Gold Card Announcement

Did anyone get this working with an android emulator?

I had no idea we were going to get our accounts locked on the 30th, just assumed we would be able to keep on using the GC till it broke :confused:

I didn't used *Remix OS Player* even if I had it already installed. I used my smartphone, but I can guess and I'm 100% sure it will work with any emulator too. The thing is.... how much secure is this way?
Dunno maybe isn't big deal after all.

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/

PS. if you wonder what's Remix OS Player is check it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/remix-os-player/
no ads nor any shit spyware, just a pure emulator.

Last edited:
(I posted this elsewhere, but here it is.)

SOLUTION FOR EVEN AN IDIOT like me.....

My cell phone is old enough that most apps won't run on it, but at least it fits in my pocket and I don't look like the idiots walking around holding their phone in the hands due to large size.

I NEVER leave WiFi or DATA active on my phone, so I had to turn them on to do this.

I downloaded and installed a QR scanner app.
I downloaded and installed Authy from https://authy.com/
I signed up for EP for my account.
When my account showed me the QR code, I scanned it.
Using Authy, I activated my 2Fa security access to my EU account.
I accessed game using the Authy account with WiFi and DATA on - it worked perfectly.
I turned off WiFi and DATA and accessed game - worked perfectly.

You do not need to have your phone online, active with either WiFi or DATA. This is as secure as it can get.

Of course, I have various security protocols active on my phone and I access the internet only once weekly to update my crypto wallet. My phone is for me to say "hello" and "goodbye". I don't shove my head up it's ass 24/7 like many do.

It works and I didn't have to give MA total access to my phone and I didn't have to buy a new phone, and I never have to access the Wifim internet or data to use.

I've used this perfectly a dozen times and smooth as a baby's butt.

Hope this helps.

From what I have been told anyone using the gold card system after the end of this month will be locked.
Then you either have the security removed from your account and then install the pocket app , or not.

Oh well...

Goodbye Goldcard, had you for 10 years or so, you served me well, with not even a battery change needed :(

Got it on my phone now, but not pleased about this, still prefer the GC.

one day left guys :wise:
After this weekend no more GC

I will really miss the Gold Card.

It looks so nifty… like a shiny Mercedes Keys near the glass of amber whiskey.

But hey, this is life, nothing is everlasting

Im set. My I-phone is already in use as my security log in device. Ever since, I havent tried using the Virtual Tycoon app. i just cant reconcile how that would work using only one phone. Maybe gold-card is still used to log into VT, dunno, will check it out sometime. :yay:

If you like to use the Pocket from MA, instead Google Authy or any other 2FA authentificator take care.

Although description of Entropia Pocket App in play store says Android 4 or higher, this is simply wrong.

My sister tried to install it on an old Android device 7.1 and it does not work, Entropia Pocket needs Android 8.0 at least.

:banghead: The End is Nigh! :hammer:

If you like to use the Pocket from MA, instead Google Authy or any other 2FA authentificator take care.

Although description of Entropia Pocket App in play store says Android 4 or higher, this is simply wrong.

My sister tried to install it on an old Android device 7.1 and it does not work, Entropia Pocket needs Android 8.0 at least.

I'm running Android 6.0.1 and just installed Entropia Pocket with zero problems.

I'm running Android 6.0.1 and just installed Entropia Pocket with zero problems.

I had no problem installing it on my device, but my sister didn´t manage to get it running on Android 7.1.

I gave her the link to this thread, and now she is using google authentificator instead MAs app :)

That works.

Changed today to the App....have to say..that it was very very smooth and fast...NO Problems...:cool:

Went through some hoops and loops and managed to get it work on Windows...

The fisrt two Android emulators did not use the camera of my Windows tablet. Even though the FAQ states that one could enter the code manually (which would have saved me quite a lot of trouble, even though I do not know how to read a QR without a camera), I could not find anything.
Ended up using the Nox Player, runs fine IF you have found out that you have to flip the QR Code horizontally in order to be scannable (could be thats because the player only takes the internal cam). Once running one MUST shut down the app properly in order to have it saved, killing the task or shutting it down via the multidrove does not save it properly.
Once done I could export the VM and install it on the Nox Player on my "workstation".
Backup of the VM can be installed on any Windows device.
Nice tidbit is, the "Copy Code" button works well, I can CTRL+V it into Entropia.
That was the good stuff

..the bad

It does not run on every Android, even though the app states that 2.2 is minimum.
Andy Android was on 4.4 and it was not supported.
Bluestacks does not have a working camera.
Nox only seems to run stable in 4.4. 5.0 and 7.0 seems to be highly buggy.

My tablet fell from one inch height, touchscreen is broken now. at least it still has a keyboard and touchfield for interaction.
It spilled half a liter of coffee on the wooden floor doing that.

One must have a Google account in order to download the app, meaning the device has to be registered.
If you do not want all passwords and browser history from Chrome synced you better make a new account..

Without the Copy&Paste one sometimes has to wait for a new code in order to have time to enter the numbers.

On a small phone screen you better have good eyesight.

Windows is not supported.

One needs to have a proper working camera even though the FAQ states otherwise.

It took me half of the weekend to get it work.

Conclusion:
They could have left the Gold Card system running without any support. The reasoning that it would save them money is bullshit, the system has been in place for over a decade and surely does not take up any computing ressources to mention. After all its nothing more than a pre-defined TAN list.
Not having a Windows app is really a downer, can not belive they had the ressources to do it on Android and iOS but not for Windows.
Was almost contacting support concerning the "enter code manually" thingy but then remembered one of my last cases and decided otherwise. Not worth the time and high blood pressure if I had ended up with that one person.

I got the system working but I am surely NOT a satisfied customer

They could have left the Gold Card system running without any support. The reasoning that it would save them money is bullshit, the system has been in place for over a decade and surely does not take up any computing ressources to mention. After all its nothing more than a pre-defined TAN list.

Not true, the Gold Card system ran into huge problems several times in the past 2 years when they had discontinued (but not fully disabled) support for it, each time a large quantity of users were unable to login while they had to, most likely, get in contact with people no longer at the company who were in charge of the Gold Card system and pay them large sums of money to come in and fix the issues.

If you've ever worked in any sort of IT company you would be well aware of how common this is and how unsustainable a problem like this would be for a small company like MA, versus just being done with it and having people move over to the modern 2FA.

The fisrt two Android emulators did not use the camera of my Windows tablet.

just out of curiosity, why do your rather bother around with android emulators on a windows tablet, when you could try the microsoft authenticator which is downloadable in their appstore?!?

I've just installed that pocket on my mobile and I must say it went super smooth. I was quite impressed.

After installing on your mobile, just click the activation link via your PC:

It will ask you for your gold card login via your PC
Then your PC link will display you a QR code, show your mobile camera the QR code shown on your PC and it automatically picks it up and continues with activation.

Then your PC link will ask you to enter a code from your mobile, to complete the activation.

The only thing I thought was a little strange than gold card login, is the codes on your mobile update every 5 - 10 seconds, and I wondered why it was doing that, and if it might put me out of sync letting it run. But you only need one of the those codes shown and it works fine. Then close your mobile app.

DO NOT forget to write down the "one-time" recovery code and keep it safe. This is shown on your PC when you complete the activation. Just dont close the browser until you're sure you got that code.

Sorted then. I tried loggin into my entropia account it asked for pocket code. Went perfect.

Go for it.

Rick

I've just installed that pocket on my mobile and I must say it went super smooth. I was quite impressed.

After installing on your mobile, just click the activation link via your PC:

It will ask you for your gold card login via your PC
Then your PC link will display you a QR code, show your mobile camera the QR code shown on your PC and it automatically picks it up and continues with activation.

Then your PC link will ask you to enter a code from your mobile, to complete the activation.

The only thing I thought was a little strange than gold card login, is the codes on your mobile update every 5 - 10 seconds, and I wondered why it was doing that, and if it might put me out of sync letting it run. But you only need one of the those codes shown and it works fine. Then close your mobile app.

DO NOT forget to write down the "one-time" recovery code and keep it safe. This is shown on your PC when you complete the activation. Just dont close the browser until you're sure you got that code.

Sorted then. I tried loggin into my entropia account it asked for pocket code. Went perfect.

Go for it.

Rick

Most of the times when I open EU-pocket I use the "next" code, not the one already displayed.
Doesn't goes out of sync. It's always works with the current code. So far is working perfect (login in already for two weeks). No "errors 72" anymore :)

I managed to persuade my partner to let me have the app on her android phone so I was saved from lock out :cool:

I have to say install was very smooth and it is quite nice not to get so many error 72 messages :laugh:

Well, here we are...Oct 1...and it still asks me to use my gold card

My Older phone which is android says "Your device isn't compatible with this version." So is my only option now to get a new phone to be able to play EU? I miss my gold card already.

Wait I have an older Ipod would that work?

Last edited:
Go up to my post on this page. It will explain what to do with your old phone to get it to work for EU logging.

I had to figure out a way to log in with out buying a "modern" phone.

would google authenticator also work?

Anything with "Google" attached to it is an NSA data-recovery system and as trust-worthy as my 1st wife...

google auth didn't work I'm trying your method now. Didn't work so guess I'll get a new phone.

My Older phone which is android says "Your device isn't compatible with this version." So is my only option now to get a new phone to be able to play EU? I miss my gold card already.

Wait I have an older Ipod would that work?

Google Auth only requires android 2.1. Your phone would have to be pretty old. And you should use Authy.

i disagree, as authy has been hacked already. but do as you wish, it's your account not mine ;)

It's not entirely if at all Authy's fault that people don't bother to check and change the default settings. It's like to not change a router's factory admin password and blame the breach on the manufacturer. Anyway, the multi-device support is now disabled by default.

Back