Item Crafting Snaffu

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
So I was looking through the auctions for new blueprints to add to my collection and I came across a level 7 finder amplifier. I was so happy, I am very close to max for that blueprint. I proceed to look at other blueprints and to my surprise I found a level 7 finder amplifier. But to my dismay I didnt have the skill to make it!!

A level 7 finder amplifier is a level IV Blueprint and requires 7.5 Attachment Engineer.
A level 6 finder amplifer is a level VIII Blueprint and requires 15 Attachment Engineer.

Can someone please explain this? Why is the level 7 easier and cheaper to make than the level 6?
Why is the level 6 twice as hard to craft as the level 7?

This is likely a leftover from the merger of the en-matter and ore amps we used to have.

The two were not really equivalent but they kept some of each so as to only have one series of amp BPs.

Mining used to be separated into two completely different disciplines, with different skill sets (as today) and different equipment too. This meant that you used to need both an Ore finder and an Enmatter finder if you wanted to find both materials. Consequently, you also needed both ore and enmatter amplifiers too.

IIRC, the level 7 amplifier used to be an enmatter amp MA-104 - a level 4 blueprint, and the level 6 amplifier was an OA-106 - a level 8 blueprint.

Obviously about 8 years ago, they merged the professions, but although the prints stayed almost the same in terms of materials needed, there are now weird discrepancies like this to be found.

Mining used to be separated into two completely different disciplines, with different skill sets (as today) and different equipment too. This meant that you used to need both an Ore finder and an Enmatter finder if you wanted to find both materials. Consequently, you also needed both ore and enmatter amplifiers too.

IIRC, the level 7 amplifier used to be an enmatter amp MA-104 - a level 4 blueprint, and the level 6 amplifier was an OA-106 - a level 8 blueprint.

Obviously about 8 years ago, they merged the professions, but although the prints stayed almost the same in terms of materials needed, there are now weird discrepancies like this to be found.

Wow that is very interesting. I started playing in late 2017 so for me, looking around at stuff like that I am thinking 'who the heck designed this'. Thank you for the information, I learned something new... This also explains why i keep talking to miners who 'only drop enmatter' or 'only drop ores'. I could never figure out why they kept talking about it in that sense but now I get it.

Back