First Moon mining impressions?

LeelooM

Prowler
Society
Spectra
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
The Arkadian moon is here and I'm sure some have tested out the mining there?

So please feel free to put your first impressions here.

Of what I've heard ..... resources as at any other planet but 5% taxes everywhere.

Last edited:
5% taxed, cant leave with loot, terrain makes mining in many areas a chore (stiff hills/mountains/pits, no new resources or bps at this time. Would wait until thier upcoming patch before trying mining there if i were you.

waste time

Mainly NARC / DURU / GAZZ
TOP : Terrudite / Platinum
Trash : Lysterium

yes i did ore only
maybe push 1km deep no amp to see if something worth but hell no atm
no point

Last edited:
Agree it is very mountainous.

I found Dianthus and Garcen

I do like the planet side vibe with the indoor mining loot approach. That's really the stand out feature.

What's also striking so far is that no ark specific ores/enmats found. (Been through 15 level 5 amps last 48hrs). May be coincidence but who knows. Might it even become a compromise which means that AU will be stripped of all generic ores/enmats? Would not be the worst strategy to make a distinction there.

Mobs are rather unspectacular & spawns pretty thin. Ideal for mining but not my can of beer for hunting. Only few spots with slightly thicker spawns.

There seems to be a semi-permanent spawn of shared Smuggler Mechs, which is cool!

Overall sure has some potential. Just not sure if it was/is in the interest of deedholders AU & Moon to have the 2 competing for the same traffic. A-Team may have to find more ways to distinguish the 2 locations.

As for the whole pvp, pirating issue & no space stations/tps to avoid being mugged, this probably can't stand for long. Why should anyone take that risk if anything you can get on the moon is also available pretty much everywhere else?

As for the whole pvp, pirating issue & no space stations/tps to avoid being mugged, this probably can't stand for long. Why should anyone take that risk if anything you can get on the moon is also available pretty much everywhere else?

Right now none of the mining or crafting additions are in yet so, plenty of people are happy to wait and see about the PVP thing.

THAT is not good for AU or AM deed holders :hammer:

Moon is decent, indoor mining though which can suck at times without a decent bankroll to ride out the waves. Not really worth mining now though since the TP down to planet is confirmed to be "not working as intended."

The tax is no different than any other indoor mining, exception perhaps of a dome with a lowered rate.

I would argue that worrying about tax at all is misplaced, since every piece of land is already "taxed".

The only difference is who gets paid,
If its on Caly and not a land area, it is taxes collected for CLD income.
If on Caly and is player land area, land owner gets the tax (and control of it) CLDs would have gotten for that area.

If on RT and not a land area, ND gets the tax. If land area owned by someone other than ND, they get the tax, he would normally get.

Same for Ark, if not on land area then the PP gets tax.

In other words, when you buy a deed to an area, you are ultimately buying the right to take over control and collect taxes for that area....taxes that are already generated for all areas.

As far as the deed income:
I suspect that the AU has been considered, and we will be seeing revenue in AU for awhile before the moon while people finish off AU Smuggler missions, to enjoy new Smuggler content coming to the moon later.

...since the TP down to planet is confirmed to be "not working as intended."

Did you have any link to that? I'm practically hovering over ark forum they haven't addressed any issue there except that there's a bug when you leave the planet.

There's certainly nothing in the list of known issues they posted a couple hours ago about spawning from the moon into PVP or TPing to the planet.

I would argue that worrying about tax at all is misplaced, since every piece of land is already "taxed".

If on Caly and is player land area, land owner gets the tax (and control of it) CLDs would have gotten for that area.

think you'll find La's are 5% in addition to the planet tax, Ma dont simply give land area owners their income ;)

think you'll find La's are 5% in addition to the planet tax, Ma dont simply give land area owners their income ;)

Yep, i would think so too. If the tax would not be additional, then everywhere in each LA would be taken maximum %...

I dropped 4 terra amp 8s triple drop on moon right at the open.

Amp 1: 1 xv hit of bronze alloy (160ped)
Amp 2: 1 xv hit of duru (170ped)
Amp 3: 1 xv hit of flint arrow head (187ped)
Amp 4: nothing

About -1500ped.

Ya i know, i was gambling... just wanted to post my results :ahh:

Moon is decent, indoor mining though which can suck at times without a decent bankroll to ride out the waves. Not really worth mining now though since the TP down to planet is confirmed to be "not working as intended."

The tax is no different than any other indoor mining, exception perhaps of a dome with a lowered rate.

If on RT and not a land area, ND gets the tax. If land area owned by someone other than ND, they get the tax, he would normally get.

In other words, when you buy a deed to an area, you are ultimately buying the right to take over control and collect taxes for that area....taxes that are already generated for all areas.

I suspect that the AU has been considered, and we will be seeing revenue in AU for awhile before the moon while people finish off AU Smuggler missions, to enjoy new Smuggler content coming to the moon later.

thats not true. monria features indoor mining and has 0% tax.

oh and please tell me, did anyone get a notice entering a taxed landarea, like it happens everywhere else, even in underground? because i think i didn't when i entered the moon...

on the other side, you also don't get one on caly, and still someone pays for CLD revenue. must be a hidden tax somewhere too, huh?

so you think that the monria staff works for love and fresh air only, and monria has zero income? i think you're wrong :)

they get the same as e.g. the ark dev team. or do you say the non LA areas on ark are taxed? come and use ur brain dude

the planet partners all always get their cut. but untaxed means that there is no ADDITIONAL tax for a player / collective owning said area.

oh and please tell me, did anyone get a notice entering a taxed landarea, like it happens everywhere else, even in underground? because i think i didn't when i entered the moon...

on the other side, you also don't get one on caly, and still someone pays for CLD revenue. must be a hidden tax somewhere too, huh?

You get a 5% message on the moon, monria splits planet revenue with MA like all planet partners, the 5% tax on the ug and the moon is another 5% out of your tt return ontop of that :)

well

Theory : PP only get income in form decays
because this monria have 0% tax and tt return is better , this info as alred confirmed thousand time between hunt/minning taxed or not taxed feel free to test

Reality : Mindark usual take their cut between 2-5% depend you setup and skills
and if you mine/hunt in taxed area -> you get another cut based tax as apply its is

i Dont going say its impossible get tt 100% over 300k ped cycled per moth in any case
because is a lie you can

https://www.entropiaplatform.com/partners/business-model/ if you dont know yet
about decay check mindark posts i lazy to pick

well
because this monria have 0% tax and tt return is better

Oh dear

TT returns is the same EVERYWHERE. It is the same damn algorithm.

All LA tax is added on top - everywhere.

Rgds

so you think that the monria staff works for love and fresh air only, and monria has zero income? i think you're wrong :)

Monria isn't a land area; they get paid the same way planet owners do (major slice is from people who is "born" there).

Consider that Planet Arkadia staff doesn't get Money from the land areas; the land owners do (unless it's land areas that are officially owned).

Consider that Planet Arkadia staff doesn't get Money from the land areas; the land owners do (unless it's land areas that are officially owned).
I still think they get the normal revenue of all the planet, of it is a taxed area that comes on top of that

Well, as a miner I really do not care who get's the taxes

Only thing that is important for the miner is that he gets 5% less from every claim he finds so in the long run ...... HUGE loss for the miner

Unless I can mine resources that cannot be found anywhere else it's not worth mining in an area where you pay taxes. This count's for mining on any planet, in- or outdoor.

This is entire my opinion of course.

It is a lot easier to mine there than the underground with all its tunnels.

As people said, minimal content, no specifics ressources, no items in loot, very thin spawns...
Looks like the Moon is in beta test right now. :rolleyes:

Anyway there is one thing I thought could be better than on Ark, and I was disapointed, it's about the hunt missions skill rewards.

Again there is no choice in skill rewards.
At least it looks like, a friend completed a stage and get Club skill whith no other choices.

I like Arkadia, and I like many mobs there, but I don't hunt 75% of them cause I don't need and don't want the skill in reward.
And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. :wise:

I think all hunt missions on Caly gives you at least 3 choices for skill rewards.

I don't care about Club skill, I don't use it, I don't want BLP, I don't want short blade.. etc..

So please Ark Devs, why not add some CHOICES in skills reward for missions ?
It's never too late. :beerchug:

EDIT: I read too fast "First Moon impressions" and forgot about the "mining" word, sorry for off-topic :)

Last edited:
Only thing that is important for the miner is that he gets 5% less from every claim he finds so in the long run ...... HUGE loss for the miner

Unless I can mine resources that cannot be found anywhere else it's not worth mining in an area where you pay taxes. This count's for mining on any planet, in- or outdoor.

Besides taxes, there is Always the problem with getting away with what you mine. Right now, only safe way to do it is to put it in auction, and them you will have to take transport COSTs into account. It works for rare minerals where the the markup can pay for auction fees and it's hard to get it on the local auction on the major planets, but it's harder for minerals where markup is say 110%.

I assume noone (who isn't a well known pirate) would currently even consider trying to get their own mined stuff from moon; if you get shot down you get 0% back with is less than trade terminal's 100%.

In a way it's a parallell to the VU9 CND: No storage (unless you had an apartment to stack in) made an opportunity for local traders. On the other hand, those local traders were able to travel down safely to planet at a cost without risk of getting looted.

But again, if minerals with markup such as pyrite, would be found it could increase the activity. And treasure mining could be fun if you are able to get items such as vases (boxes), paintings and such.

Last edited:

Would be funny tbh, players get warned "caution caution 5% tax area!!!" and that means MA is losing these 5% tax and not the player? very weird indeed....

For me 5% tax means player pay 5% extra and MA profits the same, that's why player get warned and not MA...

Last edited:
Back