Shaolin: 15th Anniversary

Orion

Prowler
Society
AO
Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
Ladies and Gentlemen, dear friends!

We are happy to celebrate Shaolin's 15th Anniversary today.
On August 11th, 2003 our dear founder Xian Li HH Xu pressed the brand new soc terminal's button to create a society, named it "Shaolin" and breathed life into it.

:wise:*Hint: Click each picture for a little surprise!*:wise:
Those were the days!

HH led Shaolin for almost a year.
in a heartbreaking ceremony HH decided to give away for free all his skills to his fellow Shaolins, when he finally quit playing PE and knew he never would return.

A short period of headless chicken run with a near total fade out in May 2004 followed.
In week long debates the Shaolins asked Eleria Orion Starwind to take over leadership then.

Upgraded demand to age and personality, reliability, activity and financial independence always became primary recruiting requirements. Skills and gear have always been only secondary recruitment arguments.
This paid out in the long run.

Recruitment chat: In The Army Now!

Shaolin decided to aim for overall 20-25 members over all time zones to always have enough active players online for pleasant chats and team hunts, no matter if you are there during European afternoon or late US west coast.
But also it shouldnt be more than that, just to keep Shaolin very cosy, familiar, private and somehow exclusive.
This member count goal was left untouched and remained the same to date.
Societies with countless nominal members never being online is left over for others.

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun!

We became very stable due to this - with a substandard fluctuation of the now highly skilled members. The development of a very familiar society atmosphere supported by the selection of members came as a natural by-product.

Christmas with Shaolin!

By increased manpower, strength and firepower Shaolin emerged victorious from many landgrabs. LA11 "Oyster Isle" with its famous Cersumon became "Shaolin Island" for years, till PvP was killed. Once the landarea even was conquered without firing a single shot, all by diplomatic negotiations!

Shaolin storms LA11 the very first time...

...and was successful!

Life is What Happens To You While You’re Busy Making Other Plans...
University
Work
Family
Different Shaolins, different Stories!
Also very sad ones.

While Oberon de Monmur took over leadership during the break of Eleria Orion Starwind he was taken from us by severe illness. Luckily some Shaolin manged to visit him, despite the vast distances to be travelled over continents. Thank you, Kira-red!
It has been the greatest honor for us he chose to spend his remaining time with us!
Let us close this chapter with a happier note.

Queen Stiletto Boots step into Shaolin lifes

While years pass by, the universe around us evolves and we wonder what is behind the next corner for us to discover.
Version updates come and go, some scared away some Shaolins, others brought us new family members.
Shaolins leave to their real lifes and return years after, knocking again at the gates of the Shaolin monastery.

After returning to Project Entropia the old leadership steps up again to newly change the fate of the so persistent society. With 15 new and some old active members Shaolin now celebrates its 15th anniversary.

Team Hunt: Some Shaolins on Eomon Prowlers with incredible 76 globals including 3 HoFs in only 4 hours on Sat, 04 Aug 2018

Active, bustling, looking back and forward on great and challanging times, being best prepared for what's next for us on and between those wonderful worlds of the Entropia Universe.

Last edited:
Congrats your journey and many more to come.

Thank you for the surprise in the pictures , i will spend hours listening to more favorites.

Last edited:
Happy 15th Orion and all.

That's some story and dedication. :thumbup:

Happy Birthday Shaolin :dance:- a lovely bunch of people I am proud to call my soc-mates :D

Big Gratz to a well respected and famous society on there 15 years aniversary :yay:
A awesome and very well put story it is also :wtg:
Hope to se u all many years still :yup:
Cheers
Lazz

Reactions: Jas
The experience that came out of such a well organized society must've been a real pleasure. I've never heard of a rude shaolin member through all those years :)

Gratulations and all luck with the future shaolin!

Unfortunatly my days in EU also seems to fade out... I do hang around sometimes and i always love to see about the past where i also played EU very much :) Cool!

Such an honour to be part of this great soc. Many memories, especially Oberon. I also met him IRL and he was just such a wonderful person.

So I'll raise a glass to the past 15 years and hope for another 15 just as good. :)

congratz for endurance and a fun group of ppl!

congratz on having an honorable soc through all these years :)

Happy Birthday Shaolin and i have only to do :tiphat: for this great oldtimers soc in this game.

Happy Anniversary Shaolin

Happy 15th Birthday Shaolin Society :yay:

It fills me with great honor and pride that you chose me for this journey and to be a part of such a great group of people.

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Gratz! Though your slogan is total cliché, it's nice to see some really old guilds still active in an MMO that is alive.

My guild, me as member, from Everquest 1 is still raiding in 2018 :) Button was pressed 18 years ago :)

A Big Gratz to you!! :birthday:

I've only had good experiences from meeting Shaolin members. Keep it up :thumbup:

Big grats to Shaolin from Dark Knights! :yay:

Congratulations on 15!

:beerchug:

Happy Birthday!

Salutations

Happy Birthday!

May your 15th year bring you as much luck as mine did!

Fantastic soc :) All the best to you all!

Happy birthday to you all with very nice members :dunce:

I guess I am one of soc’s dynosaurs by now. In spite of my multiple sell-outs (never skills though, following advice by a wise doc mate) and game breaks, I have been continuously Shaolin since about 12 years. I never regretted the decision to join this great bunch of people.

Happy birthday Shaolin, many more years to come.

Take care,
BBB

Happy belated 15th Anniversary Shaolin!

I had some great times there way back when. Land grabs and pvp and all the rest were a lot of fun, and people were mostly always great to be around. Although, with all this talk about honorable people, I have no idea how/why they let me in, I guess I was just brought along as part of the package deal to get Blondie :laugh:

Cheers fearless leader Orion and crew, I wish you all many more happy years in PE! :wtg:

Happy birthday!

Part of my name is based on this society. My brother was playing befor me and that's how I found out about this game. I was inspired by Shaolins holding the Oil Rig, impossible to even compete with them. They had the biggest impact on my Entropia life. I knew a lot of members, they were extremaly helpful and honorable. Without them my game would be totally different and I would never achieve what I did. My dream was to join them, to be like them. I never did, I was too weak. Thank you for all the memories. Long live the Shaolin!

Best regards

My dream was to join them, to be like them. I never did, I was too weak. Thank you for all the memories. Long live the Shaolin!

i still have you on my Friendlist waiting for your application, when you feel ready for it...

Thank you so much, all you Macs, Bucks, LeelooMs, Sbis, LivingGods, Spawns, Toecutters, Skeezers, Freddas, Gurras, NPVs, Roses, Enzos, Valentins, Fluskes, Naomis, Photons, NoBions, LAZZs, Jars, Megas, Trads, Bones and all the others who sent so nice and kind words in PMs and Reputation Comments here and ingame!

:grouphug:

We have met so many nice players on so many occasions, but we most enjoy the times when we can leave behind a positive impression.

Shaolin is proud of your reception, it strengthens us to stay as we are! :lift:

Back