New Column: Durability

Is the only column i dont see in weapons...

Sometimes, i need to know about durability, but in wiki this column not exists.... them i must see decay, take calculator, etc etc....

Better see directly "Durability"... Pls, could you put this column in weapons?

You can see total uses when you single out a weapon.
Maybe that helps a bit?

Check the box "hidden columns" on the top right of the result table, then you see all available columns. Check the box "total uses", and then uncheck "hidden columns" again. The page reloads every time, wait until it's done. After this you should see the total uses automatically on each visit (guess its state gets saved in a cookie or somehow).

Edit- If you mean just the textual classification of durability on the original weapon info, i.e. "good", "excellent" etc., this isn't particularly useful and probably the reason why it was omitted in the Wiki.

San, Spawn, is correct, but for me is very useful... Usually i am a poor man in EU, then a weapon "Average", or similar is not good for me... i need to know textualizer for weapons, is more easy for me...

Well, maybe is not necesary for the rest of people....

San, Spawn, is correct, but for me is very useful... Usually i am a poor man in EU, then a weapon "Average", or similar is not good for me... i need to know textualizer for weapons, is more easy for me...

It probably doesn't give you the information you think it does. You want to look at the new efficiency rating instead. E.g. many swords have a "below average" durability rating despite they're good. This is because it's a measure of decay, and weapons that don't use ammo work on decay only so it's higher than average. The info comes from Entropia's stoneage and I assume it will be removed eventually.

You can see the same with ranged weapons aswell.

A weapon with a higher decay and lower ammo burn, can have a better efficency / DPP than an weapon with lower decay and higher ammo burn.

Example:
Millitary vs Madox IV

The text about durabillity for weapons say nothing, you always have to check for DPP or effecency to get the right picture.

To see, you have to explain everything ... with the money I have I can only afford batsim, exceptional duration ... for me it is the same: If I buy an "average" weapon or an "Exceptional" weapon, I never get global or hofs, I'm very unlucky ... I've already accepted that I'm not going to have decent hofs even of 3 numbers so, I want to see at the first glance that there are exceptional weapons, which are the ones that last me with my limited resources .

since I'm not going to be a big super-uber with thousands of peds won here, at least I want to know what weapon to buy that lasts and I have fun while it lasts, without having to look at DPP, DPS or more, only that it lasts "Exceptional".

Eventually as long as Batsim remains, I am happy.

Only was a sugestion for Wikipedia Creator....

Check maximum uses then, its already there :)

OP states "Usually i am a poor man in EU"

So if he has a weapon that simply won't stop firing.. then it can be handy.
If you only have 100 peds a month and you skilled up to level 31 laserpistoleer

then he could buy the Armatrix LP25[L] with an efficiency of 63,6 and around 6800 total uses

at current markup it will cost 63 ped to buy. It leaves him with 37 ped of ammo to shoot.

(You could argue that if you only have 100 ped, he shouldn't be shooting this gun, but lets not go there)

Maybe he also bought a karma killer once. At level 31 you shouldnt be using this gun. And with current eco alternatives you should never be using this gun.

But here it comes. The man is poor.

He can repair the karma killer for 46 ped and have 6800 uses , leaving him with 54 ped of ammo to shoot.

Sure, he will lose, "bankroll and eco/eff and level 100 gun are you nuts and yadayada."

Another example: The old low eco Opalo has 18430 uses. It will simply keep on shooting, and you don't have to worry about replacing it.

It's not the smartest strategy, but hey. I do understand it. And maybe he will hit an 8k argonaut/Kerberos and he can move on to something more eco.

Hey, It's not necessary for most of people because it doesn't mean very much and it doesn't help.

It WILL distract you from paying attention to what is important about your weapon.

The weapons with micro-decay (your batsim, CDF, ELM type weapons with <1 ped TT) consume extra ammunition so the cost to shoot a ELM edition with ammunition is about the same as the non-ELM/CDF/whatever version.

This means a weapon with exceptional durability can give you less or the same shots as a weapon with average durability.

So all other things and efficiency aside using this statistic as a key factor in your decisions is at best a little confusing. At worst, it's costing you money. Especially if it's causing you to ignore the weapon's efficiency.

Spawn gives a good description of how this can work. Save a little money every time it costs a lot in the end.

To be fair though, if you're really sticking to level appropriate batsim weapons most of the time it's a moot point.

Back