MindArk Test Workshop

how many have you seen? :laugh:

From MA, not that many(this is possitive)
but seriously, 8 ppl & they have to invest to go there.. give me an option to try it ingame & i'll let you know what i think of it for free

This is like 10 mini presidents of camera systems

From MA, not that many(this is possitive)
but seriously, 8 ppl & they have to invest to go there.. give me an option to try it ingame & i'll let you know what i think of it for free

This is like 10 mini presidents of camera systems

But it is a fun and unique experience for the choosen ones. I bet they will have a blast :)

Why i feel another waste of supply mindark not have to improve fix something most us not care

make_eu_great_again.jpg

Stop playing around with other people's money be accountable for when you fuck up. Try to think of new innovative ideas instead of copy pasting other people's ideas and failing at them.

Mindark Boardroom: oh hey look how these mobile games making loads of money, we need a piece of that juicy money to.

Result: Compet to little to late

Mindark Boardroom: oh hey look how these crypto currency's making loads of money, we need a piece of that juicy money to.

Result: Deeptoken to little to late

Result
Mindark Boardroom: oh hey look how these Fortnite type games making loads of money, we need a piece of that juicy money to.

Result: New camera system + new type of Entropia fortnite game to little to late

make_eu_great_again.jpg

Stop playing around with other people's money be accountable for when you fuck up. Try to think of new innovative ideas instead of copy pasting other people's ideas and failing at them.

Mindark Boardroom: oh hey look how these mobile games making loads of money, we need a piece of that juicy money to.

Result: Compet to little to late

Mindark Boardroom: oh hey look how these crypto currency's making loads of money, we need a piece of that juicy money to.

Result: Deeptoken to little to late

Result
Mindark Boardroom: oh hey look how these Fortnite type games making loads of money, we need a piece of that juicy money to.

Result: New camera system + new type of Entropia fortnite game to little to late

Can I please have a copy of that graphic that is compliant with the forum's signature rules?

wouldn't want to mangle your IP :)

I like the idea with a workshop.
But i agree with others in this thread that we mostly want u to fix the stuff that need to be fixed first.:wtg::wise:

Of course bringing people over to the HQ is an awesome idea. I would think they should do it every year with 25 EU players picked out of a lucky draw or something.

I will hold my judgement of the camera system as it can be something awesome for sure. People have complained for years that EU is a grind and if some elements can be changed to make it more immersive I am all for it.

I like the whole idea overall though about getting participation for testing from the community. :thumbup:

Of course bringing people over to the HQ is an awesome idea. I would think they should do it every year with 25 EU players picked out of a lucky draw or something. :

Yup, make the trip lootable.
And make it trade-able so if you cant attend, you can sell it for some nice MU :wtg:

Vr? ......................

Not so easy to implement VR to entropia. I still have oculus rift for making unreal engine VR stuff. And want you realy have a headset for hours on you? I think VR should be used for Special things and games, realy fit the VR theme. For a MMO like EU, i dont see any reason to have VR. It also have a bad resolution, compared with a good monitor.

Sounds like a fun experience! Congrats to the winners-to-be who gets an option to visit the infamous Iron-square of GBG.:cool:

"Up to eight participants will be selected from the pool of applicants..."

Lawyers must have been involved. They even allowed for less than 8 applicants. LMAO

if it is the VR, it will certainly be for the battle simulator , no interest to do hunting or mining and even less the craft and walk in a low-end decors.
in the end deeptoken/bank/new system of view it does a lot of things that have nothing to do with our requests ,so the interest that MA brings to the players is all relative.

Does anyone ever bother to just check out their website? There are the words "Business VR" right on their homepage with a link to further details. (Edit - my bad, it says right in OP "for the Entropia Universe client". So in responding to posts immediately above, think first then post has its limitations, obviously :D )

Last edited:
Whoever gets selected, make sure to have them release new club, whips, and powerfist weapons :cool::cool:

we're melee users too ya know!

VR

sweating_never_looked_this_cool.jpg

I never enjoyed losing ped on Entropia Universe, i do not think ill enjoy it more with VR goggles on.

Some statistics

Out of all the gamers in the world how many people play Entropia Universe?
Answer: not many
Out of all the (not many) players does Mindark think have VR goggles and are going to use them playing Entropia Universe.
Answer: even less.

It's not the graphics, it's the game play.

Just to clarify a bit; the new camera system is not VR related.

Reactions: das
I still haven't figured out what you would use a camera for in regards to VR.

Thanks for clarifying.

MA will use your webcam for facial recognitions. It will scan your face each time you loot a mob. If the looter has a happy face the system will keep giving crap loots as usual.
But if the camera detects a face that's about to explode and rage quit the loot system will generate some swirlies to make the looter smile again.

MA will use your webcam for facial recognitions. It will scan your face each time you loot a mob. If the looter has a happy face the system will keep giving crap loots as usual.
But if the camera detects a face that's about to explode and rage quit the loot system will generate some swirlies to make the looter smile again.

OMG that's hilarious!

I was just discussing something similar in another thread. That's too much I wonder if there are companies already doing this. Not for loot, but I wonder what.

The best use I immediately see is gesture controls and maybe even eye tracking if the camera is good enough. I wonder what else they'll do.

Yes, this is the feature i'm looking for...I believe i'd be doing extremely well with a loot system like that

angry.jpg

Great post! I've been trying to get in touch with the loot server telepathically but the results have been poor. If anything, the loot server has been getting in touch with me on occassions. All this technology is mucking up our psycho-abilities, but maybe this camera system will be the link we've been waiting for!

You should also include a poll with this thread as to whether or not this is a top 25 issue with EU according to its user base. You could gain a lot more positive rep from your customers if you actually delivered what you state in your roadmaps for the year or AT LEAST take steps in the direction of delivering what you've already collected funds for. (Arkadia Moon set aside )

Have at least a little hope for MA. They likely did some 3rd party market testing and found out making a better camera system to be a top priority to acquire new users.

Hmm four days later and I'm wondering if it means the camera as in the view point we have of the game world rather than an actual video camera :laugh:

what about mindark's first official twitch streaming? :yup: :silly2:

1. Get the camera and char controls exactly like .. "A.A." you will end up with an "award nominee" product at least! End of story! (i use abbrevation in purpose for the forum rules, but check XL games company and you'll find what I'm talking about)!

2. MA Twitch channel? It's very good to be true.... sci fi story LOL

In that case I hope you don't introduce any weird stuff (dof, strafe, motion blur, etc..). Games like that make me puke literally, I get motion sickness very easily and start feeling terrible. Only lasts for about 30 minutes but I'm unable to play.

Or if you do let us configure it and disable the new stuff.

I don't know what I would do if EU becomes one of the games that make me feel sick :(

Thanks, was wondering already. The text actually didn't say it but it was nearly everybody's (self included) first thought.

In that case though, why the effort with travelling? You could offer a test client for download, possibly to selected/qualified people. I know of a competing game company that does this liberally either for testing new features or bug hunting and usually offers some event or incentive to go with it.

Back