Selling: [Redacted]

Sad!........

Put ESI in the tt please MA.

1) This sort of thing happening should be enough reason.

2) The prizes for category 10 vs 9, 8, etc. are incorrectly skewed and unbalanced.

3) Looter skill leads everyone to believe marksmanship and other non-looter skills are worthless.

Thanks

* Sorry to hijack thread but this really makes me sad.

Put ESI in the tt please MA.

1) This sort of thing happening should be enough reason.

2) The prizes for category 10 vs 9, 8, etc. are incorrectly skewed and unbalanced.

3) Looter skill leads everyone to believe marksmanship and other non-looter skills are worthless.

Thanks

* Sorry to hijack thread but this really makes me sad.

I fully agree. Even if TT ESIs extracted 10% of the skill value instead of 90% it would be fine.

But then are you selling or buying? :rolleyes:

Quite a sad situation, but good luck.

2g5f3o.jpg

They should really rework rewards.

Anything below cat3 should not have placement tokens, people should work towards leveling up, not leveling down...

It's so sad how MA does not put any effort into Entropia which pays them bills. A little more effort and new system would be working fine, instead MU on combat skills is fucked and chipping out is more reasonable than playing your cat.

It be nice if they added nontradable UL weapons/armor for lower prices. So you can spend your tokens getting something for yourself, not for trading purposes.

I fully agree. Even if TT ESIs extracted 10% of the skill value instead of 90% it would be fine.

Are you sure you want TT ESI that is loosing 90% of its value when used? It would be same, or even worse then it is now. Why? Now you buy 10 ped ESI for ~85 ped and its 9 ped skill when filled up. If it is like you are saying, then you buy 90 ped ESI for 90 ped (as it is TT) and after filling it up you get 9 ped implant. So what the point of TT ESI like that? All the lost tt will be covered by skills buyer and all (100%) of ESI price is gained by MA. So only TT ESI as it is now would change things a lot - people can buy cheap skills, people can sell skills, way more peds for MA from ESI. Only one bad thing - hunters who loot a lot ESI will suffer

Are you sure you want TT ESI that is loosing 90% of its value when used?

I'm pretty sure he was joking on that one. just a bit of frustration. :lolup:

I did have a little "shut UP dude!" moment though ;d

Are you sure you want TT ESI that is loosing 90% of its value when used? It would be same, or even worse then it is now. Why? Now you buy 10 ped ESI for ~85 ped and its 9 ped skill when filled up. If it is like you are saying, then you buy 90 ped ESI for 90 ped (as it is TT) and after filling it up you get 9 ped implant. So what the point of TT ESI like that? All the lost tt will be covered by skills buyer and all (100%) of ESI price is gained by MA. So only TT ESI as it is now would change things a lot - people can buy cheap skills, people can sell skills, way more peds for MA from ESI. Only one bad thing - hunters who loot a lot ESI will suffer

I'm pretty sure he was joking on that one. just a bit of frustration. :lolup:

I did have a little "shut UP dude!" moment though ;d

Why would you think that? I think its a very good idea quite honestly and makes perfect sense for OP.

He anyways needs to give the skills for free so how does it matter if he has to give away 75 peds or 750 peds. It benefits him as he then only needs 75 peds tt of esi to take out 750 ped tt skills and that much easier to sell the 75 ped then 750 ped. So a win-win for him and MA.

PS: Does not take away the fact that the current event system sucks in encouraging this and i totally am against such weird balancing of events to be screwing the skilled and incentivizing the non skilled.

PPS: I think from what i understand from the OP he does not mean the ESI will lose 90% value but just that the skills he will lose. However if it happened like it does now where both esi and skills are lost then i doubt the OP would be interested in that. Or at least that is what i understood from his statement.

They should really rework rewards.

Anything below cat3 should not have placement tokens, people should work towards leveling up, not leveling down...

It's so sad how MA does not put any effort into Entropia which pays them bills. A little more effort and new system would be working fine, instead MU on combat skills is fucked and chipping out is more reasonable than playing your cat.

It be nice if they added nontradable UL weapons/armor for lower prices. So you can spend your tokens getting something for yourself, not for trading purposes.

well if you wanne stay cat 1 forever until you got tons of placement tokens for everything you need is nice. it just takes you about 3 or 4 years. and in the meantime you get so low amount of m-tokens that you have like 15 placement token and not enough m-token to buy anything, let alone anything good. so you need 3 or 4years collecting placement tokens first in cat 1 or 2 and then another 6 years +- to collect enough m-tokens so you can actually use your placement tokens. yeah skilling down just for the tokens doesnt have much use imo.

I just chipped out 12 PED to one happy customer. Still plenty left - come and get it! :yay:

What I mean is something like this....

Rather than 10 points of skills taking 10 PED of ESI, it takes 100 points of skills at the same level to fill 10 PED of ESI. On the recipient's end, they only receive 10 points for that 100 lost on the seller's end. This would reduce the overall number of skills in the game - which I believe is saturated.

What I mean is something like this....

Rather than 10 points of skills taking 10 PED of ESI, it takes 100 points of skills at the same level to fill 10 PED of ESI. On the recipient's end, they only receive 10 points for that 100 lost on the seller's end. This would reduce the overall number of skills in the game - which I believe is saturated.

Yeah but nobody wants that really.

There are far better solutions, and right now it seems like based on your personal goals you're backed into a corner where you literally have to say "if these peasants can't come up with 700 - 800% the TT value of the skills I'd just as soon have a way to flush them down the toilet."

Skills seem over-saturated because there's a clear split between two major economic brackets in this game and strictly regarding those willing to traffic around in those kinds of expenses and markups, that part of the market is saturated.

To be fair or avoid riling people up there's often a disconnect between people's "income bracket" in game and in RL so I'm not trying to judge anyone or guess whether they've made a choice or been forced to play a certain way. sheesh. The fact is while there's a range of variance in either type, there's a big divide here.

If you could just sell that shit for 100 - 120% on TT I don't think you would have any problem getting rid of it. We'd have entropia grand masters in everything all the time and MA could stop tending this one construct of artificial markup because people would be able to turn over peds how they like.

Imagine all the time and demand they'd see and they could work on some level 120 - 150 content instead of the same complaining about the same things from a growing contingent of players who keep chipping back down to the same levels.

And this is definitely not meant as any attack on your or what you're doing here, it's a sad necessity of the overall situation that if you want to be "profitable" it's what you have to do right now and the nature of the RCE is that players trying to strip out money endlessly overwhelm anyone who is actually here to "have fun".

So here's a bump for your thread and it's how things work now people buy this man's skills current offer seems to be 50% under the cost of an empty implant.

I don't know how anyone can miss the irony for this to continue while both the buyer and seller get !!!!! on a transaction over one of the most fundamentally useful and attractive aspects of the game.

EDIT: lol the forum censored me on a word that is definitely not even PG-13. But it let me type "the s word" omg you guys.

The censored reference was a word describing the application of an inclined plane wrapped around a lever :censored: The forum replaced it with a series of !!!!!

I think they should remove the category system and let rewards scale depending on total amounts of skills instead.

That way a hard working tailor, tamer, healer (with lots of skills in that area) could also benefit being in these events with whatever weapon of choice.
But that also means the lowest reward should not be some crappy one, it should be something that person really needs. maybe something to further improve his/hers gamestyle hunting/mining/crafting.

The player should still be able to select what difficulty when entering though (sets maturity of mobs), but awards is not based on category.

I posted this idea to support, the close the support case after 4 minutes of me posting it, no reaction whatsoever, just the default answer.

GL with skill sell, see this is a free bump.

I just got back to EU and noticed threads like this? wtf is going on? why?!?

I just got back to EU and noticed threads like this? wtf is going on? why?!?

Welcome back to Entropia :laugh:

MindArk has developed a system for Mayhem events which isn't perfect, but it is a lot better than it used to be. One of the issues of today's system is that the brackets are based on your profession level. The problem with that is that to break even with the cost of winning one of these events (the rings, pills, weapons, etc) you need to win many in a row. The problem is that if you actively play the game, you skill up much faster than your gear, and if you want to break even with your event costs you must sell out skills in order to maintain the event bracket you were in.
Another major issue is the overcrowding of category 10. Category 10 is kind of the "catch all" for everyone over a certain threshold, and that threshold would have worked just fine 10 years ago - but the fact is today we have some players who are so highly skilled that they so far exceed the entry level of cat 10 that there is no competition between them. The cost to even compete in a way to get a top 10 spot in category 10 is so unreasonably high that you are not likely to ever get your money back unless you place top 3 consistently. To get that top 3 spot consistently you need extremely high skills and top of the line gear. There is simply less competition and the competition is significantly less costly in categories 1-8, and therefor most of us are more comfortable staying there.
For this reason myself and several others began selling out the skills which give the highest contribution to our combat professions (qualities which used to make these skills highly valued). However, the customer base for these skills rapidly dried up as there is very little incentive to reach level 100 anymore (there are weapons comparable to the Imk2 maxed at a much lower level), causing those of us who still had skills to get rid of to offer them up for free.
Well, the problem with giving something away for free is that people always look at you with an eye of suspicion. I've had more luck selling skills for 10% than giving them away for free - because any time you give something away for free people assume it's undesirable, and then don't want it.
After a long time of offering these skills up for free with very few takers, I decided to start incentivizing people to take these skills by subsidizing their ESI costs, and that is where we are today. I'm starting with Marksmanship because it has the highest contribution to both (hit) and (damage) of the skills I need to rid myself of, but when I finally get rid of all of my Marksmanship there are some other skills that will be on the chopping block as well.

I hope that helps you understand where we are today. Good luck and happy HoFing! :yay:

Last edited:

Well, the problem with giving something away for free is that people always look at you with an eye of suspicion. I've had more luck selling skills for 10% than giving them away for free - because any time you give something away for free people assume it's undesirable, and then don't want it.

That's really not what's happening here. Lol I'm sorry there's that wall of text in your thread (sort of) but nobody is scared of your offer, I can't imagine you believe that.

These "free" skills are going to cost the taker a minimum of ~700%.

I tried to be clear before I don't want to mess up what you need. I hope you find a taker at this price. I would be ready to offer you, say, 150 - 200% for them because I know that I personally am never likely to skill naturally to level 100 in a combat profession, but I still like to hunt.

Your incentive is great. Kudos to you. But the truth is you're trying to get someone else to pony up the 700% so you can get rid of these skills that push you into a bracket where it's almost impossible to be competitive. And no one who is trying to get ahead wants to accelerate how long it takes for them to get into the same boat.

I still wish you the best of luck with this but, let's be honest. Nobody is scared of the skills. VERY few people are concerned that you are personally going to get them into something shady. There might be some more people left that don't understand why, but mostly just like this, because they've missed how the situation has evolved.

As I end most posts in this thread, Just pointing out that Jack here is offering some of the cheapest skills in the game right now and if you're trying to chip up you shouldn't miss this deal.

Other players offering 'free' skills are going to be more expensive lol.

=========================================================

I'm adding this not as an edit, because I thought of it while previewing this post. It's a separate but related thought.

It's not entirely "fair" to discuss the overall issue in his sales thread but attempts to discuss this particular issue in other threads turn into ... arguments about something else.

I also want to note that it's a truth that an economy left alone will balance. This economy is artificial and some, like yourself, have determined that given a set of circumstances - holding back can be more profitable.

In any case over time things will rebalance in spite of interference so that there is competition for those profits.

This means that the players who are selecting this course are actually increasing the cost to hold back. Literally.

One person offering this skill at "no extra charge" means that someone else who wants to get rid of it is paying an incentive.

You've got to get "in shape" for your category and here's a cost to that, whether it's moving your skill up, or down.

In truth, if this is still going on in 4-5 years some might regret this IMO because players pushing forward will eventually populate levels 110 - 130 enough to open up a new cat, and they will be 2 cats down. I suppose that for those playing actively enough, that's not a real problem though.

Just sharing thoughts here on the matter. No offense intended you're obviously a very competent player and able to weigh your own goals. It's an interesting situation.

Hard offer it may take time to depo ( I play at a little lower level :)) the required PED but I'm happy to take all of your shortblade and pistol related combat skills. I don't even need them 'free'. Put them in a chip I got 200% for them.

Of course, once you put them in a chip, the story changes. Put them in AH with hard buyout at your discounted offer rate (i.e. sell full chips 50% under ESI price). Resellers will snatch that up in a minute and you'd be done.

I don't want to be unclear and for anyone who skimmed that previous post - it could appear I'm knocking him for this offer.

I'm going to risk the mods wrath with a double post. It's been some time and this post is on my mind because I don't know Captain Jack here but he's been awfully polite about me commenting on this issue in his sales thread.

I love this game and since I found out how ESI worked it's always baffled me that there's such a barrier to participating in one of the few well-advertised aspects of the game. However they're currently tied into the economy in such a way that it's difficult to discuss the issue without making a very vocal segment of the player base defensive and angry.

Meantime, I'm sort of compulsive about certain things. Like, ahh, an atrax with a bone. But there have been and probably will be other threads on how or if people think this situation should be changed. While it's sort of on-topic it's definitely not something the OP here can change.

So to be clear and with a little extra bump for anyone who's skimming the latest posts, he really appears to be offering the best deal on the market right now for an important skill.

Despite what it costs for you to take advantage of the offer, he will also be going out of pocket. Both players will lose on this deal and most of the money isn't even going to MA. >This is what upsets me<

He is also doing it in such a way that players who want to skill up are able to take advantage of his needs instead of auction resellers, who would happily help him out of other player's PED in a minute. :king:

Kudos really. That's making the best of a bad situation. GL it sounds like you're getting it done.

If people are honestly confused about the offer I hope it's clear for them by now.

That's really not what's happening here. Lol I'm sorry there's that wall of text in your thread (sort of) but nobody is scared of your offer, I can't imagine you believe that.

That's not what's happening here on PCF, but certainly was happening ingame. I stopped advertising because I became inundated with people asking questions.

Regarding the rest of your post, I fully understand that my actions today will likely set me back (quite a bit) when MindArk revamps the system again and incentivizes skills (a probability I see as inevitable). However, this game has always been one where those who adapt win and those who refuse to adapt quit. When loot 2.0 came out I almost refused to adapt, and was ready to pack my bags. After some long thought I chose to reevaluate the way I play, and rather than pushing "up" for the never-ending rat race of upward mobility, I chose to look for a new way forward. With the advent of the new event system, there was some silver lining in the clouds. I chose to reorient my play style to focus on three things.
1. Mayhem competitions
2. Land Area management
3. PvP ability
Why those three?
Because all three activities listed above are exciting to me, and historically have been sustainable when conducted in a focused and methodical approach.
Those three activities are not fun to everyone, but they are fun to me so for now I will focus on them. When MindArk changes the game again they may reveal some new activity I find fun which incentivizes skilling up profession levels, and when that happens I will focus on conducting that activity - but this is where the game is now, so this is how I am playing my hand.

Last edited:
That's not what's happening here on PCF, but certainly was happening ingame. I stopped advertising because I became inundated with people asking questions.

Yeah, I can see how a player who is new in game would be baffled by this offer.

More apologies if I came off as argumentative I'm sure this is a frustrating experience for you.

Hi! I would like to fill a 20ped ESI. How can I contact you ingame? The player registry doesn't find an avatar named "Captain Jack Daniels"?
You can contact me ingame - Ditar Misho Argi.

Hi! I would like to fill a 20ped ESI. How can I contact you ingame? The player registry doesn't find an avatar named "Captain Jack Daniels"?
You can contact me ingame - Ditar Misho Argi.

Hey Bud,

I'll shoot you a friend request as soon as I can get ingame.

MindArk has developed a system for Mayhem events which isn't perfect, but it is a lot better than it used to be. One of the issues of today's system is that the brackets are based on your profession level. The problem with that is that to break even with the cost of winning one of these events (the rings, pills, weapons, etc) you need to win many in a row. The problem is that if you actively play the game, you skill up much faster than your gear, and if you want to break even with your event costs you must sell out skills in order to maintain the event bracket you were in.
Another major issue is the overcrowding of category 10. Category 10 is kind of the "catch all" for everyone over a certain threshold, and that threshold would have worked just fine 10 years ago - but the fact is today we have some players who are so highly skilled that they so far exceed the entry level of cat 10 that there is no competition between them. The cost to even compete in a way to get a top 10 spot in category 10 is so unreasonably high that you are not likely to ever get your money back unless you place top 3 consistently. To get that top 3 spot consistently you need extremely high skills and top of the line gear. There is simply less competition and the competition is significantly less costly in categories 1-8, and therefor most of us are more comfortable staying there.
For this reason myself and several others began selling out the skills which give the highest contribution to our combat professions (qualities which used to make these skills highly valued). However, the customer base for these skills rapidly dried up as there is very little incentive to reach level 100 anymore (there are weapons comparable to the Imk2 maxed at a much lower level), causing those of us who still had skills to get rid of to offer them up for free.
After a long time of offering these skills up for free with very few takers, I decided to start incentivizing people to take these skills by subsidizing their ESI costs, and that is where we are today. I'm starting with Marksmanship because it has the highest contribution to both (hit) and (damage) of the skills I need to rid myself of, but when I finally get rid of all of my Marksmanship there are some other skills that will be on the chopping block as well.

I hope that helps you understand where we are today. Good luck and happy HoFing! :yay:

Spot on! +rep if I hadn't already given it to you recently :)

Therefore I still believe a system of proportional reward can be balanced:
- everyone who meets the 20h and other criteria gets a place
- the list of competitors is as long as there are qualifiers, equalling in 1 long list
- MA sets a certain amount of tokens and other rewards, which are divided proportionally according to your points
- there are 10 or more categories to hunt in. Each higher category gives twice the points of the lower one. Usually competing in a higher category will equal into more points, but not always

Now if you place, you can say, I'm for instance, 49th in all of entropia, and work your way up.
You will not fall outside of a category by becoming 11th in it, actually your reward will be very close to nr10
It will no longer suck to be 4th instead of 3rd
Many people who couldn't place in top10, will now participate
Many people will skill up again

GL with your selling thread, didn't intent to hijack it, but since it already was... :p

Back