Suggestion: Inventory :)

Status

Thorns Rose

Elite
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
New York Rose
I think to solve many problems with the average EU player and travelers would be to extend player's personal storage/inventory to accompany all of a player's storage items that they may have on other planets etc. :tongue2:

Imagine being on a planet and hunted/mined/crafted and putting it in a storage (possibly purchase this extra feature or rent) and being able to actually use or sell the things you acquired, no matter where you are. ( not to mention PP's would have more foot traffic of players )

Yes, I know many will hate this idea due to EU profession or a few shops.

I like the idea and would make storage available if forgetting things before you traveled to another destination in EU, as well as putting your lootables in storage and travel comfortably throughout game.

Just an idea to tumble about.

Last edited:
Doesn't exactly address your post Rose, but I wonder if MA should do 1 safe travel day per year as an experiment.

It'd be interesting to see just how many people would leave the planet they were born on. A bit like the film The Purge - but in reverse. ;)

You get to keep what you kill / mine + empty those far flung storage containers...

Well, you did say tumble, so that is what popped out of my head.

You mean you want, effectively. one big planet?

Not gonna happen, but I predict it will be super popular with the space-haters.

:D

Peace, Miles

Peace, Miles

No, you missed my point.

If I was to travel to other planets to hunt/craft/mine it would not have a added hindrance of when I needed a certain armor or material to explore the planets BP's or mobs and much more pleasurable experience instead of added stress of travel or need.

I have found myself on many planets wishing I had brought a set of armor or gun or my colorator etc. If I had a certain material in a storage to make something, I could somehow retrieve it.

I believe it would INCREASE travel because as we have seen planets are dying from lack of use or interaction with. We have tried it the other way ,how about a new approach? Surely, you see nothing wrong with trying to improve the game.

Peace, Miles

I haven't found any space haters here. A few with low interest, but no haters. ;)

I'm not using them all but IMO the worst thing about this idea is losing somewhere between 4500 and 6000 visible storage slots. If they could fix that up I would love it.

Also with that economic division removed, maybe they could drop the lootable PVP that people do hate and we could get on to having some robust gameplay in space.

No, you missed my point.

If I was to travel to other planets to hunt/craft/mine it would not have a added hindrance of when I needed a certain armor or material to explore the planets BP's or mobs and much more pleasurable experience instead of added stress of travel or need.

I have found myself on many planets wishing I had brought a set of armor or gun or my colorator etc. If I had a certain material in a storage to make something, I could somehow retrieve it.

I believe it would INCREASE travel because as we have seen planets are dying from lack of use or interaction with. We have tried it the other way ,how about a new approach? Surely, you see nothing wrong with trying to improve the game.

OK, but what about stackables in storage? If it is only items it would be confusing, but maybe ok.

Peace, Miles

P.S. I'm waiting for space update before asking for change, Yes, I know it has been forever, but replacing Loot 1.0 has been priority as it represented an existential crisis. Now that Loot 2.0 is in place we might find our way back to the road map.

hmmm... Those gizmos that Mindark handed out after the 'resettlement' in ce2 vu that let shop and apartment owners open up storage from a distance, personal storage container (L) I think... could be expanded... to other planets... perhaps make each planet partner create their own variation, and you could only use it to access that planet's storage... Those L things have decay fee since they are L... just make it crafted with something specific to that planet... and decay cost similar to or more than auction fee that folks are using to move stuff through space anyways.

Thats nothing I really need.

Even sold my personal storage container L, as I don´t need it.

Well other people, different style.

Always pick correct gear befor going out to hunt/mine.

For crafting completely obsolete, as you don´t need crafting materials in personal inventory, its consumed directly from storage :)

So only thing where I may want to have access to storage, is when I become heavy due to much materials on me (big mining runs).
To solve that, spawn a pitbull - unload your ores into vehicle storage - recall it. All moved to storage and continue.

As said, nothing I would really need :)

It's not space we hate, it's forced lootable pvp if we want to change planets.

I think there is something you missing. EU is a "platform" and on this platform PP creating separate worlds. ofcourse there are some common items you can use in all of those worlds/planets, with an agreement of the two parts MA and PP. Nobody says that tomorrow there wouldn't appear a world with nothing in common with all other PP's. There are some ideas that showed up from time to time. So some kind of global inventory or a section storage even if it is attractive suggestion it is against the PP agreement and the platform project idea.

As about Mega question. (kinda out of OP subject but important).People like to travel and sometimes immigrating for good like I did. I don't think I'm the only one.
I'm an Arkadia account and I choosed this planet to start from luck and without any knowledge of Entropia Universe at all! For me thats a very negative point of EU, because I had no chance to choose where I want to "belong" after I got some idea of what is going on. Arkadia wasn't the place I prefer to live! I choosed ROCKtropia and Calypso after my first month in EU (now that's more than 5 years). Because when I visited for first time I discovered things I liked on these planets.
*Next Island was the planet I "felt in love" with first shight but on this planet we all know what's happened. So wasn't an option at all.
So, In my opinion a short trial period in every account, is something neccessery above anything else.

- back in the subject....
I liked to travel alot in deep space :) from my beggining and not only back then but all the time and frequently. I had many adventures and experiences in space and also I love to be into a spaceship/mothership cockpit aswell.
I believe,
Space it is... what it is! We like it or we hate it, but it is there to separate worlds and will remain like that. Some re-design and improvements are needed but storage and inventory changes aren't a neccessity.

I think to solve many problems with the average EU player and travelers everyone should get his own mothership.

:tongue2:

I think to solve many problems with the average EU player and travelers everyone should get his own mothership.

:tongue2:

Mmkay you buying? :laugh:

On topic:

I am not lugging around everything and the kitchen sink or weigh out if my Forced Nexus was worth taking with me for a BP I found a material for or mined on another planet.

I had wrote out a wall of text (before this post) with examples etc but before I could hit 'enter' PCF had logged me out in the whole 5 mins I was on and I was too lazy to rewrite the whole thing..very odd indeed. So, I guess discussion over so it doesn't degenerate to some ridiculous Space topic

Interesting responses though in this thread. ;) :smoke:

:locked::locked:

Last edited:
Status
Back