Events, Skills (market prices), what's going on?

lilmoo

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Mista Jagwarr Flayer
To those who have not noticed the event placements have set off a huge devaluation of skills.

Why does anything but dps and hp matter?

Wait, wait .. wait. I thought leveling up and getting stronger was a point..

Yeah.. the Terminator should have been removed long ago by MA.

You could do it

So far I know more and more weapons are more or less same dps then terminator, however it is more easy to chip out and beat less skilled players, then to go against best of the best...
People want skills and tools to be worth something, but in same time want to have same chance of wining against better geared players...

To those who have not noticed the event placements have set off a huge devaluation of skills.

Why does anything but dps and hp matter?

Skills have been devaluing for years. The longer the ga,e goes the more skills become available. As for events, how many times do you need to win cat 2 to get the same amount of m tokens from cat 10?

That’s your reason to skill.

And as already mentioned. Semi Uber players are simply positioning themselves better to win more events.

Or we could have it the old way, where u had 0 chance to win anything against players that are over lvl 150

My wife and I have been playing this game for about 10 years.

A couple years back my right hand became somewhat painful from playing and I needed a break. She continued on and out leveled me, we thought this was a good thing or at least not a bad thing. We use a pair of UL Vengeance HG's

Now because she enjoyed the game and played she is in a higher level event bracket. It's her damage profession which places her in higher cats. It's all good but we now play less and no longer use skill pills and take breaks when we get skill bonuses. It's just something that I'm sure others are seeing and something MA should be aware of.

I have no suggested solution to this. But I don't see it as a good thing thing for the game moving forward.

My wife and I have been playing this game for about 10 years.

A couple years back my right hand became somewhat painful from playing and I needed a break. She continued on and out leveled me, we thought this was a good thing or at least not a bad thing. We use a pair of UL Vengeance HG's

Now because she enjoyed the game and played she is in a higher level event bracket. It's her damage profession which places her in higher cats. It's all good but we now play less and no longer use skill pills and take breaks when we get skill bonuses. It's just something that I'm sure others are seeing and something MA should be aware of.

I have no suggested solution to this. But I don't see it as a good thing thing for the game moving forward.

Here's one solution: Restrict entrance to the same event category to 2-3 times (or differentiate depending on category - only 1 entrance in cat 1, 5 entrances in cat 5 and so on). That way, participants MUST move their skills to the next category at some point (10 Levels up).

Also, whenever you enter a category, ALL gear should be locked until the event is over. And a few weapons could be banned, like the Terminator.

Last thing, a bit off topic, would be to divide the Mayhem event into melee and ranged. Right now only rifle is the smart Choice in Mayhem.

At higher level, skills come faster than you can sell. But I am not sure there is a massive drop off in markups, I still sell chips regularly.

Skills do matter though. Sure anyone can run around with high DPS, but without skills, MA wins over time.
Once you get skills, you can start to win.

I do think that maybe PM token winners should be forced move on to the next cat, or be prevented from winning pm tokens for the next season or something. So at least others within their cat have a chance at PM tokens (before prof/hps kick them out), and the same players using borrowed gear cant keep winning the same cats over and over, by staying in the same cat perpetually with a few chips...thus the overflow of skills for sale.

Back