MindArk Test Workshop

The more info you give the more you get me worried :). I understand we are going to lose the free 360'/180' camera but hopefully won't be forced to see the world through narrow slits of our helmets, even though that would increase performance tremendously :D (what performance anyway, I have zero issues with performance)

If we loose that view... this would basically be the end for me.

Ijust want to know if this whole game is going first person. I'd TBH like to see some footage of this.

I was quite serious in the letter from the CEO thread it's Mindark's option to evolve the game how they like.

However as someone who has played maybe 15 - 20 hours of first person perspective games since i got my atari 2600 in 1980 or whenever that was I will swallow everything I ever said and leave.

I'm not excited and eager to see the new interface. With what is being said here I'm panicking and ready to quit.

Same here. I'm sure we are not the only ones. Why MA do this when no one asked for it is just insane. It sounds strongly like they are about to shit from a very great height on THE ONE THING that made the game good (the camera/ fully customisable/mappable control system)

Thanks for sharing your story...Above is going to be a hard sell no matter how intuitive and great the new controls may be.

Upsetting a long standing status quo is always a big gamble.

Still not convinced this is either the feature to mess with or the right timing to be doing it...

Good Luck!

The more I hear... the more this reminds me of when MS got rid of the "start button"... then they "brought it back" but actually all they did was bring back the button - not the functionality. They kept the stupid full screen monstrosity.

What followed was a generation of windows effectively lost (8) and confidence so far gone they had to give away the next release (10) of the operating system

c'mon mindark post a video on youtube, it's no rocket science :girl:

If we loose that view... this would basically be the end for me.

Well unfortunately you're going to be sticking around! ?

Not sure if you are just trolling or trying hard to play devil's advocate but I can tell you they are being more open and transparent about this than I've seen them with any other update!

Fist, this is still in early stages of Bata, even when we tasted it it wasn't perfect, there were still issues.

Wish I could give you a video of what I seen and maybe MA will give one but it's almost the same as we have now. You get full 360 and can zoom in and out from scoped first person to back from your person in 3rd person. There was only over the shoulder for right handed, but they said they would see about left handed.

The main changes you are going to see are in how you target mobs and interact! It is made little more easy, LESS keystrokes to do what you already do!

Go ahead and ask specific questions and I'll be happy to answer if I can. But if you troll I'll just ignore you. ?

you'll be happy to hear that this was actually sped up significantly in the alpha version of the new camera system I played

Nice, let's hope it's not only for alpha test.. :yup:

_______

Another suggestion, even two...

If you do that new camera system for a more immersive experience in hunt, I think it would be essential to fix two important things while you're at it;

1/ The "broken" hit boxes of mobs.

Cause it's not nice when auto-aim/next-target don't works properly, and we have to move left/right and jump until it finally manage to reach the hit box. :wise:

This happens ALOT, and on most mobs.
Don't ask me which mobs, really it would be alot faster to tell which ones are not broken.

If it can help I'll try to explain something whith my bad english..;

This happens 99% of times when the mob is not perfectly aligned whith the avatar.
For an example, if avatar aim a mob that is to the North, it will works nice when the mob looks exactly to the North or to the South. (except for some specific mobs that are hard to aim even when perfectly aligned, like Prancer for example)
That's why it works nice most of times when the mob start to agro and is running to avatar, but then it makes us unable to use full range of weapon.

2/ Next-target DON'T works when using auto-loot on high agro mobs.

As far as I remember it was working nice before auto-loot was introduced.
Because we'd have to click something to loot each time between each "next-target click".

With auto-loot we can use auto-fire at begining and then we only click next-target several times while it still shooting.
Just try this on mob that move alot and see what's happen.
Best is to try it on big spawn of Atrax, after 2 minutes you'll see your avatar picking some "random" mobs far away from you while 15 others mobs are chewing your armor...

So I think next-target should pick the closest mob "in real time" whatever happens.
(And if 2 mobs are at same distance, why not make it pick the one that needs less rotation)

3/ Oh and maybe tell to flying mobs to stop hit us from underground ?
Birds have nothing to do underground, or Ostrich maybe.. :girl:

1/ The "broken" hit boxes of mobs.

Cause it's not nice when auto-aim/next-target don't works properly, and we have to move left/right and jump until it finally manage to reach the hit box. :wise:

This happens ALOT, and on most mobs.
Don't ask me which mobs, really it would be alot faster to tell which ones are not broken.

If it can help I'll try to explain something whith my bad english..;

This happens 99% of times when the mob is not perfectly aligned whith the avatar.
For an example, if avatar aim a mob that is to the North, it will works nice when the mob looks exactly to the North or to the South. (except for some specific mobs that are hard to aim even when perfectly aligned, like Prancer for example)
That's why it works nice most of times when the mob start to agro and is running to avatar, but then it makes us unable to use full range of weapon.

This issue was pretty much completely fixed in the alpha we played, actually, hitbox issues/alignment issues and all, worked really well.

2/ Next-target DON'T works when using auto-loot on high agro mobs.

As far as I remember it was working nice before auto-loot was introduced.
Because we'd have to click something to loot each time between each "next-target click".

With auto-loot we can use auto-fire at begining and then we only click next-target several times while it still shooting.
Just try this on mob that move alot and see what's happen.
Best is to try it on big spawn of Atrax, after 2 minutes you'll see your avatar picking some "random" mobs far away from you while 15 others mobs are chewing your armor...

So I think next-target should pick the closest mob "in real time" whatever happens.
(And if 2 mobs are at same distance, why not make it pick the one that needs less rotation)

Logic was changed to be better here as well so it wasn't really much of a problem anymore.

3/ Oh and maybe tell to flying mobs to stop hit us from underground ?
Birds have nothing to do underground, or Ostrich maybe.. :girl:

Not really related to the camera system, but I/we definitely brought up and complained about this issue while we were there.

Back