Help: I need help choosing what to use my ped on as a beginner

sssssnake2

Hatchling
I do not want to deposit. I have a constant income from some sites like entropia partners and other ones. I was thinking that it would be smart to invest in some deeds. The deeds would therefore be increasing my income over time and it would just keep going up from there. I am not sure if this would be a smart idea or if I should be using my ped in the game to do stuff. Also, I have been sweating every once and a while to increase my earnings. Let me know what you guys think. I am open to all suggestions.

I don't know how much PED you have. But from the sound of things maybe deeds are a little much.

You would have to set aside say, 75+ ped right now to buy an AUD, and this will deliver you 1-2 PEC per day usually. I haven't held one in a while but someone will correct me if those numbers are too far off :rolleyes:

So let's just say you put aside 75 PED into that deed and we can estimate (for this simple example) that in 60 days of waiting you should have earned nearly 1 PED.

You can still sweat about 1k/hour right? So even at today's rates you can sweat in about 1 hour what it will take two months for that deed to earn.

If you're talking about a couple thousand PED, and you have the patience to sit on them while you still do exactly what you're doing today, it might be a good long term plan for you.

But you are going to have to sit on a thousands of unused PED before deeds earn you enough money to hunt for even 1 hour every month, even as a pretty low level player.

Depending on how new you are, consider saving up for a mindforce implant, if you haven't. This will open up more healing options for you, and more combat options as you move forward. It also adds a lot to what you can do in game because it gives you the ability to start using teleport chips.

It's also worth to buy some decent armor since there's no penalty for overprotection these days.

Perhaps even better get in a discipleship (if you haven't already), and use those PED to do the requirements. The sooner you get that done, the easier it is. And you get a decent set of armor and I think still another car for that.

Your personal situation matter a lot to answer a question like this. Buying deeds isn't a BAD idea, but it could just be a waste of your time.

they do what they wanna do, say what they wanna say
Live how they wanna live, play how they wanna play
Dance how they wanna dance, kick and the slap a friend

While deeds can be fun, for the amount you are talking about, it's probably way to rich for your deposit level... or to put it another way, look at the ROI trackers and see how many years it'll take you to get your full investment back... I think last check on something like AUDs it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 years or more. If you plan to not actually 'play' the game for 30 years, that's great! Otherwise, if just spend peds on what makes you happy, and seriously consider finding a job in real life so you can deposit... or maybe another game where you won't have to pay to play or 'pay to win'

Calypso Deeds probably have fewer years to return original investment before any 'markup' from auctions started, but nowadays... sheesh.

I do not want to deposit. I have a constant income from some sites like entropia partners and other ones. I was thinking that it would be smart to invest in some deeds. The deeds would therefore be increasing my income over time and it would just keep going up from there. I am not sure if this would be a smart idea or if I should be using my ped in the game to do stuff. Also, I have been sweating every once and a while to increase my earnings. Let me know what you guys think. I am open to all suggestions.

Just do whatever you find fun, on a few ped budget and without any deposit, profit, "smart investments/choices" and avatar progress are close to 0%, you can get a little more playtime with certain choices but if the playtimes not fun whats the point. If your idea of fun is just buying a deed and logging in a few months later to collect a couple of bucks then sure its a fine choice but only you know what youre loooking for. But if you think you can just play without deposit and do x or y with the peds and make profit AND that people will just tell what x and y are then you may end up dissapointed.

It"s a good idea if you have patience.

On small budget I would advise you to solo swunt caraboks. After 2.0 there is no overkill penalty so returns on them are decent like on any other mob (no 82% as they used to be :laugh:). Swunting instead of hunting will put you on profit side even with 1/k sweat price and it's not as boring as pure sweating. The ped you already have will allow you to collect bigger stacks of loot and sell on AH making your profit a little bigger. Also carabok have very favorable L/HP ratio so your skill progress should be decent, especially evade.

Build your ped card on swunting caraboks then move to caly and start reselling. Reselling have way higher ROI than buying deeds or sweating. I would start from the most liquid stuff like muscle oil. You could easily try to buy at darkstorm's rates and then resell by putting on AH in 50ped chunks.

Whatever you pick, it's still pocket change comparing to real life jobs. Better to find small gig in RL and deposit than sweat/resell in-game.

Ya'll remember the old days when you could make money off EU? We had a college kid in our SOC who made about $1000 in 2 mths during his summer vacation. Never deposited a thing.

Ohhh EU... What happened to you? Oh yeah.. that's right.. you knew better than your player base and didn't wanna listen to a damn thing anyone said.

Entropia's like the afterlife. It's where shattered dreams of gaming for a living go to die and spend an eternity in purgatory.

Entropia's like the afterlife. It's where shattered dreams of gaming for a living go to die and spend an eternity in purgatory.

But it's also like the Hotel California.... :whistle:

Besides, the good guys get a stay in Limbo at worst. I ain't too bothered about the bad guys.

You can still sweat about 1k/hour right? So even at today's rates you can sweat in about 1 hour what it will take two months for that deed to earn.

dont forget to mention the costs of electricity to power your computer while sweating already are higher than the value of sweat in the same time...

so better decide to NOT sweat for 100 hours and instead deposit 10$, you will save money AND living time.

dont forget to mention the costs of electricity to power your computer while sweating already are higher than the value of sweat in the same time...

so better decide to NOT sweat for 100 hours and instead deposit 10$, you will save money AND living time.

I doubt any adult would actually sweat instead of depositing. Sweating is like $0.10/hour and I can't imagine a country with stable enough internet to play that have jobs that pay so little :laugh:

I think ppl who sweat are either teens or students - both can probably dodge electricity bill in most cases. When I lived in dorm electricity bill and all others were all included no matter how much you used. Teens bills are covered by parents.

I doubt any adult would actually sweat instead of depositing. Sweating is like $0.10/hour and I can't imagine a country with stable enough internet to play that have jobs that pay so little :laugh:

I think ppl who sweat are either teens or students - both can probably dodge electricity bill in most cases. When I lived in dorm electricity bill and all others were all included no matter how much you used. Teens bills are covered by parents.

I think the main reason otherwise normal adults sweat for money in EU is the challenge of starting something here without deposit. It doesn't always mean they can't.

It used to be a fun social activity lol. And there's the skills.

OP sees it. Deeds are like a bad savings account for a non-depositor. But it's a good way to slow down spending if you deposit.

The AUD market might get tricky here in a minute though.

Also "Bad savings account" may not be the best wording but, whatever :dunno:

Electricity bills? What are those??

img_20180830_154120.jpg

Electricity bills? What are those??

img_20180830_154120.jpg

Did you get those for free?

Each bottle of sweat extends the payback time of those things. ;)

potato is the key :wise:

Last edited:
The best you can do is deposit money. Just deposit 10 € and you can play 2 or 3 months. Just start on Arkadia hunt caraboks, hunt hornets.. sell the skin and go on with the next small puny mob. You get nice skills, you have fun and you support the game you like.

Don't waste you lifetime with gathering sweat...just gather sweat if you want have a break, talk with others or just watch a movie or read something in www, or you are in you office job ;)

Entropia Universe is on the low level really cheap for everybody...

The best you can do is deposit money. Just deposit 10 € and you can play 2 or 3 months. Just start on Arkadia hunt caraboks, hunt hornets.. sell the skin and go on with the next small puny mob. You get nice skills, you have fun and you support the game you like.

Don't waste you lifetime with gathering sweat...just gather sweat if you want have a break, talk with others or just watch a movie or read something in www, or you are in you office job ;)

Entropia Universe is on the low level really cheap for everybody...

This is a good advice imho. Drop the swunting, just hunt small mobs and start out with a decent enough bank roll so you can store MU items like hides and oils in big enough stacks before you sell them on AH.

I did the puny IRON on Calypso - 16k puny mobs - and didn't global even once, but I only lost like 45-50 ped (and I tt'd almost all rubios and B101s I looted too). For that meager price I got tons of skills and a wee good amount of hours pew pew'ing. If you are just a bit more lucky than me, you will have a couple of globals that will make that loss so small it will probably not dent your budget at all. (I've seen hofs on caudatergus puny in the 750s, so there's also a real shot at boosting your budget big time).

Good luck:wtg:

Back