Selling: Laser and Rifle skill - Come and get it for free!

Skill is free..

You say 'come and get for free'

But if i come up to you, you say I have to pay you for esi. Therefore the skill is not free. The skill is the cost of an ESI.

You say 'come and get for free'

But if i come up to you, you say I have to pay you for esi. Therefore the skill is not free. The skill is the cost of an ESI.

Normally people come to me with esi they looted. Skills are free..

Normally people come to me with esi they looted. Skills are free..

Yes i get what you are saying, but the definition of 'free' within the context of selling something means 'without cost or payment'. There is an inherent cost of skills in the form of an ESI. Inherent meaning 'existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.' So when you say that you are giving skills away for free, that means that you giving them away without any cost attached. Which means for you to legitimately give your skills away for free you must cover the cost of the ESI.

To more accurately depict what you are actually doing would be to say ' Giving skills away for the price of an ESI.' or ' Selling skills for no Markup above ESI cost' or 'Selling skills for 900% MU or whatever the cost of the ESI is'. OR say 'Use your own ESI and get skills for free'

The last one is an acceptable use of the word free because you are notifying the customer that they are already covering the cost of the ESI and that there is no cost after that. And you did that in your post, but not in the title/Advertisement which contradicts your post. Because to say that you are giving skills away for free is misleading since you are still requiring that the person coming to you pay a cost in the form of their own ESI or paying for yours.

The reason I have brought this up is because I needed a little more skill to max out my weapon for the event and I saw your post and got really excited because I could have really used the skill to get ready, and then you said in the post that I now had to pay for an ESI which means that it is not free, and then I felt lied to because you are fully aware that there is a cost to get the skill and are prepared to make money by selling your own ESI's, and intentionally made a misleading title.

Also, there is the issue of the 10% decay when using the ESI. If i buy a skill implant on the market, the thing I am buying already has that cost factored into it. if i were to come to you and say I will buy 9 TT of skill. You will actually charge me for 10 TT instead (in the terms of ESI MU value). So not only am i not getting free skill, you are now subjecting me to an extra 10% of cost that MA charges YOU for withdrawing your skill. Because you are selling the ESI first, and then withdrawing the skill, versus using the ESI and selling the skill at the price of an ESI. And there is a very big difference between the two. Because you are requiring that the customer has the burden of both paying for an esi and paying for the 10% degradation of the ESI which is a cost that MA decided to put on the player withdrawing the skill.

What you are offering is a good deal, for the most part. (10% decay issue notwithstanding) But you are still making a false and misleading statement by declaring you are giving away free skills.

Xanato Xan Kaso:

To call you "anal" would be an insult to sphincters everywhere.

He said "free skills", not "free delivery system".

If you were thirsty and I had a pond full of water and I said to you "free water", you would bitch because I didn't put it in a cup and pour it down your throat for you.

In most of your posts on this forum, you've gone out of your way to find something wrong, and then, expansively, explain your rightness and how wrong the OP was.

It's as if you think you're God's gift to us imbeciles, put here to explain life to us.

I'm sure no one has ever said this to you, but STFU!

Xan, you forgot to mention that the implant inserter decay is not free either. I mean shame on Eson for not telepathically transferring his skills to you.

....and then I felt lied to because you are fully aware that there is a cost to get the skill and are prepared to make money by selling your own ESI's, and intentionally made a misleading title.

This is definately not the case. I don't think I've sold any ESI at all this way yet. As I already told you normally ppl come with me with ESI they looted. Maybe someone bought ESI from Auction or from some other avatar, I really don't ask ppl where they got their ESI, I just fill it up for them.

I understand your perspective - but seriously - who the h*ll would think that some other avatar would buy a free ESI to some other ava?

GL ingame and this will be my last comment on this matter..

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Bump Bump ???

Back