Herman ARK (L) series weapons (Crafting)

rvbarton

Dominant
Society
Shaolin
Aryana Ary Softheart
I'm curious where these blueprints come from?

I know you can buy the Herman ARK-0 (L) Blueprint from the Technician. Do you just craft this weapon and hope the next level weapon blueprint drops? Or are they a loot from killing a mob?

I've crafted a few of these hoping for a blueprint drop (only around 300-400), but no other blueprints have dropped, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for your time and help!

-Aryana Ary Softheart

Blueprints are dropped while crafting....and yes the droprate on new blueprints isnt very good nowadays...

mostly ppl buy other ones...bec they have dropped in the past....

on wiki you have also (not 100% acurate ofc) a chart where you see which bp drops which bp ...but as said those infos were from past and noone knows the droprate nowadays...

GL,
Eddie

Thank you. I figured that.

The wiki doesn't say in detail what bp drops what. I figure i just have to craft 1000 of the herman ark-0 and pray to the RNG gods...

I appreciate that guide, thank you. good information in there.

Interesting bit though, from the guide:

Looting BPs:
the range of lootables BPs compared to BP being used/BP wanted: +-3 level
examples:
If you craft with a level 2 BP, then you can loot level 1-5 BPs
If you craft with a level 5 BP, then you can loot level 2-8 BPs
If you want to loot EP I, which is a level 1 BP, then you need to grind on a level 1-4 BP
If you want to loot EP IV, which is a level 7 BP, then you need to grind on a level 4-10 BP
and so on.​

I decided to try my luck on bulk crafting of the Herman ARK-0 (L). did batches of 15, and on 3d batch, I landed a BP: ArMatrix BC-35 (L) Blueprint (L). So that stands to reason. I will keep pushing on, hoping to get the BP I want, which is a Herman blp low level pistol to match the rifle I'm crafting.

any other tips or helpful information is greatly appreciated. :)

Yes this is generally how it goes, keep doing batches of the cheapest weapon click you can, or something for markup as it sells, until some new BP pops up.

I would suggest though, especially for non- Calypso planets, to look into weapon tech gizmos for this purpose.
Fairly easy to gather all of the parts needed to craft the basic components, a good chunk of of it being no markup nanocubes.

The only problem with this route is it tends to take up some ped making the stacks of parts while you do cycles, but for general oils and mostly no markup nanocube stuff, it is pretty effective for blueprint gathering. Like all things worth doing though, needs a bit of a bankroll.

If you can click a weapon and find someone who can use it at some markup, then that can be the way to avoid loss, but this is also much slower.

Those (L) bps will have a slightly higher chance of BP drops also over time. because they are boosted to 95% max success rate.

non Skill Increase Bonus cap at 90%.
SIB and (L) prints will cap at 95% with high qr and skill,will say if is in learning/not anymore or Never if non SIB.

The Herman ARK-0 (L) is a SIB print so if get that to 1.00 qr, (or if can find a cheap already QR'd print) would have best blueprint drop chances,and same as (L) prints.

Otherwise just keep at what you are doing, click what you can that isn't just throwing markup away, or at least at an acceptable loss for the chance of a bp/qr/skill ect.

Always don't forget the value of stacks you make along the way. PED disappears quick when stockpiling for items in this game, especially on planets like Ark. But before panicking realize you have a lot of stacks likely soaking up a chunk of your perceived loss.

GL on your quest.

Good stuff, thank you Thank You! :)

Yes this is generally how it goes, keep doing batches of the cheapest weapon click you can, or something for markup as it sells, until some new BP pops up.

I would suggest though, especially for non- Calypso planets, to look into weapon tech gizmos for this purpose.
Fairly easy to gather all of the parts needed to craft the basic components, a good chunk of of it being no markup nanocubes.

What i'm wondering is wether or not those tech gizmo have increased BP drop chance.

As it goes for level 1 weapon grinding BPs for costs per click (i found so far, tt-value):
1.) Herman ARK-0 - 0.64 PED/click (Arkadia - SIB)
2.) Enkidd Dire S-1 - 0.70 PED/click (Cyrene - SIB)
4.) Mann MPH - 0.80 PED/click (universal - nonSiB)
3.) Grindhouse Sleaze - 0.84 PED/click (Rocktropia - SIB)

now the issue with Gizmo, it's 10 pec loss in TT per click @95% return.
at herman ark-0 it's 3.2 pec per click
at enkidd it's 3.5 pec per click
at mann MPH it's 8 pec per click (because non-sib)
at grindhouse sleaze it's 4.2 pec click

So the tt loss on regular weapons is quite lower than it is for gizmo.

Assuming the chance for BP drop doesn't scale lineary with costs per click and is rather constant, buying the raw materials for less than 110% for regular weapons should be better cost efficient wise than doing weapon gizmo with 106% average raw material MU... (exception for this mann MPH ofc)

if the drop chances scale lineary with costs per click (2 times costs = 2 times drop chance), then craft whatever has lowest average MU...

So, got to figure out how drop chances scale with click costs.

Edit: ofc it's always better to grind on something that sells and has MU :D

Last edited:
What i'm wondering is wether or not those tech gizmo have increased BP drop chance.

As it goes for level 1 weapon grinding BPs for costs per click (i found so far, tt-value):
1.) Herman ARK-0 - 0.64 PED/click (Arkadia - SIB)
2.) Enkidd Dire S-1 - 0.70 PED/click (Cyrene - SIB)
4.) Mann MPH - 0.80 PED/click (universal - nonSiB)
3.) Grindhouse Sleaze - 0.84 PED/click (Rocktropia - SIB)

now the issue with Gizmo, it's 10 pec loss in TT per click @95% return.
at herman ark-0 it's 3.2 pec per click
at enkidd it's 3.5 pec per click
at mann MPH it's 8 pec per click (because non-sib)
at grindhouse sleaze it's 4.2 pec click

So the tt loss on regular weapons is quite lower than it is for gizmo.

Assuming the chance for BP drop doesn't scale lineary with costs per click and is rather constant, buying the raw materials for less than 110% for regular weapons should be better cost efficient wise than doing weapon gizmo with 106% average raw material MU... (exception for this mann MPH ofc)

if the drop chances scale lineary with costs per click (2 times costs = 2 times drop chance), then craft whatever has lowest average MU...

So, got to figure out how drop chances scale with click costs.

Edit: ofc it's always better to grind on something that sells and has MU :D

MA definitely implied that the gizmo/widget BPs would be useful for grinding drops, IMO. Of course you could make an entire book out of analyzing their press releases for useful data.

Over long term seeing consistent increased TT losses to the BPs they indicate for this kind of activity is upsetting. I stick to other items due to cpc mainly and do larger clicks on mostly my own loot, so I'm not actively watching for this.

Thanks for sharing some numbers to explain your conclusion. You specify a couple BPs that people grind for similar purposes to the low level widgets, have you done any looking at how returns on the training BPs compare with numbers for your other crafting in general?

I mean, larger clicks or items you typically wouldn't just "grind" on but click for MV or personal use.

They said those BPs wouldn't have any use but honestly they did such a thorough job that if you're not interested in the general community or economy, you can grind nothing else all the way from beginner to pretty high levels.

I still think it's a lot better than more EP. But I wonder if I should just be ignoring them for my personal purposes. Right now it seems like a viable option for when I feel like doing some larger CPC runs with little hope of actually realizing any MU.

have you done any looking at how returns on the training BPs compare with numbers for your other crafting in general?

no.
From my 267694 tracked clicks in total on about 130 different crafts, i'd say it just tends towards 95% overall return and individual crafts can range from 46% return to up to 450% return...
Individiual with larger click sizes (10+k) however seem to end up in the 85-96% return range.

Last edited:
I just want to find the BP's for my personal use. I love the Herman-ARK 0. Its been invaluable since I've started crafting & using them. I simply want to work myself up the chain on that weapon series. I really like them.

Granted I'm new to the game, and my shiny optimism wants me to believe I will find them, realistically, I think I may just have to settle.

I'm hoping someone sees this post and can help me find the BP's I'm looking for.

I sincerely value the comments and posts here. The logic & theory stated is very easy to understand, and any new knowledge for me is invaluable. I'm new to the game, so my learning period is early (>6 months played).

thanks for everyone's contribution!

Crafting your own weapons is a difficult task.

Going for ark specific weapons is even harder now that MA has infested every planet with gizmo and armatrix BPs. You only get about 1 blueprint drop per 100 clicks on weapons, so getting a 4th gizmo I bp when you cant afford many clicks is very frustrating.

As you move up the chain, you will have to import materials from caly since all the required "universal" materials do not drop on ark.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the auction and pick up blueprints when they show up for sale.

If you are running a limited budget, do not bother with the gizmo chain. It is rewarding once you get to the higher tiers but it will tie up a huge amount of ped. Clicking the lower tiers and selling off before you get to gizmo VIIIs means you will lose a huge amount of MU. Its best to find a nice 1-2 ped per click low MU bp in the range of what blueprints you want to loot to click.

Crafting your own weapons is a difficult task.

Going for ark specific weapons is even harder now that MA has infested every planet with gizmo and armatrix BPs. You only get about 1 blueprint drop per 100 clicks on weapons, so getting a 4th gizmo I bp when you cant afford many clicks is very frustrating.

As you move up the chain, you will have to import materials from caly since all the required "universal" materials do not drop on ark.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the auction and pick up blueprints when they show up for sale.

If you are running a limited budget, do not bother with the gizmo chain. It is rewarding once you get to the higher tiers but it will tie up a huge amount of ped. Clicking the lower tiers and selling off before you get to gizmo VIIIs means you will lose a huge amount of MU. Its best to find a nice 1-2 ped per click low MU bp in the range of what blueprints you want to loot to click.

So, if I want level 1-3 bp's, I need to find a BP at level 1?

I spent some time crafting the Attachment Tech Gizmo I blueprint using the components I crafted myself. And while this may be anecdotal due to not a large enough data set, I found that I get way more blueprint drops while doing so. I typically craft in runs of 200-300 depending on how many oils I have made while hunting monsters, and in more than 1 run I have gotten upwards of 6 blueprints. Now while they do vary I have found a lot of them to have such high markup like level 2-6 amplifiers, that it makes up for my TT loss from clicking the blueprint in the first place. Other times i just get a lot of tech gizmo blueprints or duplicate unsellable blueprints. but those limited finder amp bps tend to offset my costs by a large margin. And that is without considering that the gizmos have a 10%MU themselves to resell to someone wanting to click level II's or whatnot.

If I can find some tech gizmos with decent QR I might work my way up the ladder until I get to an oil with MU that make is not worth clicking. Also I did this on attachments, if you do the Weapon Tech Gizmos, you will probably end up with a lot of armatrix BP's you can sell for profit, especially the LR versions. I have not tested this yet, but it was on my to-do list to find out.

Also, I craft on caly, so I would assume if you went to Arkadia you would get their blueprints instead so Terra Amp components and the like.

Also, I craft on caly, so I would assume if you went to Arkadia you would get their blueprints instead so Terra Amp components and the like.

these blueprints don't drop any longer.. I've tried crafting on Arkadia, but only get armatrix blueprints.

these blueprints don't drop any longer.. I've tried crafting on Arkadia, but only get armatrix blueprints.

So how do you get the component blueprints for the Terra Amp series?

So how do you get the component blueprints for the Terra Amp series?

no clue. this thread was started discussing Herman ARK(L) series weapons, not amps or other items.

Back