Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Serena Sandy Mirelli
    Society
    Wildd3amons
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotyk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one is disagreeing with you that if your max bid is outbid that you lose the auction. You are just completely overlooking the other points that are being made. If your order was the highest out there and someone places a higher order, no notification is set (rightfully so but this is a short coming in my argument for auction limit bids since the only reason order is being used is to +1 auto bid up to my order amount) so you wouldnít know that you arenít the front runner anymore without constantly checking. Also orders are blind to a specific item for sale - it only knows the item name but if multiple ones are for sale it chooses one (Iím not exactly sure what the logic is for order bids)

Yep. Thatís is another shortcoming of the order system and another argument for limit bids on an item
    well i am totally down with notifications for orders if they can implement that so that you know when u are no longer the top bidder
    cheers

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    OP's suggestion would allow me to both place a limit above which I don't automatically bid, and automatically place bids below that limit, even when the item's buyout is not above my max. Can't do that by placing an order.

I am strongly in favor of OP's suggestion.

Oh and I am NOT going to take the time away from real life activities such as sleeping at a decent hour in order to engage in something as stupid as a bid war at 3am.
    .... just one man's opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2