Gold Card Announcement

and how hard is send SMS to cellphone ?
so we dont need to buy any smart stuff ??

its enough secure for my bank to comfim depos to game
but not enough to log in:scratch2:

They could. Valid question. Google authenticator (same mechanism) can provide.

Not many people may do any of those things any more (apart from cheques which are still in relatively common use here in the UK, at least), but they are all still available as an option for those who want to make that choice.

It's not about technophobia. It's about people (customers) liking choice. They don't like being forced to make a change that they feel is unnecessary.

Have you ever had a favourite restaurant remove your favourite dish from the menu? How did you feel?

Even if everyone switches to Pocket (as it seems we will have to), there will be people who are unhappy about the way in which they were forced to. MA may not (immediately) lose customers, but their customers will be less happy. No amount of arrogant "adapt, losers"-type comments will remedy that.

Short sighted. Mindark has to keep costs low. They dont have monthly fees to prop up the ability and support for you to have all thrse choices AND to do development. This is the flaw of an rce like this.

And it is not like you have to buy a smartphone.. come on folks.. surely you guys are more technically aware than this. You can use an emulator or buy a 30 dollar android tablet with the os on it.

And it is not like you have to buy a smartphone.. come on folks.. surely you guys are more technically aware than this. You can use an emulator or buy a 30 dollar android tablet with the os on it.

I am damn lazy, would prefer to buy a device with app preinstalled directly from MA, as I did with GC+reader.

Imho this is doable for 10$ or so, and would show they care about customers and deliver a service.

I don´t want to buy anything from third party, nor do I like to search for usable emulators, or have a smartphone.

Is that so hard to understand?

Its MAs product, I am MAs customer. Why MA can´t deliver the tools needed to have my MA account propperly secured?

i am close to tears, i am shaken and staggering, my wife is cashing out now to be done before end of goldcard, because smart phones are no option here.

with our account values MA could have provided GC for decades.

i am close to tears, i am shaken and staggering, my wife is cashing out now to be done before end of goldcard, because smart phones are no option here.

as previously stated, use an emulator on your laptop/computer, no phone needed
cashing out however is always smart though

You don't have to use a smart phone.

Aren't they just small computers? I assume you use a computer to play EU. I find this bizarre. :D

You can rest well, assured that most of these posters have 1 or more android/iOS devices already in their home.

Hahaha, drama queen!

Got any stuff to sell before you go?

Can you install the app on more then one device?
I see a problem for ppl who's ava get's used by several players :)

All ok but why and for what Entropia Pocket application want access to:
- photos/videos/files,
- camera
and other
- com.sec.android.provider.badge.permision.read
- com.sec.android.provider.badge.permision.write

I ask?

I am forced to use the application but I do not want to agree to access the above functions, and what now? I must think about quiting from EU?

Can you install the app on more then one device? Mvg Cees Wolters Wolters

And how would you do this with 1 card reader?

Can you install the app on more then one device?

Nope, it won't let you activate it on another device before you deactivate it on the last one.

The people will have to communicate more often :rolleyes:

And why won't this work with the new system?

What's the difference?

The old codes didn't expire, you could generate a list and use them one by one over time (in same order as they were generated). New codes renew every 30 sec.

The old codes didn't expire, you could generate a list and use them one by one over time (in same order as they were generated). New codes renew every 30 sec.

Hmmm..it's been a while since my last use of the gc. I thought this was also time based.

Hmmm..it's been a while since my last use of the gc. I thought this was also time based.

nah, I used to leave my card in my reader just sitting there at all times so that a code would always be ready, definitely wasn't time based

But even the renewed codes don’t expire afaik , I have used an expired code from pocket

But even the renewed codes don’t expire afaik , I have used an expired code from pocket

I often try to enter the code at the last moment, you have 1-2 seconds at best after it's renewed in the app :)

great so quick search in local shops
50 USd cheapes tablet or smartphone able to run app
if want something that can fall of table rezist water dust etc allmost 200 usd

all that to have less safer metod and giving MA acces to allmost all in device
"Entropia Pocket
MindArk PE AB

read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

take pictures and videos

receive data from Internet
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping
view network connections
full network access
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping"

i paid 20 usd for GC set reorder 2 additoinal readers cause they last like 4+ years till batery were off
afther 10years i reorder new card ...... to enjoy less than 2 years safety

GC do only one JOB gives you code to log in
Pocket app do tons of stuff i dont want

ather all its another PEDS that will not be DEPOED in game cause be wasted to buy ussles smart device i dont need

Nope, it won't let you activate it on another device before you deactivate it on the last one.

The people will have to communicate more often :rolleyes:

And here is the next issue with this app, how do I deactivate it on broken or lost smartphone ?

All ok but why and for what Entropia Pocket application want access to:
- photos/videos/files,
- camera
and other
- com.sec.android.provider.badge.permision.read
- com.sec.android.provider.badge.permision.write

I ask?

I am forced to use the application but I do not want to agree to access the above functions, and what now? I must think about quiting from EU?

Thats very good question, why this app wants access to this ? Better security ?
LOL, if you ask me its to capture personal data, I don´t want to share.

great so quick search in local shops
50 USd cheapes tablet or smartphone able to run app
if want something that can fall of table rezist water dust etc allmost 200 usd

all that to have less safer metod and giving MA acces to allmost all in device
"Entropia Pocket
MindArk PE AB

take pictures and videos

receive data from Internet
view network connections
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping
view network connections
full network access
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping"

i paid 20 usd for GC set reorder 2 additoinal readers cause they last like 4+ years till batery were off
afther 10years i reorder new card ...... to enjoy less than 2 years safety

GC do only one JOB gives you code to log in
Pocket app do tons of stuff i dont want

ather all its another PEDS that will not be DEPOED in game cause be wasted to buy ussles smart device i dont need

I disliked it befor you postet this.
But now knowing what this app can do, I dislike it even more.

And here is the next issue with this app, how do I deactivate it on broken or lost smartphone ?

It gives you a recovery code when you activate it. With the code you can remove the protection and add it on another device any time. If you lost the code or never saved it, then only through support with ID verification and much hassle.

EPocket ask for permission to access camera and memory to scan initial QR code, to synchronize with server. After that in newer android versions you can easly switch those permissions off in tools/applications/permissions.

Luckily I have just got myself a smart phone!!

Unlucky for me it is a windows phone.... This is very very poor on MAs part.

Sad MA is switching to a less secure method of loging in. I guess this is a way to force people to use the app...

(p.s. I would love to use the app and was really sad to see that it wasn't for windows phone).

the real issue

The real issue here is that were forced to use our own phones.

People arent mad because of the change in authentification, they are mad because a stupid swedish game maker decides they wanna use our phone to have authentification.

It doesnt matter or its better or worse, we play this game out of free will and now we are forced to use a phone.

People really dont like to be forced. some wont mind but thats usually the people that think trump is a great president.

I for example value my freedom to decide to use stuff i wanna use. I wanted to use the goldcard. i dont want to use my phone.

Its about freedom of choice and mindark is obviously not interested in what we want.

Also the non communication about why its needed is dumb. If you want to get people to addopt this you have to tell them why.

So its not about the phone solution for most, its about bein forced to use techniques that are unsafe. Even if its safe it feels unsafe because a phone is connected to the internet.

For the people that think its all bullshit and we just have to adapt, youre not free, youre hacked by technology and you dont have any clue about what freedom of choice is.

Its a emotional problem, not a intelligence problem.

Mindark failed to understand this, just like many here on the forum.

And that is why i sell out all my valuebles and get a big withdraw.

After that i will use my phone but with no risk because my account will have no valuebles.

If mindark did think this trough better it wouldnt have become such a mess, but well, its mindark, they are known to make shit decisions because they think they are jesus christ.

COMMUNICATION

thats the magic word mindark never heard of.

Its a emotional problem, not a intelligence problem.

Exactly what that is.
Nobody can force me to do anything I don't want to do in this game.
If you don't like to use your OWN PHONE, don't use it.Remove extra security layer and enjoy the game.You will no longer being oppressed.You are free dude.Do what you want.Live your life.
For everyone else who likes to use the brain over the heart things are so simple.Buy dedicated dirt cheap phone and replace your GC if you still want to continue playing this safely.The other option would be to cry about it for an irreversible move from Mindark.Get over it, it will happen.Do what you gotta do

Exactly what that is.
Nobody can force me to do anything I don't want to do in this game.
If you don't like to use your OWN PHONE, don't use it.Remove extra security layer and enjoy the game.You will no longer being oppressed.You are free dude.Do what you want.Live your life.
For everyone else who likes to use the brain over the heart things are so simple.Buy dedicated dirt cheap phone and replace your GC if you still want to continue playing this safely.The other option would be to cry about it for an irreversible move from Mindark.Get over it, it will happen.Do what you gotta do

you obviously didnt understood a word from what i said, but well, whats new

You can't understand much when a toddler is rolling on the floor in his own tears.
Group up with the guys on the other forum on this matter.No room for you here.

I hate to say this and this doesnt happen often, but Messi did totally understand it.

It's just unimaginable how much people can whine about such a small thing.

Jeez, I'm pretty sure entropia has the largest whinebase of all online games!
If it wasnt this, you would have found something else to piss over.

Get over it people. It's freaking 2018!!

Buy a 10$ old android phone and replace that stupid card reader already. You bunch of whiny fucks!

pfffffffffffff

Back