What happened to content releases? What happened to the Athena area overhaul?

livitherpia

Hatchling
In 2012 kim posted some teasers of the overhaul for the athena area. IVe also noticed that calypso has been lacking when it comes to content releases.

Whats going on?

What happened to this stuff?

The lack of content development for calypso has me concerned for the future of this game...

areawip.jpg

leveling_1st_pass_server_area_08_08_001.jpg

showimage.php

showimage.php

Lol welcome to entropia? Expect little because u get nothing

Very good question I've been asking myself since around 2012 when it seems like MA gave up on working on the game for the most part

It got scrapped, Kim switched to Compet and that was the end of 'inhouse' development as it appears.

Their total loss of focus is disgusting.

Despite the array of bugs we have and they do not want to fix (clipping issues, broken chat channels, buggy shops, creatures can't be looted and the list goes on and on) they just announced a new camera system that:

1. Nobody asked for
2. Will introduce new bugs
3. Will be irrelevant for most of the playerbase

Who knows how much development time has been already put into it, and how much more will be. I'm not a fan of the whole "sky is falling" bullshit but the future is grim if this is their new direction.

Meanwhile we got things like:
- A moderate success with the loot crate fad (Strongboxes)
- A total failure and abandoned housing system (Resource gathering)
- A poorly made pokemon clone that has already failed (ComPet)
- A bitcoin clone that will fail soon (DeepToken)
- A new moon and new deeed money grab (Ark Moon)

It looks like all they do is join a trend months after its peak popularity, when it's already dying.

Hence this suggestion: Focus on the game.

Sorry for being so pesimistic, it's my honest opinion.

Their total loss of focus is disgusting.

Despite the array of bugs we have and they do not want to fix (clipping issues, broken chat channels, buggy shops, creatures can't be looted and the list goes on and on) they just announced a new camera system that:

1. Nobody asked for
2. Will introduce new bugs
3. Will be irrelevant for most of the playerbase

Who knows how much development time has been already put into it, and how much more will be. I'm not a fan of the whole "sky is falling" bullshit but the future is grim if this is their new direction.

Meanwhile we got things like:
- A moderate success with the loot crate fad (Strongboxes)
- A total failure and abandoned housing system (Resource gathering)
- A poorly made pokemon clone that has already failed (ComPet)
- A bitcoin clone that will fail soon (DeepToken)
- A new moon and new deeed money grab (Ark Moon)

It looks like all they do is join a trend months after its peak popularity, when it's already dying.

Hence this suggestion: Focus on the game.

Sorry for being so pesimistic, it's my honest opinion.

Not pesimistic mate its how it has always been and currently is and looks asif it will still continue. But hey its not like its hurting the game just shutup and deposit. Lol

And this is why every time I log in nowadays, I struggle to think of something to do that I won't find utterly tedious.

And this is why every time I log in nowadays, I struggle to think of something to do that I won't find utterly tedious.

Must admit I have found another game to delve into and it is awesomely challenging and so interactive imo , as much as I love and am part of EU , to me it feels so diluted that it is barely a virtual world , economy , escape , whatever you want to call it

I do hope that the devs and whoever teams can start to get back to the roots of EU ,

I won’t ever fully quit Entropia , just like many others I will take multiple hiatus’s, and have twitch , discord etc to gauge how things are

For some reason a couple of images are missing from my post.

Also, this comes from a place of love, i want the game to succeed, but how mindark treat it is honestly depressing to me.

areawip2.jpg

1st_draft.jpg

There are 2 other pictues i tried to have on the original post, and tried to post again, that for some reason are being held back, not sure why?

I feel another post coming with an entire list of broken promises :laugh:

Honestly this shit is getting pretty fucking ridiculous.

MA employs 40 people. 40 PEOPLE!!!! HOW??????

Our activity pays for all those people (and the occasional investor they bilk out of some cash.)

All the planet partners have had to seriously downsize their operations and/or their development plan because the mother company can't help but SQUIRREL at ever new (well a year or two after it was new) fad.

Honestly this shit is getting pretty fucking ridiculous.

MA employs 40 people. 40 PEOPLE!!!! HOW??????

Our activity pays for all those people (and the occasional investor they bilk out of some cash.)

All the planet partners have had to seriously downsize their operations and/or their development plan because the mother company can't help but SQUIRREL at ever new (well a year or two after it was new) fad.

Can you imagine the weekly progress and weekly updates if half of those 40 were actual developers ? ;)

I know one guy that would be able to make EU by himself (to be honest, he's one of a kind). Can't believe that MA has 40 employees... doing what exactly? Quantity doesn't mean quality... EU actually had more development when they had a smaller team...

I'm glad I didn't waste as much time in this game as I wanted to... all the potential destroyed by dumb owners.

I know what dumb owners can do to a company, I've worked for one that exists 15 years(because there wasn't competition). Now there is competition (my company included) and they have less and less customers. And all because of what?

- not listening to the customers
- not focusing and their MAIN product
- many bugs on the product (technical issues)
- trying different side projects that were dumb beforehand
- poor salary for employees that had brain, vision and ability to tell the boss "this is a stupid idea"
- not developing fast enough (if someone can get to the same level and even surpass you in less than 2 years than its sad - my company and others vs my previous bosses company)
- etc etc etc.

Ive experienced this situation in my life and I believe if someone really wants they can catch and surpass EU in less than 3 years of development. Just have to be a good and dedicated team - especially the owner. Someone might laugh that it's not so easy, and I agree it's not easy(12 - 14 hours a day even during weekends), but one thing is for sure: it is very doable.

For me EU is not possible to repair anymore. Even when there was a chance they added more new stupid ideas... and are always one step behind...

In 2006 it was a thrill to find a game like Project Entropia and I always thought that in 10 years time this game will be HUGE or at least better... it isn't either.

Sorry for the rant...

True :bandit:

They used all that graphics for the Cape Corinth area overhaul in late 2013.

lol i think i am the only who did read your line ? and indeed the overhaul happend :wise::lolup::wise::yup:
and still MA added a ton content to caly while planet partners are left alone ... so much is suck in the pipe :laugh:

I know one guy that would be able to make EU by himself (to be honest, he's one of a kind). Can't believe that MA has 40 employees... doing what exactly? Quantity doesn't mean quality... EU actually had more development when they had a smaller team...

I'm glad I didn't waste as much time in this game as I wanted to...

True :bandit:

some1 knows what happend to the clones of entropia :p afterworld is dead i think and the other projects failed aswell as it sems ?

some1 knows what happend to the clones of entropia :p afterworld is dead i think and the other projects failed aswell as it sems ?

Afterworld never got out of beta, therefor never was an RCE.
I dont miss it.

What other RCE RPG projects have been there?
I don´t know :)

As it was at the time I actually enjoyed Afterworld. It was only alpha stage wasnt it ?

Must admit I have found another game to delve into and it is awesomely challenging and so interactive imo , as much as I love and am part of EU , to me it feels so diluted that it is barely a virtual world , economy , escape , whatever you want to call it

I do hope that the devs and whoever teams can start to get back to the roots of EU ,

I won’t ever fully quit Entropia , just like many others I will take multiple hiatus’s, and have twitch , discord etc to gauge how things are

dude. what game. got me all excited. is it star citizen? is it dual universe? what could possible be as fulfilling as this broken POS?

dude. what game. got me all excited. is it star citizen? is it dual universe? what could possible be as fulfilling as this broken POS?

Probably Aftertime Diaries, but it was 100% vaporware... sorry.

This is a very important post, that I would love to have someone at MA read. Will we get a response from the "community manager"? Hell no. The pace of the devs are appalling. It's almost like you take the development of almost any other "live" game over 1 year, then spread it out over 5 years and you have EU.
40 employees? I never heard that before and think that's f-ing insane. Depends what you call and "employee" I guess.
What is going on more recently is really unknown. All these side projects that are less productive then me having a lemonade stand outside my house. I'm disgusted by the housing plots. New moon seems like trash and the pvp zones make it an instant boycott to me.
I had a really good time during migration, but like Mega posted - I find it hard to find reasons to log in. I can find things to do - but can't find the justification to spend $250 a month that it takes me to "have fun" That's pretty much it, I play 1-2 months a year and even then I walk away feeling like a sucker for "blowing" all my money.
I play lots of other games for hours and hours that I've spent under $100 TOTAL. MA can't compete with that nor do they try IMO.

Only way I see this game to thrive or even stay a float is that another company buys it and develops it properly (or even half-assed) as MA currently just keeps the lights on - and some of those are broken lights...

Hi

This is a very important post, that I would love to have someone at MA read. Will we get a response from the "community manager"? Hell no. The pace of the devs are appalling. It's almost like you take the development of almost any other "live" game over 1 year, then spread it out over 5 years and you have EU.
40 employees? I never heard that before and think that's f-ing insane. Depends what you call and "employee" I guess.
What is going on more recently is really unknown. All these side projects that are less productive then me having a lemonade stand outside my house. I'm disgusted by the housing plots. New moon seems like trash and the pvp zones make it an instant boycott to me.
I had a really good time during migration, but like Mega posted - I find it hard to find reasons to log in. I can find things to do - but can't find the justification to spend $250 a month that it takes me to "have fun" That's pretty much it, I play 1-2 months a year and even then I walk away feeling like a sucker for "blowing" all my money.
I play lots of other games for hours and hours that I've spent under $100 TOTAL. MA can't compete with that nor do they try IMO.

Only way I see this game to thrive or even stay a float is that another company buys it and develops it properly (or even half-assed) as MA currently just keeps the lights on - and some of those are broken lights...

Hi he is called Ludvig (lovely guy) he comes here now and again

If ma fails to produce content the whole player base will slowly migrate to different games. Poe, warframe, project ion(work in progress), fortnite hypes, you name it... Games that are active in the forums, reddit and ingame.

No one is waiting for the next ped begging post from MA, Statues/invisible armor to name last 2.

I said that the team MUST be dedicated (I know Afterworld had dedication, but bad ideas), Aftertime diaries had neither and what else is/was out there? Project ION? They dont plan to be an actual RCE therefore wont have a playerbase larger than 100-200 people. Otherwise there is nothing... :) Trying to make a shitty copy wont get you anywhere. You have to learn from the mistakes of EU, not copy them...

After so many years of development and one rewrite to new engine, I bet they have tons of tech debt and that's the reason development is slow and once they manage to release something they break other things :) They also have too many features for their team size - that makes changes harder to make and more of their time goes to maintaining what they already have. Seem software project implode from too many half-assed features before.

Also that 40 ppl is whole company: accounting, management, marketing/sales, customer service, testers, actual programmers, etc. I would be surprised if they had more than 5 developers actually slinging code. That side projects do not help either.

From their financial statements it seems like game revenue is not so great too - stagnating at best. No wonder they look for ways to diversify like compet or deeptoken. I won't comment on their specific sideprojects but diversification is common move - many companies do that.

Back