Question: What do i do ??

carbon

Mature
Society
The Ministry
Insanity
Hello !!

Returning player here [ from 2008 ] I have not played since then. But thought i will start again, as there have been a lot of changes including graphics update[ a bit old :scratch2: ]. Been about 10 days since i started.

I tried Mining / Hunting and seem to like both. But the losses from mining seems to hit my PED card hard. Got a balance of about 3719 PED left from the initial of what i started with.

Hunting seems fun but a little boring at my current level.

So any idea on what to do will be better.

My Levels :

Prospector : 12
Surveyor : 3
Laser Rifle Hit: 3
Laser Rifle Damage : 2.8

As these are the only things i have done till now.

Gears [ If required ]
Adjusted Musca M Set
Omegaton A101 & 102
+ the gears from the Platinum Starter Pack.

PS: I already have a mentor & a soc [ thanks to Storm Spawn Bootcamp ]

Reactions: das
figure out how much you want to budget for starters... You mentioned how many peds you have on hand, but will you be doing additional deposits, or are you going to try to make that be 'all' for a while... Knowing your budget can help you figure out how much you are willing to risk.... and how to avoid going too much above that risk level.

figure out how much you want to budget for starters... You mentioned how many peds you have on hand, but will you be doing additional deposits, or are you going to try to make that be 'all' for a while... Knowing your budget can help you figure out how much you are willing to risk.... and how to avoid going too much above that risk level.

Heya,

I will be able to deposit about min of 250 to max 500$ a month, depending on how my PED card stays :ahh: . So I can use my current PED for starters if its going to keep me going for a bit.

The best would just be to mine or shoot your way up naturally.. You could chip in skills, but only real reason to do that would be to get higher up and gamble for a high HOF. It depends on what you enjoy, if its relaxing mining / shooting and the before mentioned is not a priority, then just go natural skilling path. It won't be long before you advance to a new gun / finder. Especially at those low levels.

4k of peds should last plenty at those levels... Mining is a lot more expensive than hunting if you take time vs. money spent in to consideration.

Storm Spawn Bootcamp is a very experienced mentor and should be able to guide you fairly well. Second opinions doesent hurt, so its fine you also ask here. But you're in good hands :)

Do what gives you some fun entertainment.

Fairly useless to do something you don´t like, just because you have better chance to break even on it.

If you like mining, do mining.
If you like hunting, do hunting.
If you like crafting, do crafting.
If you like trading, do trading.

At a budget $250 / month, everything should be possible.

Do what gives you some fun entertainment.

Fairly useless to do something you don´t like, just because you have better chance to break even on it.

If you like mining, do mining.
If you like hunting, do hunting.
If you like crafting, do crafting.
If you like trading, do trading.

At a budget $250 / month, everything should be possible.

The best would just be to mine or shoot your way up naturally.. You could chip in skills, but only real reason to do that would be to get higher up and gamble for a high HOF. It depends on what you enjoy, if its relaxing mining / shooting and the before mentioned is not a priority, then just go natural skilling path. It won't be long before you advance to a new gun / finder. Especially at those low levels.

4k of peds should last plenty at those levels... Mining is a lot more expensive than hunting if you take time vs. money spent in to consideration.

Storm Spawn Bootcamp is a very experienced mentor and should be able to guide you fairly well. Second opinions doesent hurt, so its fine you also ask here. But you're in good hands :)

Thanks for the reply !! I will just keep doing what i am doing right now then :yup: [ without gambling big ]

Good luck. And I hope we meet soon. See you ingame.

have fun & welcome back! :thumbup:

Definitely take time to explore. If you've been gone since any time pre 2010 there is a TON of stuff to see and do here.

There are free gifts and low level missions that help you out with some tools and ammo and get you around to see some of the scenery on every planet, I think. I haven't been to next island forever but it's beautiful even though I'm unsure of how many intro missions are active there.

There were recently some changes to the back end mechanics and a batch of new stuff is just about to be introduced related to the new Arkadian moon. Also there's a planet (well a moon) that you can completely fly around in space now. I sure hope there's more to come.

I see you got the platinum pack so you should have a mindforce implant. I love my sleipnir and it's cheaper to use, but there's not beating a TP chip and there are places in the game where you can teleport but not take a vehicle. This also opens up mindforce in general and even if you're not interested in hunting with it, it's good to have healing options.

Speaking of the sleipnir, if you're not interested in a bunch of vehicles and ships, get a quad-wing interceptor. It flies like a boat compared to the VTOL, however faster and has better guns. In space it's the thing to have because it's incredibly boring (and time consuming) to fly between planets in a sleipnir/vtol.

By the time you've touched on a good part of the "new player" stuff that's available you will have had a pretty decent tour of the universe and probably a much better idea which direction you want to focus your activities.

Also you won't be as likely to hunt/mine off all of your PED and ragequit :rolleyes: With a decent mentor and society to help you that's not nearly as likely, lol.

Hopefully most of what I've posted here is redundant for you but it's stuff I usually post to general "what should I do" posts. You should have enough UL gear that if your budget gets tight you can participate without scraping up MU for (L) items. Most professions now have basic SIB tools for new player to early or mid levels without investing a ton of PED.

Once that's covered, just make sure you take some time to look around and have a little fun in between trying to find some swirls :wtg:

Welcome back and good luck.

Nice setup. It's pretty much the same that I would recommend.
I would encourage you to keep on hunting, it gets better and your setup can take full advantage of it.
Welcome back!

Definitely take time to explore. If you've been gone since any time pre 2010 there is a TON of stuff to see and do here.

There are free gifts and low level missions that help you out with some tools and ammo and get you around to see some of the scenery on every planet, I think. I haven't been to next island forever but it's beautiful even though I'm unsure of how many intro missions are active there.

There were recently some changes to the back end mechanics and a batch of new stuff is just about to be introduced related to the new Arkadian moon. Also there's a planet (well a moon) that you can completely fly around in space now. I sure hope there's more to come.

I see you got the platinum pack so you should have a mindforce implant. I love my sleipnir and it's cheaper to use, but there's not beating a TP chip and there are places in the game where you can teleport but not take a vehicle. This also opens up mindforce in general and even if you're not interested in hunting with it, it's good to have healing options.

Speaking of the sleipnir, if you're not interested in a bunch of vehicles and ships, get a quad-wing interceptor. It flies like a boat compared to the VTOL, however faster and has better guns. In space it's the thing to have because it's incredibly boring (and time consuming) to fly between planets in a sleipnir/vtol.

By the time you've touched on a good part of the "new player" stuff that's available you will have had a pretty decent tour of the universe and probably a much better idea which direction you want to focus your activities.

Also you won't be as likely to hunt/mine off all of your PED and ragequit :rolleyes: With a decent mentor and society to help you that's not nearly as likely, lol.

Hopefully most of what I've posted here is redundant for you but it's stuff I usually post to general "what should I do" posts. You should have enough UL gear that if your budget gets tight you can participate without scraping up MU for (L) items. Most professions now have basic SIB tools for new player to early or mid levels without investing a ton of PED.

Once that's covered, just make sure you take some time to look around and have a little fun in between trying to find some swirls :wtg:

Welcome back and good luck.

Thanks a LOT Atrax, it pretty much sums up what i want to do now :) . I will take my time and explore and do the starter missions & continue to mine[without amp]/hunt what i can for my level and try to enjoy it :D

Nice setup. It's pretty much the same that I would recommend.
I would encourage you to keep on hunting, it gets better and your setup can take full advantage of it.
Welcome back!

Thanks !!

If u are looking for starter type missions besides the regular new player stuff... check put low hp quests and mobs..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-s-Endeavors&p=3641399&viewfull=1#post3641399

(Of course spawn will tell u to probably stay away since globals on small mob are far and few between... just a good way to skill without massive bankroll)

Hi Maria,

Thanks for that great guide, but the thing is i have not left Calypso yet :)

I am working on the Daikiba Mission Chain outside of Twin Peaks right now & planning on going after Combibo [ Youngs] once i am done with the Stage 3 on Daikibas.

And is it worth Buying a Xent Tech Rifle X3 ? I heard that i can use that along with the Omegaton A102 once i am maxed on it [level 10 i think ? ]

find ur old friends and play with em :wise:

I was going to give some advice but truthfully there's nothing I could really tell you that Spawn can't tell you. He's a solid mentor, you're in good hands.

Heyas!

[...]
So any idea on what to do will be better.

...improve your communication skills w/ your mentor, you´re lucky...wish I had a mentor like that, when I started out...omfg I got discipled farmed...and look @ me now...all bitter and shit...you don´t wanna be that guy... so keyword would be communication my friend...gl

Back