Suggestion: Question

conners1010

Alpha
Society
The Decay Squad
Conners
Ay up all.
I'm sat here listening to the old project entropia sound track on youtube and wondering if anyone anywhere has the capability of making that old world a reality again?
If MA had incentive enough could they run a no loot server of the same map, or could anyone that has the files?
I just want to wander round the entropia i fell in love with, before Hadeshiem was destroyed :p
Maybe dreaming lol but I would love that. I'd pay 100 ped to enter everytime :D
Good luck all and hof big!

When you remember your childhood it was all long summer days having fun because our memories trick us like that. :yup:

Check out the above 2004 vs 2010 Entropia, would you really want to go back?

When you remember your childhood it was all long summer days having fun because our memories trick us like that. :yup:

Check out the above 2004 vs 2010 Entropia, would you really want to go back?

I would go back easily to those loot windows. :ahh:

I think it would be kind of cool if MA came out with a similar programmed asteroid/planet and players could go hunt and visit etc.

:wtg:

In a heartbeat.

Aye in a heartbeat too. The feel was different. i could go on but i won't. My gallary photos say enough :) i took photos of the trip from nymphtown to the old sweating spot from years ago just before it changed gfx engine. glad i did. We dont see a lot of structures that were about back then. and the umbranoids/villages. a lot is lost.
sorry for incoherent drink talk lol. would love a look around the old place tho :)
GL

I do have to admit I remember the early years as fondly as the posters above.

But I still am astonished by the graphics and size of the universe we have in 2018.
I wouldn't go back, I have plenty of screenshots. :)

I'd like to hop into 2006 and run around, play a little. :)

I do have to admit I remember the early years as fondly as the posters above.

But I still am astonished by the graphics and size of the universe we have in 2018.
I wouldn't go back, I have plenty of screenshots. :)

That song too just took me back to the atlas haven radio days of my avatar in 2009 my second year. it is nostogia :) and it has been a hell of a long time for a lot of us. heres to a many merry few more years for us all! love the lot of you :D

*edit*
original question still stands though, if we brought the gambryo engine could it be recreated from the files? if thats not against the TOU of course. :) good night to you all. sleep is in order.

I realy understand how you feel! Going back in time and re-create those moments is something awesome.
As alredy wrote in other posts of mine I had to choose between Entropia Project and another Virtual World back then.
Both with real cash economy. The other world was my choice and I didn't regret. Also I have the opportunity to run a private server of it nowdays and still enjoy it. :ahh:
But didn't liked the old Entropia Project. I like and is my choice of a virtual world now ofc not back then

I have to admit I also miss the old PE; and I agree with Mega to some degree, graphics today are much improved but the quality & atmosphere back then was fantastic.

Remembering positive and negative; some of the old glitches were amazing, invisible mobs and getting chased by dead ones, the turrets that followed you everywhere, 200 people around the auctioneer at Atlantis, the old way to sweat and sweat camp at Atlantis, greetings from the auctioneer, Umbranoids, getting flights at Twin Peaks, random structures and remnants of the old war around PVP, Hadeshiem district, sunbathing skeletons and random caves, the oil platform in the sea I never could find no matter how hard I tried, the video adverts, orbs, blood; Gd's everywhere you went, Argos giving frequent globals and Atrox's dropping nice loot and HOF's; even the times loot was reasonable and even good.

Sharing the same dream and project idea.

Was brave last night opening my mouth lol. Must have had one too many :)
Cheers for the replies.
I know runescape the first version I ever played of that game from 2003 is preserved and paying members can get in. Or at least it was. Would love that.
It's also the minset now compared to back then. I used to be struggling to kill most mobs and dreaming of being a lot better and killing me first spider and shit lol. Also the exploration/adventure feel to it when I knew nothing. Now It's predictable. Get the biggest dps I can and shoot the biggest shit I can till it runs out lol.
I think I need to dedicate time to exploring all of the new (ish) map, although I'm sure I've covered most of it, or maybe join a society or somthing to get me doing some different stuff.
All worth thinking about I guess.
Anyway I'm rambling :D
GL out there guys and gals.

Back