annoying issues/features - easy fixes

which issues/features would u like to see fixed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Hi, I'm making a thread about things that annoy me the most, that REALLY can't be hard to fix. I hope you like it, and I hope MA reads it too.

Which one do you think is urgent? Feel free to vote!

1 - chat windows changing size after relog
What is up with this? Why does it happen? WTF? Almost every time when I log in, I have to resize my chat windows to my favorite size again. This can't be a 'feature with purpose' right?

Suggestion:
- FIX IT PLS

2 - enhancer instant add
Enhancers take soo long to be loaded on a weapon, while amps do not, showing that it is possible to be without delay.
While it may have made sence at some point, to make this slow on purpose, I doubt that it does have intend today. There are so many fast games today, look at the thing Star is playing on his stream (PUG). It's all instantly fast.

Suggestion:
- Please make enhancers drag 'n drop
- Please add a button: unequip all enhancers from this item.

3 - The maze of used design styles in game
I presume MA has had a high turnover of programmers, who each want to prove their worth by creating something now. But is this really a good reason to have part of EU look like a windows98.2 game?
There are 2 menus in game that actually look more or less up-to-date,
- clear and readable: they are 'skills', and 'tracked missions' 3D design is sooo 2000.
- windows like professions, achievements, soc terminal, auction,... some even have double pixel font types. Maybe some of us still play at a 640x480CRT, but today scaling is the answer! Some stuff has already been improved I notice.

suggestion:
- please add scaling to options/graphics with some options like 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 3:2, 4:1, 4:3,...
- please unify layouts to flat design with transparency such as the 'tracking missions' (chat windows, hof list, auction, tranfer center,...

4 - hofs and globals
Once upon a time, globals showed up as grey in the chat windows, and hofs as white. Somehow this feature got removed. Also, I don't want to have to read the chat window all the time, to be aware if soc mates, or friends hof/global.

Suggestions:
- please allow us to set different color for globals and hofs, or at least make them FAT/BOLD or something.
-please add the possiblity to set color for team hofs/globals, society hofs/globals, friend hofs/globals (and not contact list hofs/globals)

5 - achievements
This is probably some other 'feature' once suggested/added by a new board member or designer to prove his/her worth, but what is the use for it today, other then having another function to increase the size of the maze towards understanding EU? Maybe, but only if, this can actually be a good thing:

Suggestions:
- please add another social skill: achievements
- add a function to this social skill: for instance you need a minimum of 20 to be able to start mentoring, and a minimum of 40 to be able to start a society
- please update the disciple hunt, manufacturing, mining, graduated, for people who actually have done this in the days before the achievements were introduced. They can no longer be unlocked today.
- update the achievements and add new ones from time to time
- perhaps give them some advantage: for instance: each 10 unlocked, you get +0.1% Lifesteal, or 0.1% running speed, at least something

6 - soc terminal
There have been several thread about this, please feel free to post them in this thread again. People used to really like a 'label' of being in a certain soc, considering it as part of their ego and achievements. Times change, at least for some. We live in the age of benefits and buffs.

Suggestions:
- inactive members lower the soc ranking: 1year inactive = average skillcount of avatar only contributes 50% (if your total skillcount is 200k, the inactive skillcount contribution is 100k)
- give societies a real use (read buffs), next to being just a group of friends. This based on soc ranking (top100) and primary activity. Soc nr 1 gets 100 points to be divided, soc nr 90 gets 10 points. for instance
+0.1% FB costs 5 points (max +1% possible),
+1hp costs 2 points (max +10hp possible)
+1% running speed costs 1 point (max +10% possible)
+ ...

- they cannot influence loot directly, rather be small advantages like the above

7 - auction
I know of people with multiple accounts to be able to sell more stuff I think I speak for many, if I say:

Suggestion:
- can we please have more auction slots?

8 - static game layout
scroll bars instead of 'next' windows

Suggestion:
- can we have scroll bars in 'professions', 'skills', 'achievements', 'soc terminal',

9 - copy/paste buffer full
Why, after copy/pasting an item link, or perhaps out of game links, are we no longer able to paste, unless relogging first? Buffer full?

Suggestion: fix it

10 - chat window time based rather then event based
Sometimes globals stay in the chat/system window for aages, when there are no new ones.

Suggestions:
Maybe the could be auto-scrolled away, based on time? For instance, move up 1 pixel each second as an absolute minimum.

11 - Shop lag
Is it possible to design shops that actually work? without falling through, being in the walls, shops that keep redrawing...

Suggestion: Keep it simple! The old corinth booths were fun, the malls are a pain.

12 - next target
This 'feature' makes bot hunting easy. I understand that it makes it easy to watch tv, and press 'next' from time to time. But that is not playing EU, that is... fake activity.
Especially in pvp this 'feature' is retarded. It kind'a makes you into an automated turret, instead of an avatar hunter.

Suggestion: pls remove it

13 - hp bars in landgrabs
Dragging hp bars in pvp removes the possibility to sneak up on people. Can we please hide and snipe?

Suggestion: pls remove it and make pvp real again.

14 - tiny font for target waypoints
Target waypoints and team targets are too hard to read

Suggestion: please increase the scalability, the same way it is with 'damage text size'

15 - increase spaceship weapon range
Currently path/starfinders weapon range are lower then that of quads? Big ships should have the advantage

Suggestion: please give big spaceships a much better weapon range then small ones.

16 - mobsteal
Currently mobs are no longer lootable when they have been shot primarily by someone else.

Suggestion: perhaps some visualisation that you should not attack this mob over its name? So that we can actually see it and not waste our peds?

17 - longterm events and weapons
Some people winning events with multiple accounts and sharing weapons/armors/items setup.

Suggestion: if you wish to participate, you have to 'lock' the items you wish to use for the duration of the event.

18 - private channels disappear after relog.
When we have added a private channel to our chat window, can we please KEEP it when relogging?

Suggestion: fix it pls..

19 - Falling through floors
You can fall through floors on spaceships or on planets, or in malls,...

Suggestion: please fix it

20 - please add your most urgent suggestion in this thread

Which one do you think is urgent? Feel free to vote!

Last edited:
7 - auction
I know of people with multiple accounts to be able to sell more stuff I think I speak for many, if I say:

Suggestion:
- can we please have more auction slots?

As much as i'd love to have more auction slots myself, it's just a bad idea. More auction slots just means more supply/undercutting and just lower MUs.

as it goes for my 20.:
fix the loot issues, there's still so much stuff missing.

#1 Auto-leaving channels after relogging.

#2 Old-school loot window for Hofs/global, normal loots stay like its now (with a list on the side of the game window).

12 - next target
This 'feature' makes bot hunting easy. I understand that it makes it easy to watch tv, and press 'next' from time to time. But that is not playing EU, that is... fake activity.
Especially in pvp this 'feature' is retarded. It kind'a makes you into an automated turret, instead of an avatar hunter.

Suggestion: pls remove it

Lol, massive hit to their income if they did that, and not because of "botters". In addition to that, ever heard of RSI?

As much as i'd love to have more auction slots myself, it's just a bad idea. More auction slots just means more supply/undercutting and just lower MUs.

more supply/undercutting = competition = healthier economy - even if it means more people will loose some until they understand they have to match their activity with their budget, but, auction slots should be unlimited - MA likes "micro transactions", why limit them ??? :yup:

From that given options I did choose mobsteal although its a bad wording - addressing kill credits (loot) is the problem here.

- lying down

- shop directory as auction tab

- another use for harvested fruit

- another use for harvested wood

- tp for 80 ped to another planet

- autostack summer/winter/easter/halloween mayhem boxes and other stackables which dont autostack like normal
stackables

- put a tp in the middle of every hangar: tp to a privateer from a hangar (no need to fly up), cost set by hangar owner

- remove deep space or better entry points to planets (for example toulan)

- 15 years of entropia this year, make dna drop in loot for every mob, so landowners can repopulate amethera
(and I mean every mob that can be found on landareas)

- remove the rent for events: its absurd that landowners have to rent their own land for events

- for landareas with setting "public events": event organiser gets a part of the income generated by the event (landowner can set the percentage the event organiser gets with a slider), event organiser has to rent the land if he is not the landowner, rent goes directly to the landowner. Event organiser can add fertiliser to boost maturity and density for the period of the event.

- Society fund in society can be set by the society leader with a percentage that can be set to 0.001- 0.01 % per week/month/year . If a member leaves society, society share is automatically returned to the member (set by soc leader to on or off).
Deeds can be placed in "society earnings" By soc leader/colonels/captains. Income of deeds can be set by society leader and colonels to investing members, autopayment per week. (CLD, AUD, Moon Deeds, Landareas, Shops). Deeds can only be removed by soc leader.

- Member count in society can be set by society leader to 50-100-150-200-250-500-1000

- Auto society kick can be set by inactivity in weeks,months, years

- Members who left the society and participated in landgrabs will not be suspended, but payed once and then autoremoved from income.

- the jason mask back at jason centre (newbie mission)

- the weird tower back at the fort medusa area (mission)

- the robot factory back. (mission)

- the destroyed robots from the second robot war back. (mission)

- umbranoid settlements back (mission/wave event)

- feffoid traders back, hard to reach (aggro mobs, no tp chip or vehicles) with slightly better gear than tt-gear

- the old closed mine at twin peaks is now explorable (cave instance)

more supply/undercutting = competition = healthier economy

no, it just means lower MU for everyone what leads to a worse economy... it's just gonna be loss for everyone with UL auction slots :yup:

I miss stuck in a cliff, after jump from, also if it is just a 2m cliff. This realy is so anoyng and each time you need ME or use T.

Hopefully they fix that soon.

#18 and #2

#18 this is seriosly a pain in the ass having to join the shared socchat every single login.

#2 this would be a nice timesaver.

--

additional suggestions:

-TP chips should decay according to the distance you wish to travel.. If I wanna do TP1 distance with a TP3 chip, I pay for that distance.. Having to own 3-4 TP chips is a waste of inventory and peds.

-Switching armors can be a pain if u need to move to plates from one set to the other. It should be possible to equip armor plates wihtout having to put them into the armor first. That way my 5b plates can stay equipped when I switch from pixie to jaguar or whatever. But ofc they should only give protection if armor is equipped.

-If the amount you bid on an auction equalls the amount you have on your pedcard you should have to manually have to type YES to confirm you meant to do that.

one that I forgot to add:

MA please release the 2FA code for each avatar on my account page.
I understand that someone is probably very proud for his app design, but it's just a skin for the normal 2fa system.

It would be way handy to use your personal favorite and safe system for 2fa, instead of an app that is limited to android and ios.

I miss stuck in a cliff, after jump from, also if it is just a 2m cliff. This realy is so anoyng and each time you need ME or use T.

Hopefully they fix that soon.

hate it also but found a way to fix it, just open map+inventory fast u can press more stuff it should work

- Add a loot channel so see loot as text in chat team-style but in solo.

- Add folders to the friendlist.

- Remove sticky notes from the message center and make it a separate interface, Evernote/OneNote-style: list of notes on the left, the content of selected note on the right; make notes longer than the current measly 4096 characters.

- Different (darker?) chat color for deadspeak, because now it's not possible to differentiate the live from the dead if you have ESL, which often leads to confusion.

- Add checkbox in settings to temporarily disable summons from spaceships.

- Add an ability to preview color and textures at same time on uncustomized items. Perhaps create an attachment for colorators/texturizers to perform that?

- Create API to access your data (skills and prof. levels, items list, notes, messages) from outside of the game in a serialized form (csv/xml/etc); if afraid of the traffic load, limit the refreshing to once per hour/day.

- In-game links should retain their internal values when pasted outside of the game and turn into something like [Ranked Scorpion@92a71d3e9e] or [77777, 76673, 163@595f44fe7a] - and using that data turn back into clickable links when pasted back in the game. Among other benefits that eliminates the need for "/pos X,Y" command that every new player craves for entering coords from various guides and sites.

already corrected the bug that makes my weapon goes into the shoulder, correct the graphics of the big size that is in the arms and the refiner in the belly

"next target" doesn`t work in pvp on players
i am disagree with you suggestion to remove it

Add ability to lock "Sticky Note", sometimes i delete my notes when typing text in case my cursor in note area.

20)

up to half dozen noob (alt) ubers daily encouraging creation of alt armies that drain the pool & put everyone else at disadvantage

solution: just stop it!

Re auction slots i agree & disagree at the same time.

I agree that it sux in principle to be that limited.

However in an economy this small it theoretically helps leveling the playing field somewhat. If auction slots were unlimited the big fish would very fast kill the small with temporary dumping price strategies.

Again, however, the theory falls flat if nothing gets done about alts.

Verification should happen a lot sooner than first withdrawal (if at all). Trying not to piss off big rollers & market makers by letting this issue slide since forever you lost & still lose players that choose not to take the alt route.

If one gets the feeling the market is rigged then this won't help an RCE game growing.

20)

up to half dozen noob (alt) ubers daily encouraging creation of alt armies that drain the pool & put everyone else at disadvantage

solution: just stop it!

its kind of rare imo , like 1 in how many new accounts hits a big multiplier ? but yes its been like this for years its their way to advertise for new ppls :(

no, it just means lower MU for everyone what leads to a worse economy... it's just gonna be loss for everyone with UL auction slots :yup:

I hear you guys, but you don't seem to understand that there are several (not sure if I should say 'many') players that are simply using multiple alts to have as many items in auction as they please.

In this we currently have another situation where the "criminal" takes an easy advantage over most of the honest populace.

#2 Old-school loot window for Hofs/global, normal loots stay like its now (with a list on the side of the game window).

This one is a setting if anyone doesn't realize you can have it either way. But it's for all loot there's not a global/HoF specific setting like suggested here.

With that said I'm not sure how I'd feel about an unstoppable popup if I global. I don't need to look at that pile of shrapnel any more than any other pile of shrapnel.

Dunno i'm commenting on this suggestion because i hadn't heard/thought about it and it's interesting. I'm not sure if it would add to the excitement or the disappointment in the end.

Also of all those things as a shop owner on Ark falling through floors is one of the most annoying and disappointing bugs not related to gameplay ever. WTF this should have been high priority for like, 7 years now.

10 - chat window time based rather then event based
Sometimes globals stay in the chat/system window for aages, when there are no new ones.

Suggestions:
Maybe the could be auto-scrolled away, based on time? For instance, move up 1 pixel each second as an absolute minimum.

Also pls no I hate this idea.

Last edited:
getting out of flying vehicle 1m above the ground and getting killed from fall dmg :laugh:

Another petty bitching thread posing as a poll. What a joke. :eyecrazy:

The most ludicrous part of the poll is the claim that all of these are easy fixes, while so many of them would create significant repercussions even if they were. Others are just your personal opinion. Sure, there are a few easy and obvious ones - but throwing in random, one-off fixes is great way create persistent bugs - not something anyone of us wants.

So yes, they could add unlimited auction slots with a line of code, but what would be the impact on auction activity, on shops, on advertising, on p2p trading?

Interface changes are almost never simple for a program this complex. Piecemeal changes, even with an overall plan for consistency in appearance and functionality, would still leave us with a confusing jumble. There are a few quick fix candidates on this list that should be doable and I am all for them, but it won't be the overhaul the interface is due for.

You want to remove Next target, but it is a valuable alternative hunting method to help with repetitive motion issues - I don't use any one hunting method - I use them all, from manual aim/click shooting to next-target/auto-fire. I played back when everything was a single click/keypress or cheat, and it was not healthy.

I don't think your statement on what constitutes 'really playing' is accurate or fair - this is a sandbox and we are free to play as we choose, using any of the options the platform provides, so long as it does not violate TOU. The method of play does measure the level of player engagement, you are just being judgmental.

This thread would have been much more useful if it focused on what you claimed as your intent - simple annoyances that would seem to be easy to fix. Oh well.

Peace, Miles

I hear you guys, but you don't seem to understand that there are several (not sure if I should say 'many') players that are simply using multiple alts to have as many items in auction as they please.

but they solution has to be shutting down alts, not giving infinite auction slots to everyone.

I think in addition to making adding enhancers less of a pain, it would be nice if adding Plates was less of a pain also.

I also think it would be really nice if globals/hofs on (Shared Loot) tagged mobs that were, in fact, solo kills, were credited to the player who killed the mob as opposed to (Shared Loot)

Also, Eviscerator appearance has been bugged for like a year to always look like lowest graphics settings for some reason.

Also, some TTs have items in different sections for some reason.

Also, flying mobs randomly go underground a lot and it's pretty terrible.

Also, kind of random, but flying mobs don't seem to have their corpses disappear like they normally would in instances and, additionally, the TskTsk spawn in a bunch of bugged out spots in Tidewater Cavern where they just shoot at you and become untargettable because they can't even move.

Loot credit issues definitely need to be fixed though, I've killed at least 15-30 mobs with over 70-80% hp and not been able to loot them in the past 3 months, with the weirdest part being that there were also many cases where I was able to loot them also. Please fix.

but they solution has to be shutting down alts, not giving infinite auction slots to everyone.

I see a lot of talk about this.

Since it's literally not possible the entire EU community could achieve a lot more if they would focus on realistic goals.

Better to add multiple avatars to single accounts like practically every other MMO ever and get on with our day.

In the meantime, we have the problem of NOT ENOUGH ITEMS AVAILABLE. You limit auction slots because there's too many people playing but that, my friends, is not the problem that we have.

The problem that we have is too many items rotting in storage because everybody's auction slot limit is hardly enough to float stacks they're currently hoping to sell, much less long term items that no one can be arsed to run around shouting/chatting about while they're trying to have their few hours of weekly gameplay.

The people that would undercut you on bulk for high volume items are doing that already, and you can't stop them it's really not even feasible. The best you can do with heavy manual investigation and tracking is stop a few of them, now and then. And then only after the fact.

So, to summarize, I'm not disagreeing that if everything else was optimal, you would have a point. But it's not, so the point is not invalid, it's just moot.

Let people sell their junk.

While they're adding slots for stacks maybe they can extend (for a fee) the amount of time that a non-stackable item can stay on auction. I have a shop for this but I suspect you would be amazed at the amount of gear that would appear in AH. I have had items that I would pay 4x fee up front for a 28 day listing because an actual buyer may not even have a chance to see it in a 7-day auction and I can't be bothered or may not even be around to relist it every week.

Anyways there's no "eliminate alts" going to happen. Using as an excuse to hold back good willed, active players has really gotten old.

Incorrect. People undercut because they want quick sales. One of the reasons they want quick sales is because unsold items quickly fill up the auction slots. With more slots, there is less to risk by listing high.

When I picked
19 - falling through floors

I thought this was concidered to be of low interest to the community compared to all the other poll choices.
But we are now in the lead with 14 votes :yay:

I am surprised that you didnt make a general bug fix choice for estates.
Whenever I try to move in my apartment I have to wait, for ages, until the ava stops falling through the floor and I can can take a few steps more before this happens again.

But if this was an easy fix they would have fixed it long time ago, but I dont think it is. :(

Back