ComPet Announcement

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]ComPet Announcement[/h]Late in 2017, MindArk performed a major overhaul and update to ComPet with the goal of improving conversion and retention of new players. After this overhaul was implemented and refined, a comprehensive marketing campaign was initiated early in 2018. Analysis of that marketing campaign and the resulting conversion rates indicated that the current model was not sustainable. The marketing analysis was conducted by a leading mobile marketing firm.

As such, the MindArk Board of Directors has decided to suspend any further development or marketing of ComPet, and is exploring options for potential development and/or publishing partnerships with established mobile game organizations.

In order to minimize the impact of the decision to suspend development of ComPet, MindArk is offering ComPet Deed holders the ability to exchange ComPet Deeds for Arkadia Moon Deeds at a ratio of five ComPet Deeds for two Arkadia Moon Deed. The upcoming release will place two different NPC:s on Planet Calypso which will handle the transfer, one in Port Atlantis Mall Teleporter and one in Twin Peaks. The NPC:s will be available until December.

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Originally Posted Here

[h=2]ComPet Announcement[/h]Analysis of that marketing campaign and the resulting conversion rates indicated that the current model was not sustainable. The marketing analysis was conducted by a leading mobile marketing firm.

You really needed marketing firm to see that?

What was the original price of compet deed ?

{REMOVED DELETED QUOTE}

Firstly this obviously. But they honestly could have just ignored it and left you with nothing instead you get back something, normally when you invest in high risk startup and it fails you get a fuck you and nothing more. Did MA do things perfectly here, no ofc not see my quote tosum up the venture BUT this gesture is certainly more than im sure most of us expected so giving them some props.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is kind of them.

It's also good to bring this saga to a close. My condolences to anyone who lost money investing in compets.

We may now see some EU development, which is good.

Wonder what this means for stable owners?

So you can buy Arkadia moon deeds ingame for peds. All what you have to do is buy any amount of compet deeds ending with 0 or 5 on auction and transfer them. :cool: Whats their price now on auction ? If its lower than 24ped per piece it could be cheaper than current webshop price.

There were 200,000 Compet Deeds offered. (source) (right now can't figure out if all were sold)
There were 200,000 Arkadia Moon Deeds offered. (source)

The exchange ratio implies that up to 80,000 (40%) Arkadia Moon Deeds might still be unsold at this point.

When they made hangars obsolete owners got privateres so ... maybe stable owners get something too... maybe can trade your stable deed for 50 moon deeds as MA seem to have an excess of them :laugh:

you make wrong decision and make bad investment
now instead taking loss, you get rewarded whit working deeds

MA make loss and ARK will pay for it
insted getting cash for deeds from players
MA will not pay them 6 usd for deed
:mad:

Why not put two npcs on EACH planet instead of forcing folks in to space to turn em in if they are not currently on Calypso? Hell, why not just create a 'global instance' anyone can access that's free to access, and put the npcs in there?

Nothing, since the link between compet and the stables (and the whole EU, for that matter) was lost long time ago. Of course there are always some unfounded expectations, but the stables have a working function (how much working and is it worth the investments is a different question) so MA won't feel obliged.

So you can buy Arkadia moon deeds ingame for peds. All what you have to do is buy any amount of compet deeds ending with 0 or 5 on auction and transfer them. :cool: Whats their price now on auction ? If its lower than 24ped per piece it could be cheaper than current webshop price.

this is the jackpot for the people who bought compet deeds for 20! 5 x 20 = 100, and the value of 2 moon deeds should be at least 20% more than 100

as for me, I bought em for 10 $ each and never bothered to sell em. just like when I rush sold my aud too early, another big loss for me :mad:

you make wrong decision and make bad investment
now instead taking loss, you get rewarded whit working deeds

MA make loss and ARK will pay for it
insted getting cash for deeds from players
MA will not pay them 6 usd for deed
:mad:

It's likely, and I sure hope, that MA has purchased these deeds from Arkadia studios.

Platform/PP agreements are kept somewhat hidden but I don't think this is a case of Arkadia Studios paying for Mindark's mistake. Considering that planet partners have to pay in PED to have mission NPCs hand out skill and items and etcetera, I'm sure that Arkadia will be compensated for their deeds.

And based on that number being so large this might open up the Ark moon deeds to in-game trading sooner than they would have otherwise.

speculant reselers will have more cheap deeds to sell for profit as soon amd will be tradable
investors who wana buy and hold will have less time to buy it from webshop

will be interesting if ppl buy all amd from webshop faster than MA implemnt this scam , and then NPC will have nothing to trade:laugh:
unless MA buy enough amds in advance and pay A team full prize in cash

i dont see in statment any word about A team or any word that MA already buyed amds for it

i dont see in statment any word about A team or any word that MA already buyed amds for it

I don't either, and of course MA may have taken a discount or made some arrangement besided full cash price with arkadia.

I doubt arkadia studios is eating the cost on this though.

yes, i obv started to think same. imo they should receive something aswell.

It's likely, and I sure hope, that MA has purchased these deeds from Arkadia studios.

Platform/PP agreements are kept somewhat hidden but I don't think this is a case of Arkadia Studios paying for Mindark's mistake. Considering that planet partners have to pay in PED to have mission NPCs hand out skill and items and etcetera, I'm sure that Arkadia will be compensated for their deeds.

And based on that number being so large this might open up the Ark moon deeds to in-game trading sooner than they would have otherwise.

Who knows...in some weird way MA might be doing Ark Team a favor.

Moon deeds are on sale for a long time now and still not sold out.

Moon deeds were used as compensation for land plot winners (gold rush) and now again to compensate compet deed holders.

Moon deeds are only meant to become tradeable ingame once all deeds are sold in webshop.

With handing moon deeds out this way they are making sure all of them deeds are in players hands eventually & can be unlocked for trading in game.

Without these measures it's anyones guess when i can finally sell mine in the market (& by that finally turn them into an actual compensation for the land plot i still don't have after 2 years)

Could be the next drama unfolding if those moon deeds aren't becoming tradeable rather soonish. MA is saving Ark Team from having to compensate moon deed holders with deeptokens or something :p

Wow! MA admitted something didn't work and are closing it? Are we in the Twilight Zone?
I am sorry for all those involved that worked on this project and invested money and it didn't work out.
Tip of the hat to MA for trying to make it right to deed holders as best they can (legally could have done nothing)

Now that I said all that positive stuff can I say my initial reaction to the announcement?

NO DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!
About friggin time you admit it.

Can we have Kim back now?

While I own no deeds and this doesn't directly affect me, I'm glad MA finally gave up on compet as it was a waste of everyones times and a lot of money. Hope MA can actually work on the REAL game now and stop thinking their stupid side projects will ever work out.

You have a cash cow that people love, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LOOTIUS put some real development into EU.

Who knows...in some weird way MA might be doing Ark Team a favor....

IMO this is the case.

MA admit defeat on compets. Good.
MA compensates Compet investors. (Surprisingly!) Good.
AMD head closer to open market. Good.

I'm quite happy here. No offense intended to those who invested, and held out hope until the very end. But of all the things that could have happened here, this is good.

Seems to be plenty of agreement that it's time to cauterize this wound. Despite all of that
(relative) goodness, more condolences to everyone burned in the process. In spite of the many opinions on compets, it's always miserable to buy a bad investment.

very pleasing to see MA draw the line under compets and offer something back for its discontinuation.

Hopefully MA will get back to focusing on their core business.

The only sad note is that it took MA such a long time to figure out compet was bad, hopefully they will learn something about product development from this :laugh: (read "the lean startup" MA)

This is great news.
And sounds like a somewhat responsible way to convert those compet peds into something more viable.
If MA can claim a write off for the loss of compets, then this is likely a very smart move for them as well.
Plus Ark devs get a cash injection from MA, so ark can further work on more content, sounds like a win-win to me.

Faith in MA has increased by 22.0043 pts.

Seriously though, is Kim coming back to EU?

Faith in MA has increased by 22.0043 pts.

Easy on the buff pills there...you're ODing :p

Yes, credit for doing something. Yet it's still a cheapskate way of handling all this.

The moon & it's deeds are a far cry from being a success yet.

I know i'm sitting on moon deeds for 6 months now waiting to sell because they didn't cost me anything.

Now another bunch buys into those as a last resort.

If deeds were tradeable right now with the state the moon is currently in there would be a lot of selling pressure.

There's so much focus on this goddamn moon right now it's not healthy and may well turn into the proverbial nail in the coffin for A Team & MA alike.

Seriously though, is Kim coming back to EU?

Info from ComPet Forum said:
Username:
Kim|ComPet
Last active:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:38 am

I doubt he come back to EU, if he didn´t 1.5 years ago.

Also I think that ComPet had a chance to be successfully, but MA failed big time to listen to their beta testers.
The only thing they had focused on and developed were new skinns and maybe arena, no uniqueness, no variance. And then the last hope with the strongboxes, which showed how clueless they are.

Once again they were talking pretty loud what all will be available in their product, but never delivered it.

The only positive thing I see now is that I can move on. Take the loss, don´t wait for the relaunch they mentioned in their annual report, sell the moon deeds and finish my adventure here.

Back