HSL hunting - potential exploit

Dragoon

Guardian
Dragoon
Imagine an HSL hunting event where you shoot a mob to 10% hp, let it regen, and while it regens you use the 2500-deluxe fap (which decays 1.8 ped per click) to keep yourself alive then shoot the mob back to 10% again.

If you repeat this for an hour then the likelihood of getting a hof/uber I guess would be very high due to the amount of ped spent killing the mob.

Of course its a gamble, but with the 2.0 rules it could easily pay off. (Unless MA ban you :smash:)

Have you confirmed that it actually works stacking peds in a mob like that, or that it possibly reaches a "roof" where cost exceeds the return?

Let him try. I sugest using the Legend War Axe, the decays is way higher.

Have you confirmed that it actually works stacking peds in a mob like that, or that it possibly reaches a "roof" where cost exceeds the return?

I do not know where exactly the cap lies but hella sure killing punies with 0.2 bottomline dpp doesn't pay. :)
2.0 bottomline dpp is still fine, at 1.0 bottomline dpp you get only shrap.

Some of us have been playing the "decay as much as possible" game for quite a long time. This is not new. When I came back in 2010 is was very clear to me that decay mattered, so I used heavy decay non sib items whenever possible. ...480k skills later and 1 million ++ el globals later....

T7.2 emt-2900 here

Last edited:
There was a study done a long time ago - I bet it's applicable still today.
I think you can only get paid back 3x or 3.5x of hp max.
I'll see if I can find it...

EDIT: I think it was one of Jimmy B's tests...Here's a link to one, but I don't think this is exactly the one I had in mind:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?101842-Some-utterly-insane-tests
Test 1 might have some relevance. I swear he did a regen specific test as well.

Last edited:
Nevermind.. misunderstood norian's comment.

Need moar coffeeeeee

There was a study done a long time ago - I bet it's applicable still today.
I think you can only get paid back 3x or 3.5x of hp max.
I'll see if I can find it...

i think it should be roughly 4x. ive been blasting away tons of 10 hp punys with different guns and the max non multiplied return per mob was 12 to 13 pec. though this was before loot 2.1 but i doubt they changed it.

Not an exploit if someone wants to play uneco.

i think it should be roughly 4x. ive been blasting away tons of 10 hp punys with different guns and the max non multiplied return per mob was 12 to 13 pec. though this was before loot 2.1 but i doubt they changed it.

But what you are doing is slightly different...

Nevermind.. misunderstood norian's comment.

Need moar coffeeeeee

I'm confusing!

But what you are doing is slightly different...

I'm confusing!

i dont think it makes a difference since loot 2.0 as the loot is solely dependant on your cost and if your cost is higher because of huge overkill or if you wait till the mob has regenerated enough health the result will be the same. 40 dmg done on a 10 hp mob is 40 dmg done. if it regenerated it or not.

i dont think it makes a difference since loot 2.0 as the loot is solely dependant on your cost and if your cost is higher because of huge overkill or if you wait till the mob has regenerated enough health the result will be the same. 40 dmg done on a 10 hp mob is 40 dmg done. if it regenerated it or not.

Possibly true, but again what you are doing is a think and a different.
Could be proven with test.

GL, i knew few m8s who bankrupt like that :)

Yeah this has been around for a while, hasn't been as effective as it is now with loot 2.0.
Testing as to whether there is a max limit on healing decay would be beneficial, or whether it just adds it to that "bonus" shrapnel loot you can get.

Using a deluxe swine on heavy regen mobs (using the shoot them low hp, let it regen and repeat) works quite well if you like the swirls...although returns are still pretty crap as it has bad eff...so unless you are going for one of these HSL (and the payout is decent), then its not worth it.
But if it is worth it, then adding the healing decay (and as much armor decay as you can) would work wonders for hitting those HSL.

I used non eco setup some time ago for testing and events. But beware! Isn't so simple.
Otherwise MA should be charity company not a commercial one. :laugh:

Perhaps I'll dust off my Grindhouse Sleaze... :laugh:

Back