Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes
  • The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general.
  • Added a safe zone around the new Arkadia Moon.
  • Entering space from Planet Arkadia once again places the spaceship in a safe zone.

Known Issues
  • Approaching too close to the Arkadia Moon in a mothership can result in being unable to reenter the mothership after exiting. Contact support if your mothership becomes unreachable.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general.

Cool, now the 2ped fee is waived I'll bring 10kped of ores into space :laugh:

Changes

• The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general.
Unintended consequences

• Mothership pilots learn to fly backwards
  • Privateer owners have a sad
  • Taxi spam rises 37%

Wonderful :D

Next step could be the 'Teleport to planet' fee adjustment :yay:

The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed.

Last edited:
[*]The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general.

wohoo, more money left to invest into crafting and stuff :yay:

"The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general."

thats a very nice thing tho...but "more trade between planets"?? and more "space travel" ->well maybe it will be more then in space...hows that if you gonna have risk of beeing looted in space?? i would rather pay 5 ped planet fee...if there would be safe passages to there....

Changes

[*]Added a safe zone around the new Arkadia Moon.
[*]Entering space from Planet Arkadia once again places the spaceship in a safe zone.

"Quite frankly, if they correct leaving the planet but not the moon, then .... my language will not be printable."
well, yay for my language apparently staying able to be printable ... :yay:

Thanks also for the extra sentence of info which includes the word 'intended'. I try not to be sarcastic when freely-given extra info is involved, so I'll try and formulate something helpful later... :)

Still no TP from moon to planet? I guess Calypso really does get all the benefits while planet partners get screwed :laugh:

Try being RT where the majority of your planet specific item drops have been missing since Loot 2.0 was implemented and still not fixed.

1 year+ and counting.

Since it's September now can I assume I'll find my land plot deed in ark storage when i get there?

Nice change. Still room for improvement, but a step in right direction.... especially for those of us with estates on multiple planets

Last edited:
Still no TP from moon to planet? I guess Calypso really does get all the benefits while planet partners get screwed :laugh:

Well maybe this is actually why the fee is now being removed, as an intended way to get more people travelling to and from the new Ark Moon - but still with a bit of pvp to contend with.
"The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general."
So, no TP, as the plan appears to be to want to have smuggling activity of some kind, but no charge any more for pilots apart from thruster use and damage to vehicle tt(+mu) during probable attacks.

As an LOL? to the known issue, does this mean that an MS can fly into the 'atmosphere' of the moon, such that hangar exits are absolutely safe at Ark Moon now on the way in, but someone must stay on board to fly the MS out again? Can an MS now pick people up from the safe spawn point too? :eyecrazy:
These are just wild crazy questions without having checked, but you've got to laugh if this turns out to be true!!!
Next patch - next 'rearrangement'...

not anywhere close to the fixes I want, but if people like it... whatever

so who did that work, ma or arkteam?

Bravo for 2 ped fee removal :)

If I'm interpreting this correctly, this seems to mean that there's still no way to get loot out of the moon without going through PvP. Is that right?

If so, then people still aren't going to want to go there (unless they have access to a high SI ship, perhaps).

If I'm interpreting this correctly, this seems to mean that there's still no way to get loot out of the moon without going through PvP. Is that right?

If so, then people still aren't going to want to go there (unless they have access to a high SI ship, perhaps).

How I See this is its like having a safe zone inside of PVP4 but to get out you must walk..... you have a choice to mine and collect the unique items, but at a price/risk to get them somewhere of use... which in turn will increase the value of the unique items....

Seems like a good place to go to me.

What about new ships between quad and privater, there is room for it considering time to reach a planet. THIS would encourage more trade between planets, and i am not speaking about carried supplies we are all waiting for as well.

Big space update got to be on your schedule, i hope so at least.

The removal of this fee will do nothing for improving trade. The whole of space needs a massive update with non-pvp routes and pvp for areas with high risk, high reward pvp.
All that is happening is pirates are having a field day and anyone trying to get to the moon in a quad is risking it.

But here we are in September, nothing different since last September.

Try being RT where the majority of your planet specific item drops have been missing since Loot 2.0 was implemented and still not fixed.

1 year+ and counting.

Try being Next Island, with......no items whatsoever, even planet non-specific! :D

Since I have started EU and counting,....

Okay before everyone loses it again and bitch hard at Mindark, hear me out. The Moon TPs still have the Arkadia Planet option, that doesnt work yet. I honestly do NOT think they intend leaving it as is now. I believe strongly with the next patch, that we can TP to Arkadia for a reasonable fee. That fee will perhaps also in part go towards the Moon Deeds divident pot. I mean why would the TPs show the option right?

Just give it till next patch before going full balistic @ Mindark pls. They have work and implimenting a planet is a gradual process in a game that runs 24/7 constantly. Okay thats just me being logic.

1 year+ and counting.

Has it occurred to you it may be a planet partners responsibility to fix these? That's assuming they want them fixed because with the moon they may want it exactly how it is

Has it occurred to you it may be a planet partners responsibility to fix these? That's assuming they want them fixed because with the moon they may want it exactly how it is

May very well be so but then Ark team needs to add incentives in form of unique resources or better yet items (that can't be looted leaving the planet)

If the current state remains unchanged then not sure why anyone would prefer moon mining over ark underground or foma.

As soon as the novelty has worn off the moon will be deserted i fear. 4 new mobs won't change that either unless they are made to drop new stuff as well. (...and i don't mean mob specific hides n wools...)

I really want to like this moon. It's not without potential. Yet it will take some more effort by A-team & MA to shake off this quick money grab stench it had & still has to it. Some unique loot and/or events are required to draw the crowds.

I didn't try that nor I visited moon yet BUT if you endup in no-pvp when leaving moon, then instead of trying to reach Arkadia through pvp you could probably:
- log out just after showing in space (still in non-pvp)
- respawn in either nearest MS you are on crew list or most likely SS
- travel safely from that point

MA's response to the tickets about a lot of stuff no longer droping: "everything is working as intented"... took them about 4-6 months to realize that rt loot is indeed broken....

I didn't try that nor I visited moon yet BUT if you endup in no-pvp when leaving moon, then instead of trying to reach Arkadia through pvp you could probably:
- log out just after showing in space (still in non-pvp)
- respawn in either nearest MS you are on crew list or most likely SS
- travel safely from that point

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ :wise: :yup:

Reactions: das
where do you respawn when you die in space at the moon?

For instance if I leave the moon and I am in the safe zone, relog and suffocate in space. Will I then respawn at Ark SS and be able to pay the 7 ped to tp down to Arkadia with my loot?

Would this be classed as an exploit?

Reactions: das
Back