MindArk Test Workshop

If you allow to peds as payment, i will join

Yep, because whenever there's a thread about the things that people want to see changed and improved in EU, top of everyone's list is always a new camera system.

:rolleyes:

They got a grant for rhis.. or money. So it matrers little on community interest.

Edit: nvm they said it wasnt VR. Doesnt apply then.

Thanks, was wondering already. The text actually didn't say it but it was nearly everybody's (self included) first thought.

In that case though, why the effort with travelling? You could offer a test client for download, possibly to selected/qualified people. I know of a competing game company that does this liberally either for testing new features or bug hunting and usually offers some event or incentive to go with it.

Maybe they're hoping the workshop can help them not only with getting feedback on these changes, but also with getting them more in touch with their playerbase as well.

Some other game companies have done this type of thing recently and found success with it, I think.

Maybe they're hoping the workshop can help them not only with getting feedback on these changes, but also with getting them more in touch with their playerbase as well.

Some other game companies have done this type of thing recently and found success with it, I think.

There have been countless outreach efforts but it's always been just a straw fire. If the power of all online tools can't maintain a steady connection, how would a regression to offline achieve that? Except with the few that live in the vicinity. Anyway, speculation is mostly useless. The question was for our community manager.

camera is fine in EU. what is important is that FISHING is added as soon as possible!

To give some more details on this camera system, it has to do with the controls for third person, first person aim mode, and the cursor mode. It is designed to make gameplay smoother and more immersive.

Please make all changes to the interface optional, as it is perfectly useable right now. Don't make the same mistake Riot made with League of Legends - I literally left that game because they changed some things in the HUD and didn't make those changes optional!

Same applies for grinding (which people in this thread think to be not "immersive" (whatever that is). A significant reason I play this game is that I can play or watch something on the side because shooting or sweating something for hours just takes a few key presses each 10-60 seconds (or even much longer when swunting haters) and don't have to think about what I'm doing! Don't fuck that up.

And for the love of all that is unholy, NO VR!!! Nobody needs that garbage in the game!

Last edited:
ma will use your webcam for facial recognitions. It will scan your face each time you loot a mob. If the looter has a happy face the system will keep giving crap loots as usual.
But if the camera detects a face that's about to explode and rage quit the loot system will generate some swirlies to make the looter smile again.

hahahaaaaha (wtf I wanted this in caps!!!)

when I get around to working on my own mmo game, I'll hire you cause you have lots of good ideas!

Omg! This is very intriguing :yay: Applied ofc :)

And for the love of all that is unholy, NO VR!!! Nobody needs that garbage in the game!

Totally agree.

VR is awesome for FPS games, where mainly your RL skills (aim, reaction) counts.

A skill based RPG like EU, don´t need VR at all.

camera is fine in EU.
It is not, try changing from OTS to first person view, shoot a flying mob where you need to look up above a certain angle, and then change back to OTS to know what a stiff neck is ;) Bug was worked on a while ago and it improved, but not resolved entirely.

Totally agree.

VR is awesome for FPS games, where mainly your RL skills (aim, reaction) counts.

A skill based RPG like EU, don´t need VR at all.

And ever since the launch of BatSim I have a suspicion what motivated it. Also the application for the test workshop asking specifically if you prefer FP. [fill in the blanks]

Reactions: das
It's not the time for VR yet, the modern primitive systems aren't able to properly relay the beauty of sweating. Perhaps once they learn to render smells...

refund your bug robber

so, who was selected? :scratch2:

(email received, i'm only alternate)

please stream it on twitch guys, it's the internet age now! :yup:

Really awesome that MA is getting participant feedback on things!!!

I have no idea why we need a new camera system but hopefully who ever goes can express what is needed in the universe over lunch lol

i start find camera system is excuse to pick true feedbacks?(HOPE!)

I will be going there, Will try to stream if MA allows it.

I am also considering recording a video of the trip and everything if that is something that you guys want to see.

Yep, because whenever there's a thread about the things that people want to see changed and improved in EU, top of everyone's list is always a new camera system.

:rolleyes:

^ What he said. :yup:

What I say V

c'mon peeps don't be shy ... tell us who's invited :D

Whoever goes, please convey these thoughts on my behalf:

1. Entropia has a fantastic level of customisable control system not seen in many other games (I think only Elite Dangerous maybe). KEEP IT THAT WAY - NO SIMPLIFICATIONS (unless an option to turn on "Advanced Mode" is included)

2. The current camera systems are (mostly) fine. Please if there is a new system to be made (e.g. like when OTS was added) please make sure it only ADDS TO the existing systems rather than replaces them.

3. Bug fixes to the camera system should focus on the player activities. For example, if I am in OTS left shoulder mode and I am pointing my gun at a mob so that its status appears, then I switch to OTS right shoulder mode, the mob should still be aligned with my gun i.e. I can still see the status and hit it when I fire. This goes for other mode transitions too!

4. Bug fixes should concentrate on testing extremes for example like looking up and then changing mode etc. Indeed there is something weird around getting stuck looking up or something. Another one to test for is opening up the map or chat UI while doing stuff. I've defo managed to get "locked out" of the control system somehow while accidentally ending up in a chat text box and unable to get out till I press the right key combo

5. Elite Dangerous added a very comprehensive camera mode that allowed people to put the camera in some really interesting places. This did wonders for player's ability to make stylish videos, which did wonders for the game's promotion.

6. More bug fixing should concentrate on what happens when there is something between your avatar and where the camera nominally wants to be. Typical issues are:

- Camera gets too close to avatar and we see inside them
- Camera behaves non consistently depending on what is between your avatar and the camera's nominal distance. For example, some NPCs can come between your avatar and the camera, others causes the camera to fly in to sit between your avatar and the NPC then fly out again as soon as something moves.

7. Attention should be paid to the camera with regard to mobs as well as how close avatars can get to mobs. When a mob moves (or animates), all too often the avatar ends up inside the mob.

8. Consideration should be given to "fading out things in front of the camera". I've seen this used effectively in other games. If done right it can work well

9. Camera when in vehicles needs a proper look at as well as how avatars move when in vehicle. Avatars have a snap head thing for example in cars. Another thing is that we don't have the same range of zoom in or out when in a vehicle. It's annoying that we can't get in up to the boundaries of a vehicle we are operating without (an unwanted) switch to FPC.

10. Related but not exactly about cameras, avatar set animations, e.g. bored get cancelled. This is a bug.

11. More thought needs to go into avatar respawning, again you end up looking out of someone's left arm all to often at the revival terminal.

12. Related, the ragdoll needs a skeleton/reasonable movement/physics update (not been looked at since PhysX update). Fed up of dying with my head sticking out my arse.

I'll stop there but feel free to get in touch with me to discuss more if you are one of our representatives chosen to visit.

Cheers
Wistrel

I don't even know what the heck a new camera systme would be nor would I care.
Want my opinion? STOP now and work on something else
Remember when you released the Moon and space outside it was lootable? Thanks.
Can you get a camera on me while I'm takin it up the ass by pirate exploiters that you allow to steal?

Oh god I hope it's not an over the shoulder view - I hate that view style! And in a game that's just a matter of hot key smashing (zero stealth or advanced combat tactics) an over the shoulder view is beyond pointless!!

Oh god I hope it's not an over the shoulder view - I hate that view style! And in a game that's just a matter of hot key smashing (zero stealth or advanced combat tactics) an over the shoulder view is beyond pointless!!

totally pointless

one of the last good things in this game is the "third person view" cam!
if you brake this too I think many of us will finally look for the "Exit"!
that's the whole truth :scratch2:

I hope it will be pvp improving. Imagine to hit for head 1 instant kill, chest is 50% HP and foot, hand etc less. Reminds me of Counter Strike, the pure aiming :D

Exciting this is. Just wish they could say what exactly it is about. Dunno why holding it secret while some entropias are going to see it as if it is a gamge change or economy impact ... Makes no sense to me at all and i would be rude here if i have to when things doesn't make sense.

To give some more details on this camera system, it has to do with the controls for third person, first person aim mode, and the cursor mode. It is designed to make gameplay smoother and more immersive.

All I want to know is...

Is this new camera system finally going to resolve the 'Falling through floors' bug that plagues this game????

If not then when is that going to be looked into?

Please give us some answers...

:(

All I want to know is...

Is this new camera system finally going to resolve the 'Falling through floors' bug that plagues this game????

If not then when is that going to be looked into?

Please give us some answers...

:(

Hopefully it solves the auto targeting issue as well.

Hopefully it solves the auto targeting issue as well.

...And the Autoloot issues where it seems like the 5 meter range is considered from the camera position and not the avatar's position...

Back