annoying issues/features - easy fixes

which issues/features would u like to see fixed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously, falling through floors is something that almost half of the participants in this poll agree needs to be fixed...

Afaik, that has been a problem for... 2 and a half years now? That's a long time for a bug that is as infuriating as this one, it really ruins the gameplay experience, and the most affected seem to be some of the bigger investors/depositors after LA owners. I really don't get how MindArk can let this one go on like this for so long, makes you feel like the game is broken.

I put in a support case on this about a year ago (was asking specifically about my RT shop) and was told basicly that different areas of the game were designed/created at different times by different people and that each individual shop/apartment was going to have to be dealt with on an individual basis and that there was no quick fix for this issue. I am not sure that this is correct however since this is a platform wide issue, from Caly to Ark, and from Monria to RT, this falling through floors problem IS happening, so how could they say that it will have to be dealt with on a case by case...?

19 - Falling through floors
You can fall through floors on spaceships or on planets, or in malls,...

Suggestion: please fix it

20 - please add your most urgent suggestion in this thread

So anyway, I vote for #19 - Falling through floors as a top priority. And I also vote for #20 because there are so many other bugs not even in this poll that should have been there before many of the others you listed, it's like you went out of your way to create 'issues/bugs' that to me, and to most, aren't even a problem really.

#20 - Preview function not working for Participant Content

This sucks, really sucks. I wasted quite a bit of ped uploading 2:1 ratio images that ended up coming in the wrong way which was a total waste of time and money because it was totally unusable. To top it off, I put in a support case about this hoping they would help or refund the upload fee and 2 months later, still no answer. Makes me feel like they are trying to avoid this issue altogether. Sure there's not a lot of players that bother with Screens and Participant Content, but the ones that do bother with it are creating something and making a contribution to try to make the game a little more 'alive' or interesting by creating new content. I think they at least deserve some help or an answer to their support case...

#20 - Dozens upon dozens of loot items not dropping on RT for over a year now

When Loot 2.0 was rolled out, dozens of RT loot items no longer dropped and have not dropped since. Things like Dragon parts such as Claws & Hides, or Red and Blank CDs, even many items in Hell like Open Source Codes and Modified Source Codes. These items are required for crafting in Rocktropia Blueprints. Loot 2.0 was a really big blow to RT and I am really disappointed that MA still hasn't fixed this issue. And it's not only RT, Loot 2.0 also affected Cyrene's loot and it seems Ark as well.

EDIT: So once again, the bigger investors/depositors are the ones to get shafted the most by this, people who spent thousands of dollars to purchase an Instance Key BP are no longer able to craft the keys because of loot issues, not to mention Planet Partner's losses...

-----

I think MA should designate someone and allocate some funds to start addressing some of these issues. CCP did this many years ago when the playerbase started to complain there was too many issues. They assigned someone to just focus on fixing bugs and issues and she fixed a lot of things in a short amount of time in EVE Online. MA needs to take a serious look at this.

:twocents:

Legends

Last edited:
I like a damn stable instead of the claim marker!

Obviously, falling through floors is something that almost half of the participants in this pool agree needs to be fixed...

Afaik, that has been a problem for... 2 and a half years now?

Arkadian shops have had this issue since they were sold around 2012.

EVERY DAMN TIME.

If you don't get to a clear spot in the shop (avatar cannot intersect any object or decor) the shop may never successfully load, making it an even larger problem if the shop has free standing furniture/decor or items on the floor that you can't see because you are busy bouncing up and down trying to load the floor.

It's exaggerated in celeste harbor due to the terrain but appears it's a problem in any estate where the terrain under the estate is not level and flat.

EDIT: Falling through floors is what I voted for in the poll.

Last edited:
pls add the revives/outposts where you can't use tp chip or vehicle, really sucks when you died from a mob..
Had it on LT's couse I was low on armor/trying to skill FA

Also, the soc buff thing is a bad idea imo...
1 year inactive.. so I need to log in once & kill a kerb?

points rewarded is also a problem the way you present it..
Why make a 20 ppl top soc if you can do 4 socs & take place 1-4 & get a shitload more points?

ROCKTROPIA LOOT FINALLY FIXED. Sorry for caps. All the rest no so important, but still those that were not in list:
- BatSim disconnect - you should be able to continue batsim run if you got disconnected after relog (timer should freeze)
- Maximum death counter set to 30 seconds or 60 seconds at least
- Loot icons glith in inventory (big paint cans of 4 slots with transperent border instead of small 1 slot cans and the like)

From that given options I did choose mobsteal although its a bad wording - addressing kill credits (loot) is the problem here.

I missed the wording in the list (I saw it after I voted). I'd like to add +1 to that also.

getting out of flying vehicle 1m above the ground and getting killed from fall dmg :laugh:

+ 1 that's really annpying especially if its some distant from revive mob spawn

TLDR

Position of storage (and containers) window gets reset on every access.

Just remembered another one, based on the release notes of the most recent VU we're supposed to be able to be in teams and loot mobs even if we're solo, but the message saying we can't is still there and, of course, we can't.

Probably would be good to fix this one too.

Last edited:
Also, probably disable the radar scrambling in PVP3 like was done with PVP4 since it's extremely buggy and exploitable in multiple ways and as a result serves no purpose other than to punish players who aren't aware of the multiple ways it can easily be worked around.

As I understand it, this was the reason the radar scrambler was turned off for PVP4, and PVP3 was just left behind for some reason. It's also apparently a problem in an Arkadia PVP area as well, from what I've heard.

Oh, and apparently in regards to Land Grab area profit splitting, past members for some reason still receive a split of the Land Area's profits, even after leaving/being kicked from the society. Due to this problem, societies are constantly needing to be re-founded which is really extremely stupid.

Last edited:
removing target next is a foolish move. That has saved many of us old timers in this game from the RSI that we used to get playing in the early days. Same with auto crafting.

Disable it in space and pvp maybe... but not in regular pve parts of the game.

Arkadian shops have had this issue since they were sold around 2012.

EVERY DAMN TIME.

If you don't get to a clear spot in the shop (avatar cannot intersect any object or decor) the shop may never successfully load, making it an even larger problem if the shop has free standing furniture/decor or items on the floor that you can't see because you are busy bouncing up and down trying to load the floor.

It's exaggerated in celeste harbor due to the terrain but appears it's a problem in any estate where the terrain under the estate is not level and flat.

EDIT: Falling through floors is what I voted for in the poll.
Amen. Mindark's NEVER been good since CE2 was introduced at placing things the way they need to be... allowing weird intersections caves, etc. where buildings meet the ground, etc. In Thule I remember spending a lot of time inside of caves hidden between the cliffs. Lots of folks used to be able to slide under the ground to do interesting exploits... Can't tell you how many weeds are still in the basements of various apartments in Calypso.

Annoying as hell falling through the floor when doing interior decorating. At least in RT you won't die doing that... since fall damage is only a few floors. On Monria the big windows disappear and you fall to your death.

I don't think Mindark's ever used a lot of quality checks on 3d modelling and programming... they should really team up with someone that does, like Turbosquid, and just make that sort of checking process a regular part of pre-installation of different junk in game... oops, they just made themselves competitors of TS with the Mindbank crap, so I guess that's out...

Amen. Mindark's NEVER been good since CE2 was introduced at placing things the way they need to be... allowing weird intersections caves, etc. where buildings meet the ground, etc. In Thule I remember spending a lot of time inside of caves hidden between the cliffs. Lots of folks used to be able to slide under the ground to do interesting exploits... Can't tell you how many weeds are still in the basements of various apartments in Calypso.

Annoying as hell falling through the floor when doing interior decorating. At least in RT you won't die doing that... since fall damage is only a few floors. On Monria the big windows disappear and you fall to your death.

I don't think Mindark's ever used a lot of quality checks on 3d modelling and programming... they should really team up with someone that does, like Turbosquid, and just make that sort of checking process a regular part of pre-installation of different junk in game... oops, they just made themselves competitors of TS with the Mindbank crap, so I guess that's out...

It's probably quite difficult to find a team that can really properly work with CryEngine 2 given that it's an old version of a defunct engine at this point, really a shame considering how heavily they invested into it by being early adopters of this, at the time, relatively new and cutting edge engine.

They've spoken about updating their Engine in the past year or two, and maybe they're working on that secretly, but I honestly feel it's possible they've just accepted they were burned and are trying to do what they can with the lousy situation they've ended up in, in regards to this, at least.

#19 Falling through floors
#20 Expand:

A.) Fixing the friends list of players who aren't on your friends list but were added from nearby distance and I haven't a clue why they are there and not sure how I'd remove these names. :scratch2:

B.) Is it really necessary to have an extra end without an exit at some TP's and outposts? I seem to always run back to mobs but hit the bogus non-exit end to run around to get out. :laugh::ahh:

Small issues...:beerchug:

It's probably quite difficult to find a team that can really properly work with CryEngine 2 given that it's an old version of a defunct engine at this point, really a shame considering how heavily they invested into it by being early adopters of this, at the time, relatively new and cutting edge engine.

They've spoken about updating their Engine in the past year or two, and maybe they're working on that secretly, but I honestly feel it's possible they've just accepted they were burned and are trying to do what they can with the lousy situation they've ended up in, in regards to this, at least.

TBF I came into the game right after this transition.

It was obvious then that they had done a real, serious minimum effort port at the time and despite a major number of promises and tens of curated lists like this, have just flatly refused to address some of these.

And with MAs house so out of order no one apparently even knows enough to push the PPs for quality OR consistency. The difference in experience as different planets have come on board is pretty significant.

Honestly if this engine is so out of date then it's probably even easier to find an actually interested/passionate expert to go around and deal with this kind of stuff on an ongoing rotation. Getting paid to flex those atrophied muscles so to speak.

This 'castle' (allegorically the EU ok?) is an historical property bringing in millions in tourism dollars every year. It requires upkeep. I mean these guys are standing around bragging about the electricity they've had piped in and discussing how much damage modern plumbing would cause but honestly ...

It's been a decade can we just get someone to tidy up the missing shingles and maybe paint a little? :ahh:

the grafix are outdated. OK. i dont play PE for the grafix.
but scaling down to 2560*1440 on a 4K monitor just to be able to read something? hello? it is 2018, we could fly to the moon with the calculating power of an iPhone!

only few players are Soc Leaders, so only few votes will be collected here. BUT:
those few soc leaders form societies making PE a worthwhile social game experience, keeping players in game (longer than without - for their friends) and creating a desirable soc ranking, which stimulates a strive for the better soc and gear - which flushes money into MAs pockets.

catapult the soc terminal from 1998 to 2018!!!

give soc leaders instruments to form and control their socs:
indicators and instruments for
- soc member rewards (like medals)
- soc member activity (like online time in the past week/month/year)
- soc tax to pay for soc activities (make it reasonable, start at 0% in steps of 0,01% of your turnover, kicked ppl get their share back)
- soc member turnover like globals count or peds (activity check)
- soc member social interaction reward
- soc member skills readable for soc leader
- soc member not incognito toward soc leader
- message of the day
- way more soc internal information exchange (not just one limited message window, only readable in soc term)

there are endless chances, i cant name them all. there is sooooo much unused potential in "soc engineering" which could make PE better in so many ways. dont waste it for another decade!

take a look at ANY OTHER online game younger than 1998. you will find countless ideas how to improve soc life in PE.

On the Item window, where you can see the details, value and information of a gun for instance. Cant it load up with the gun zoomed OUT!! And preferably NOT spinning. Then if you want to look at the picture more closely you can zoom and spin away to your hearts content. It shouldn't be the default position.

I can't read the information with this big thing spinning around behind the words, and have to deselect the button and zoom out every time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifts/Elavators that don't go anywhere else. Why do you have to get in a lift and selct the number 1 floor... When that is the ONLY place it goes. It is unlikely you get in a lift and don't want to go anywhere. it should just beam you up if there is only one floor it goes to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trading ammo for shrapnel. I can't be the only one who has turned 500 PED of shrapnel to ammo by accident!!!??
EVERY other useless direction on this game asks you if you want to do it?? And then usually if you REALLY WANT TO DO IT?? See lift/elevator comment above...
But when you go to slpit off some of your shrap for use as ammo, NOT THE WHOLE STACK, and the two buttons are so close you accidently hit "change to ammo" or whatever it says, it just does it. No question, no taking by the hand and making sure you are ok with the decision and DON'T need counselling.. We need a window of consent here I think.
I am thinking it may become very tiring if you have to answer questions everytime you trade ammo... I am not sure if the trade off to save you from changing 10000 PED of shrap is worth it..? What do you guys think? But my point is we do it for nearly EVERY other stupid decision, but not that one which I consider quite important.

Last edited:
What do you guys think? But my point is we do it for nearly EVERY other stupid decision, but not that one which I consider quite important.

If extra popups would stop people from doing it then sure, but look at the history of threads where people still do things no matter how many popups show. Essentially people will get use to clicking that popup and not looking at it...then we are back to square one. Maybe they should just move it to further down the list instead...but then they make more money by leaving it there, as once you have converted it by accident, you now need to cycle it. So maybe that was their intent all along?

9 - copy/paste buffer full
Why, after copy/pasting an item link, or perhaps out of game links, are we no longer able to paste, unless relogging first? Buffer full?

Suggestion: fix it

This one needs to be fixed, and not come back in a forthcoming version update. :yup:

Nice thread Naomi, I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

stack L blueprints
change vehicle inventory between current and grid
ability to craft L prints more than 100 at once

i had a list somewhere back in 2014 or so, then I figured out that they don't give a fuck and i'm not really sure why i even respond to this thread

20_X

Fix get stuck in plants and trees, and fix get stuck in floor, if you jump from cliff or mini hill, or at borders of water to land.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I would sure like to see the shuddering over mobs after they are dead fixed.

And even further I would like to see them disappear right away after looting like the old days, which I think would solve the shuddering mentioned above.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I would sure like to see the shuddering over mobs after they are dead fixed.

And even further I would like to see them disappear right away after looting like the old days, which I think would solve the shuddering mentioned above.

The reason they dont disappear straight away is so the corpse shows in the global pic, its an intended feature.

One I personally prefer. Example above.

The shuddering issue, I've not encountered, might be a feature of playing in 1st person. Dunno.

The shuddering issue, I've not encountered, might be a feature of playing in 1st person. Dunno.

Nah i avoid first person and I would say this happens to me at least once every 5 mobs.

I call it the "victory hump" and I associate it with trying to switch mobs while my weapon stays on auto-fire and the mob has been looted without a specific action on my part (using a loot pill).

This means that when the last shot has been fired and I've clicked on another mob to set focus, Atrax just runs up into the middle of the corpse and, ahhh, wiggles around a little bit shooting at the dirt or something.

It doesn't happen when I'm looting manually because there's an explicit action requiring you to stop firing there.

Another 3rd person one I love is when I have to move into range for the selected mob and the camera locks up and can't change angle or perspective until the avatar stops moving and starts shooting. I can stop running or deselect the target and everything is fine, but as long as he is "move to target on selection" or whatever the camera position stays locked.

Good stuff. It's so ingrained into my play habits I would literally not remember to add it to the list. That's how bad they've got me lol.

I never use autofire, so that's why I've never come across that one Atrax.

Right click shoot, right click loot. I'm Oldskool.

Fix the 1 way lag.
This item is currently busy blah de blah, yet mob hits you consistently. Can also see others playing fine, chat messages and global's scroll by, but you can't do a damn thing.

The reason they dont disappear straight away is so the corpse shows in the global pic, its an intended feature.

One I personally prefer. Example above.

That is what MA said but not sure that is the reason, but that is just me. I will say that shudder doesn't happen to me very often on bigger mobs but all the time on smaller mobs like berys especially. One other thing the mob name does appear in the chat window if you wanted to know what mob gave you the global/HOF. I did do a post and asked who all the players were, according to MA, that asked for this feature and did not get one player that said they did. It is annoying but I can live with.

For me it doesn't seem to matter both first person and third person have the same effect as far a shuddering goes.

Back