Are you a Good Entropia Universe Customer?

Are you a good Entropia Univere Customer

• Yes

Votes: 86 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Interesting question though.

I think it depends what you are comparing it to. One could spend ages on a game and only ever pay £30 for it, or less if it is older/re-released or got in a steam sale.

In an era of many people making things "free" and just advertising or profiling folks for monies one could say that MA have had a lot of cash out of me over the years compared to that £30 or less for another game.

But then you could ask, what If I'd subscribed to WoW for 14 years at £15 a month or whatever it is. In which case I could say I've had a cheap deal from MA, an MMO I can play in on my whim for all these years.

Yes I could get cash back if I sold my stuff but it's fair to say either I, or someone else won't so MA get to keep the money more or less.

I've contributed some in my years though. Spent a lot of time helping newbies and also contributed to community stuff like the magazines (check the Calypso Post for some of my stuff). Reported a lot of bugs.

But if you compared me to an regular depositor, I'd sure be looking pretty shabby over the last few years.

I suspect, if MA were to be looking at a more healthy sustainable game, I'd be fairly ideal. Someone who goes the distance doesn't log in too much so not a massive strain on resources but occasionally chucks something their way (although not really since CLDs).

Anyhow good topic

Wistrel

ill answer fast both question.

Everyone is important, no matter if you deposit 10dollars or 1000dollar or you dont deposit at all but somehow contributes to the system.
Yes also a trader that manages to withdraw montly is important, even without depositing, contributes to keep good markup on items and keeps your weapon with a stable value, no matter if there are 1million or 100active players.

People who play "for free" also also the most important, because they costitute the enormous playerbase of the game, how can you show off your new armor if anyone cant see it?

Newbies are the most important, they are the future, sometimes 5 ped given away makes the difference.

Haters and disruptive people are important, there is no good without evil. U can either complain or ask for help or both, still u are giving importance to the system. A wise man say "doesnt matter if you talk good or bad about something, as long as you talk about it"

Besides my service pedtoclick being upgraded right now I meet all of those standards.
Heck you could even argue that i still do because of entropiatutorial.com

I had looked at that entropiatutorial website a while back and it was awesome. Nice template. Have not gone through the content but quite honestly the biggest problem with EU is the steep learning curve. Any service anyone provides to bridge that is a huge help. I would suggest having some youtube tutorials etc out there as well in a stage wise fashion, a videlogue of sorts of what someone new to EU should do on joining. People just find video more interesting then text in my experience. Irrespective, good work.

I vote no. Only depostied once to buy a booth many years back, since then my avater is worth hell lot more. I have not withdrawed, but play for fun and with out worry of loss.

Just my personal opinion but i feel if you don't withdraw you really have just deposited so far. I use withdrawal as my vote of non confidence symbolism in EU towards Mindark. :)

Personally, I think so. Neg Rep me if you disagree though as I might just be delusional :D

I have deposited a fairly large amount, and I produce a fair amount of decay on a regular basis. I contribute to events, a sell markup and on occasion, I buy it as well. Oh, and I lose a lot of ped :)

I've put out some Youtube videos for EU, though I am pretty lazy with it. I am however very active in the Discord and always try to help new players to the best of my ability.

Yes and discord is an important channel in the marketing world today so i would say thats good service and i have seen how active you are. Good on ya man.

Interesting question though.

Wistrel

Very few people are capable of thinking from different perspectives without bias. I am glad to read your response as it does that very well.

ill answer fast both question.

You said u will answer both questions but i see only one question being answered. ;)

Good to hear so very many point of views. There is usually no right and wrong just different perspectives of different peopel. Even the ethics of people is dictated by what the social norms are prevalent in that demography.

Cheers,

Divinity

I had looked at that entropiatutorial website a while back and it was awesome. Nice template. Have not gone through the content but quite honestly the biggest problem with EU is the steep learning curve. Any service anyone provides to bridge that is a huge help. I would suggest having some youtube tutorials etc out there as well in a stage wise fashion, a videlogue of sorts of what someone new to EU should do on joining. People just find video more interesting then text in my experience. Irrespective, good work.

Cheers,

Divinity
There are lots of youtube videos already in there :)

we already pay 5% "subscriptions" so we are all good customers
the % of people who withdraw profits without knowing a member of MA from near or far must be minimal I think

Last edited:
we already pay 5% subscriptions so we are all good customers
the % of people who withdraw profits without knowing a member of MA from near or far must be minimal I think

I had no clue EU had a subscription charge ? Are you sure we are playing the same game?

Also 27% of the people who voted here are agreeing to not being one so i feel your estimates are a little off. This 27% was at least honest enough to accept what they are.

I had no clue EU had a subscription charge ? Are you sure we are playing the same game?

Also 27% of the people who voted here are agreeing to not being one so i feel your estimates are a little off. This 27% was at least honest enough to accept what they are.

it's MA who talked about ~5%
The MindArk design team has been closely monitoring the impact of Loot 2.0, recently implemented in Version Update 15.15. We have also been following the many interesting and valuable discussions on community forums and thought it would be helpful to those discussions to share some hunting return statistics.

Net return for all hunting activity since VU 15.15: 94.71%
Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%
Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%
Net return for accounts created in 2017: 93.47%

in the 27% how much has already been used a bug giving them an advantage? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
it's MA who talked about ~5%
The MindArk design team has been closely monitoring the impact of Loot 2.0, recently implemented in Version Update 15.15. We have also been following the many interesting and valuable discussions on community forums and thought it would be helpful to those discussions to share some hunting return statistics.

Net return for all hunting activity since VU 15.15: 94.71%
Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%
Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%
Net return for accounts created in 2017: 93.47%

in the 27% how much has already been used a bug giving them an advantage? :rolleyes:

As has been said before that if 5% or whatever x% is what they take from the loot pool then the rest of the peds should be somewhere in MA's banks. There statements show that is not the case. They barely even have half of our ped values covered. That basically proves that the 5% is not how it works as then they would have already been bankrupt ( a few times over). What you deposit is there's until you withdraw. If your account has more peds then you deposited then that is a liability for them cause u can hit that withdraw button anytime and then they need to give you the $ (not peds) that matters. The x% they take from the pool is like everything else a way to reduce the differential between accounting and reality. Same as auction house fees/teleporting fees etc etc.

People don't pay millions of $'s to accountants for nothing ya know ;-)

That said this thread is about giving individual opinions and not judging each others and as such I'll just take ur opinion as it is without trying to influence it. So thanks for sharing your opinion.

The total amount of "Unconsumed user holdings "is a variable amount that varies with the various activities within Entropia Universe. Historical figures show that 30 -35% (averagethe last 15 years) ofthefunds deposited by usersare later withdrawn. The remaininghas been consumed or remained in the accounts oftheusers in the form of inventory or cash in the form of the virtual currency PED.However, it is a prerequisite for the survival of Entropia Universe, that MindArk pays out the requestedwithdrawals and therefore the part of the player debt, which is likely to be withdrawn, will be booked as a debt.With these facts in hand, the assessment is that the actual debt, which would be entered in the balance sheet, is 33% of the player debt at the time of the entry.

The above has been taken from the Annual Report.

Had some time to think, I voted Undecided because I really am. To keep it very simple:

I'm a terrible customer because I don't get hooked, like at all. I just don't have enough free time to get hooked (read addicted if you want).

I'm a good customer because I like getting involved with the community. It's hard to defend this point without sounding arrogant so I'll stop here.

It's probably not a black or white argument.

the answer is also probably variable according to the years and the VUs

I would flip the question. Using their platform makes us a good customer. Being a big depositor or a big withdrawer does not net you a bigger status and shouldnt. Being a bad customer is breaking terms of service and exploting, which should get you banned. It is simply that cut and dry. It doesnt matter if you lost thousands or millions or earned that much, it doesnt make you that better of a customer and you should not be treated differently.

The flipped question is if mindark and the planet partners are being good companies and subsequently providing a good service? Because that will ultimately dictate the volume of customers and retention - not social shaming the players on their worth to a company whose obligation/service is to provide a good platform (to survive).

now that so many further elaborated their opinions, i'm not so sure about mine anymore...

but i like that kind of questioning :ahh:

It's probably not a black or white argument.

I would say most things in life are that way :)

the answer is also probably variable according to the years and the VUs

I would flip the question. Using their platform makes us a good customer. Being a big depositor or a big withdrawer does not net you a bigger status and shouldnt.

Perspectives which are worth considering for sure.

now that so many further elaborated their opinions, i'm not so sure about mine anymore...

but i like that kind of questioning :ahh:

Well that only says positive things about you as it means you are fluid enough to consider other people's opinion as much as yours. :thumbup:

For you my friend anything :cool:

It's been awhile since I have been out here.

I am the WORST customer in M.A history! I reckon.

I was in a tough spot in real life after the financial crisis. I started playing Project Entropia, spent 6 months sweating and reading .... then I made 22k + USD profit in game :wtg:

I pulled out .... Put my wife through 1 year college to become an EEG technologist (she is on track 100k+ USD this year, not bad for 1 year of school right?) and paid for a much needed surgery for my daughter (life saving)

Entropia has done so much life changing good for me and my family that I can not thank Mind Ark and MOSTLY you the players of Entropia enough.

BUT WAIT IT GETS WORSE

So I returned to Entropia a couple of years later. Only to make 7-12k USD profit again :wise:

Then loot 2.0 happened, I got nervous and I jumped ship again.

I am a terrible customer, all take and no give ...

I love you all -Entropia- you will forever live in my life tale

Peace,
Grandmaster Dreamryder Mage

I used to deposit once or twice a month. I did a withdrawal with the intention of depositing again once my work situation stabilized. Now that it has I find myself hesitant to add any more money to my account due to the seemingly total lack of meaningful development.

Just give me something, anything to look forward to and give me hope in the future of the game and I'll open my wallet again.

Am I a good customer???
Yes, if hefty deposits in the past count.
No, if not depositing much in recent years.
Yes, if not withdrawing.
No, if diverting ped flow into trivial collecting.
Yes, if offering hi MU to purchase.
No, if offering freebies to dilute MU.
Yes, if always verbalising enjoying EU in chats.

Having said all that, is EU good for me?
I suppose it is good since it's a good escape to be anonymous away from Earth.

Back