MindArk Test Workshop

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]MindArk Test Workshop[/h]Would you like to visit the MindArk offices and help test a new camera system for the Entropia Universe client?

MindArk is hosting a special testing workshop at its offices in Gothenburg, Sweden on October 12, 2018. The purpose of the test is to gain valuable feedback from both new and veteran Entropians to put the final touches on the new camera system.

The workshop will include a tour of the MindArk offices and a complimentary lunch with several MindArk staff. Selected participants will also be reimbursed for one night hotel accommodation in Gothenburg (up to 1500 SEK).

Interested parties should complete the following application before September 16th, 2018. Up to eight participants will be selected from the pool of applicants to offer a range of opinions from a cross-section of the Entropia Universe community. Selected applicants will be contacted via email around September 21, 2018 to confirm their participation in the workshop.

Originally Posted Here

New camera system???

A very nice Initiative and Idea ..:)))

Sounds interesting, Especialy that in the application form they ask about PvP. i´d love me some PvP action again. Also i like the approach that Mindark invites people over to test something, an outside view can help alot since the person working on something might be too biased to find the rough edges. Like with an typo in a text you wrote and you just read over it all the time but another person finds it in an instant.

Last edited:
Facial login system, put your face on your avatar or video chat?

What about looking through all those support cases ppl make on a weekly bases about bugs, exploiters and things that been needing fixing for ages from ppl who spend alot of hours and money in this game before trying to brag us something new on? no offence but you guys in MA has a ton of opinions about what could make this game better so use that instead of changes things before the old is fixed.

New camera system???

Yep, because whenever there's a thread about the things that people want to see changed and improved in EU, top of everyone's list is always a new camera system.

:rolleyes:

i'd prefer if they'd deliver the stuff they promised and/or sold already, or did they forget about all of them?!?

i agree a test workshop makes sense, but i'd rather use it to fix the dozens of bugs people get sick about already.

and who in hell asked for a new camera system hmm? are you really that bored at MAHQ, or did the new CEO invalidate all old promises? :scratch2:

PS: no answer expected.

To give some more details on this camera system, it has to do with the controls for third person, first person aim mode, and the cursor mode. It is designed to make gameplay smoother and more immersive.

it's a good idea only if the selected people are part of 2 fanboy / septic groups :yup:
it may be interesting, but again it is not the improvements that are really expected
we have already changed the PC for the beautiful Cryengine2 shit, it still feels the shit on this side :laugh:

To give some more details on this camera system, it has to do with the controls for third person, first person aim mode, and the cursor mode. It is designed to make gameplay smoother and more immersive.

Awesome! Thank you so much for clarifying. I wish I could make it out there, as I would love to participate!

its a hotkey game... nothing immersive about it...

I think that's what this update is trying to change....?

Not everything has to be next target, next target.... Even if that's mainly what I do, I also take time to enjoy the game sights for what it is and anything extra could be fun too. Oh and also if you know how to actually kite effectively, it's not just a hotkey game.

I would love to be considered for this. I am hoping that MA can see the value in a veteran with a huge Entropia background and following being a part of this!

Although I cant paticipate at this workshop, it is very nice that MA finally involves players for pre VU testing and maybe listen to them.

Well done!

What others already said, why working on a new camera system, when there is tons of bugs to fix.
Promised content not delivered since years.

?????

application sent. not mainly for their camera thingy, but because i've started developing 27 and playing multiplayer games 24 years ago (on a tokenring network!). i've played both ladder & league tournaments for some international clans in the times of 56k modems, 128k isdn, and was the LPB with 300k cable connection ;)

i've also coded my own 3D engine 23 years ago at school, in the age of 16 without any further knowledge of 3D, but after i've learned about trigonometric functions in maths. looked even worse than wolfenstein, no textures, but i did it, and i did it in QB on a 386! :laugh:

at school we've also played multiplayer doom and some vector 3D asteroids-alike game i can't remember the name of. half-life made me look into map creation, so you can imagine, i don't lack hobby experience with 3D engines, over half-life- and unreal- up to our beloved cryengines.

tldr: i wanna know why everything is so complicated for those poor guys over there, especially to make us happy. i've even added my phonenumber in the application, so it only takes some balls and a phone to get back to me. decide yourself if you wanna invite me, i'll probably ask tough technical questions. but i'll behave!
:hammer:

I would love to be considered for this. I am hoping that MA can see the value in a veteran with a huge Entropia background and following being a part of this!

Stream the visit on your twitch channel! ;)

:scratch2:

Could you tell us more? It seems like you kind of have it covered already?

1,500 Swedish Krona = 164.63 United States Dollars

"Up to eight Swedes will be selected from the pool of applicants to offer a range of opinions from a cross-section of the Entropia Universe community."

Fixed that for you Bertha.

EU kinect.

Not sure about the gear, but I do like them inviting players in for testing and early feedback.

GG MA

I will if they let me :)

Yes, please stream it if possible. I want to see what type of stripper poles they have at MA HQ.

Just Kidding, Just Kidding.

cool idea, hopefully both MA and the community can benefit a lot from this.

Sounds interesting....

Consider me interested. :yup:

Sure, register in time & get your ass to Sweden..
Biggest bs beta test selection I have ever seen..

Back