Mining Changes Since "Decreased Volatility" adjustments Spring 2018

DaJuggernaut

I wanted to check the pulse of miners out there that have been experiencing the (what I would call) dramatic changes that seem to be happening to mining. Some things that I have noticed in the time period from March 2018 to Sept 2018.

1) Reduction in the average claim size: Following the change I found a reduction in the average claim size as well as the typical multiplier size for larger claims, this has been for both amped and unamped runs. I have found that very recently the average size has decreased even further e.g. average size for an unamped ore run has dropped from a poor to small (mode) to something closer to a poor (mode) with a higher frequency of poors and more very poors than in the past.

2) Dynamics such as resources shutting off have increased (most experience with this is on RT / Ark) e.g. Ark PVP mining where ores go from the standard mix to exclusively Lyst with no other ore available for some period of time. I have found that these "shut offs" have increased significantly in frequency, not sure about duration though.

3) Resource distribution changes - though this experience goes back a bit further than Spring 2018, many resources have been changed in their proportion / mix in many areas. the best examples of these are 1 - elimination of Quantium from NI entirely and the shift of Pyrite out of lootable PVP and into non lootable PVP on Caly

Are there other changes that miners have noticed? How is the mining community adjusting to the frequent changes that seem to happen far more often than before (at least in the 2.5 years of my experience mining in EU)?

Changes are made all the time, nothing new about that.

There are always great / good / normal / bad / terrible times

EDIT : I had bad results with enm, even with a HR of over 40% I could only get 85-90% TT return on most servers. With ores (on some servers again) I stopped very fast since TT return was 50-60%.

Tested with / without amp yesterday, HR of 40% on enm without amp, putted amp on and HR dropped to 30%, removed amp and it went back up to 40%

Last edited:
I think they reverted it back to the old way a few weeks ago.

i'd still wish they would revert crafting & mining to the way they were before loot 2.0...

crafting returns are as low as 77.8% in 4,4k clicks...
and on planet side even mining runs with return as low as 61%....
hell even worse with <50% return runs... my last 8 hell runs were all about 50% return...last run was even only 32%...

multipliers are way too scarce/small for those low base-returns...

all i've experienced in their "decreased volatility" is an significantly greater volatility...

I've noticed a large drop on my returns since May. I change between hunting and mining and the returns are always on the negative side for the past 4 months.

So i would say, yes, something definitly changed.

i wish they would revert mining back to the really old mining where there were no amps available. that was a lot better

i wish they would revert mining back to the really old mining where there were no amps available. that was a lot better

lol now I'm tempted to go dig up VU notes from adding amps i wonder when that was.

I remember 2 kinds of amp, but not zero you old goat.

Also I want to mention that there's probably a good deal of hoarding right now. Especially of ark resources and if MA doesn't allow a lot of that out due to population or whatever it might be enough to have a noticeable effect. This could help explain them obviously "shutting off" lately.

No numbers to add otherwise, sorry. Past 4 weeks I'm in maybe 60 - 80 drops. Indoor sucks, planet's better, for some reason my rookie finder likes PVP3. Most fun i had with it in this time frame was amping up and bombing around celeste harbor (maybe 20 drops) for a while with an amplifier level1.

.6/1.15/1.8 ped drop gives mostly IV claims it's quite amusing. I posted a pic somewhere of a double hit on the porch of the Miner's Den.

->Equip f-105, get screwed.<- I know this for a fact right now so I'd have to say you guys are probably onto something.

I'm here for the amp comment sorry :silly2: But also the hoarding might be relevant. It would affect the resource types, but hopefully not TT.

I have mixed feeling but I've been spending my peds instead of trying to prep.

EDIT: Actually with EU the system might be 'loading' the loot pool right now. I (sort of) hope so, because mining is going to blow up the same day as crafting. I don't have any idea what universe wide turnover is like lately.

Last edited:

just bring back mining pre-2013....

amps, fine, 65% TT, fine, ATHs every day... yes please.

pm me when that comes back.

current system is this: keep dropping = standardized 90-92%

No kidding.

TBH I chipped up enough to 100% the ore finder -105 (lol whatever it was called) in my first couple of months. This means that ever since they combined everything, I'm constantly tempted into double or triple dropping in my f-105.

I literally might as well just form people up in a line and give them my PED than skill up enmatter AND treasure hunting from practically 0 on the f-105.

Hence why I spend so much time with my rookie finder these days.

The weirdest stuff is happening. I max Terramaster VI, tier 8. I put Level 13 amps on. Do a whole 12 amp run. 90% return (with MU).

I use MD 40 NO AMPS on a 100 probe run, hit 3-6 level 3-4 claims in the same area, all over. 110% to 125% return. I'd rather mine a few heavy claims than 30 dinky ones.

The weirdest stuff is happening. I max Terramaster VI, tier 8. I put Level 13 amps on. Do a whole 12 amp run. 90% return (with MU).

I use MD 40 NO AMPS on a 100 probe run, hit 3-6 level 3-4 claims in the same area, all over. 110% to 125% return. I'd rather mine a few heavy claims than 30 dinky ones.

Exactly what I'm talking about. But with bigger toys :)

and what has been the ATH threshold back then? 20-30k?
Pretty certain if everyone would run level 13 amp indoors these days you would still see ATH every day for while.

About OP yes, some areas tend to give lyst from time to time. I used to go there drop few bombs if it was lyst was better to take a 2-3 days break (thats how bored i was with extracting that shit).

so whats teh problem with 90-92% return ? :p

Exactly what I'm talking about. But with bigger toys :)

i got to ask you to stay away from mining section also :) Total Loot: 2 035 PED :laugh:

This got to be most lame thing i heard. It could only come from a guy who plays the game as much as you.

"EDIT: Actually with EU the system might be 'loading' the loot pool right now. I (sort of) hope so, because mining is going to blow up the same day as crafting. I don't have any idea what universe wide turnover is like lately."

Last edited:
i got to ask you to stay away from mining section also :) Total Loot: 2 035 PED :laugh:

This got to be most lame thing i heard. It could only come from a guy who plays the game as much as you.

"EDIT: Actually with EU the system might be 'loading' the loot pool right now. I (sort of) hope so, because mining is going to blow up the same day as crafting. I don't have any idea what universe wide turnover is like lately."

<3 <3 Alina lol

You don't think MA stack the loot pool?

I already told you mining is my least profession. But thanks for double checking me.

:wtg:

You need some popcorn, for all that salt?

EDIT:

I didn't really count, I don't care. But maybe I dropped more than 60 drops this month.

No globals to show Alina though.

Just a bit of what was worth selling.

Edit 2:

I deleted another jab at alina. TBH guys I'm sorry i brought my forum stalker to the conversation.

I'm not a hardcore miner and I'm not a tracker/grinder in any profession. I've dropped probes around 2 planets and 2 indoor zones this month, with and without amps using partial level 1 and level 4.

No globals, No worries. I turn over MU and move along.

Also, some of my all time favorite posts on this entire forum are still from r4ttex (was it r4tt3x? not looking it up).

There's more than 1 way to play EU :yay:

Last edited:
Well personally I am loving the current method of mining. Dumb Proof lol. Relaxed. :wtg: MA. Also seriously being a miner of late, I can tell people have to be really be high on there horses to be complaining as miners. Literally the easiest thing to break even/profit among all 3 professions.

Yes mining with lvl 13 on a 5% taxed indoor mining area and getting 104% avg markup will bleed u dry but then that is your choice.

I don't really get why people look at tracker as a measure of a person's knowledge. As a hunter i used to make teams just to not been seen in EL. As a crafter/hunter the best places have been planets where most of the time EL does not pick up globals. Some of the dumbest things like crafting EP i have done which shows on EL and the smartest things are not.

While EL is a good measure of activity of a person in general it cannot be considered as a cardinal rule or a way to judge a person's knowledge of EU. That is my opinion at least.

I don't really get why people look at tracker as a measure of a person's knowledge. As a hunter i used to make teams just to not been seen in EL. As a crafter/hunter the best places have been planets where most of the time EL does not pick up globals. Some of the dumbest things like crafting EP i have done which shows on EL and the smartest things are not.

While EL is a good measure of activity of a person in general it cannot be considered as a cardinal rule or a way to judge a person's knowledge of EU. That is my opinion at least.

yes on hunt but on rest ? :)) nope... i got a problem when ppls only complain and they only interact with those guys that play for 10 years and still didn't manage to get profitable and they are also mentors lul

judge me i dont care

Alina is a special case. You can quickly scan her last 50 - 100 posts and see that more than half of them are just her insulting people. In a great deal of those posts she's making reference to their "tracker".

You can also see her saying that while she joined in 2004, she never deposited until 2016 so I'm not sure why she's so "salty" as she calls it.

Also it's really entropia life these days and the newer players trust it pretty completely. This allows Alina and some others to seem authoritative when they do this but people who actually remember when it was the entropia tracker also remember that it didn't always work very well.

As you noted team hunting and group activities used to be super common here, and they aren't really as much these days so a personal record on the tracker seems a lot more meaningful, if you have only started being active in the last couple of years.

yes on hunt but on rest ? :)) nope... i got a problem when ppls only complain and they only interact with those guys that play for 10 years and still didn't manage to get profitable and they are also mentors lul

judge me i dont care

I'm totally judging you because you've been chasing me around insulting me for a couple of weeks now. Judging you is simple because while you go around using entropia life to insult people, YOU HAVE PAID TO HIDE YOUR PROFILE. :duh:

I couldn't even come up with a better way to call you a hypocrite, or make people wonder if you're just lying.

That's golden.

Anyone here is more than welcome to have a chat with me about the game, or browse my history on multiple websites and see that I've been doing exactly what I say I've been doing, that I regularly share what information I have to help others better themselves, and that I'm very interested in all aspects of entropia.

I take feedback, I thank people for corrected or more up to date information. I always thank people that share their numbers, and I usually don't post if I actually have nothing to say about the topic at hand.

Also that I don't mind a little forum bs now and then. Give or take. But Alina, since you've been doing this for so long, and for some reason have decided to keep attacking me personally, it's really become too much.

I'm not ignorant about how mining works. I'm no wizeened uber miner with private maps and a million ped turnover, sure.

Still, you're no person to be telling me not to post in the mining forums. Or any forums.

I'm not even sure who you're talking about there that "only interact with those guys that played for ten years" but that's not about me at least.

Again, to the OP, to whoever cares, I'm sorry this happened here, again. I can't stop her, and I don't understand her agenda. But I'm absolutely done worrying about proving myself in the face of what she or anyone else says about entropia life.

So I have some additional, related to the topic chat (some would decline to call this "data") since I went out last night and (I know, I know) played the game. For some reason, I wanted to do some mining. :rolleyes:

So I grabbed my rookie finder...

I'm just joking. I went up to FOMA with my f-105 and I grabbed 2 level 5 amps. The thing is, not even halfway through, I quit. It was so bad.

Before I left I did 180 - 185 drops. But 90 - 95 of them were rookie drops. It's because I couldn't hit anything, and it wasn't just me. A friend logged in and I started chatting with her, and eventually realized that for over 15 minutes I hadn't seen one mining global.

At that time I had a few hits in the first thirty drops, just to make me feel good I'm sure because nothing for the next thirty five or so. Around about drop 65 I hit a small global, and then nothing else, by the time I was chatting with my friend I was 86 drops into a level 5 amp and pretty discouraged.

She was also discouraged, she's been doing 4 figure daily turnover in mining, and the same result. If you drop enough probes you're near 92% TT but nothing to do about markup. If you're not able to move the stacks for an average of 108% + you're burning your bankroll.

And for the last couple weeks, especially if you're amped it's hard to get the hits. Big bankroll can cover that but if you're not a nonstop grinder that can matter pretty fast. No one really wants to hit 100,000 drops to average out.

Anyways after the end of that conversation I dropped a couple more times. Still no globals really anywhere and nothing for me. I was in a dome that's got lyst and I had a big stack or probes so, out came the rookie finder. Nothing doing. I had been dropping straight ore but with the rookie finder I made just a couple of double drops, which is why I say 90 - 95, I'm not exactly sure by probe count. I went in three lyst domes.

In all of those rookie drops I made 2 small hits (lyst and zinc 80 pec approx each). That's like a 3% hit rate even indoors I can't take it. i realize there's no guarantee that it would end the same with the f-105 but I'm not sorry I stopped. Hit rate on the Level 5 drops so far was only 5%.

That's the current status of that amp, with the ores and a little fruity bonus. I think the dianum was the global, the narc was two hits, and sorry Alina but the Petonium was only 46 PED. No tracker just some 130% goodness.

So anyways. It seemed pretty miserable and the hit rate was BAD. While i realize that a rookie finder at FOMA isn't the best deal, I stuck to domes with confirmed lyst, and saw a 3% hit rate, even worse than I was getting amped.

But by the time I go through these numbers I see if I can double my hit rate (get one hit in 12) I might break even within the one amp. Hmm, I was upset when I sat down to write this. Not so much now. I'll blame the salty one.

Well personally I am loving the current method of mining. Dumb Proof lol. Relaxed. :wtg: MA. Also seriously being a miner of late, I can tell people have to be really be high on there horses to be complaining as miners. Literally the easiest thing to break even/profit among all 3 professions.

Yes mining with lvl 13 on a 5% taxed indoor mining area and getting 104% avg markup will bleed u dry but then that is your choice.

I literally tried, and I can't contradict this.

Configurations I've used this month:

• Rookie Terramaster unamped on planet - TT in profit. Range of MU.
  • F-105 unamped on planet, TT too close to tell without logs. Crafted most ores anyways, mostly low MU.
  • Rookie Terramaster w/Level 1 on planet - TT profit, Great MU. Pulls pyrite out of PVP.
  • F-105 /Level 1 on planet - TT in the high 80 - low 90%, not logged. Crafted these ores, except some dianthus no MU.
  • F-105 / Level 4 on planet - Noticeably reduced hitrate, no mentionable markup. TT loss (1/2 amp used so this is anecdotal.
  • F-105 Unamped Indoors - Ark moon, Ark undergound, hard TT loss and waste of my time.
  • F-105 W/Level 1 Indoors - Ark moon, Ark undergound, TT in the 90s, no markup over 105%.
  • F-105 W/Level 4 Indoors - Ark undergound, TT loss, still negative after some MU.
  • Rookie Terramaster unamped indoors - Ark moon, Ark underground, FOMA. Average TT, specks of MU at Arkadia zones, Hard loss 18% TT on FOMA. Foma was also my longest consecutive run with this finder in the last 5 weeks. Not sure what to think about this.
  • F-105 w/Level 5 Indoors - I'm down 17% on a 300 ped run with 12 drops to go. So far 80% low MU ores.

I'm excited about the level 5 now it might still turn out well in spite of MU :handgun:

The numbers here (3.5 amps and still less than 200 unamped drops) are small and can possibly be dismissed as normal cyclic variance in EU. However the surface mining is done over time and as I do other things. It's not packed into a single "mining run" under normal circumstances.

The whole reason I've been doing amped runs and comparing finders is because of the stated changes. Despite my lack of an entropia life, I'm interested and I'm happy to see the thread, though I wouldn't have started one with only my own speck of data to support any conclusion.

In general though the harder I hit, and the longer I mine, the more results appear to become dependent on TT over MU. Others here are reporting similar results with more drops and bigger gear, and it starts to look systemic.

Perhaps the decreased volatility isn't being brought solely by dampening the cycles. They've introduced personal modifiers to hunting with loot 2.0 and there's nothing to indicate they can't be doing similar things to mining.

Although even in hunting they haven't admitted to adjusting loot for MU.

In general though, I have to agree with what Divinity is saying. Mining looks like the most viable profession in EU right now. It's getting very competitive because of that, though. It's more likely that markups are flooring because of the number of people that have moved into the profession than due to subtle manipulation by MA.

I wouldn't have expected stacks of iron, narc, and dianum to be TT food. It might be time to amp up for lyst.

Also regarding how anyone feels about loot theories, The big ATHs in the recent weeks along with the addition of a set of new ores and BPs indicating a rush in mining and crafting can be expected soon add up to plenty of reason for MA to be storing up some extra TT value right now. Pure speculation and not important to the topic.

So there's another wall of text with some little data, some little philosophy, and some more troll food for Alina. If you read it I hope you don't feel like I wasted you time.

I'll stop typing now. :ahh:

im still keeping my point tho :) its funny you take it as insult i didnt expect less , tho any of you forum whores (because i never see any of in game only on forum) should just stay away from some discussions of this forum pam pam

about the mining thing i dont have any problem with the less variation. im still dropping some days 20+ L5 per day ...in the end same results...who cares.

im really sure ppls care about your rookie finder results bro

Last edited:
A bit off topic there were some complains about crafting and one guy came and stated he is at 94-95% with some decent turnover. Anway..

I have few millions on planet cost. With all that im not on all time miners tracker.

Some months ago i decided to keep my tt return. Those are some numbers TT in: 619413,7 , TT out: 618106,3. Avg : 0,99. (few towers were in this period, hell runs, foma,arka moon,caly). Also this period came after i was down like 15-20k in tt in a month , next month again super low(i used to put total cost with the mu on amps thats why i talk about old logs). It will go down to 95% soon :p

Last edited:
im still keeping my point tho :) its funny you take it as insult i didnt expect less , tho any of you forum whores (because i never see any of in game only on forum) should just stay away from some discussions of this forum pam pam

about the mining thing i dont have any problem with the less variation. im still dropping some days 20+ L5 per day ...in the end same results...who cares.

Oh jesus wait until you read what I just posted.

Also thanks for the numbers.

Last edited:
Since I said so much about what I was doing I'm going to finish this up in case anyone was actually interested in the results.

I went to FOMA for two days. Honestly most of the time I was logged out composing some giant walls of text, or busy with other things. Finished up that amp.

Shot a few mobs, wasted some ped on the rookie finder, flew around the asteroid a few times. I dropped in domes 1,6,10,12,14,19 and the main arena.

TT returns 339.99 PED from the ores.

Dianum 67.50 @ 111.06% daily ( 7.46 MU)
Petonium 42.96 @ 130.86% daily ( 13.25 MU)

Total 360.7

The rest was TT or I'll craft it. As for the thread it seems if you pay attention, the markup is out there too. With TT here I don't need to worry aout finder decay or returns vs my puny drops or creature loots.

I suppose if I was a different kind of person I could have just posted this:

2 days dropping l5 on FOMA.

113% TT
121% w/MU

mining looks great to me right now.

You?

:lolup: be careful out there.

You should stop judging other peoples playstyles period.
Be glad there are still people playing , in any case you are not helping, you are only hurting and it's annoying as fuck. Oww and dont do it ingame either. People are just minding their own business and you pming all sorts of nastiness doesnt help players. If you dont like me, shoot me in pvp. ( Fat chance btw)

Last edited:
No globals to show, but my latest mining runs, all where fairly good around 90%+ up to 120% vs TT spent.

Well only small runs around 50-100 drops, but ok for me :)

Personally mining right now is a sick joke.... It's not worth spending the ped

Personally mining right now is a sick joke.... It's not worth spending the ped

your a good miner doode

Ah, so it's with the "3" ;)

Been too busy chasing other old nostalgia to go dig up any of your rambles on mining. I have to say though that with nothing but some web maps and some effective habits I've been able to go dig up some stuff, at least.

It's a terrible time to just press "R" and roll the dice as fast as your finder will let you though. I'm definitely hearing that from every direction. I've been doing a lot more manual clicking on the craft machines again, too.

It's hard to make turnover in any profession right now. It reminds me of late 2016 in a lot of ways, but I think we're going through it for a better reason this time. Also IMO it's not nearly as bad as it was then.

Fingers are Crossed.

Ah, so it's with the "3" ;)

Been too busy chasing other old nostalgia to go dig up any of your rambles on mining. I have to say though that with nothing but some web maps and some effective habits I've been able to go dig up some stuff, at least.

It's a terrible time to just press "R" and roll the dice as fast as your finder will let you though. I'm definitely hearing that from every direction. I've been doing a lot more manual clicking on the craft machines again, too.

It's hard to make turnover in any profession right now. It reminds me of late 2016 in a lot of ways, but I think we're going through it for a better reason this time. Also IMO it's not nearly as bad as it was then.

Fingers are Crossed.

Good old slot machines. In many ways Entropia Universe is a dumbed down version of Project Entropia

All I can say is my hit rate, indoors, is a hell of a lot worse than it used to be.
I've never had so many dry runs followed by a run with one or two hits. And the claim sizes? W T F?? VIIs and VIIIs even VIs on ores? That's what you get for enmats unamped.
I've had a d-class run on FOMA that resulted in one hit, a XII Lyst. With a d-class... a farging XII. You need 4 XIIIs just to break even on a d-class.

I remember when mining unamped on FOMA got you Xs and XIs, now you get VIs - IXs, if you get a claim at all.

IIs and IIIs ore claims unamped on planet with a regular finder? That's what you get with a TT finder.

So yeah, mining changes have been just farging awesome.

Back