Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

where do you respawn when you die in space at the moon?

For instance if I leave the moon and I am in the safe zone, relog and suffocate in space. Will I then respawn at Ark SS and be able to pay the 7 ped to tp down to Arkadia with my loot?

Would this be classed as an exploit?

Does it feel like one? It sounds like one.

Peace, Miles

where do you respawn when you die in space at the moon?

For instance if I leave the moon and I am in the safe zone, relog and suffocate in space. Will I then respawn at Ark SS and be able to pay the 7 ped to tp down to Arkadia with my loot?

Would this be classed as an exploit?

I didn't try it myself as i said didn't visit moon yet. But the rule is you will respawn at nearest revival. It may be SS or MS if you are on crew list if it's closer than SS. And it's how space works like forever - ppl use it to to shorten their travel times between planets by logging out when they reach new respawn region in space. It's nothing new.

Sounds good, I approve. I must have paid a few hundred peds in the last year just from hopping around.

MA's response to the tickets about a lot of stuff no longer droping: "everything is working as intented"... took them about 4-6 months to realize that rt loot is indeed broken....

Because if it's a pp matter then MA wouldn't be interested in it.

What loot a creature drops is probably primarily a pp responsibility, so it would be something that RT have to fix. If you think it through logically why would MA decide on what loot a creature drops? That can't work pp would tell them to change everything !!

Does it feel like one? It sounds like one.

Peace, Miles

Hmm, maybe if you do that deliberately but what if I have loose ethernet port and it will log me out - it's not an exploit, it's hardware failure :laugh:

Let's be honest, MS log out 'exploit' is here for years and MA did nothing. I would say use it and protect yourself from pirates.

Has it occurred to you it may be a planet partners responsibility to fix these? That's assuming they want them fixed because with the moon they may want it exactly how it is

Any transport between moon and planet would/should fall into MA's hands to handle (as it does with all the objects around Caly). They are, after all, the one's that actually do the work.

What happened to items view in the Inventory after this update :scratch2:

I didn't try it myself as i said didn't visit moon yet. But the rule is you will respawn at nearest revival. It may be SS or MS if you are on crew list if it's closer than SS. And it's how space works like forever - ppl use it to to shorten their travel times between planets by logging out when they reach new respawn region in space. It's nothing new.

What people used to do was to "T" to teleport to the nearest revive and MA treated that as an exploit and removed the ability to "T" in space. They might regard the practice of logging off and on to do the same thing as an exploit as well, but they can't prevent people from logging off wherever and whenever they wish. So short of banning serial loggers, I can't see what they can do to prevent this way of getting stuff safely off the moon.

What people used to do was to "T" to teleport to the nearest revive and MA treated that as an exploit and removed the ability to "T" in space. They might regard the practice of logging off and on to do the same thing as an exploit as well, but they can't prevent people from logging off wherever and whenever they wish. So short of banning serial loggers, I can't see what they can do to prevent this way of getting stuff safely off the moon.

Agreed, if you don't abuse it 10 times a day, you should be fine.

I would also want to point out it's NOT 100% safe, you may respawn at MS under attack and get looted anyway. It's just very unlikely.

Agreed, if you don't abuse it 10 times a day, you should be fine.

I would also want to point out it's NOT 100% safe, you may respawn at MS under attack and get looted anyway. It's just very unlikely.

Pirates may now start docking their motherships in safe zone. Make sure your not on any pirate ms or privateer list. Most people aren't already

Wooo, more space travel!

I still wount use a quad when for past 6 years pirates with quads catch me or even fly past me and it's ALL RIGHT!

Fucking joke, that's what you are, Mindark.

May very well be so but then Ark team needs to add incentives in form of unique resources or better yet items (that can't be looted leaving the planet)

I'm happy they left it out until they can at least say how the travel is supposed to work.

Resources, BPs both already announced. New armor teased in preview missions. I'm not sure if they have explicitly said new weapons but especially if there's armor I would expect some.

Seriously people would probably have ragequit if they had to race and discover new content the way things were for the last two weeks.

This is trivia but "T" was never supposed to work in space, the original announcements included teleporting to be disabled.

So really that one is just another example of how long MA may leave a bug in place (exploitable or not) again :(

The removal of this fee will do nothing for improving trade. The whole of space needs a massive update with non-pvp routes and pvp for areas with high risk, high reward pvp.
All that is happening is pirates are having a field day and anyone trying to get to the moon in a quad is risking it.

But here we are in September, nothing different since last September.

The space-zone was a useless investment for MA. Mindark spent a lot of money in its implementing, only because four or five guys are hoping to steal money from other players, and on this way thats guys do not have to deposit money again (in theory). On the other hand, the player who was assaulted will be very angry and maybe he not deposit money again.

But EU was not a stupid game of pirates !. EU was a game about a universe that fought against invaders drones and bots. Why do not create a larger non-PVP space where fleets of settlers' planes fight against the robots, defending our universe? Why should have we afraid to go into space? (because if you do, four pirates can take your deposits or your effort)

Why stealing or being robbed in space should be mandatory?? Is it not better that in space there is only a small pvp area where only those who want to go there because enjoy it go?? :scratch2:

The space-zone was a useless investment for MA. Mindark spent a lot of money in its implementing, only because four or five guys are hoping to steal money from other players, and on this way thats guys do not have to deposit money again (in theory). On the other hand, the player who was assaulted will be very angry and maybe he not deposit money again.

MA shouldn't have implemented pvp in space, atleast not the first 3 years..
PP's would've had a chance to work the economy & there loot + balancing, same for MA..
Space should've been the travel with way more mobs.
Then MA could've added PVP spaces between the shortest routes wich would prolly has least mobs..
Then & only then PPL would have a reason to do what they should do.
It's a bit the same like old TP runs, long safe way or short hard way

Try being Next Island, with......no items whatsoever, even planet non-specific! :D

Since I have started EU and counting,....

Not the same, unfortunately. Quite a few of us invested in RT, and to be ignored for over a year is disgusting at best.

Has it occurred to you it may be a planet partners responsibility to fix these? That's assuming they want them fixed because with the moon they may want it exactly how it is

Except that for RT this is not the case as MA have hired someone to come in and work on this problem specifically, or so the PP tells us. As noted elsewhere, after about 6 months of being ignored, an MA official finally came to RT, tested for a couple hours, and confirmed it was an issue. During this 6 months, numerous tickets were submitted and the PP tried to get MA to realize it was outside of the PP's control. All of that said, reportedly a fix will be implemented later this month but we shall see.

since the fee was removed, what about removing the button asking if you want to go in to the planet... just make it so you fly close enough in to the planet and it'll automatically drop you in to the planet... would make more sense than putting up a message that might keep those running from pirates, space mobs, etc. have to slow down to push that button or whatever?

Changes
The fee incurred when landing a spaceship on a planet has been removed. This change is intended to encourage more trade between planets and personal space travel in general.

Big :thumbup:

Now introduce Karma please so the bad guys also get shot at. Wherever they are, even on the planet.... :vampire:

since the fee was removed, what about removing the button asking if you want to go in to the planet... just make it so you fly close enough in to the planet and it'll automatically drop you in to the planet... would make more sense than putting up a message that might keep those running from pirates, space mobs, etc. have to slow down to push that button or whatever?

Hmmm it's still a decay action.

I occasionally have cause to cancel that button and stay in space.

Especially around the new Ark moon setup right now you can fly in and around that border around the entire globe of it.

Try being RT where the majority of your planet specific item drops have been missing since Loot 2.0 was implemented and still not fixed.

1 year+ and counting.

I blame NeverDie for that. I had a conversation with him some time ago when I was considering heavily investing ($50k-100k USD) in Rocktropia, and I expressed my concern about lootable items, being required to produce instance keys, could have their drop rates changed at the drop of a hat. He wasn't concerned about it then, so his lack of foresight brought this mess upon himself.

I blame NeverDie for that. I had a conversation with him some time ago when I was considering heavily investing ($50k-100k USD) in Rocktropia, and I expressed my concern about lootable items, being required to produce instance keys, could have their drop rates changed at the drop of a hat. He wasn't concerned about it then, so his lack of foresight brought this mess upon himself.
that, or he's too darn busy with other cyrptocrap, and building some new planet (AmVRca or whatever is going to be one of the three planets Mindark mentioned in the deep token white paper... one of his other pet projects may be the third as well ? (some believe Ark moon was one of the three, but no proof of it yet - it could be the 4th planned new planet? )) to give a damn, so he just handed the mess off to his newly elected 'government' to handle... (as if a handful of cranky players could do any better at handling Mindark than NDS was?...)

Last edited:
Nice move scrapping the landing fees, thank you. :thumbup:

It's probably Neverdie fault, Cyrene had loot not dropping problems too and they fixed that long time ago - few rounds were required but it's fixed. From what they told it seems it's server side change on MA side - C team had to ask MA for adjustment and MA does that only during deployments.

No, that would mean they need to remove it from all planets and that would be a nightmare.

Okay before everyone loses it again and bitch hard at Mindark, hear me out. The Moon TPs still have the Arkadia Planet option, that doesnt work yet. I honestly do NOT think they intend leaving it as is now. I believe strongly with the next patch, that we can TP to Arkadia for a reasonable fee. That fee will perhaps also in part go towards the Moon Deeds divident pot. I mean why would the TPs show the option right?

Just give it till next patch before going full balistic @ Mindark pls. They have work and implimenting a planet is a gradual process in a game that runs 24/7 constantly. Okay thats just me being logic.

O M F G... Logic he says... and O M F G... it is Logic...

Logic that I do not agree with but Logic all the same.

I think its just MA not doing what they should as per normal... at no point has A-Team mentioned TP'ing down to Ark nor that they are attempting to fix it...

But hey I could be wrong have been before... Lots of times... only people that know are the people holding the cards...

I didn't try that nor I visited moon yet BUT if you endup in no-pvp when leaving moon, then instead of trying to reach Arkadia through pvp you could probably:
- log out just after showing in space (still in non-pvp)
- respawn in either nearest MS you are on crew list or most likely SS
- travel safely from that point

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ :wise: :yup:

Sounds good, I approve. I must have paid a few hundred peds in the last year just from hopping around.

Hey guys can I please have your full in game names... to save me the trouble of finding them I will just use these quotes along with your names and send support case due to exploiting and discussing exploits openly in forum

Thanks.

Hey guys can I please have your full in game names... to save me the trouble of finding them I will just use these quotes along with your names and send support case due to exploiting and discussing exploits openly in forum

Thanks.

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/latest-patch-release-entropia-universe-15-17-2.14743/#post-110866

Tested, confirmed, my name's right on there.

EDIT: You can also spawn and return to the moon without ever leaving the safe zone.

You can also enter and exit a planet for like 28 pec decay.

Soooo many lootchecks pirates may have to care about ammo.

Thanks.

Hahahaha, said the happy camper who exploited the arkadia space bug.

It takes on to know one, right?

:laugh:

Back