Operation "Cleanup-Crew"

Spacejanitor

Prowler
I am putting together a armada to battle Pirates in the biggest space battle in Entropia History. If you have a ship, no matter the size, you are most welcome to join. You will be handed a fixed radio call sign and radio procedures will be explained. ( Must have discord).

If you have a quadwing or V-tol with weapons, join up! We can use you and fighter wings are also assembled.

If you dont have a space ship, no problem. The fleet needs crew. Gunners and repair-crew. Sign up now and put your name down below.

Pirates need not apply.

I might dust off the adjusted waterpistol and chuck onto my sleip...

seriously if something like this gets going i'll go up there just for the giggles.

Good luck cleaning up space!

Its big - really, really big! :thumbup:

If this happens I sure hope there's tons of streaming. If I'm online I'll probably be there, since I love it when gangs of players mob PVP zones.

Edit:

For anyone following that other drama, an apology has been posted and I've no need to hammer the guy.

Plus I really do love this. I've only been at a noob wormhole event to the rig once, but it was a great 2 hours. This will surely be AT LEAST as confusing.

Last edited:
excellant!

I am putting together a armada to battle Pirates in the biggest space battle in Entropia History. If you have a ship, no matter the size, you are most welcome to join. You will be handed a fixed radio call sign and radio procedures will be explained. ( Must have discord).

If you have a quadwing or V-tol with weapons, join up! We can use you and fighter wings are also assembled.

If you dont have a space ship, no problem. The fleet needs crew. Gunners and repair-crew. Sign up now and put your name down below.

Pirates need not apply.

Oh boy i can not wait!!!! I am tired of just MOPPING up the SPACEJANITOR!

We can have a call sign?!

What about collectible action figures?

As amusing as this thread is becoming.. I have a few questions for you Janitor.

How do you decide who is a pirate , if you have loads of ships up there shooting..who is friend and who is enemy, and who is some traveller passing through ?

How many pirates do you think there are in this game, do you have a list to give your helpers ?
If you start shooting randomly (and please don't say red tags) then you will gain the tile pirate quickly yourself.

The pirates may also refuse to turn up to your party, after all you have given them plenty of warning
or they may turn up in even greater numbers, that could get messy to say the least

Are you a good enough shot to make every shot count ? Or will you all quickly waste your ped shooting the sky
It is pvp every shot counts...hit or miss

I am not saying it is a bad idea, I am saying it is one you need to plan with care

As amusing as this thread is becoming.. I have a few questions for you Janitor.

How do you decide who is a pirate , if you have loads of ships up there shooting..who is friend and who is enemy, and who is some traveller passing through ?

How many pirates do you think there are in this game, do you have a list to give your helpers ?
If you start shooting randomly (and please don't say red tags) then you will gain the tile pirate quickly yourself.

The pirates may also refuse to turn up to your party, after all you have given them plenty of warning
or they may turn up in even greater numbers, that could get messy to say the least

Are you a good enough shot to make every shot count ? Or will you all quickly waste your ped shooting the sky
It is pvp every shot counts...hit or miss

I am not saying it is a bad idea, I am saying it is one you need to plan with care

Ye working on it.

I cannot wait :) hurry up :)

I urge caution.

The average player not adapted to space combat is going to hit 2/10 shots AT BEST. Yes... I've seen this in play with new pirates, and other pirate hunters trying to start out to fast.

first you must learn to balance enough to stand (aim)

then you must learn to walk (maneuver)

then, and only then should you try learning to dance (maneuver and shoot at same time)

Trust me going head long into this is going to burn 10ped for your side, for every 1ped on their side you burn. I suggest you consult with some folks that have more experience fighting pirates and ask around on what the best way to hurt them is given whatever funds, or numbers you have.

btw consider this... for new players say you get 10 people in quads, 6 in gunner seats... How well do you think they will keep orientation in a space fight? and once they lose that, how well do you think they will be able to tell pirate from non-pirate? friend from foe. Space battles are an intense few seconds to few minutes, everyone needs to know how to tell a pirate from a non-pirate , everyone being on the same page on who to target, when to shoot and when to sit is a must. Most big services train gunners before ever letting them work the guns, because most have this idea red triangle means pirate, and it doesn't.

Lol thinking about it, honestly the best way you could hurt them is to bring a bunch of sweaters with quads, make sure they storage all the loots then pay each 4-5 ped to just go to space in a quad to die with no loots.

Pirates will spend 5-8ped killing each of them, and it's cheap to rinse and repeat later just flying from SS to moon and bumping pirates so they miss shots and are forced to kill you over and over while potentially greatly increasing their cost to kill between loots. That beats having people spend 10-15ped to kill them, or more likely die trying with very poor aim.

Anyway, like I said brain storm, talk to other folks and learn from their experience if this is what you are dead set on doing.

btw I am the guy that killed ernestJ when he was trying to shoot your pf down outside the moon on the first day :D

Last edited:
Armada

Put me in coach! Pm me discord link and ship info for the fleet. I am so tired of being blown up in space by these space privateers!

I think you should take morgoth's advice. For comparison, with two gunners you hit me one time yesterday. Morgoth killed me twice in a row after I killed him once (got the jump a little bit) in a very interesting dogfight.

Skills matter... and I don't mean the kind that go in your skill bank.

But hey - more power to you.

I think you should take morgoth's advice. For comparison, with two gunners you hit me one time yesterday. Morgoth killed me twice in a row after I killed him once (got the jump a little bit) in a very interesting dogfight.

Skills matter... and I don't mean the kind that go in your skill bank.

But hey - more power to you.

So, whats your point?
:scratch2:

So, whats your point?
:scratch2:

His point I believe he is saying it is an even playing field where IRL hand eye co-ordination is required (Skill)... not Pay to win like most of this game.

His point I believe he is saying it is an even playing field where IRL hand eye co-ordination is required (Skill)... not Pay to win like most of this game.

Well, I did understand morgoth's point.
He's totally right.

But PED is not always a reason NOT to do something.

Like in this case, PED is not the reason not to whoop your asses.

Let's be honest, every shot fired at a scum pirate is wasted ped if you're after profit.
But in some cases money is not the issue.

And for Space janitor, those few measly ped to do a dogfight means nothing to him.

Priest is just trying to discourage players to go after him telling them it might be wasted ped.
So, let's just ignore priest and you in that matter if it's about whooping pirate but!

I could give you some sound advice as well.
Never shoot me. Since you will be totally wasting your PED on me. Unless you want to spend that much to loot 1 turd!

Now, would that make any impression on you?
Guess, not.

Vice versa.

This is the only good thing about the entire drama. Now if it only was voluntary to engage in it.

That you don't have a chance to fight even if you wanted to when spit out blind at a fixed spawn point is a known part of game mechanics and therefore those who continue to let it happen are as much at fault as those who exploit it.

Do you want to know how I know who is a pirate and not a pirate? The one shooting at me or anyone else is a pirate, and they show a red Tag. If u just show a red tag, I will follow and see what you do. Only observe. If you turn and shoot, its on.

Do you want to know how I know who is a pirate and not a pirate? The one shooting at me or anyone else is a pirate, and they show a red Tag. If u just show a red tag, I will follow and see what you do. Only observe. If you turn and shoot, its on.

Yes I've seen this in play... you've shot at me from your pf chasing a pirate before at caly ss.

I'd suggest refining your method of targeting more, with 5-10 players in quads/sleips assisting you using red tag and who is shooting, isn't going to be very definitive, and will lead to friendly fire.

oh and I'm not butt hurt over the couple shots, I know it was an accident you just saw red and saw me shootin, so you fired lol... it happens

A red tag just means that the other pilot has a different professional level to you - nothing else. So its a very bad way of distinguishing between pirate / non pirate. I recall once seeing someone in a red tagged sliep and I knew for a fact at the pilot had never so much as shot at a mob never mind PVP.

Went up there for a giggle...Sitting duck forever...No one out there...What's happening lads...you're slacking!

entropia_2018-08-30_23.38.12.jpg

Went afk to smoke some of that gigglebush...still untouched 10 minutes later.

entropia_2018-08-30_23.45.59.jpg

I even brought some dung handouts with me so fresh, the pile was still steaming....Missed your chance.

Seems like the pirates have gone 2.0 on me too now...Simply not happening

Ok, @ Spacejanitor, I like the idea, however there are some issues (especially regarding the red flag). This has been tried before by numerous people including myself

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-a-Pirate-Day&highlight=love+a+pirate+moondog

We managed to get quite a few players to attend but the pirates did not show up . Why would they there was no advantage to them. The difference here is they are camping ARK moon and SS which means they want to loot whoever tries to leave. This is the incentive for them to stay and fight.

Again, how will you differentiate between genuine pilots and pirates. Note that even shooting space mobs can change your triangle to red.

Back