ComPet Announcement

Because ComPet failed before it ever got to that point.

Hardly if that was MA's Bulletin No1 of what they intended to provide for our peds and the game was still on paper at that stage.

EXPLAIN TO US WHAT IS "NOT" MISLEADING FROM THE INFORMATION BELOW PLEASE.

Will all pets available in ComPet be inspired by Entropia Universe creatures, and will all pets used in ComPet be provided by Entropia Universe tamers and stables?

Rick.

Sad to say this was all before the first version of the game was release. This was their idea yet when they got back what they asked for it wasn't exactly as planned and from there is when we saw the changes of Compets taking on a new theme away from the main theme of EU.

It was only after many failed starts of the game that MA came back and told us that some day they may look into linking the two games.

What is sad here is that that post many years ago should have been this OP post of the failure and what not. It took MA a new younger CEO but at least they finally came out and stated they have done bad. As many are trying to say, they simply are a bit slow and should have done it sooner.

If anything it was YOU who was misleading us if you want to look at it in an odd way. But yes, I know it was MA who told you -- so keep that thought and you may understand what happened within MA itself.

the fault lies with the deed holders though. i mean it was clear from the start that compet was just crying to be a huge failure. you took the risk because you wanted to believe in it, you didnt listen to anyone telling you otherwise and you got burned. well. sad but thats entirely your own fault. why invest in something that was designed to be a failure?

there are countless comments and explanations why this was going to happen. and it did happen. why blame anyone else but yourself?

The only mistake was to accept the systems 'confirmed' to be included within Compet would actually take place, before the game was even written into code. As explained a few posts before from in "Bulletin No1". We waited and waited and waited and MA stayed quiet.

It failed becasue those systems were not included. How you simply can't see that obvious position, is clearly trolling for fun.

I mean Really; if you paid someone to ram you up the buttom with a 12" black cock, but instead they slapped it around your face instead a few times, clearly you would feel undersold and dissatisfied with the serivce you paid for. It might be difficult to publically compain about that, but were dealing with a 15 year old business that we'd expect to honour the promises sold.

Rick :p

Rick.

If anything it was YOU who was misleading us if you want to look at it in an odd way. But yes, I know it was MA who told you -- so keep that thought and you may understand what happened within MA itself.

Look on the bright side, if I wasn't saying believe in MA's promises they will get there in the end, then the equality swap might be 10/1 rather than 5/2.

I'm just used to trading with clients that are paid for the scope they said they would deliver for the price quoted, and if that doesn't happen, the supplier or Contractor pays damages for failure. I don't now how that works in Sweden, although I would certainly have strong contractual T&C's if I ever dealt with a Swedish firm.

Shouldn't really need such agreements for our entertainment, but looks like its going in that direction. Hey-ho.

Rick

The only mistake was to accept the systems 'confirmed' to be included within Compet would actually take place, before the game was even written into code. As explained a few posts before from in "Bulletin No1". We waited and waited and waited and MA stayed quiet.

It failed becasue those systems were not included. How you simply can't see that obvious position, is clearly trolling for fun.

I mean Really; if you paid someone to ram you up the buttom with a 12" black cock, but instead they slapped it around your face instead a few times, clearly you would feel undersold and dissatisfied with the serivce you paid for. It might be difficult to publically compain about that, but were dealing with a 15 year old business that we'd expect to honour the promises sold.

Rick :p

well this was certainly not the first time that MindArk promised stuff and never delivered. it wasnt the only time, nor the first nor the last. so it was to be expected. dont ever believe a single fucking word that MA says until its live on the servers.

They failed to achieve that prospectus.

It's a failure. Not the deed holder's fault, but as investor it's their problem.

I encourage any one of you to sit down with a lawyer before you embarrass yourselves further here.

It's hard to stay off of this thread, but it's emotional and it apparently needs to run a specific course. But some of the analysis in this thread is purely emotional and WAY off of any real world base.

Not everyone in this thread is saying wrong things. Some of it is good investment advice in general. Some people have obviously invested in something they never understood due to being starry eyed with CLD performance back in the day. Anybody who spent more than 20 PED on a compet deed is irritated.

NOBODY is blaming deed buyers, despite the fact that many people feel compets was obviously a bad idea from the beginning. It's a hard spot we're a competitive community and so it's confusing when you want to say "YES I WAS RIGHT ALL ALOOOONG!!!" but at the same time you're watching people you like lose their shit.

Let's don't tear each other apart over MA not hitting a target again.

At least this thread makes the compet deeds slightly more valuable.. All of us who bought one deed for the fun of it, now need to buy 4 more to exchange them to moon deeds.

It makes sense now why they make Arkadia Moon Deeds untradeable. They have this all planned out.

Well maybe some company will take compet and let it shine..

Or will they remove these compet deeds? Would they stil pay out revenue?

Honestly this ComPet Announcement gives me more questions then awnsers.

Even if it connected to EU, it would have still failed. At most it would capture the EU audience. The massive gaming market on mobile now gives everyone something to enjoy. They weren't going to get bedazzled by was ComPet was.

Dont always think about bad things behind curtains ppl...personally i think ma has done the right step forward to build up trust again and to stand for things that didnt work..and to try to better it up...

They werent forced to announce/offer this Trade-in for AMD...so its to end up this whole topic of it,make a line under all, give players the chance to have something that is worth more then 0 and move forward and make things better...

AND i think the AMD arent tradeable until sold ..to prevent ripp-off to "not good informed ppl" bec like with AUD happended

-->traders bought them from npc and sold them to ppl for a good + amount...that is not the intention of it....and to prevent that the same story goes on with amd..so they need first all be sold ..and all players do pay the same for them initially...

so please ppl...dont build up bad theories in all things, bec the past wasnt the best one on some topics ingame...

lets clear out the mind, and treat it in a neutral and objective way...

Eddie

Well, one things for sure, this is probably going to make folks think twice before investing in Mindark's uncompleted crap again. Devs better think twice or 50 times before trying to do something else that has any type of profit sharing deed, token, etc. associated with it (including but not limited to future plans for deep token, and whatever bullcrap Neverdie's going to try to put together for the AmVRca thing)

(still think they should sweeten the offer somehow, by either upping it to 3 deeds instead of only 2 in the npc trader, and/or perhaps by allowing those that reached a certain residence level in compets to get some sort of whatever in EU - wouldn't have to be something too great, maybe some new pet with three buffs, maybe some sort of special little item similar to the gifts given out at holidays yearly, etc.... just something to sort of say, hey, thanks for spending a few hours/days/months on our bullcrap scheme... (for those of you that spent any amount of time 'waiting' on residence upgrades, building upgrades, etc. for days while you did arena battles, etc. to prepare for the next upgrades, you know what I'm talking about.))

Last edited:
Well, one things for sure, this is probably going to make folks think twice before investing in Mindark's uncompleted crap again. Devs better think twice or 50 times before trying to do something else that has any type of profit sharing deed, token, etc. associated with it (including but not limited to future plans for deep token, and whatever bullcrap Neverdie's going to try to put together for the AmVRca thing)

(still think they should sweeten the offer somehow, by either upping it to 3 deeds instead of only 2 in the npc trader, and/or perhaps by allowing those that reached a certain residence level in compets to get some sort of whatever in EU - wouldn't have to be something too great, maybe some new pet with three buffs, maybe some sort of special little item similar to the gifts given out at holidays yearly, etc.... just something to sort of say, hey, thanks for spending a few hours/days/months on our bullcrap scheme... (for those of you that spent any amount of time 'waiting' on residence upgrades, building upgrades, etc. for days while you did arena battles, etc. to prepare for the next upgrades, you know what I'm talking about.))

/sarcasm on

Would be funny if everyone that plays an online game ask for something when the servers are closed.

When Supercell closes the servers on Clash of Clans i want a lifesize statue of the king to compensate for the thousands of hours and hundred of euros i've spent ingame!

/sarcasm off

Come on... be real! Mindark doesn't owe the compet players anything. They can decide to close the servers whenever they deem fit. If you want your gameplay to be safe, play a singleplayer game...

Regarding the deeds, some people raised some points about the legal aspects of those. Since i dont know anything about that, wont comment on that issue.

Come on... be real! Mindark doesn't owe the compet players anything. They can decide to close the servers whenever they deem fit.

True, but same could be said of EU itself... if tomorrow they decided to shut down everything and never turn on server again, they could do so...

Yes I've thought about all the time I spent maxing the village pets and libary, and just as I trigger the "last" upgrade MA shut it down. Why do that to us? Its just feels really nasty.

It felt like that taming too in EU, just as I unlock scientist, MA bring in looter skill that provides scientist for the super ubers. It's almost as if I'm on the watch list over the years to stop me progressing in any meaningfull way with any advantage.

I spent years trying to hit that 5 digit hof, then realised the only way I'd ever do it was to be forced to buy into the deed system to help make that happen long term.

I just feel I spent the last 4 years really hardup in real life to build stack of deeds, believing in Mindark and this sense of "shared" opportunity. Now that money I could have spent on hunting etc, was just "taken" anyway.

I can't take 30K compensation for 150K of deeds, they got want what they wanted I think....build me up, then build me up again and then break me as hard as they can. Someone in MA has had it in for me for 10 years, I feel they just want to punish me, "rub it in" so to speak at every opportunity.

On a personal level, I don't think there's going to be recovery from me, or a way forward. I can't see that coming from MA to fix it for me personally. Sadly I think it's just going to be goodbye. I can't take anymore of it to be honest.

Rick

Reactions: das
Yes I've thought about all the time I spent maxing the village pets and libary, and just as I trigger the "last" upgrade MA shut it down. Why do that to us? Its just feels really nasty.

It felt like that taming too in EU, just as I unlock scientist, MA bring in looter skill that provides scientist for the super ubers. It's almost as if I'm on the watch list over the years to stop me progressing in any meaningfull way with any advantage.

I spent years trying to hit that 5 digit hof, then realised the only way I'd ever do it was to be forced to buy into the deed system to help make that happen long term.

I just feel I spent the last 4 years really hardup in real life to build stack of deeds, believing in Mindark and this sense of "shared" opportunity. Now that money I could have spent on hunting etc, was just "taken" anyway.

I can't take 30K compensation for 150K of deeds, they got want what they wanted I think....build me up, then build me up again and then break me as hard as they can. Someone in MA has had it in for me for 10 years, I feel they just want to punish me, "rub it in" so to speak at every opportunity.

On a personal level, I don't think there's going to be recovery from me, or a way forward. I can't see that coming from MA to fix it for me personally. Sadly I think it's just going to be goodbye. I can't take anymore of it to be honest.

Rick

And now you did it again!
You nearly got me crying again.
The sadness, the melancholy. :cry:

The only hardcore EU survivors are just a bunch of masochists.
We stay here because we like to get fucked over, robbed and pissed on by MA.

If you can't stand the torment of MA's sm whip, then EU is no place for you.

But I guess I don't need to tell you that.

PS I won't quit but I surely need an extended brake (again) as well since MA decided to completely cancel my loot. So, screw that.

Let's all take a brake!

PS I won't quit but I surely need an extended brake (again) as well since MA decided to completely cancel my loot. So, screw that.

Let's all take a brake!

Amen brother!

It's like the bad times / downswings last seen under 1.0 right now.

Let's all take a brake!

Yeah; The time has come I think. I wear my heart on my sleeve, that's why my wife loves me.
It's not crying as such, just sharing my internal emotions about the situation. I'm pretty hard on the outside, you'd never know it, if you was sitting next to me.

You used the right word though continued "torment". I'm watching this series at the moment on Netflix called "Lucifer" he lives on earth now, it's fantastic. A bit of twist on the "Originals", well seems like the same sort of dry humour. I highly recommned it, it makes laugh.

It kind of opens your eyes to seeing the world from a different prospective. Makes you think about things, and whats meaningful.

I guess the first step to freedom, is to keep away from this place.

See ya

Rick

...personally i think ma has done the right step forward to build up trust again and to stand for things that didnt work..and to try to better it up...

I am with Rick on this one. I don´t see how this action should build up trust for the people involved in the ComPet fiasco.

Rick

> Losing money is one thing.
> Losing time for testing and giving feedbacks is another one.
> See how the team don´t really listen to you is one more.
> See that the team make promisses and don´t fulfill them another one.
(by Kim|ComPet » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm
There will be other significant advantages to using pets with a higher rarity when an upcoming system is introduced later this year.) just as one example.
> Slow reaction from Devs was also a problem.
> And now after at least 6 Month of silence they came up with that. Did they thought that compet will magicaly get successfully if they dont change anything for a long time.

>> The only positive thing is that they didn´t spent more money on advertising, it wouldn´t help as the game wasn´t ready for it and haven´t offered enough.

>> The only positive thing is that they didn´t spent more money on advertising, it wouldn´t help as the game wasn´t ready for it and haven´t offered enough.

Sadly, in many ways the same can be said of EU.

Yeah; The time has come I think. I wear my heart on my sleeve, that's why my wife loves me.
It's not crying as such, just sharing my internal emotions about the situation. I'm pretty hard on the outside, you'd never know it, if you was sitting next to me.

You used the right word though continued "torment". I'm watching this series at the moment on Netflix called "Lucifer" he lives on earth now, it's fantastic. A bit of twist on the "Originals", well seems like the same sort of dry humour. I highly recommned it, it makes laugh.

It kind of opens your eyes to seeing the world from a different prospective. Makes you think about things, and whats meaningful.

I guess the first step to freedom, is to keep away from this place.

See ya

Rick

Dont get me wrong, I feel you pain. I totally understand you!
It's just that you always confront me with those pains and I dont always want to see/feel them.

But I've also reached a point (again) as to where I keep asking myself, what on earth am I wasting my time here for?
Should I cash out?
Or should I just go into hibernation (again) for another year or 2?

Somehow I just cant set myself to quitting completely.
But maybe if I had bought the compet deeds which ended up in this disaster, it might have been a lot easier choice for me.

lol some company should buy out MA for the 10 dollars its worth and open EU without real currency value.... You know how much more fun this game would be if it had a currency that wasn't backed by a dollar? Subscription based, more players. Yeah, this game would be 120x more developed than whats put out now.

Compet is dead. Should have seen this from the beggining. It was just a horrible game. I downloaded it, played for 5 mins and deleted. They missed the mark.

lol some company should buy out MA for the 10 dollars its worth and open EU without real currency value.... You know how much more fun this game would be if it had a currency that wasn't backed by a dollar? Subscription based, more players. Yeah, this game would be 120x more developed than whats put out now.

Compet is dead. Should have seen this from the beggining. It was just a horrible game. I downloaded it, played for 5 mins and deleted. They missed the mark.

To some of us the real cash economy is what makes it fun. If it wasn't RCE I would just go play a different subscription based game. This one is way too grindy to be fun without the RCE aspect.

first: MA cant decide to make this game non RCE as they dont even have remotely enough cash to cash out everyone

and secondly: if this game wasnt an RCE then 99% of the already small playerbase would be gone

first: MA cant decide to make this game non RCE as they dont even have remotely enough cash to cash out everyone

HOLY COW! Someone listen to this.
Whats going to happen when this game finally goes and people have thousands of dollars in items? "We will give you ped amount. MU will not be taken into account". Time to cash it. This is just a sign of compet closing.

90% of players are gone

90% of the remaining are gone

90% of the remaining are gone. On the bright side, there is no slightest lag anymore even at peak hours when all 5 users log in at once.

10/10 agree. Doesn't mean something can't be rebuilt with a different base.

I can't take 30K compensation for 150K of deeds

If there is anybody in your life, a real investor, please speak to them. I'm not going to include any IMO or explanation here because my related experience has no emotional value or impact to you at this time. Speak to a person that you know, in real life.

This venture has failed, and the option to recover 25% or so of your initial funds is NOT inconsiderable. The odds of MA doing anything to save compets after this announcement are a ridiculously low percentage, and the odds of them selling on something so heavily interlinked with EU IP are close to zero.

If they did manage to sell a property they couldn't allow to link into EU in the first place, the odds of that company developing it in such a way that it pays PEDs to EU players are low to nonexistent. They will be buying a dead product with no obligation to any deed holders should they manage to succeed with whatever scraps they bought.

The feeling of persecution by MA/EU are carry on stuff but now's definitely not the time to point by point any of that. Just, when you say you "can't take" it I hope that doesn't meant that you are going to walk away from the money on the table.

"Cut your losses" is a real thing. It is honestly a more important part of investing than anybody ever wants to think. When you see a good out, you take it. This one comes with an ongoing revenue stream that could, in theory, eventually recover your losses 100% +. Of course the timeline is ridiculous but also pretty much nobody in a venture capital fund or a startup funding round EVER got something like that.

Again, please, if you know any real investors or can speak to an investment advisor about this, it might help. Ask a day trader about cutting losses.

As for how this leaves you feeling about MA - you're not wrong there either. Obviously they know more about hiring lawyers at this point than hiring programmers. If you feel that someone sold you a prospectus and failed to make even a good faith effort to achieve the goals you are well within reason to be pissed. But speaking of those lawyers I doubt that anything actionable has occurred here.

In a case like this refusing to deal with them further is a pretty reasonable decision. Most of us would miss you.

Take the money though. If (USD)3k doesn't help your life right now, just leave it sit while you walk away for a while and it will chip away at those losses for you. You're in the middle of some real hurt and that's a horrible time to be making financial decisions or ultimatums about absolutes.

Something - again the pain and hurt are real but that's chemical, and it will pass. It's a variation on something I posted earlier in this thread but, if someone cuts your arm very badly, the first thing you leap to isn't "that really hurts I better just cut it the rest of the way off".

True, but same could be said of EU itself... if tomorrow they decided to shut down everything and never turn on server again, they could do so...

I'm 100% aware of this every time I log into the webshop, or open the transfer center.

Everybody should be aware of this, some folks might be well to read a printed copy each time they use the word "invest" and then buy bullets or (L) gear.

Wait what? You have been here from 2007 and posting such nonsense?

This game is only alive for one reason - it's online casino, RCE. If you havent noticed graphics, gameplay, physics, replayability, "endgame", pvp, story, quests etc etc etc - it's all complete shite lol.

Have you not ever played any other games besides solitaire? Man, atari times ended like 30 years ago...

Does anyone know if any Ark officials have stated anything in regards to this ?

Does anyone know if any Ark officials have stated anything in regards to this ?

Not on the forums. There's this though:

Indeed, MindArk is bearing the full cost of the conversion of ComPet Deeds to Arkadia Moon Deeds.

Arkadia Studios are very non-communicative lately. They post a lot of pics and teasers at slow times but sort of fade when stuff is happening it seems.

Back