Stalker
Son Alukat Goku
Hey there, here's some knowledge when it comes to crafting:

figuring out the level to be maxed out on the skill side:
for SIB-BPs:
BP level lower than X: (BPlevel-1)*2.5+5 or simply recommendedlevel+5

BP level higher than X: still under investigation
level XIII BPs seem to have recommended level 57

UL BPs: When the BP is maxed out on the skill side, then it should show you 81.4% success rate in the crafting terminal, to get to 95% shown success rate it's necessary to get the QR to 100.
L BPs: as those are treated as QR 100 BPs, maxed out skill will show 95% success rate.

for non-SIB-BPs:at qr 1.0: "double what would take to max a SIB blueprint of the same rank - i.e. lvl 10 for I, lvl 15 for II, lvl 20 for III etc.
at qr 100.0: less than what a SIB blueprint takes, might be half - but not quite sure
To put it short: non-SIB blueprints can be maxed either by skill or qr but SIB blueprints take both skill and qr." (thanks Haruto)

Quantity vs. Condition:
full Quantity: highest near-success/success rate, success rate is roughly 38% in the long run, successes are at or slightly above the value if no multiplier occurs.

full Condition: high failure rate, success rate is roughly 5% in the long run, seperated build-in multiplier, successes give about 8 times the value of the click-costs if no multipliers occur, near successes are boosted by this multiplier as well

Every other positions on the slider are somewhere between those 2 things.

Fails, near success, success & multipliers
Fail: no loot at all
near success: ~25%, ~50%, ~90% return of the click-costs (before condition multiplier), return can happen in getting raw materials back or residue
success: ~100-110% return of the click costs (without any multipliers), multipliers can happen (i.e. times 100 on a 0,5 PED crafting resulting in a 50+ PED global), it is possible to loot BPs, it's possible to loot a UL & a L BP on the same success. It is possible to loot Gems, like Garnet, Opal and so on, if the global/hof is big enough and you get lucky.

Residue:
L items are usually filled by using residue when crafting, the residue is determined by ressources used in crafts:
ore/ingot: metal residue
enmatter: energy matter residue
animal oils: animal oil residue
robot parts: robot component residue
leather & hides & wools : tailoring remnants
components: metal residue & energy matter residue

Looting BPs:
the range of lootables BPs compared to BP being used: -2 to +3 level and based on the BP being wanted: -3 to +2 level.
examples:
If you craft with a level 2 BP, then you can loot level 1-5 BPs
If you craft with a level 5 BP, then you can loot level 3-8 BPs
If you want to loot EP I, which is a level 1 BP, then you need to grind on a level 1-3 BP
If you want to loot EP IV, which is a level 7 BP, then you need to grind on a level 4-9 BP
and so on.

BP being used/wanted:
the BP loots are tied in the following categories:
Mechanical, electronical, metal BPs do drop/loot from mechanical, electronical, metal BPs (they are same loot-pool)
Weapons are same loot-pool, i.e. laser crafts can drop fist, sword BP and so on and vice versa
tool, furniture, enhancer, tailoring, vehicle, armor, attachment, material have each their own loot-category, i.e. vehicle crafts drop only vehicle BPs, tool crafts do only drop tool BPs

planet-specific BPs:
Some blueprints, like the ones from PP, can only be looted when crafting on that specific planet.
I.e:
- Hotfoot BPs are Arkadia BPs and can only be looted while crafting on Arkadia.
- Hoverboard BPs are Rocktropia BPs and can only be looted while crafting on Rocktropia.
- Pitbull BPs appear to be caly BPs and only be looted while crafting on caly.

"Boosted" BPs
some BPs in the game have a build-in multiplier in addition to the potential condition-multiplier and multipliers which may occur on success.
Those build-in multipliers vary from BP to BP. near successes benefit from the build-in multiplier as well.
examples:
a times 2 boosted BP that costs 10 PED per click, will give 20-22 PED per success without any other multipliers.
a times 2 boosted BP that costs 10 PED per click, can produce a ~160000 PED hof on a success when crafting on full condition and getting times 1000 multiplier (10*2*8*1000), note: crafting on full condition is always quite some gamble and times 1000 multipliers are the rarest, so better be sure you can afford to lose a lot of peds before starting such gamble. As you may lose it all due to high failure rate.

Last edited:
for non-SIB-BPs: still under investigation (informations about this is appreciated)

at qr 1.0: double what would take to max a SIB blueprint of the same rank - i.e. lvl 10 for I, lvl 15 for II, lvl 20 for III etc.
at qr 100.0: less than what a SIB blueprint takes, might be half - but not quite sure

To put it short: non-SIB blueprints can be maxed either by skill or qr but SIB blueprints take both skill and qr.

update for the looting BP section in regards to planet specific BPs.

Since i've not crafted Limited (L) items yet, i'm wondering.

Will a succes on those (always) resullt in the item's minimal tt value?

I do craft some Welding wire and successes there are 12,13 or 14 pec. A small variance, but also a bp with small tt input.

Since i've not crafted Limited (L) items yet, i'm wondering.

Will a succes on those (always) resullt in the item's minimal tt value?

I do craft some Welding wire and successes there are 12,13 or 14 pec. A small variance, but also a bp with small tt input.

The value of a success will vary across range according to the multiplier and some other weighted factors. You're right the cost per click of the welding wire is not the best place to see this percentage based variance.

L2 finder amps are something like 8 ped per click I think, haven't clicked it in a while. This means a success is probably going to fall somewhere in the 6 - 10 PED range but could run as low as 4 normally. Aside from blueprint drops this TT should all be in the item.

If you global 50 - 60 PED you will get an amp with most of the TT value of your global in it. Again, blueprints may still come, but you're not likely to get any residue or other 'junk' while the global amount is under the TT of the full TT item.

If you hit a larger multiplier you should normally receive 1 full TT item (for non-stackables) and the rest will be in residues, blueprints, possibly returned resources, and if it's large enough you may receive some precious stones.

I'm not sure if you know this but since it's related I'll add it here. You can consistently guarantee the production of full TT items by allowing the crafting machine to consume an amount of residue equal to the TT required to produce a full TT item.

This doesn't improve your chance of success, but it does ensure that when you have a success the item is full TT.

The system discounts the value of any residue used for calculating global or HoF values so you can produce a full TT level 2 amplifier even when the actual "loot" value of the click was 6 - 10 PED.

The value of a success will vary across range according to the multiplier and some other weighted factors. You're right the cost per click of the welding wire is not the best place to see this percentage based variance.

L2 finder amps are something like 8 ped per click I think, haven't clicked it in a while. This means a success is probably going to fall somewhere in the 6 - 10 PED range but could run as low as 4 normally. Aside from blueprint drops this TT should all be in the item.

If you global 50 - 60 PED you will get an amp with most of the TT value of your global in it. Again, blueprints may still come, but you're not likely to get any residue or other 'junk' while the global amount is under the TT of the full TT item.

If you hit a larger multiplier you should normally receive 1 full TT item (for non-stackables) and the rest will be in residues, blueprints, possibly returned resources, and if it's large enough you may receive some precious stones.

I'm not sure if you know this but since it's related I'll add it here. You can consistently guarantee the production of full TT items by allowing the crafting machine to consume an amount of residue equal to the TT required to produce a full TT item.

This doesn't improve your chance of success, but it does ensure that when you have a success the item is full TT.

The system discounts the value of any residue used for calculating global or HoF values so you can produce a full TT level 2 amplifier even when the actual "loot" value of the click was 6 - 10 PED.

Thank you!

I knew residue was used to make full tt items, but I did not know you could also get stones
You mention a variance of 20% as probable. With 50% being normal.
Compared to that WW has a very slmall variance of about 1/13th. Has anyone ever compared variances in different crafting results? Not that useful, but i'm just curious if there's a pattern.

edit in OP: splited the maxed out level for SIB, because level 13 BPs have level 57 as recommended.

x1250 is the highest multiplier on quantity. It's happened to me a couple times. But rare just like x1000.

Looting BPs:
the range of lootables BPs compared to BP being used/BP wanted: -2 to +3 level
examples:
If you craft with a level 2 BP, then you can loot level 1-5 BPs
If you craft with a level 5 BP, then you can loot level 3-8 BPs
If you want to loot EP I, which is a level 1 BP, then you need to grind on a level 1-3 BP
If you want to loot EP IV, which is a level 7 BP, then you need to grind on a level 4-9 BP
and so on.
Have you made a typo on my last bolded bit of your quote: shouldn't it be 5-10, given the other info?
As it's been updated with a section on boosteds, this could indeed by stickied if all else is correct.

On boosteds, however, I have only ever seen the gold and additional boosted text on info when I actually have the bp. I don't seem to see it when checking what's on the auction, for example. But so far I've not seen a bp on the AH that I actually also have... so not been able to confirm to myself that the info refuses to show up even though I know for sure it is a boosted. Anyone?

Have you made a typo on my last bolded bit of your quote: shouldn't it be 5-10, given the other info?

i've changed that part, because it was indeed badly phrased or i just did forget to add the "/-3 to +2 level" when i made the post.

Last edited:
I like what you have so far Alukat. My only disagreement would be on this:

full Quantity: highest near-success/success rate, success rate is roughly 38% in the long run

My data shows that on Limited BPs (all maxed BPs), I have an average of 42% successes in the long-term.

Other than that I like the guide, I think it's a very good starting point for anyone wishing to orient themselves in regards to the mechanics of crafting in EU, and I hope you will expand on it in the future.

If you still wish to have it stickyfied, send a message to one of the mods, not gonna happen otherwise.

Cheers,
Legends

Last edited:
My data shows that on Limited BPs (all maxed BPs), I have an average of 42% successes in the long-term.

2 years old post, i guess the success rate and base return without multiplier may indeed not be accurate anymore. I'm gonna run some tests when i have time ^^

This is only 2.5 hours worth but most of my crafting runs end up like this on maxed BPs:

index.php

Back