Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BenCoyote View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

1. Make the Battle zone/safeone euidistant so if it is 04. in the battle zone 9Lootable pVP) and 0.2 in the safe zone that means that using the simple forumla of 1 au every 2 minutes this give3s you about 15 second in the safe zone and 30 in the lootable. so why not just equal it out.. 30 second till you hit the Lottable pVP zone at a planet, then another 30 to get through it..

i would leav ethe rest alone..
    This sort of thing would end up getting tweaked a few times I guess. I'm hearing more and more that there are people who are interested in PVP in general and space PVP in particular that would be a lot happier to give it a shot if the incentives were not entirely one sided.

Most of us would like it if it wasn't wrapped around a planet, but I think that whatever they do, it will take longer to get through it than the timeout period. Like you I think smaller would be better.

I just don't think MA will let us get out of the planet with only 30 seconds exposure.

2. Add in defense systems aroun and only the space station and the stations would only take out Negatively rated quads.. not positive ones.. so that way it keeps campers from camping the station and allows the player to get to the PVP zone and thus allow the pirate or mugger to attack from said PVP battle zone.. All loot would go to the pK'er but there would incur a little royalty to the PP. Not a ad idea..
    Everybody seems to love this idea. FIX KARMA TO THE AVATAR!!

3. For the Pirates base it woud be the flip side of the station. This time the piratated could camp anm loot other pirates9Backstabbing 0 or other pirate groups.. also make the interior of said pbase part lootable and non lootable PVP if you so choose, but leave some areas open for traffic/Trading

Then there's my fave, the BLACK MAREKET! Pirates need money too you know, so in a manner of speaking if they can't TT it at the planetary station they could tT it at a non aligned station or... They could take it to the pirate base and put it up on the black market.. that way they cancontrol the markets as well and it would be shop as you go..

If a good player wanted to buy from a pirate he or she could but this time there would be a transfer fee(The usual 2/56 ped for 12//Immediate.. and it would be what is lootable now.. if a Pirate wanted to put up a gun or other things like armor they could but the good player buying would have to go through the AH to get it from the black market..
    Man that is the first time I have heard that. That is actually a very cool idea. Pirate turrets friendly to negative karma at howling mine, and maybe an auction there that you can't get to from any other auction terminal.

I'm not sure about making it accessible for a fee. I sort of like that you would have to get past the pirates and the evil turrets to use it. If such a use came with maybe a little bit of negative karma ^^

Player karma should have a visible value, and activities limited by level. It would have far more applications than just on ships in space.

And finally Have mob areas as you stated but then throw in random wandering mobs in space.. So yeah there would be Hunting zones but then of ocurse there could be mobs outside these zones.. but at a lower spawn rate.. would entice people to hunt in the non training PVE zones and leave the PVP hunting zones to those who are brave nough.
    Random small mobs are great.

We could also have high HP mobs that do things like sort of hover around but head for the nearest PVP zone if under attack. No aggression, a defensive sort of attack they fire backwards, and you have to chase them down for a bit to finish the kill.

I think pretty much the only place we have mobs with this sort of behavior is tiny birds?

I think people would also like knowing that at any given time in space, there are at least one or two of the mothership size mobs rambling around. Not really limited to an area. Maybe you find it in red PVP, or yellow PVP, or just PVE.

and finally Make space bigger.. Give the folks the option to warp jusm which could take minutes such as warp vehicles (Mother ships privateers and warp quakes/Other warp ships and yes the pirates can mine the battle zzones if they want.. but then the mines would have to be crafted (As they are now, but would linger up to an hour before being deactivated and removed.. gives a whole new meaning to mine sweeeping (The quads could shoot the mines and destroy thembut the pirates coouelthen drop more mines.. also make the mines easier to craft..

as for the non warp vehicles it would take a few hours to ge ther.. this would also make a player decide of 'should i go get it and risk the loss, or buy it over th auction wait the time and get it on the AH with the exception of the black market the wait would be 3 hours for the 6 ped and 12 for the 2 ped payments..
    I like my time, and I don't like waiting for a bus to play the game. This would really frustrate me, but maybe that's not a 100% bad thing Each time space expanded I've gotten used to it pretty quickly - with just a bit of grumbling.

And of course let's upbringing weapons.. Lasers are passe and bLP shouldn't work in space.. My favorite.. Misses and Particle beams and rail guns! Oh y! Weaspons like these would be crafted are limited and actually sell able for all those arm dealers.. onthe missles you could make my favorite thing. decoys! yep and the decoys could be used by a player (IN the front/back seat to drop to thwart said missles and thus force the Decoy dispenser skill prices up..

I mean wouldn't it be inteesting to see thesetype of space battles..?

I mean how would you like to dodge ALL THAT???!!!! good luck you're gonna need it..
    I would be so happy if I had something besides a rocket launcher on my VTOL. I have no problem with binary liquid propellant in space one of the liquids will be an oxidizer so it's not like gunpowder.

I'll take a rail gun, tyvm

Thanks for taking the time Ben that was a pretty good read. I haven't heard anybody really talk about creating an ecosystem for those who develop their negative karma. I think that if MA would change the way they have currently implemented karma we could enjoy a lot more use of the system.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    I went through a phase where I hunted a lot of cosmics in space using a limited quad, the risk was balanced because back then after a global you could press t and end up at the space station to tt loot. It was still risky, but also exciting too. Sadly MA stopped us T-ing to the SS.

I got robbed a few times, but mainly I did ok avoiding the pirates. There was even a small period it rained ESI's which covered those losses anyway.

I've not hunted in space for a couple of years, although I would assume that converting any shrapnel looted to ammo, reduces the risks of being robbed for most of your returns.

To be fair I really enjoyed those space hunts, it was edge of your seat stuff out in the wild west so to speak. I don't really care for the PVP side of space, although if there was an area of space we could hunt that wasn't PVP and we could use storage I would love to go back to space hunting.

Just my few pecs.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

Changes

Defense turrets are now activated on every space station. If you shoot a person in space, you become an outlaw for 24 hours and will be unable to enter space station safe zone, unless you enjoy getting shot to shreds. You can now safely enter planet only outside of safe zone or via teleporter on space station. As an outlaw, you will be spawned in PVP zone when leaving the planet.

Previous announcement

Ignore the changes, we figured that without ability to camp inside the space station safe zone and without a fix to VTOL flight speed exploit in space the forum and support system would be flooded with tears and we spent all the tissue on ubers for this fiscal year.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minu

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ... you could make my favorite thing. decoys! yep and the decoys could be used by a player (IN the front/back seat to drop to thwart said missles and thus force the Decoy dispenser skill prices up..
    Nice ideas! I had one about decoys in space here (#31):
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3369854

General space proposal:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...pace-Proposal)

Can't +rep OP anymore, many good ideas from you lately. I'm maybe skeptical about the lootable people thing, I believe it would become rather a disincentive for anyone but the strongest avatars to enter a pvp zone as those would just clear everybody else out upon sight -- now at least they need to consider whether it's worth it. But keep 'em coming
    Last edited by San; 09-16-2018 at 07:33.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3