Suggestion: Esi

I think it's worth exploring the OP's suggestion/idea before crying/raging. Not that it'd be implemented anyway, so we can play with the idea (at NO ped cost to you (what!? :eyecrazy:)

If ESI became available in Trade Terminals, it would

* increase value of your skills (ironically, naysayers on this thread are also crying about their skills have no market value at the moment). I'd easily buy say 50 ped of Courage for 300 % if the ESI was tt price. Definitely worth it for me, and seller would be happy.
* make players chipping in skills able to use a bigger weapon/mining equipment/bp and cycle more peds, bringing more cash into the game
* make it easy to explore a lot of profession without having to grind endless hours for each profession. This would probably also increase ped flow into new equipment
* a lot of higher level UL weapons and amps would increase in price - MA could also increase drop rate to make hunters happy while maintaining MU
* make for cheaper defence cost and higher looting skills = higher tt and/or MU return long term
* give MA some rake whenever an ESI was used (10 % to the house), on top of fees paid to AH.

Of course this will never happen, because going from ESI monopoly for the Imp MKII big grinders to laissez faire would also mean a lot of players would chip out and leave the game, and they'd take a lot of peds with them if their skills could be sold for a solid profit. MA made a smart desicion when they flooded the market with skills - they made skills not worth chipping out, so whenever the temptation to play comes around, your avatar is there, skilled and ready to go.

I think it's worth exploring the OP's suggestion/idea before crying/raging. Not that it'd be implemented anyway, so we can play with the idea (at NO ped cost to you (what!? :eyecrazy:)

If ESI became available in Trade Terminals, it would

* increase value of your skills (ironically, naysayers on this thread are also crying about their skills have no market value at the moment). I'd easily buy say 50 ped of Courage for 300 % if the ESI was tt price. Definitely worth it for me, and seller would be happy.
* make players chipping in skills able to use a bigger weapon/mining equipment/bp and cycle more peds, bringing more cash into the game
* make it easy to explore a lot of profession without having to grind endless hours for each profession. This would probably also increase ped flow into new equipment
* a lot of higher level UL weapons and amps would increase in price - MA could also increase drop rate to make hunters happy while maintaining MU
* make for cheaper defence cost and higher looting skills = higher tt and/or MU return long term
* give MA some rake whenever an ESI was used (10 % to the house), on top of fees paid to AH.

Of course this will never happen, because going from ESI monopoly for the Imp MKII big grinders to laissez faire would also mean a lot of players would chip out and leave the game, and they'd take a lot of peds with them if their skills could be sold for a solid profit. MA made a smart desicion when they flooded the market with skills - they made skills not worth chipping out, so whenever the temptation to play comes around, your avatar is there, skilled and ready to go.

this is mostly a good idea.
1. im not sure the 10% charge would work or how to implement it?? like u pay 10.10 peds for a 10ped esi possibly..... otherwise theres no gain for MA. they do not make any money from skills or the 10% loss on the chip.
2. while it would cause ppl to leave the game now that they can succesfly chip out, it would NOT be so bad for MA. as someone would have to deposit to buy the skills which would be the money that the other person withdraws. so not really that big of an issue.
3. when said player who chipped out and left the game, decides to try again, they can easily buy back there skills.

1. im not sure the 10% charge would work or how to implement it?? like u pay 10.10 peds for a 10ped esi possibly..... otherwise theres no gain for MA. they do not make any money from skills or the 10% loss on the chip.

Same as it works now. You take a 10 PED ESI. You extract 10 PED skill value into it. You end up with a 9 ped TT value implant in your inventory.

MA actually takes 10% of the implant TT value and also 10% of the skill value.

2. while it would cause ppl to leave the game now that they can succesfly chip out, it would NOT be so bad for MA. as someone would have to deposit to buy the skills which would be the money that the other person withdraws. so not really that big of an issue.

Right it would allow some players to leave the game more easily, they would be able to sell out sooner, and sell more of their skills. Classic markup scenario MA revenue is not affected (directly) by this at all.

The prevailing theory is that Mindark revenue is still impacted negatively since obviously people who are trying to sell out are cycling peds at a mad rate and mindark will lose that decay? I'm not sure how anyone logics this out, it's fear-mongering.

Plus this ignores a positive impact of more selling in a market where auction fees probably generate more actual revenue for MA currently than the decay involved. In the skilling out process I mean, not the hunting decay.

The only argument against this is from the mid to high level hunters who feel that this would be MA taking other player's money out of their pockets, and threatening to leave the game.

3. when said player who chipped out and left the game, decides to try again, they can easily buy back there skills.

Aye win for the buyer and the seller.

Not so much for the mid to high level hunters who literally don't do anything else but grind mobs for ESI and events who refuse to even see what else is up (because something will come up) so they quit. The rest of the people hunting in the game won't really be affected that much.

This removes a prohibitive startup cost barrier that will add real value to less commonly sought skills. You're far more likely to sell that skill when your not passing along 8-10x the skill value in MU to the skill buyer before you can try and break even.

===================================
Here are some example numbers. These aren't precise or even calculated so if there's no gross error this should make the point clearly.

ESI 1 PED bought for 900%
1 PED skill value to create .9 PED skill chip.

The cost 10 ped to sell for 5000% retail is 45 PED Minus fees and whatnot we call it 33-ish ped to the skill seller because auction fees are hard on that kind of markup.

So we have 7-8 peds for the hunter after fees.
We have about 33 ped for the skill seller after fees and decay.
We have 10 pec decay for mindark, and around 3-4 PED high markup auction fees from 2 transactions.
Skill buyer pays 45 PED for this skill at 5000%.

Now if we change the ESI to TT value:

1 ped ESI for 1 PED
1 PED skill value to create .9 PED skill chip.

The cost 2 ped to sell at auction for about 3800% retail is 35 ped Minus fees and whatnot we call it 33-ish ped to the skill seller because auction fees are hard on that kind of markup.

So we have about 33 ped for the skill seller after fees and decay.
We have 10 pec decay for mindark, and around 2-3 PED high markup auction fees from 1 transaction.
Skill buyer pays 35 PED for this skill at 3800%.

The disparity in the numbers will get larger, the lower the markup we're discussing.

I mean for the same example in a skill that's currently going for 1100% leaving the seller with 200% profit would be able to sell for like 220% to provide the skill seller with the same income.

To the buyer this is a price decrease on the order of 80% and the seller takes home the same profit.
===================================

So here's the rock:

Some hunters will get pissed and sell out. I think this is a low percentage who are already on the verge of leaving and don't care about how things will evolve they're tired of shit changing since PE and this is their last straw. Others seem to think that all players who hunt will suddenly quit the game in disgust.

What is that percentage?

And the potential hard place:

How much more skill will be trafficked at markups in the 100% to 500% range than in the 1000% to 2000% range, and will it make up for the hunters who quit cycling?

I think the ESI feature should have been TT from the beginning and we wouldn't have been here now, but here we are.

I think that the skill traffic would provide more profit in a trickle down effect than it would ever take to compensate MA for the missing hunters.

First immediately it will mean (IMO) more mid level players casually using more and larger gear to hunt/mine/craft bigger and faster. I do occasionally buy skills and this is just a prediction based on what I think the reaction would be. This is, obviously, an arguable point. if I can get 3-5x the advancement on average for my given PED I'm more likely to buy skills. So is, literally, anyone.

Second it's a reasonable gamble that the increase in sales would be enough to offset the lost auction fees from the hunters pre-selling the ESI. Again I see no problem here. The ability to grab an ESI and throw your skills in auction in an affordable way means more people will offer skills. And the massive decrease in markup percentages simply means more people will buy them.

Third this brings us to a serious increase in ESI decay and skill value burning perhaps bringing now more significant changes in markup to the seller. After all that 1100% skill is more likely to slowly decrease over time and while buyers and sellers enjoy the increased circulation and decreasing prices more and more skill value is still getting burned.

Many skills will level out at a price where the buyer pays less, and the seller makes more than they are making today, and more skills are being traded.

Also as thee pepe mentioned when the dedicated hunters figure out how to profit in this changed economy the more active and more affordable skill market will make it easier for the hunters who rage-quit over the change to quietly return :handgun:

I think it always should have been this way. At no time have I ever had a hint this was under discussion at MA but if they did it, I personally believe the result would be overwhelmingly positive.

Really at this point it's just a re-wrap of the same old argument about tens of heavy cyclers vs hundreds of casuals.

And honestly is it even "tens" of heavy cyclers still going? I mean, heavy enough that one player shows a monthly impact om MAs overall bottom line? I don't honestly know.

But I do know that the mass of casuals and gummy bears with budgets will not be showing up until the game is friendly to them and this sort of thing is currently not. Come you ESI hunters what do you think the chance of new player retention is for an actual depositing player if they're able to skip the puny BS For a few PED and shoot a cool looking gun at a flashy mob?

Crap another wall of text. Whatever.

Last edited:
Remember, if it gets easier to quit the game to be able to sellout your skills. There is another side of the story aswell...
If its easy and "cheaper" to sellout, its easier for new players to join and explore the game instead of right now, buying skill can only be done if you are wealthy irl. lower the price but not MU will benefit everyone.

MA wins with 10% from every chip, old ppl can sellout there skills easier, new players can buy skills more easy and cheaper that it makes sense to buy skills.

ESI should of never been lootable in the first place.

i know there will be a shitstorm in the first time of implement this (some lose some MU on current ESI) but we must focus on the future of the game!

id like to add, that hunting for esi to me seems very meh.

what I mean is, so far this year, I have completed stage 2 eomon (250) stage 3 eomon (1000) stage 4 eomon (2000) and im currently at 20k/30k stage 5 eomons (around 3000 or so kills)

so roughly 6-7k eomons killed, as I did team a little as well.

ive looted a grand total of 2 esi.

while I do enjoy finding them and they are nice little silent global, they simply are not game changing.

granted I have never looted an esi over 100peds.

but I think the skill burning of 10% with them changing hands multiple times would help increase skill values again, along with the prementioned auction fees. that is a help to MA.

hell instead of putting them in the TT maybe just greatly increasing the drop rate, to get them down to areoun 150-200% mu.

id like to add, that hunting for esi to me seems very meh.

what I mean is, so far this year, I have completed stage 2 eomon (250) stage 3 eomon (1000) stage 4 eomon (2000) and im currently at 20k/30k stage 5 eomons (around 3000 or so kills)

so roughly 6-7k eomons killed, as I did team a little as well.

ive looted a grand total of 2 esi.

while I do enjoy finding them and they are nice little silent global, they simply are not game changing.

granted I have never looted an esi over 100peds.

but I think the skill burning of 10% with them changing hands multiple times would help increase skill values again, along with the prementioned auction fees. that is a help to MA.

hell instead of putting them in the TT maybe just greatly increasing the drop rate, to get them down to areoun 150-200% mu.

sure, making ESI common aswell could work.

They should never be uncommon or rare, its just hinder the game to satisfy some engame hunters... MA can make other more fancy stuff drops for the ybers with there gear but ESI should be TT or extremly common.

Back