PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Old Alpha Atrax's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Posts
    912
    Images
    127

    This seems ... wrong.

    There is some imbalance here with how the armor system is meeting up with the vehicle system.



    This started with me simply wanting to offer my high SI vehicle to the newer repair skillers at Icarus. I had noticed this was difficult the other day but didn't have time to pursue it. I went out to try and figure out if I could address it today, or find a way to put some decent SI damage on the vehicle and you can see what happened.

    Really this thing got 65.1 SI decrease for 6.06 PED decay

    I got on a phone call or this would not have gone so far. And here's a big danger obviously. This car could deflect tens of thousands of points of damage and in a lot of cases burn out it's entire TT of 30 PED without seeing anything like a single full SI decay.

    So wrong.

    Large mobs that can hit me, or the car (not sure what applies):


    This is not much better. Again these large mobs would likely decay the entire TT of the car before the SI.

    Is this not wrong? My personnell carrier is definitely serving it's best use as a 1kped storage box right now.

  2. #2
    Old Alpha
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Jhereg's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    1,036
    Images
    17
    Try a bigger mob where the armor doesn't cover the full damage? I think the armor is absorbing all the damage...which counts towards the tt value of the car...
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

    Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

  3. #3
    Old Alpha Atrax's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Posts
    912
    Images
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try a bigger mob where the armor doesn't cover the full damage? I think the armor is absorbing all the damage...which counts towards the tt value of the car...
    This is what I'm forced to guess as well. The armor system is decaying the damage as TT value and so never even presents it to the vehicle SI system.

    Repairing and repair skilling are definitely part of the incentive for purchasing a higher SI UL vehicle, and this circumvents that completely. Also it's always seemed an important part of the vehicle system that the vehicle will (SI) break before a single mob or even a mob train like this is able to consume the entire TT of the vehicle.

    There's no way that being distracted for a moment should have an up to 30 PED impact on an avatar parked in a light scout vehicle like this.

    And then STILL not even need structural repair.

    EDIT: To clarify my point, this vehicle is showing me that "absorbed damage does not result in lost structural integrity".

    To me this seems the opposite of logical. It does make for a very nice storage box, though.
    Last edited by Atrax; 09-19-2018 at 21:27.

  4. #4
    Slayer Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    8,744
    Images
    84
    If you did it in a real armor the result would be about the same. SI is like vehicle's health and armor protects it so the vehicle lasts longer through the attacks. What you say is like wishing to die faster on a hunt to save armor.

    The benefit of UL vehicle is that you don't pay markup on new vehicles + it has greater armor. It's certainly not a tool for repair-skilling, it would be like continuously healing yourself in a mob swarm.

  5. #5
    Old Alpha Atrax's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Posts
    912
    Images
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you did it in a real armor the result would be about the same.
    Sure this makes sense. Armor doesn't have an SI equivalent so the direct comparison wasn't coming together for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SI is like vehicle's health and armor protects it so the vehicle lasts longer through the attacks. What you say is like wishing to die faster on a hunt to save armor.
    Ok. I have(had) the misimpression that the goal of the vehicle armor was protecting my health. I mean the end result is that it does, but this step in the process helps me to get how this makes some sense from the system perspective.


    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of UL vehicle is that you don't pay markup on new vehicles + it has greater armor. It's certainly not a tool for repair-skilling, it would be like continuously healing yourself in a mob swarm.
    Decay/repair is the cycle. I don't feel like motherships were sold as repair skilling tools but TBH most of their time is spent being continuously healed in a mob swarm. As long as the TT in satisfies the system for the skills out it's not a wrong use. In the end this means that if I want to use the vehicle for this purpose I just need to find something that does ridiculous amounts of damage (ridiculous for me lol) per hit.

    You cleared it up for me with "the SI is like the vehicle's health and the armor protects it" completely. I was operating on the assumption that the SI was the armor and that it was directly there to protect my health. I suppose the balance on the more lightly armored vehicles, or in space, just never led me to question this assumption.

    Thanks svarog.

  6. #6
    Elite Hijacker27's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Mississauaga Ontario, Canada
    Avatar
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Posts
    4,726
    Images
    62
    Yeah as already said, vehicles decay in the same way as armour. Any extra damage not protected against goes towards the SI just like it would lower your HP if it was you and not your vehicle being attacked. If you want to lower the SI at lowest TT cost you'll want to get attacked by very high damage creatures such as a Mulciber that will take it out in a few shots.

  7. #7
    Old Alpha Atrax's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Posts
    912
    Images
    127
    [System]: You were killed by the vengeful Mulciber.[System]: You take 379.7 points of damage.

    OK with some pesky little eviscerators nibbling at the TT the mulciber in the caldera was able to destroy this car with approximately .55 PED TT cost each time (2 attempts within 1 pec of same decay).

    That's a long side trip and It's probably still not 'profitable' for skilling but the comments are sometimes worth the entertainment. Thanks again guys.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a long side trip
    What about spiders (South/)west of Minopolis?

  9. #9
    Old Alpha Atrax's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Posts
    912
    Images
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about spiders (South/)west of Minopolis?
    Haven't found big spiders only but I did find one southeast of minopolis and it did a pretty good number on the car.

    Lots of nuisance mobs nibbling the TT though.

    The hunt continues

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook