FYI: Loot Claimed by Someone Else....Not Cool

microdot

Dominant
Society
Rangers
Elsalvador "Microdot" Majere
Hi,

Please could you guys work a solution to the problem where a hunter rocks up to a mob that is full health, then shoots it dead & gets the message 'Loot claimed by someone else' (or whatever the actual message says). Its infuriating & makes me want to fist my monitor. The first three times it happened i thought 'oh shame some poor fucker got nailed & didn't come back'...Now its just annoying & I think that there has to be a better way to solve this. Either take that mob away after X amount of time, or mark it in some way i know that i could not loot it.

I am sure this must have been raised before, but i can't be arsed to search forums to see if it has.

my support case number is:360938

@other forum members - if this has effected you before please log a ticket & add it here. If you have already, then feel free to unleash your fury here.

cheers.
Microdot

Hi,

Please could you guys work a solution to the problem where a hunter rocks up to a mob that is full health, then shoots it dead & gets the message 'Loot claimed by someone else' (or whatever the actual message says). Its infuriating & makes me want to fist my monitor. The first three times it happened i thought 'oh shame some poor fucker got nailed & didn't come back'...Now its just annoying & I think that there has to be a better way to solve this. Either take that mob away after X amount of time, or mark it in some way i know that i could not loot it.

I am sure this must have been raised before, but i can't be arsed to search forums to see if it has.

my support case number is:360938

@other forum members - if this has effected you before please log a ticket & add it here. If you have already, then feel free to unleash your fury here.

cheers.
Microdot

EDIT: Spoiler:

Lots of reports including several reports of compensation received. It IS super irritating.

:)

Last edited:
Lots of reports including several reports of compensation received. It IS super irritating.

thanks for the info...and don't ruin my moment (this could just be the best thing i am ever remembered for!)...add your support tickets here!

support cases DO work, if you upload screenshots to your support case. So they cant argue their way out of it.
and enough support cases which force them to react and even compensate moves this bug up the ranks on the to-do-list.

Result: 3.00 PED reimbursed!

2018-08-22 22:39 You wrote:

Dear Support,

so many players are annoyed beyond all recognition by this bug, but this annoying bug obviously doesnt get the necessary attention of your troubleshooters.
i will report every single upcoming "claimed" bug from now on, until it gets fixed.

Concentrate on the game - Bugfix before new bugged content!

AND I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK EVERYTIME YOUR BROKEN PRODUCT DOESN'T WORK!

Place: Neomex Cave - private team instance (hence: CANNOT be claimed by someone else!)

screenshot:
loot_claimed_by_someone_else_2018-08-21_3-24-50.jpg

regards,

- Orion

2018-08-23 05:38 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Orion,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We have now checked our logs and compensated you with what you have lost due to this occurrence.

We have now placed a stack of Universal Ammo with the value of 3 PED in your carried inventory.

Take care and best of luck in Entropia Universe!

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

Last edited:
another day, the same bug, support case again.

2018-08-28 02:50 You wrote:

Dear support staff,

i would like to inform you that i happened to come across the said bug again.
the mob was freshly spawned and noone else was around.

i hate to bug you with this issue, but as long as this issue bugs me, im going to report every single one and DEMAND MY MONEY BACK now, until this annoying bug has been resolved.
screenshot will be added.

regards,

- Orion
[screenshot uploaded]

not very surprisingly the answer is copy and paste by now....
2018-08-29 08:03 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Orion,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We have now checked our logs and compensated you with what you have lost due to this occurrence.

We have now placed a stack of Universal Ammo with the value of 3 PED in your carried inventory.

Take care and best of luck in Entropia Universe!

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

waiting for the next bug, this may start to become profitable, lol....

another day, the same bug, support case again.

[screenshot uploaded]

not very surprisingly the answer is copy and paste by now....

waiting for the next bug, this may start to become profitable, lol....

great to see - the more that do this the more likely we get this fixed.

This happened to me as well. I had been familiar with the bug but never seen it happen. I was quite excited really lol, because I did not believe others.

I took a timestamp, coordinates and mob name and put in the ticket before the body even poof'd. I actually got my 4.00 ped back in just under 2 hours which was a pleasant surprise. :D

I guess if mobs regen... then indeed, no way of knowing its been half killed once already....

I guess they need to adjust it so that the allocation is taking into account health level

Wist

I am amazed a thread like this did not appear during migration, as people regularly left or were unable to return to a damaged mob, which then turned it's attention to another player who had the choice of kill it and get no loot, or be killed.

Once upon a time a mob with less than 50% HP when you started shooting would have 'This loot belongs to someone else'
However this tended to be exploited where other players would wait until you were almost at 50% then hit it with a much higher DPS weapon and claim the loot... one soc was well known for this.
So I am guessing the 50% rule was removed to prevent these mob steals.

Sadly like so much in EU there has either been an oversight by MA, where mob is not reset after it reaches 100%HP, or maybe the cynic in me thinks 'this loot is claimed by another player' means MA get the loot, as the mob doubtless evaporates after 30 seconds or so.

While I have considered support cases, like most I have not bothered. Partly because tbh I am surprised MA have refunded, and partly because I don't want to stop hunts time and again to make support cases, the disruption would just make it a chore rather than fun as it would be a disproportionate amount of time wasted to ped regained unless a high level mob.

I may have to rethink this as it seems the only way to get anything fixed is if it costs MA not just time but also ped....

To the above last two posts, no no this is something totally different and new as of ~3 months ago? Freshly spawned, new mobs that have this message. I have had a friend who has had a Combibo Broodmother with this, that spawned on top of him which would be obvious to see come at you. We have above posters who got this in instances alone as well.

I've definitely been careless and shot mobs that aren't 100%, some 70% that reneged and some that are ~50%. The one I talk about in my initial post was a freshly spawned full HP Legionnaire and I was shocked when I actually saw it because I didn't believe people honestly.

I am amazed a thread like this did not appear during migration, as people regularly left or were unable to return to a damaged mob, which then turned it's attention to another player who had the choice of kill it and get no loot, or be killed.

Once upon a time a mob with less than 50% HP when you started shooting would have 'This loot belongs to someone else'
However this tended to be exploited where other players would wait until you were almost at 50% then hit it with a much higher DPS weapon and claim the loot... one soc was well known for this.
So I am guessing the 50% rule was removed to prevent these mob steals.

Sadly like so much in EU there has either been an oversight by MA, where mob is not reset after it reaches 100%HP, or maybe the cynic in me thinks 'this loot is claimed by another player' means MA get the loot, as the mob doubtless evaporates after 30 seconds or so.

While I have considered support cases, like most I have not bothered. Partly because tbh I am surprised MA have refunded, and partly because I don't want to stop hunts time and again to make support cases, the disruption would just make it a chore rather than fun as it would be a disproportionate amount of time wasted to ped regained unless a high level mob.

I may have to rethink this as it seems the only way to get anything fixed is if it costs MA not just time but also ped....

Granny, tbh, i am kicking myself because my support case did not ask for a refund, it was just frustration....but lets take what you mentioned about migration to the new player base....

i can imagine being a new player in this new world...with my shiny new armour from my shiny new starter pack...smashing punies - they must have so many occurrences of this bug with all those noobs running around mob stealing & dying. I can only imagine the impression this game would leave on them! @ least the fuckers doing migration know what to expect.

To the above last two posts, no no this is something totally different and new as of ~3 months ago? Freshly spawned, new mobs that have this message. I have had a friend who has had a Combibo Broodmother with this, that spawned on top of him which would be obvious to see come at you. We have above posters who got this in instances alone as well.

I've definitely been careless and shot mobs that aren't 100%, some 70% that reneged and some that are ~50%. The one I talk about in my initial post was a freshly spawned full HP Legionnaire and I was shocked when I actually saw it because I didn't believe people honestly.

if that's true mate that is a totally different & very worrying story.

Granny, tbh, i am kicking myself because my support case did not ask for a refund, it was just frustration....

They still owe you, file a ticket. Point out the oversight in not requesting a refund if you like but I wouldn't waste time ranting (in the ticket) about why they didn't give you the peds "because you didn't ask for them".

Screenshots are nice and you might wait longer without but they're probably not paying for screenshots. They should be checking logs. For recent events it shouldn't be that hard.

I linked this thread to Arkadia Forum because I have a literal campaign going on pointing at proof that mindark do compensate when their programming mistakes or system errors take PEDs directly from players.

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/compensation-for-being-looted-in-a-bug.14706/

I honestly hope that plenty of people recognize that link by now but I put a new post on with a link to this thread.

If you lost PED in a known or suspected bug (even a glitch) Please file a ticket.

Also, please report your success so that current and future players have a record to look at before they go ballistic thinking all is lost. Or decline to file a ticket thinking that it's "hopeless".

MA compensates PED lost to bugs. But for some reason (hmmmmm?) only on request.

Every time someone says "filing a ticket is a waste of time" they make money for MindArk.

EDIT: Screenshots with timestamps probably help. The error message doesn't even prove you killed the mob but the timestamp would help find the relevant log.

Last edited:
Made a support case the instant it happened to me again and the resulting refund happened in less than 5 minutes +3.00 PED and case closed. It has happened to me at least a dozen other times. When it happens make the time and record the time and date and make the case. I suspect theres something more going on. Would be sad if THAT was your ATH and MA gets to filter it out and pay you 3 peds if they feel like.

Not sure what the go was but i recently discovered i had 156ped in a new compensation tab in my ped card after i had entered a solo instance and killed the pyromancer and soon as he died he dissapeared. No loot messages he didnt fall off the bridge or anything. Left without submiting a ticket as i had some real life issues to attend to and then forgot. So atleast the system or a person at mindark addressed that error or bug. Hope this helps

Not sure what the go was but i recently discovered i had 156ped in a new compensation tab in my ped card after i had entered a solo instance and killed the pyromancer and soon as he died he dissapeared. No loot messages he didnt fall off the bridge or anything. Left without submiting a ticket as i had some real life issues to attend to and then forgot. So atleast the system or a person at mindark addressed that error or bug. Hope this helps

That's great. Wow.

...and here I thought the "loot claimed by someone else" was just an issue for me :ahh:

Has happened quite a few times, guess I should start making screen shots and time stamps?

...and here I thought the "loot claimed by someone else" was just an issue for me :ahh:

Has happened quite a few times, guess I should start making screen shots and time stamps?

you should.

for MA fixing the bug must become cheaper than handling all the support cases!

so take time stamp, location stamp, screenshot.
open a support case on every new claimed bug and upload the screenshot.
RECLAIM your money.

refund too by MA 9 ped of a feffox

This happends to me 4 times when i hunted Korwil even if i hunt without any player on the map for 1/2 - 1 our. so i hope the bugfix will come soon.

P.S. idont care about few peds but i dont like the bug.

P.S. idont care about few peds but i dont like the bug.

i am 100% with you! see what i told support on umpteenth reported "claimed bug":

History for support case 361XXX:

2018-09-14 17:09 You wrote:

you asked for a screenshot - you got a screenshot.
you asked for date of incident - you got date and time of incident.
you asked for location - location is visible on screenshot.
you asked for the mob - i named the mob.
you claim to have logs - find the maturity yourself.
because it is not my job. it is YOUR job.

therefor:
I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK EVERYTIME YOUR BROKEN PRODUCT DOESN'T WORK!

i give a ****, if compensation is 1 pec or 1000 ped.
fix your bugs. i only demand compensation, because you cant ignore the bug then.

DO!
YOUR!
JOB!

sincerely,

- Orion

i know the tone became harsh and i am sorry for the poor support drudge, who received this case, but MA had months of time to fix the bug, before i lost my temper.
in front of the community to the support handler, please accept my upright apologies for my tone, MA is the recipient.

Last edited:
Solution: After 30 seconds, exclusive looting rights disappear and the corpse is available to anyone to loot.

Site: nymphtown, calipso

mob: combibo

twice in 5 minutes!!!! amazing, twice

always sending support case, and always give me the money, but now its like a joke.... twice in 5 minutes.... :(

Back