Suggestion: Enhanced Dialog Leaving Planet

Atrax

Prowler
Mutant Atrax Stalker
This just came to me during another conversation about why there are not the sort of complaints about PK on planet that we see about space.

I know that adding more text doesn't always add to the effectiveness of a clickthrough dialog. But what if it showed you a list of the items you are about to lose? Like the list you see when you click "sell" at the TT or use the repair terminal.

That would not only provide a much more clear and immediate warning to inexperienced players, it would help those who rush off planet with a forgotten stack of ore, or a few tokens forgotten next to a stack of pills in inventory.

Even a single item appearing in this list would grab my attention instantly. I think that besides newer players who may not be properly aware of what they can lose, tired/intoxicated/bored could benefit from this as well.

Better to make it a reverse confirmation - show the list of lootable items that are about to be autotransferred in your storage if you choose to leave planet - players can uncheck the box and choose to carry all those items into space. (or have a checkbox on every lootable item und uncheck which ones you want to take to space)
If in passenger seat make it like trade deal confirmation - the passenger has to agree to go to space when he is ready (same for summon accepts).

The big diffrence is in space, you need to switch servers (loading time)
In normal pvp you just enter.
Also space travel is impossible W/O pvp while I can pretty much hunt whatever i want w/o going into lootable pvp..
Enough mulmun/mulaaf'k events outside pvp.

RCE & lootable pvp just don't go hand in hand, sure, pirates would love it but they don't contribute to the community in any way imo. All they do is camp & cash out (& some serious exploiting whenever they have the chance)

Better to make it a reverse confirmation - show the list of lootable items that are about to be autotransferred in your storage if you choose to leave planet - players can uncheck the box and choose to carry all those items into space. (or have a checkbox on every lootable item und uncheck which ones you want to take to space)
If in passenger seat make it like trade deal confirmation - the passenger has to agree to go to space when he is ready (same for summon accepts).

Actually, that's great. A bit more implementation but at that point the "Default" action becomes leaving with no loot no matter how much you forgot.

Also the "click through without understanding" type would get protected, and it would be a different kind of laugh when they got to a new planet and said "hey where's my stuff" lol.

The main problem here is that it makes MA have to work :/ And if they get something wrong it is more work.

I love the idea though. :wtg:

The main problem here is that it makes MA have to work :/ And if they get something wrong it is more work.

I love the idea though. :wtg:

'scuse me while I put this RK-5 into a nice, safe planet storage slot for you.

:lolup:

Taken from a post by sawachika:

current_vs_suggestion.jpeg

Yes, I had the same thought. This is really needed actually. I always check 3 or more times before entering space but even so, this would provide the sort of confirmation that would put my mind at ease before I enter space.

I've cleared my inventory tabs several times only to realize later that I had lootables accidentally in a "merch" container stacked into my inventory.

This would be great. It wouldn't always stop me but it would guarantee a 100% conscious choice to carry the loot.

EDIT: Also mining is my least profession, this means I sometimes forget to check for ores and enmats that have been returned to my carried inventory by the crafting machine.

Last edited:
what about an (L) tool that decays 5-10 pec per use, and only shows you the list what would be lootable? maybe even on others like a scanner? :D

what about an (L) tool that decays 5-10 pec per use, and only shows you the list what would be lootable? maybe even on others like a scanner? :D

Equipping a tool while in a vehicle?

This would open SO. MANY. DOORS.

Targeting another player (passenger/victim) or object (ship/asteroid) while in flight?

PRICELESS.

Forgetting to pay to scan yourself after you just forgot to check yourself manually?

Well we would have the setup for space mining, at least ;) Also I have wanted for a very long time a "player inventory scanner". Atrax are nosy lol.

Back