Amsterdam 2018 meetup 31/08 - 02/09

Hmmm Interesting weekend, but is there no beer house for local brewery? Taste something unique, and not that heineken piss everyone can buy in gas station.

I bet you you'll learn something about brewing beer during the our, it's true that tastes differ but calling it piss is somewhat exaggerated. The bars sell many different beers, from blond to dark, something for everybody.

There is a "local" brewery, 15min by train and a 5min walk, in Haarlem. Situated in a church: Jopen bier (since 1407)

Nice idea a Dutch meet, although I wont be coming I am just too shy :ahh:
No your not, you've shown your face before ;)

Sounds like an awesome idea but badly planed since there is lan in Göteborg the same weekend. Would have been fun to be able to go to both.
Or,.. the LAN was planned badly, since there isnt even a thread to advertise it.
I would have loved to goto both aswell, shit happens I guess. Enjoy the LAN!

It takes about 15 minutes by train to Amsterdam
And 15 minutes to the beach!

Dear Freyr, IF you want to promote beer, atleast take a trip to Belgium ;)

Deleted...….

Last edited:

the converted sister serves Westmalle dubbel and Triple, Palm, LA CHOUFFE, LA TRAPPE DUBBEL, CHIMAY BLAUW, Kwak, ST. BERNARDUS ABT 12, DULLE GRIET, Kriek en Framboise

Dus ge bent gewoon ne zeikerd.. en ge moet gewoon de trein pakken. Ik zie je daar!
en de groeten uit Brabant!

Last edited:
If you're still wondering where in Amsterdam you wanna stay, hostel, hotel or B&B, I suggest you book a some of the mentioned in Haarlem, just outside Amsterdam. Most of us will be staying in Haarlem and might even do an activity there as well (might go to the beach). It takes about 15 minutes by train to Amsterdam so it's a good place to stay at :)

Just a quick search at Hotels.com and you have plenty to chose from :)

I wouldnt book anything, I'd take some handy cards printed in Dutch such as 'where's a good hotel?' 'where's a good bar?' 'How much do I owe you?' etc. ;)

Regarding Hostels, I've seen a few films that put me right off them! :eyecrazy:

I wouldnt book anything, I'd take some handy cards printed in Dutch such as 'where's a good hotel?' 'where's a good bar?' 'How much do I owe you?' etc. ;)

But it's Holland, we don't need to sleep :smoke::smash::dj:
Only good weather to take nap in sun^^...Or wait a second, is there in Haarlem some camping site? Grill, beer etc. :shots:

But it's Holland, we don't need to sleep :smoke::smash::dj:
Only good weather to take nap in sun^^...Or wait a second, is there in Haarlem some camping site? Grill, beer etc. :shots:

I know, I've lived there.

Amsterdam is a popular place for us Brits to partake of the local shops and 'nightlife.'

Being rather Batty, I am half awake until it gets dark anyway. :vampire:

LMAO! :lolup:

I saw the movie Hostel, it was terrible :p

LMAO! :lolup:

I saw the movie Hostel, it was terrible :p

Yeah, it was one of the most disgusting movies ever seen, and based on a true story! :yup:

Such hostels are quite common in Amsterdam. :eyecrazy:

So be carefull what you book! :vampire:

Ohh BTW, put me down as possible :)

Will try to force some soccies to come aswell!

I had a great week at Hans Brinker Hostel last year … https://hansbrinker.com/amsterdam
It's a party place :>

I am not exactly an uber or known but..

... looking forward to meeting the folks behind some of the most known avatars in Entropia.

Count me in as a Hell yeah for a few beers and laughs.

As in:I'll be there

Zophon Zoo Lassiter

Last edited:

lol, i'm only promoting the event. I could care less what beer we drink aslong as we do!

A hostel wouldnt be my choice either,... And for sure the movie didnt help improve that:p

is there in Haarlem some camping site?

There are a few local campingsites in Amsterdam itself, do a google search quite a few pop up.

I am not exactly an uber or know but looking forward to meeting the folks behind some of the most known avatars in Entropia.
And we are happy to have you! No matter the level, we all enjoy the same game :)

Last edited:

This thread needs a tune. FTFY. :cool:

yeah, and here some visitors info

Just be wary of the Dutch Police though...

i won't be able to come those dates unfortunatly, i really wish i could, but i'll pass on the cool event too my other belgian entropia playing friends :)
this should be done more often tho :) hope i can make the next meet up ^^

Mike, i so want to but i cant. Its bad timing for me. On 12-07-2018, I am being submitted into hospital Gouda, for a Bone tissue transfusion into both my upper and lower jaws. This is the first of a string of medical procedures where I am to recieve tooth-for-tooth transplants into my jaws. I doubt I will be in any shape to attend in August. Though should things change, I will certainly let you know via skype.

I'll need to know soon if this will happen.

My workplace typically wants 1 month notice for holiday requests....

(Not that I take much notice of that ;) )

Reactions: das
Move me to the confirmed list pls.

Ack … I completely forgot about something I have to go to that weekend ….
I really would have liked to go too :<

you can put me on the confirmed list!
Consider this a bump for more people to read about this topic!

mmm if not that many people are coming maybe I will come too, have to think about it and see if I can make it moneywise :)

I cant attend, the time to book holiday has now passed. Please remove me from unconfirmed list.

Hope everyone has a great time though! :dancing:

Back