Amsterdam 2018 meetup 31/08 - 02/09

Freyr

Stalker
Freyr
meetup2018.gif

It has been 8 years since there was an actual community organized Entropia Universe meetup, atleast on this side of the globe, people have tried to setup a meet but all have been cancelled due to various reasons.

We however ARE doing this, come rain come shine! The date is set, beers are ordered and we hope many of you can join :)

As for people that would like to stay multiple days, I would recommend either an AirBNB or a hotel, but there are also several hostels. Booking something just outside of Amsterdam will probably save you alot of money. Public transportation connections are very good, either by bus,tram or train.

Come and enjoy a day (or two) to to talk with like-minded people about Entropia!
Post a message if you want to join, have questions or suggestions.

Meetup dates,times, locations and current plans (wich are not set in stone)

Friday,we meet in Haarlem!

This is a 15min trainride from Amsterdam Central Station, we will meet at Grandcafé Brinkmann located on the: Grote Markt 13 (the city's center square) it oversees a huge church a landmark you can not miss.

We'll be there from 17.00. Once all have arrived we'll find a place to eat. We've booked a lane in the local bowling from 21.00-23.00, with unlimited drinks! (beer, wine and soda's) and a few snack for just €30 each. The bowling is in Haarlem a few minutes by bus from the trainstation/city center.

After the bowling we'll head back to the city center to enjoy the nightlife! For people that stay in Amsterdam, we will again pass the station so if anyone needs to take a train this shouldnt be a problem.

The last train out of the city goes around 01.00 and last bus around 03.00. Bars are open till 03.00 and clubs till 05.00.

During the day a few of us will already be in Haarlem, contact me if you want to come earlier aswell.

meetuphaarlem.jpg

Saturday we meet in Amsterdam

We will meet at the Majestic Café on the: Dam 3-7 (the center square) wich is right next to the WWII war monument. Another landmark you cant miss. We will be there from 13.00 till 15.00.

Everyone can give their input about what to do the rest of the day, our thoughts were start with a walk through the RedLight District and a visit to the original city square, continue with a walks along the canals towards the Rembrandtsplein and perhaps even the Leidseplein alot of sights to see along the way and plenty locations to sitdown for another drink and have a chat to really get to know each other.

Again we are open to any idea, people might have their own thoughts about what they would like to do. So brush-up on the local activities. You can find many good musea, the I Amsterdam sign, the Vondelpark or even the Zoo :D
Whatever you comeup with, we are down for most everything!

Bars in Amsterdam also close at 03.00 and clubs at 05.00

meetupamsterdam.jpg

Sunday there are no plans,. yet!
Some people will still be here on Sunday and some will not. so no plans, we'll probably discuss this on Saturday :)

You can contact me at: +31 6 1008 5520 (Mike) or drop me a PM ahead of time.
Hope to see you all there, Cheers!

Last edited:
Confirmed:
Mike Freyr Perry
Saphira Amethyst Star
Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
Chriss Ruben Nomad
Zophon Zoo Lassiter
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Hunter HyperRealm Cyborg
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon

Unconfirmed:
Janko SuperKanjo vd HaakMega
Saphire of Dark
Daniel DannyO Ocean
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee

If you are on the unconfirmed list and are sure you will come, please send me a PM and i'll move you to confirmed.

Last edited:
Can't wait! I'm so excited going to Amsterdam again. 10 years since my last meetup there. Not gonna wait another 10 years :)

Need to check if i can make it that date, just a 30 minute drive from my place :yay:

Subscribed.

(A Maybe - its a short flight across the channel)

I know a GREAT hostel there …. maybe I can free up those days :>

Well i do have planned to do my yearly travel to Netherlands in august, so might be up for that. :cool:

I vote to visit the Heineken brewery on Saturday that weekend! Guided tour etc. Good stuff!

Last edited:
I wish I could join this but those dates are out for me. :(

Maybe I should organise a London meetup.

It would be something fun. I might be there. Not a lover of Heineken though, because I am from Brabant.
"Wij drinken ginne uilezeik".

I can't make the Amsterdam dates but a London meet up I would definitely be up for as I live there.

Moondog.

I vote to visit the Heineken brewery on Saturday that weekend! Guided tour etc. Good stuff!

For sure, original brewery is in the center of the city and a fun experience for all. Even those that rather drink something else ;)

Sorry to hear, but please do! It's been around 9 years since that last happened. Talk to DannyO, he's been trying set up another meet, but it never happened. If you do, sign me up! :)

^^

Hmmm Interesting weekend, but is there no beer house for local brewery? Taste something unique, and not that heineken piss everyone can buy in gas station.

Nice idea a Dutch meet, although I wont be coming I am just too shy :ahh:

Reactions: das
Hmmm Interesting weekend, but is there no beer house for local brewery? Taste something unique, and not that heineken piss everyone can buy in gas station.

de bekeerde suster (the converted sister)

https://debekeerdesuster.nl/

Used to be a monastary for prostitutes who wanted to give up their sinful life. They dedicated the rest of their life to feed the "schutterijen", militions of civilions who used to protect Amsterdam from crime. They also became experts in brewing beer.

You can have lunch/dinner and drink a lot of different beers there.

https://debekeerdesuster.nl/bierkaart/

Used to be a monastary for prostitutes who wanted to give up their sinful life. They dedicated the rest of their life to feed the "schutterijen", militions of civilions who used to protect Amsterdam from crime. They also became experts in brewing beer.

NOW, that sounds cool :> I'd be up for that … going to check flights now :>

2 hour drive but sounds like fun :) Have to check my agenda!

Count me in please.

If nothing serious will cross the schedule i look to make it happen.

I saw that Tour once already, would even do it once more with you.
I encountered the very most sticky floor ever in there room where they serve the beers. Alone that is impressive.

But hey the Tour at all was fun, and with you friends it will be it again.

Cheers.

Nice idea a Dutch meet, although I wont be coming I am just too shy :ahh:

The beer call should be stronger :laugh:

I dont like beer, but dunno can be fun to see some entropians buds, hope you convince Elaina to join up :)

Sounds like an awesome idea but badly planed since there is lan in Göteborg the same weekend. Would have been fun to be able to go to both.

You're coming too, end of story! :laugh:

:smoke::lolup::drink::hammer::dancing::tux::bump:

Now that is what i need. I'm in!

Sounds like an awesome idea but badly planed since there is lan in Göteborg the same weekend. Would have been fun to be able to go to both.

Amsterdam sound's way better^^

:popcorn::dj:

So, where's the party and what do I need to bring?

:wtg:

Sign me up! I'm joining!

Flights booked and paid already :wtg::wtg::wtg:

//Eson

P.S.
This is a very nice place to hang out daytime/afternoon if the sun is shining, for beers and beach style chill:
https://goo.gl/maps/JmeELyiFYD32
D.S

Last edited:
I'm definately interested. I'm from Belgium, about 3 hours driving, but might as well go on a hotel there. Was on hotel last year as well for a commercial event. Amsterdam's a lovely city imo :)

Need to check dates etc, but definately interested!

If you're still wondering where in Amsterdam you wanna stay, hostel, hotel or B&B, I suggest you book a some of the mentioned in Haarlem, just outside Amsterdam. Most of us will be staying in Haarlem and might even do an activity there as well (might go to the beach). It takes about 15 minutes by train to Amsterdam so it's a good place to stay at :)

Just a quick search at Hotels.com and you have plenty to chose from :)

Back