because after sept you cant anymore.

Better be quick with selling all your shit, because after sept you cant anymore.

He already sold out few weeks ago.
The most he can sell now is some sweat.

He already sold out few weeks ago.
The most he can sell now is some sweat.

yeah right.

but the problem is that once he cant log in anymore, he will have even more time to troll the forum calling us all stupid for using our smartphones to log in :scratch2:

tbh this whole thing annoys me most because everyone these days assumes you must have a smartphone. They are not an essential part of modern life, they're just a tool that not everyone needs.

I have a nokia because what I want from a phone is:

1) Make/receive phone calls.
2) Long battery life
3) Small
4) Won't break if I drop it.

I need nothing more from a phone. Maybe if I didn't work from home I'd need the extra functionality of a smart phone, but I do and I don't.

I have a windows tablet rather than a android/ipad because:

1) It runs windows 10 and therefore is fully compatible with any software I use on my main PCs.
2) I can play EU on it :)

This is not about being unable to change or adapt with technology, it's about choosing and using the technology that works best for me.

Not everyone needs or wants an android/iOS device, and to buy one for the sole act of logging into a game is a complete waste of resources.

Install emulator on your windows tablet and run pocket app on that. Don't need to buy anything.

i guess you should work on your reading comprehension skills.

:laugh:

error

error

where's my card?

error

Damn, my card broken, how to get a new one?

error

Try searching the forum for " gold card" and see how many threads have been created about issues in regards to the gold card.

Happy to get rid of it! :wtg:

Wow and in the future you will read:

Damn my smartphone got stolen, how the hell do I get into EU.

Smartphone fell down on floor, touchscreen broken, damn cant log into EU.

Whatever!

error error error, or do you really think this pocket app will be error free.

What if I update my smartphone drivers, and suddenly the new system got some problems with the pocket app, wouldn´t be surprised if that happens, looking at MAs coding skills.

xD

Where I come from people tend to say: Never change a winning team!

So why MA needs to make this new pocket app at all, when there is a not that modern but functional security system in place.

I wouldn´t mind if they simply do it as additional feature for those who like it that way, and leave it for the others who prefer old style GC.

Even if they start to charge for support of GC, I wouldn´t mind card reader or card don´t break that often that I can´t afford to pay that 10€ to get a replacement if no longer for free.
I still would stay with GC.

Its not that I am technophobic or something, I am just lazy and don´t like changes.

tbh this whole thing annoys me most because everyone these days assumes you must have a smartphone. They are not an essential part of modern life, they're just a tool that not everyone needs.

That! Exactly that.

When my bank removed paper tan lists and replaced it with photo generated tans, they offered an app for smartphones to generate the tan.
Well I didn´t like to buy a smartphone to use photo tan system, and asked for alternatives for those who don´t like to buy a smartphone.
3 days later my photo tan scanner arrived, for only 10€ and I am very happy with that. Its a handy device and does the job, too.

Proffessionals always offer alternatives.

Wow and in the future you will read:

Damn my smartphone got stolen, how the hell do I get into EU.

Smartphone fell down on floor, touchscreen broken, damn cant log into EU.

Whatever!

error error error, or do you really think this pocket app will be error free.

What if I update my smartphone drivers, and suddenly the new system got some problems with the pocket app, wouldn´t be surprised if that happens, looking at MAs coding skills.

xD

My "error" post was my own experience with the gold card.
Many errors, many times lost my card in the junk in my office (yes, I could have cleaned it more often).

Never had any problems with the app so far.

Sure, you can always think about bad things that can happen which makes logging in impossible.

But again I ask, why all the extreme drama over such a trivial thing.

Its not that I am technophobic or something, I am just lazy and don´t like changes.

But I respect your honesty ;)

Received an answer to my support case.

MA definately will not maintain GC past the given date!

I opened another case and asked for alternatives to buying a smartphone, f.e. a small device with the number generator preinstalled, which I can buy from MA.

Lets see what MA say about that.

on other note .......
Security is about trust

GC was sended to you by MA and needed to be activated by support
you get all from MA card and reader

so why MA dont choose prefered device, instaled prefered system ,and one and only app allowed to be instaled
and send us same all package , to be activated by support

instead we got various manufacturers ,various systems ,and various sources of dll for app

unless MA send me such prefered device....

i have more trust in GC than any kind of smart device , regardless system

or you are all more happier whit less safe option ???

EDIT: HA this thread got my first neg rep in YEARS and not from trance, either.

Hm, just for this i should neg rep you, but the problem, i normaly don't give neg rep out. Also not yet :)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've read ~8 pages of this thread and am unclear on something. I played back in PE but never "got into" the game too far, and only just started playing again a week or so ago, and I've been having a lot of fun exploring the new map, and I have decided to actually get into the game this time. I didn't deposit in the past, but I was just about to depo for the first time, and then have fun in EU.

So my question is this: After the pocket update, is there going to be any way to depo/withdraw if we DON'T have a smartphone (and therefore don't use the app?) ... or will we literally be required to own a smartphone to depo/withdraw from now on??

I do not need a smartphone, nor do I wish to own one. I have a cellphone; It is not a smartphone.

Is there going to be any alternative (i.e. through website?) to depo & withdraw?

If not -- or, if I'm only able to depo, and require a smartphone to withdraw -- then I guess I'm not returning to the game after all, since I'll have to quit the game...but hopefully I am just misunderstanding something here.

I hate to spam but can someone answer the above question? I've never depo/withdrawn before, so I'm clueless here.

So my question is this: After the pocket update, is there going to be any way to depo/withdraw if we DON'T have a smartphone (and therefore don't use the app?) ... or will we literally be required to own a smartphone to depo/withdraw from now on??

I do not need a smartphone, nor do I wish to own one. I have a cellphone; It is not a smartphone.

Is there going to be any alternative (i.e. through website?) to depo & withdraw?

If not -- or, if I'm only able to depo, and require a smartphone to withdraw -- then I guess I'm not returning to the game after all, since I'll have to quit the game...but hopefully I am just misunderstanding something here.

No you don´t need a smartphone at all.
You can just rely on strong password for your account.
The pocket app is just a 2 way authentification, that makes your account more safe.
So if anybody gets your accountname + password, he still will need the pocket app number to get into your account.

Whithout the 2 way authentification you will also be able to deposit/withdraw using the account website or the ingame transfer center.

Even if everyone switches to Pocket (as it seems we will have to), there will be people who are unhappy about the way in which they were forced to. MA may not (immediately) lose customers, but their customers will be less happy. No amount of arrogant "adapt, losers"-type comments will remedy that.

MA will stop selling/sending/replacing these. People that have them will still be able to use them. But on their own risk.
People have 3 options:
- keep using their GCs;
- switch to Pocket APP;
- remove two factor auth entirely.

In conclusion. NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING. People have options. I have not included the sell out option. I can see many have lost their mind over this and got very emotional, but I doubt someone could be so far gone to sell out and stop playing over this crap.

I guess they could explore the possibility of adding support for mobile devices that run Windows but I doubt they will because the % of users with such devices is so low, probably well under 1%, that it's not worth it to implement a system for that 1%.
As a user of windows mobile device, it's most likely that's not the first nor the last time you will not see an app you want available in Windows store....

Thank you, sorry if the question was silly. When I saw "smartphone will soon be required" I was worried.

Keep Gold Card System and haters out of this thread go make your own thread

MA will stop selling/sending/replacing these. People that have them will still be able to use them.

No i just got response from support team that 30 sept 2018 Gold card system wont work at all. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MA will stop selling/sending/replacing these. People that have them will still be able to use them. But on their own risk.
People have 3 options:
- keep using their GCs;
- switch to Pocket APP;
- remove two factor auth entirely.

In conclusion. NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING. People have options. I have not included the sell out option. I can see many have lost their mind over this and got very emotional, but I doubt someone could be so far gone to sell out and stop playing over this crap.

I guess they could explore the possibility of adding support for mobile devices that run Windows but I doubt they will because the % of users with such devices is so low, probably well under 1%, that it's not worth it to implement a system for that 1%.
As a user of windows mobile device, it's most likely that's not the first nor the last time you will not see an app you want available in Windows store....

It realy is not that hard to compile that code for win10. I have a tablet , it run win 10 like a normal pc. So please, just compile a version for window and everyone is happy. I know there are only 1% of lumia users.

and how hard is send SMS to cellphone ?
so we dont need to buy any smart stuff ??

its enough secure for my bank to comfim depos to game
but not enough to log in:scratch2:

or use a realy nice system like "axsionics" it is a fingertip reader. it show a barcode on screen, and you hold the axsionics at the screen to read the barcode, then you finger tip and get the enter code. I use this with my bank account, since ages.

No i just got response from support team that 30 sept 2018 Gold card system wont work at all. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
So this is definitely the end. Affix it to a glass pedestal with a drop of epoxy and put it in the display cabinet with your other dust catchers.

Now I'm scratching my head where the belief came from that they originally said it would continue to function, they'd just not issue any new ones. Just checked back with the 2016 State of the Universe address and it's not in there which means I answered wrongly somewhere... too many things to keep track of.

No, that's what previous announcements said, but this one says that gold card security will no longer work at all, after September. If it was as you said, I don't think anyone would really have a problem with it.

They stopped selling new gold cards and replacement readers quite a while ago (though a few people, including me, did manage to get a new reader by asking very nicely :))

No, that's what previous announcements said, but this one says that gold card security will no longer work at all, after September. If it was as you said, I don't think anyone would really have a problem with it.

They stopped selling new gold cards and replacement readers quite a while ago (though a few people, including me, did manage to get a new reader by asking very nicely :))

Oh, my bad, I stand corrected.

Then, they should change the announcement from "MA will stop supporting..." to "The GC will no longer work" to avoid confusion... I and some other, from what I've noticed, thought that the system will still work.
There are still at least 3 options left :)

thank god my withdrawal got comitted today and i only have some small play money left....
so i can just deactivate all that crap without fear

Well, some ppl still not have any devices like smartphones or others, how do they can install it?

There it is. They did say it would continue to be usable: (thanks Bella, Morgan for digging it up)

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2016/02/26/Two-Factor-Authentication-Update.xml?

If community manager is monitoring this thread, could you please clarify officially if this no longer holds.

They dont care , first remove from 5 to 1 year no log in rule ,now gold card removing , what next evry teleport we use we have to pay. They are soon taking 1 place from Ea as worst company in gaming

we believed this..."MindArk will continue to support the existing Gold Card Security System for participants already using the system, including after the release of the planned mobile two-factor authentication system described in the State of the Universe Address.":dunno:

we believed this..."MindArk will continue to support the existing Gold Card Security System for participants already using the system, including after the release of the planned mobile two-factor authentication system described in the State of the Universe Address.":dunno:

they did, just not for an infinite amount of time.

Back