Question: Double Bombing - Can you find resources on the 2nd attempt?

Adventurer

Hatchling
If I were to drop a probe to check for Ore/Enmatter and receive a NRF.

Can I drop another probe with the same finder, checking for Ore/Enmatter in the exact same spot, right after a NRF, is it possible to find anything?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297826-Help-when-mining

Re-bombing or not
Let's assume you drop a probe and got a hit and the claims spawns right next to you.
When using LBML is will even say how much % of where you are standing is left to find another claim... Now you have to choose move on or re-bomb the same spot.
I tried it many times and I don't think that I did find another claim at that same spot for more than 5%. Never took notes of it, but in my opinion it's not worth it.

So very unlikely when you got a NRF in the first time.

perhaps you should drop one to look for all three resource types at the same time (making Arkadia only place possible to do these type of research projects)... and/or what if at same time you kill a bunch of mob and hit craft button instantly at same time (be quick with those quick keys, and find a place where there's a personal crafting machine outside on an LA near a bunch of span you can aggro quickly, using the highest damage weapon types in game so it all happens instantly. I'm sure using some type of bug or glitch will allow it all to happen with same button press. Maybe someone can push you away from crafting machine in to pvp so that it is all done in a pvp zone for highest returns)?

Exactly the same spot, no. Not exactly the same spot, yes.

Yes it can happen. I have accidenty dropped another probe after NRF and found a claim. There has been a threads over the years with other confriming this. There is many factors to take in consideration when mining, so hard to concreate everdince.

Yes you can but isn't recommended, if you found something very close and the second hit is more distant but in the same perimeter or you are dropping in exact spawn time swift. Sometimes it happened to me when drop made by mistake caused by lag.

You can find yes as said above but I think the probability of a find will be much lower

Not impossible just improbable

Yes I do it often, and have had up to 12 claims from one spot.

edit- I missed the NRF, I only drop a second probe after a find, not after a NRF. In theory minerals could spawn in a given time period, but if nothing is there, then nothing is probably going to be there for a bit.

Though, I have found minerals after a NRF when using a different finder in the same spot.

Yes you can, I found a couple of times like this, hitting the finder shortcut instead of running. But a couple of times in hundreds of thousands of ped rolled. The thing is, for sure there is a timer after you drop a probe, blacklisting the respective coords/area/whatever the heck factor might be, but the timer itself is not static. Don't focus on blackbox data, focus on what you can see and test and calculate with ease: decay of tools, MU in, MU out, pedcard balance, fees etc.

Sometimes when i get a claim i run over to it and drop a bomb right there at the claim marker before I extract it.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so, welcome to EU. I don't mine enough to keep track of anything really. It finds more resources often enough that I still do it. :dunno:

You can get a claim after a NRF for sure. It has happened more than enough times to several miners. But 9/10 will tell u its not worth it to double drop same are wether or not u hit a claim in first drop. Especially when u r using amplifiers. Rest you will have to test yourself. Good luck mining

If I were to drop a probe to check for Ore/Enmatter and receive a NRF.

Can I drop another probe with the same finder, checking for Ore/Enmatter in the exact same spot, right after a NRF, is it possible to find anything?

No. If you bomb a spot and nothing is there, there will be nothing there for YOU* until the server reshuffles your spots.
If there is something there, it is possible that if you bomb again you will hit another claim.

* Someone else with you can bomb that exact same spot right after you and get a claim(global, HOF or even ATH if the Loot Gods have decided to be a extra-special asshats to you in particular). The claims are there for the individual miner, not all miners. While it seems like somebody can clean out an area for everyone else, they can't.

Back